Aberrant: 200X - Table Talk - General OOC Thread.

Mr Fox

Originally Posted By: Sunshine
I'm not exactly sure when Jael got arrested. Sometime after the VCCE, for certain.

I dated the fiction June 19th in the first post. If that creates too many issues, I can change it. smile

• Replies 419
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Combat Styles respec guidelines:

It's fair to say that this respec only covers reallocation of points from the rest of the sheet to combat styles and related merits. I expect people to keep a small log attached to their sheet of the date they made the changes and what those changes were.

I don't want to see people respecing to put points into mega-atts, atts, powers, enhancements, and skills. The ONE exception: shifting some pts from Martial Arts into Brawl is fine. Anything else is questionable. If your character didn't have MA or Melee before, I don't want to see it pop up now. This respec is primarily aimed at characters with combat skills who would reasonably and logically have certain styles. Please don't abuse that.

I've done a Combat Styles Respec on Einherjar which should (I hope) serve as an example of what's expected/required of people doing similar.

Points have been withdrawn from areas that would not cause paradox with fictions already written and shifted around accordingly. No new powers, mega-atts or enhancements have been added. The reclaimed XP has all gone on Combat Styles.

Joani / Fahrenheit -

It's been awhile, nearly 2 weeks since your last post in VCCE. I know you're hellishly busy irl, but other people are champing at the bit to post there now, so if you haven't posted by 7pm Monday 27th, GMT, I'll be making an ST fiat post to have Fahrenheit withdraw from the conversation. Maybe a summons from her mentor or some such - we can work that out when you get back.

I hope your RL issues clear up and you're able to resume play again soon. smile

Originally Posted By: Einherjar
Joani / Fahrenheit -

It's been awhile, nearly 2 weeks since your last post in VCCE. I know you're hellishly busy irl, but other people are champing at the bit to post there now, so if you haven't posted by 7pm Monday 27th, GMT, I'll be making an ST fiat post to have Fahrenheit withdraw from the conversation. Maybe a summons from her mentor or some such - we can work that out when you get back.

I hope your RL issues clear up and you're able to resume play again soon. smile

Thanks for helping me out. I really had absolutely no time to dedicate to the site. Your post was more than adequate, thanks alot!

ON a sidenote - I'm back and hope to find another opportunity to meet with that cute little Sunshine of yours...

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

You're as welcome here as you are anywhere. 200x is an open Moderated forum, which means anyone can play. Familiarise yourself with the Bible, which has been updated somewhat, and the House Rules thread for changes to the system that are in play here.

Activity is currently light to medium, but I'm about to pick up the Gods of War story posts where I dropped them during the chaos of my move, now that I've recharged my rum levels, as well as some of my other characters. Maybe that'll pick up the posting generally.

Now the moderately unpleasant part:

I'll be blunt, Sky. you have a reputation that drags along behind you like a loud and obnoxious tin can. As a Moderator for an open-world thread, I'm not going to allow that to influence my decision-making in any calls I'm required to make. I'm not going to ostracise or persecute you, OOC or IC. You are welcome to write and play with anyone here who wants to do so with you.

I also won't tolerate Shenanigans. Note the capitalised S. This separates the Shenanigans which make me want to reach for a thunderbolt from the other kind. That shouldn't require further explanation.

Welcome back.

Hello Ein!

I see you've updated your avatar to the live action version. :)

Funny you should mention my rep. I was reading through a lot of my old messages and remembering a lot of those old conflicts. All seems so long ago now. I have PMs from some of Joani's games and though I couldn't see it at the time, just about everything I did hit a 'NO' response. Same thing from Dawn and Mala. I should have just seen that my preferred types of characters just didn't fit their vision and walked away, but for some reason I was so attached that I felt the need to push for what I wanted anyways and then nobody was happy. Not so much with Fox, although a few of my attempts at an SGU were squashed for similar reasons. I think maybe the reason I get so upset over these things is because I have these characters I want to play, but my options for playing Aberrant pbp are pretty much...here. This is kinda the last stop for such things, our little corner of the interwebs.

I almost wish I could invent a new user name and get a fresh start, away from the reputation and all the miscommunications but alas, I think it's better to just be me and be honest about it.

Anyways...

Thanks for keeping the past separate from the present. I know there are some for whom that might not be the case. All I can say is that I'm in a very different place than I was a few years ago. On my most recent return I had a run-in with Dawn over trying to renter Dead Rising, and that was very frustrating and came down to a misunderstanding about the fluff side of eruption, and...that's ok. I don't have the level of time it would take to keep up with such an intensely active community writing project. I'm looking for something more casual yet still consistent, with no OOC drama (or as little as possible considering how touchy some people can be, especially when certain people with reputations are involved...)

As for playing, I have a character listed already (whom I've yet to play in this game): Yushiro Tora.

I'm very interested in collaborating with Kazuo and Long...are they still active? And of course Dawn and yourself whom of course are active. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Consider these characters officially shelved for the foreseeable future.

Origami, DigiGeist (Permanently), Ensign Minneapolis

If anyone wants to do anything with these characters let me know, but I am completely removing DigiGeist from play. Didge is to be considered "Tapped out" in the Congo.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived