Hello all. I'm new here so I appologize if this has been hashed over before.

I would like the low-down on the Proxies. Why were they chosen? How did they get their powers? What agenda do they really have? How powerful are they really?

From playing Aberrant, it seems like even a starting level nova could crush a psion. Are the Proxies bada$$ enough to give them a run for their money?

Any information would be good. Thanks.

A starting level nova could crush a psion. Most aberrants of the trinity era are a little weaker than the were in the early 21 century, and for the most part are just tainted monsters, but even they could take on 10 psions before the fight got interesting. The proxies, while more powerful than regular psions, aren't necessarily on the same level with titan class aberrants.

For a brief overview of the proxies, and the game as a whole, read the Trinity FAQ . Each proxy has a radically different agenda, and without the books in front of me I can't give you the exacts.

Hope that helps a little. If you still have questions, let me know.

To add my own thoughts to what Chosen has already said;

Apparently (and this is a guess), anyone with a sufficient level of apptitude heard a telepathic call from the Doyen to gather at a specific spot on the moon. Kind of like the comic book Guardians selecting a Green Lantern based on their will power but in this case it was affinity for certain psi principles. The proxies were the humans that actually showed up where the Doyen wanted them to and were given the "grafts" to achieve Proxie status and the tanks to make more psi in the way the Doyen wanted them made. It's possible there were psi apptitudes the Doyen wanted Proxies for but the candidate either didn't make it. This isn't said anywhere but it's possible and might make a neat plot.

How did they get their power? The books say the Doyen grafted some of their races genetics to human to activate psi powers in very specific ways that aren't natural for humans. They jump started our psi potential but at the cost forcing that potential to express itself in apptitudes. Of course the books also say that the Doyen are creatures of psi energy so you got to wonder what exactly was grafted into the Proxies DNA.

What agenda do they have? The Doyen wanted foot soldiers to use against the Aberrants who generate "taint", which is a lethal poison to the Doyen. The Proxies want to keep the world safe from Aberrants while pursuing their private agendas.

Could a Proxie beat a nova? We don't know what the Proxies are really capable of but generally a single nova can over power a single psi user. Whether it really works out that way depends on the nova in question as well as the psi.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Quote:
Cody:
Could a Proxie beat a nova? We don't know what the Proxies are really capable of but generally a single nova can over power a single psi user. Whether it really works out that way depends on the nova in question as well as the psi.
Meaning that the Proxies are hardly starting characters, and may have gotten a lot more than the average starting package to boot. For most battles, I'd bet on the proxies.

Having said that, they have felt the need to recruit vast armies of psions to deal with a handful of abbys. And even with those armies, it could be argued that the Earth is losing.

Quote:
Originally posted by David 'Dr. Troll' Smith:
Having said that, they have felt the need to recruit vast armies of psions to deal with a handful of abbys. And even with those armies, it could be argued that the Earth is losing.
Amen, Doc.

Hopefully the line will get some new life if only to give us some insight into what the developers were intending. Thinking over what material I've seen for Trinity it generally sucks to be a human and even psiads (psions?) don't have it all that great when Abbies start massing up to do some damage.