Aberrant: 200X - What group appeals to you?

Wakinyan

So we have more groups than we can count. QNA, Teragen, Green War, T2M not to mention all the L33Ts just to name a few. Any of you on the sign up sheets with these guys?

Myself I am thinking about just building a tree house. Serving punch and pie every Wednesday at 7pm CST. There will be a rope swing.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Odysseus,

I feel kinda sorry for you. There is no reason you can't do your job AND make tons of money. Of course if not having money makes you happy, that's cool. Me, I'm happy where I am for the moment. But, I am going to make some money when I get out of H.S. By then I should have at least a couple more powers and even if all I do is some commercials or sponsorships, that will keep me living in style. I'll probably start a band or something though, I've got a pretty decent voice and a little musical talent.

Oh, as for the original question... that's going to have to wait until after I get out of school. Like all the adults say, these are the best days of my life right? Might as well make it true, and I can't see doing that and being part of one of those groups.

Some of these groups have philosophies I find abhorrant, and other benign. I am not sure I would be a fit for any of them. (I am already part of a collective, of sorts. It's called Manhattan.)

Still, I will continue to look into these other groups. Not so much for me, but to try and understand why these groups have such wide appeal.

Originally Posted By: Mr Fox
Like all the adults say, these are the best days of my life right? Might as well make it true, and I can't see doing that and being part of one of those groups.

Be sure to make a video of the petty humiliation you're going to inflict on the target of your high school crush. I think Divas Mal would tell you that you're making headway into becoming a proper Terat-- maybe a little undisciplined, but the lack of humanity is already there.

Whatever. Like I said in the other thread, it doesn't have to get ugly, it will all depend on how she reacts. If she turns out to be a total bitch at heart, then she's likely to get hurt, if not then we could just as easily end up being friends. It doesn't have to end up with her hurt for me to feel satisfied.

Originally Posted By: Everyman
I fear what I can imagine more than what is still beyond my dreaming conciousness.

See, that's the part I don't get. If someone's human, even an unpleasant one, they make sense. We can treat illnesses of the mind and body, understand criminal psychology and figure out how and why murderers and monsters do what they do and become what they are. We have a frame of reference. Can people be horrific, twisted, sick, depraved nutjobs? Yes. Are they still human? Yes. (Keep in mind, too, that I'm not defining "humanity" as compassion or empathy.) We (and mankind in general) share common ground with them.

Inhuman... Where would you even start? How could you even begin to understand someone who was utterly detached from humanity?

It doesn't make sense to me that someone would be more frightened of the things that can be observed, quantified, and comprehended.

Originally Posted By: Everyman
Sticking it to someone you think has wronged you in love is all too human, Flicker. It is the novas giving into their darker human impulses that bother me - much more than what the inhuman ones might be like.

Human, inhuman, it's still petty and wrong, but that's another topic for another thread.

Originally Posted By: Mr Fox
Odysseus,

I feel kinda sorry for you. There is no reason you can't do your job AND make tons of money. Of course if not having money makes you happy, that's cool.

More money would be swell. I even trust myself enough to use it responsibly and not let it turn me into a shitbag. But I can't do my job and make tons of money and go on living my life as I've lived it so far, and there's the rub. Maybe I'll change my mind in time, but as things stand, given the choice between fabulous riches and being able to continue living my pathetically ordinary life, I'll choose the latter.

When I popped, I ended up with a pretty suck packet of abilities. That's cool, because any is better than none. But as long as I can continue to live a normal life, I will.

Originally Posted By: Wakinyan
So we have more groups than we can count. QNA, Teragen, Green War, T2M not to mention all the L33Ts just to name a few. Any of you on the sign up sheets with these guys?

Myself I am thinking about just building a tree house. Serving punch and pie every Wednesday at 7pm CST. There will be a rope swing.

1337s? Please. How analog are you anyways? laugh

In all seriousness though, I stand by my family, my country, and my school. Not in any order and equal in feeling, mind you.

That... and I would love to join Nippontai one day.

Odysseus wrote:

Quote:
Maybe I'll change my mind in time, but as things stand, given the choice between fabulous riches and being able to continue living my pathetically ordinary life, I'll choose the latter.

Now that I can understand. One of the reasons that I haven't come out as a nova yet is because I want to be Normal just a little while longer and enjoy it. I'll have my whole life for making the big bucks, which I fully intend to do once I do reveal my nova status.

Originally Posted By: Odysseus
Maybe one day I'll get tired of anonymity or find something that requires I sell out, or buy in, or whatever. Hopefully by then I'll have learned to use my limited abilities to do something interesting.

You don't need abilities to be interesting. You know your way around in FF6. icon_heartbeat.gif

Team Tomorrow does seem to be the obvious response to which group is most appealing, and they have done so much for humanity that it would be hard to deny them that status.

However, simple devil's advocacy says that I would like to actually see what the Teragen would turn into if it weren't for those who used their philosophy as an excuse to be careless brutes. I somehow doubt Divis Mal meant 'no rules at all' when he said that novas were outside of baseline laws

I wonder what he would do if novas actually came together and formed a lawmaking body for novas and by novas that passed laws with striking similarity to the ones we have now. Would he abide by the dictates of the Null Manifesto or would he declare that body to be 'baseline pawns'.

It's a thought. And now for something considerably lighter...

Originally Posted By: Sakurako Hideyoshi
Originally Posted By: Flicker
Is this serious or just you guys goofing around on the OpNet?

Rocket-powered tire swings. . . O.o

Just think of it! Enough thrust to go over the branch... and back around again!

The concept behind it is solid. How would you keep from hitting your head when you had gone over the branch a few times?

Originally Posted By: Flicker

You don't need abilities to be interesting. You know your way around in FF6.

This is indeed a talent that few have anymore. I would almost say it is a power unto itself now. Almost.

I favor no group. I prefer to keep my affairs my own business and to handle my problems in my own way. Basically I don't need anyone's backing or support and certainly could do with out all the rules or the in fighting over "what he said/what he meant" or branding me as "property of Utopia'.

This world has enough problems without us joining gangs and causing more hassle.

Originally Posted By: VileBill
Originally Posted By: Pandora
Some of us believe in making a better world.

I'm one of them.

Hey, and that's good on ya. Doesn't change the fact that when it comes to fists, bats, and blood y'all punk out real quick.

The only thing which has gotten the better of me lately is a steel pylon. By the time my new training is finished, I'll be able to handle anything. smile

A true warrior's goal is to remove, as much as possible, the need for his own talents. The world has no need for a warrior who does not see past the war he is in.

The factions of this world cannot see beyond that simple logic. I appreciate you wanting to make the world a better place, but most of us like the world the way it is. If we didn't, you and your Team Tomorrow wouldn't be having such a difficult time with it, or the Terats for that matter either.

Archived