Aberrant: No Fate - Table Talk: No Fate

Joani

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Chapter 2 is closed - and Chapter 3 is up. I know this comes kind of hard/unpredictable, but I ask you to bear with me and trust me wink

All PCs are at the briefing room (including Synner) except SalmonMax's new Character. You all have the strange sensation of having gone through this before but can't point a finger at it. I know this is very challenging but I ask of you to access knowledge from Chapter 2 only once the opportunity arises to have a feeling od Deja Vu. This puts some responsibility in your hands but I trust you to reveal things that make sense without jumping the gun right away. If you are in doubt then ask me to make a roll for you , if you remember specific details right there - alternatively you can spent 1 WP and have autosuccess.

You are all at full QP and feel rested, yet strangely displaced. As if your timing isn't right (like watching a badly dubbed movie, for example).

If you have questions shoot - else enjoy the new chapter. Salmon - I provide you with an entry point ASAP.

Chapter 2 is closed - and Chapter 3 is up. I know this comes kind of hard/unpredictable, but I ask you to bear with me and trust me wink

All PCs are at the briefing room (including Synner) except SalmonMax's new Character. You all have the strange sensation of having gone through this before but can't point a finger at it. I know this is very challenging but I ask of you to access knowledge from Chapter 2 only once the opportunity arises to have a feeling od Deja Vu. This puts some responsibility in your hands but I trust you to reveal things that make sense without jumping the gun right away. If you are in doubt then ask me to make a roll for you , if you remember specific details right there - alternatively you can spent 1 WP and have autosuccess.

You are all at full QP and feel rested, yet strangely displaced. As if your timing isn't right (like watching a badly dubbed movie, for example).

If you have questions shoot - else enjoy the new chapter. Salmon - I provide you with an entry point ASAP.

I haven't read the IC yet (having been instructed to read here first). I am game to play along but wonder if the Fool's precognitive abilities or foresight mught itch him in a particular way. Like in those Star Trek or especially X-Men episodes where time gets messed with but only 1 person can tell something is amiss. As I said I am down for whatever, but I'll take the roll you mentioned and you can feed me whatever info you feel would serve the plot.

I haven't read the IC yet (having been instructed to read here first). I am game to play along but wonder if the Fool's precognitive abilities or foresight mught itch him in a particular way. Like in those Star Trek or especially X-Men episodes where time gets messed with but only 1 person can tell something is amiss. As I said I am down for whatever, but I'll take the roll you mentioned and you can feed me whatever info you feel would serve the plot.

Originally Posted By: Mr Fox
The report. Where was that published and how likely are we to see it?

It's published on an OpNet site which only "insiders" have knowledge of. This doesn't mean you can't find it, it's just something that is not made totally public since it's the nature of such conspiracy theorists to try to keep as much a low profile as possible out of obvious reasons. Right now you have no knowledge about it but you will certainly stumble over it very soon. I wanted to add it for reasons of flavour and to semi-introduce Lily's/SalmonMax's new character. She wrote the report, btw.

Originally Posted By: Nosferatu
I am assuming we don't have our Omega Tech items. Is that correct?

You have the equipment you had before the time-jump on you, which should make you wonder where you got it from. Lost gadgets/tech can be reaquired since you are at the base right now.

Originally Posted By: The_Fool

That is one of the major reasons I had such problems during your character creation and I've learned from it. So far I'm handling this my way to keep the stories integrity. As for your reference to Star Trek or X-Men episodes. You are partly correct, but you're not the only one that notices things are amiss. Maybe you're just a little more aware to that and I will give you more leeway/freedom to interpret things more easily. Nonetheless it would blow the whole strangeness of the scene if any of you just jumped on the table and said "Hey, we've done this before, there is something wrong here. Lets go to New York and prevent this before it happens."

I'd like you guys to reveal that step by step and who can tell that everything happens just the same? Speaking of which - Gray is not present as much as Void is missing. Synner is present instead just as if he was part of the team (replacing Void completely).

Try to handle it this way. Your memories are messed up and you constantly feel that you've done this before - like out of a dream or a name you try remember almost visually but can't say it. I recommend reading through the first posts of the 2nd Chapter to get a feeling of the situation how it had been and try to act like it but slightly differently. Maybe making the same jokes and someone may laugh about it just before the joke has actually been made. It's kinda screwed up and I will fill you in with more revealing details as the story goes on. Like I said, trust me on this one. After this Chapter my Deus-ex-machina behaviour will stop, promise.

Originally Posted By: Mr Fox
The report. Where was that published and how likely are we to see it?

It's published on an OpNet site which only "insiders" have knowledge of. This doesn't mean you can't find it, it's just something that is not made totally public since it's the nature of such conspiracy theorists to try to keep as much a low profile as possible out of obvious reasons. Right now you have no knowledge about it but you will certainly stumble over it very soon. I wanted to add it for reasons of flavour and to semi-introduce Lily's/SalmonMax's new character. She wrote the report, btw.

Originally Posted By: Nosferatu
I am assuming we don't have our Omega Tech items. Is that correct?

You have the equipment you had before the time-jump on you, which should make you wonder where you got it from. Lost gadgets/tech can be reaquired since you are at the base right now.

That is one of the major reasons I had such problems during your character creation and I've learned from it. So far I'm handling this my way to keep the stories integrity. As for your reference to Star Trek or X-Men episodes. You are partly correct, but you're not the only one that notices things are amiss. Maybe you're just a little more aware to that and I will give you more leeway/freedom to interpret things more easily. Nonetheless it would blow the whole strangeness of the scene if any of you just jumped on the table and said "Hey, we've done this before, there is something wrong here. Lets go to New York and prevent this before it happens."

I'd like you guys to reveal that step by step and who can tell that everything happens just the same? Speaking of which - Gray is not present as much as Void is missing. Synner is present instead just as if he was part of the team (replacing Void completely).

Try to handle it this way. Your memories are messed up and you constantly feel that you've done this before - like out of a dream or a name you try remember almost visually but can't say it. I recommend reading through the first posts of the 2nd Chapter to get a feeling of the situation how it had been and try to act like it but slightly differently. Maybe making the same jokes and someone may laugh about it just before the joke has actually been made. It's kinda screwed up and I will fill you in with more revealing details as the story goes on. Like I said, trust me on this one. After this Chapter my Deus-ex-machina behaviour will stop, promise.

Nah, its not like that. I really dig the creativity and drama you are creating and wished more STs would take a lesson. This is like one of those "Advanced Storytelling Techniques" primer in various WW books on Steroi...er Mite!

You know, those ones that talk about all the cool things you can do with a really collaborative mature troupe, roleplaying flashbacks in the middle of the story and such. Two thumbs up! nana

Nah, its not like that. I really dig the creativity and drama you are creating and wished more STs would take a lesson. This is like one of those "Advanced Storytelling Techniques" primer in various WW books on Steroi...er Mite!

You know, those ones that talk about all the cool things you can do with a really collaborative mature troupe, roleplaying flashbacks in the middle of the story and such. Two thumbs up! nana

Er....you mean our posts from Chapter 1 I think? Also, would any of the Fool's tarot cards come up differently in the reading he is doing just prior to the warp opening in his underground catacomb? Actually thats a third question: I was unclear on the Capter 3 intro if we just appear back in the meeting room or if their was the alarm clock, being summoned stage as well. i.e. does Cherub wake up next to the two (possibly even slightly different) girls next to him?

Er....you mean our posts from Chapter 1 I think? Also, would any of the Fool's tarot cards come up differently in the reading he is doing just prior to the warp opening in his underground catacomb? Actually thats a third question: I was unclear on the Capter 3 intro if we just appear back in the meeting room or if their was the alarm clock, being summoned stage as well. i.e. does Cherub wake up next to the two (possibly even slightly different) girls next to him?

Yes - chapter 1, my bad. Tarot will be just the same and for the intro. The first part suggests you're at your homes but you "wake up" at the table - as if you had necrolepsia and dreamed there was an alarm. It should give you all the strange sensation of not knowing how you got to the briefing and the vague memory of waking up at home and going through the warp to meet with the others. Something is amiss wink

Yes - chapter 1, my bad. Tarot will be just the same and for the intro. The first part suggests you're at your homes but you "wake up" at the table - as if you had necrolepsia and dreamed there was an alarm. It should give you all the strange sensation of not knowing how you got to the briefing and the vague memory of waking up at home and going through the warp to meet with the others. Something is amiss wink

Since Joani spilled who wrote the article:

My take on it is that there is on the OpNet a site called "The Truth Is In Here." It is a quirky, often rambling conspiracy themed site that reads kind of like a blog and generally appeals mostly to the far out wacko set. The author of the site posts under the moniker "Cake."

Is the Cake a lie? Time will tell. Unless there is no time!

I don't really see it being "secret," so much as being "largely ignored." smile But I think that's more or less what Joani meant. The site is protected by the anonymity of being a speck of data in the vast sea of the OpNet, as well as by the relatively hard to swallow nature of the accusations made on it...even for conspiracy nuts.

I mean, really. Time manipulation? Hah!

Since Joani spilled who wrote the article:

My take on it is that there is on the OpNet a site called "The Truth Is In Here." It is a quirky, often rambling conspiracy themed site that reads kind of like a blog and generally appeals mostly to the far out wacko set. The author of the site posts under the moniker "Cake."

Is the Cake a lie? Time will tell. Unless there is no time!

I don't really see it being "secret," so much as being "largely ignored." smile But I think that's more or less what Joani meant. The site is protected by the anonymity of being a speck of data in the vast sea of the OpNet, as well as by the relatively hard to swallow nature of the accusations made on it...even for conspiracy nuts.

I mean, really. Time manipulation? Hah!

Archived