Aberrant: No Fate - Table Talk: No Fate

Joani

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

Glad to hear it! Thanks for the kind words, The_Fool and Courier, and for the welcome, the rest of you. Reading through the story so far to familiarize myself with the plot, I've been impressed with the characters you lot have created, and the Storytelling, for that matter.

I'll be creating an original character and sending him or her to Joani tonight or tomorrow. (Not the original Glacier, good lord).

I think everyone has been distracted by all the suddenly shiny new forum bling being tossed about. I have been putting my energy into making and launching new characters, something that takes more tme than just checking in and posting. I have a few more to make and then I am going to put a cap on it and it will be much smooother going. Having said that I think I have milked the dormancy for a good bit and can now undorm Jack so I will post to that effect after breakfast. smile

Mew.

update: grocery shopping took too long and need to leave for work. I dont want to half ass the undorming post so hopefully I will have a break at work to indulge. If the group would rather just go straight to Newton let me know and I shall desist.

Nice posts, everyone, especially Sky--where did you get that picture?

Quote:
...it is obvious to everyone around him that the Fool has grown exponentially in power.

And by "exponentially," he means "by a factor of 4/3." :-P

Originally Posted By: The_Fool
Hopefully this isn't too nitpicky but would you mind, Joani, including in your last post some kind of reaction from Nadine to Jack's extreme transformation?

I'll work on something to reflect that. Will edit accordingly.

Currently in the scene there are:

Bastion - rough description - tall, blonde, blue eyes, Unearthly Beauty and Bulging Muscles, skin tight blue black Eufiber - very obvious Superman like powers. About 18 years old.

Legion - slim, tall and brooding. Dark hair, sunglasses that hide his aberrated eyes, Matrix style clothing. About midtwenties - he was the one that opened the Portal to save Caroline.

Plasma - currently bodymorphed (you haven't seen her differently yet) features are hard to tell but she radiates raw power - very close to the level when you first met Newton.

Dryad - athletic build, looks more like a plant than a human. She resembles very much the mythical creatures after she is named. That's the girl Nosferatu is supposed to catch for Count O. Dryad always remains close to Bastion.

Your "Spidey" sense tickles indicating that there is a fifth Nova close to the gang - maybe invisible.

Need more detail?

As a point of fair disclosure, Gray Goo is falling victim to that odd thing that sometimes happens to me, where the first idea I have in a game falls flat. So far when that's happened, the replacement has been a lot better for me and the game, so hopefully that will continue to be a trend too.

Clearly a new character now won't be with Omega...Joani and I are working on a backstory to integrate my new idea. Linking up with Newton is one possibility. I was thinking it might also be possible to have a tie of some kind with a PC...though this is a tricky bunch to do that with.

Anyone out there have any thoughts on the matter to share?

Fool, it's a combination of factors. The firstmost is that Gray's background and concept are extremely vague to me. I had a backstory, but it just isn't working. It's a terrible one for this character, and its inappropriateness is making it very hard for me to "connect" with the character.

Secondly, the abilities she has seem really poorly suited to the needs of the plot and game, and are pretty badly designed from a strictly mechanical viewpoint. As a result, she can't contribute much that's of value to the team.

Lastly, her abilities are, in some ways, closely mirrored by Juno. I don't really plan to play them as similar concepts, but the purely mechanical closeness does sort of mean the tricks I do with one may "infringe" on the other's coolness. And between the two, Juno is working out 100 times better for me, just on concept and background.

---

Joani and I are discussing options for bringing a replacement in. One idea is someone associated with Newton's gang. I think that'd work, and it would be pretty easy to do, but my concern is that it might be hard to integrate with the other PCs given the conflicting agendas and mutual distrust.

As far as powers go, I was looking at a hyperspeeder or a weather controller or...well, lots of options. Suggestions are always welcome. I've kind of lost track of who does what already, so I don't want to step on toes...

Joani suggested that too.

But it feels kind of...artificial, doesn't it? Sort of like me making a guy who's really good with telepathy in Phoenix Rising would have been. smile

Besides Temporal Manipulation as a power suite doesn't really enthrall me...I'd mostly want it as an adjunct to things like Warp and similar...but the group already has plenty of access to those powers.

weather control is a highly underrated power...with 5 dots you can obscure moevemt, kill every baseline in your area effect (extreme cold/heat) render weapons useless, create insane storms that inhibit movment, fly and blast people with lightnening....not to mention help the corn grow nice! smile

I sort of have dibs on the speedster thing but that doesnt mean we cant work together.

PS. This is The Fool who didnt realize which account he was signed into.

He is all about speed. I plan on buying hypermove to represent his short range LOS teleports but as a maintenance effect without having to pay for his teleports each time (as well as saving juice for additional combat teleports).

Again, speed and dexterity are his purviews. Not saying you cant have it but we should converse (via PM?) so we dont step on each others spotlight time...

Archived