Aberrant: 200X - The Coma Nova woke up...

Jael Carver

Originally Posted By: Jael Carver
Do you think he knows about novas? Makes me wonder what I would do if I were to sleep for ten years.

Personally? I think first thing, I'd wake up and have a nice, tall glass of Crystal Pepsi and kick back with the apex of video gaming technology, the Playstation.

Audi 5000!

Originally Posted By: Flicker
I'll give you a baggie of Martian soil in exchange for it.

Holy hell, girl. First the moon, and now Mars? Are you kidding? No, you're not, are you. Wow. I'm stunned.

Not to derail things - which I'm about to - but as long as we're on the subject, I was curious about how things work for you. The idea of going to a far-off extra-terrestrial target got me wondering about things like visibility, distance... Do you need to see where you're going to? Do you need to know what it looks like? How far can you go? I mean, did you make the Mars trip in one shot, or did you have to break it up? And if you had to break it up, how did you not get lost? How'd you find your way back to Earth?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, but the logistics of what you can do fascinates me.

Originally Posted By: Vile Bill
We can time-travel, right?

Holy shit, Bill. I fucking hope not.

Originally Posted By: Odysseus
Originally Posted By: Flicker
I'll give you a baggie of Martian soil in exchange for it.

Holy hell, girl. First the moon, and now Mars? Are you kidding? No, you're not, are you. Wow. I'm stunned.

Not to derail things - which I'm about to - but as long as we're on the subject, I was curious about how things work for you. The idea of going to a far-off extra-terrestrial target got me wondering about things like visibility, distance... Do you need to see where you're going to? Do you need to know what it looks like? How far can you go? I mean, did you make the Mars trip in one shot, or did you have to break it up? And if you had to break it up, how did you not get lost? How'd you find your way back to Earth?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, but the logistics of what you can do fascinates me.

It really helps if I can see where I'm going, but a rough idea will do, too. The Mars trip was a little tricky to pull off, to be honest. I really had to focus and work at it. I did it in one hop. I can't imagine what it'd be like trying to just teleport to some point way out in the middle of nowhere in the Solar System as a waypoint. I mean, what if I run out of juice out there, floating between the planets? Bad, bad, bad.

I think I could go farther, but it'd be risky. Maybe with more practice I'll be better at it. smile

Finding my way back is easy. The earth is familiar, so it's no work at all to "feel" my way back there. The whole process is like visualization. I imagine the other place so vividly that it's like I'm there and here at the same time, then I simply let go of here. Bam, I'm there. The easier it is to visualize "there," the easier it is to go there.

Originally Posted By: VileBill
Dammit.

I had a great idea for a vacation someday. I want to eat a dinosaur and fuck Marilyn Monroe.

Forget eating, I wanna ride one!

A dinosaur, not Marilyn Monroe. That'd be... awkward. My dad had a crush on her, I think. Glech!

I have claws and can fly. The first is because I was defending myself and I'm a Nightmare on Elm Street fan, and the latter because I've always dreamed about flying.

I'm pretty and faster and some other stuff, too. But that's not nearly as cool as the flying.

I look like, well, like a fox-woman, I change things into other things, I fly around and flick fireballs around and I turn invisible and intangible, though I suck a bit at those last two.

I can't even imagine what it'd be like waking up to the world the way it is today from ten years ago. If you need or want any books or whatever on what's been going on, let any of us know.

Thank you Roxanne, slow and steady wins the race I guess.

So far Project: Utopia has been very generous with history books, news archives and documentaries over the past three days but it's boring. Thank god for the memory warehouse. Apparently everything I take in sticks.

Originally Posted By: Jason Grant
So far Project: Utopia has been very generous with history books, news archives and documentaries over the past three days but it's boring. Thank god for the memory warehouse. Apparently everything I take in sticks.

I'd diplomatically suggest you broaden your information sources wider than the Project and the Project's employees, Mr. Grant. I'm not saying the Project are a bunch of motherfucking liars or anything, but to put it in terms you'd be familiar with, you probably wouldn't want USA Today to be your only news source, either.

Originally Posted By: Jason Grant
8 Days without sleep. Woot for me! I think I'm going home soon so I wanted to ask you New York Novas out there what I should check out in the city before I go?

It's worth spending at least one evening at the Blackburn Hotel. They're only open Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays, but I'd make it a point to stop in. Being a nova's enough to get you through the door.

Archived