Aberrant: No Fate - Table Talk: No Fate

Joani

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope everyone realizes the significance of that. As of right now all trails lead back to our parent organization.

1) Spectre works for our organization and he's been in N's dreams for a year (this can't be time travel since it doesn't go back that far).

2) N has probably had her memories altered, just like us.

3) Our organization wants Newton's gang dead. As far as we know they don't know about time travel and he's really new.

N and the entity are their creations, not Project Pro... or maybe we're working for Project Pro after all. They want Newton dead because of that link.

Okay. Having discussed a bit with Joani, we have two courses of action. Either of them could get us moving, but we decided to throw this open to the table, to get a general feel for it. This is strictly OOC, of course.

Option 1) Keiko -does- have the power, apparently, right now to undo not only Nadine's brainwashing but -everyone's-. Now, she may or may not get to everyone before the residual power is exhausted, but the implication is strong that she could do more than just Nadine. This has the advantage of simplicity...she snaps her fingers and pow, mystery solved. That would free us up to pursue other things and get the game moving again. It has the disadvantage of being very Keiko-ex-Machina, and reducing what could be a major plot point to a point of fiat.

Option 2) We make the undoing of brainwashing into something Keiko can't just wish away, and into a major 'quest.' We'd then be obliged to use various contacts, abilities and so on to find someone who could break the brainwashing. A powerful telepath perhaps, or disgruntled ex-Directive agent who specialized in 'deprogramming.' This has the advantage of using the PC's strengths and skills, and giving everyone a chance to shine. It has the disadvantage of being potentially long and involved and if people aren't really interested in it, it could stall things out.

So what do you guys think?

If it is between 1 and 2 I'll take 1 as it will allow us to begin working toward a resolution.

It doesn't have to be the case that all our memories are restored, simply striping away the brainwashing to allow us to realize that we've been manipulated would be enough. Just knowing concretely that OC is brain-washing us would be enough reason for Sean to turn against them. He already knows that his memories have been manipulated but up to this point he has believed it was for security reasons and that he willingly submitted to the process. If he ever finds out that he was an unwilling subject then he will go after the OC.

Option 2...sort of. I like the idea of questing for a cure. Just wishing away our brainwashing seems to take away from what I though was a major story hook. Yet, I would also like to see Nadine deprogrammed, as she is removed as an immediate threat and the story can move along.

she is removed as an immediate threat

Assumes facts not in evidence.

I like the idea of questing for a cure.

Without knowing there is a cure, I'm not sure we quest for it. It's only because it's right there staring at him that is causing Cherub to seriously consider it.

just to avoid missunderstandings - Synapse was supposed to research Bahrain - he didn't know until now that Legion is gone.

I don't want to force you to go to Bahrain - that was just Newton's plan before Legion left. The Plan now is to get Legion alive or dead and then see about Bahrain.

I have asked Joani some questions about doing that, but so far haven't gotten concrete enough answers to act on it.

In his defense, they were asked in chat, not in PM's, so we were kind of having trouble connecting. I was sort of hoping he'd have a chance to answer them before the game moved on...but then it moved on.

Quote:
"As for who we all work for, I just gave the surface summary a few minutes ago. A diverse group indeed, and I confess that it has me second guesing as well. I'm not one to believe in coincidence. Sean...we've been friends for a long time. You trusted me enough to bring me here. Do you trust me enough to tell me who you're really working for? I can already tell this isn't the DeVries assignmnet that you first mentioned so don't bother trying to sell me. I want the truth..."

and

Quote:
"Who me? You have the wrong idea. I'm retired...used to do covert-ops for Langley."

From what he said earlier, Nosferatu has deduced that he's an elite. Working for Langly...etc. He doesn't recognize his name....hence the questioning affirmation of 'Frag'.

If you want me to, I will still edit the post.

Tactical question asked her for fear of metagaming. OOCly the problem with temporaly freezing the target is that we end up with stalemate. He can't do anything, but neither can we...We can't attack him, move him elsewhere, drain life, or juice. The moment we drop the freeze he can wink out or worse do some serious damage...

I was under the impression that time stopping a moving object would cause it to immediately stop moving (relative to the timestopper that is) and become immobile for the duration of the power.

Note, I'm not saying I -know- this is how it works. This is the impression I am under for how it works.

I'm not sure if you can drop a warp portal on somebody (the attack use of the power), or not. Since it would be against an umoving target, it could be the long range version of the power. If we can, we can move him to a place we totally control ... and beat the crap out of him before he warps away.

Time stop says the target cannot be affected by any outside force phenomenon or attack. Considering that movement would count as a force acting upon the target I think it's out. Freezing someone in time means they are rooted to the spot. Of course this opens up a weird paradox since the spot the person is rooted to is actually a moving point on the planet...in which case stopping time would mean stopping that area of space as well since time and space are actually not seperate things.

:Sigh: This is what happens when you apply physics to comic books...

Archived