Aberrant: No Fate - Table Talk: No Fate

Joani

I kow the scene has been advanced a bit but I am still waiting for Lily to post a response to Jack since Sam and Jack were still talking prior. Once she responds and we wrap upour little vignette I can "catch up" to the current moment. Sometimes online play can sort of flow on without you! crywink

• Replies 855
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally Posted By: The_Fool
I kow the scene has been advanced a bit but I am still waiting for Lily to post a response to Jack since Sam and Jack were still talking prior. Once she responds and we wrap upour little vignette I can "catch up" to the current moment. Sometimes online play can sort of flow on without you! crywink

I'm sorry about that, Jack. I hope it's ok with you nonetheless.

The Fool has enough Attunement to Teleport him and another pretty much anywhere in the world. However he obviously can't do that while dormed. To be honest I am enjoying the human side of him coming out and don't want to prematurely nip that dramatic hook in the bud. Basically I want to wait as long as possible or until a suitably dramatic moment comes to undorm him again.

And as an asnser to Samantha's wondering it isn't a real multiple personality disorder. he still has all his memories of being the Fool and when he undorms he will remember being Jack. His perceptions are so skewed however that it really does make a difference. I suppose given the way the Fool "talks" it could be seen in that light but I am still exploring that and what it means.

Oh yeah and we *did* have a wraper: Vid, who has been awol since before we entered the Northern Sea. She never left OC HQ with us...

OK, as I understand it… we have:

Sean/Wraith (teleport and attune 5)

Cherub

Grey Goo

Jack/The Fool

Mysterious Woman

Nosferatu

Callum (who already teleported out)

Shiva (who also teleported out)

For Sean to attune someone and teleport take 4 juice (I'm assuming you have an extra on T-port). Going back takes 3.

Total: 4 MW- 4

Total: 7 back- 3

Total: 11 Jack- 4

Total: 14 back- 3

Total: 18 Nos- 4

Total: 21 back- 3

Total: 25 GG- 4

Leaving one person on site.

However if Sean has Teleport, or Teleport + RQC, then he can take everyone with 9 long range T-ports and 18 rounds (or roughly one minute). This assumes he has a full pool.

Another menu option is for two people to go hide. This reduces the number of teleports needed by 4.

I'm assuming he has a full pool of quantum as well.

He does not have an extra on T-port. However, if we have lost the warper, I could switch teleport to warp instead I have an extra 2 np that is unaccounted for thanks to our 10xp drop from the prelude.

Otherwise, if I stick with Teleport, can one person shrink themselves, if so I could attune them and someone else and take them in one trip saving several quantum points.

Joani, what do you think?

Originally Posted By: Lily
Where are we teleporting to?

If it's not too far, Gray could Shapeshift some Flight and follow that way.
France. It's 4000 miles away... that's about 6600 km and a 7 hour flight for Hypermove 2.

Originally Posted By: Mr Fox
Otherwise, if I stick with Teleport, can one person shrink themselves, if so I could attune them and someone else and take them in one trip saving several quantum points.
The only people who have anything close to shrinking are Grey Goo (who already said she can't reduce her mass) and *maybe* Cherub.

If his current form has DD, then you might be able to take him and one of the women.

Originally Posted By: Mr Fox
I'm assuming he has a full pool of quantum as well.

He does not have an extra on T-port. However, if we have lost the warper, I could switch teleport to warp instead I have an extra 2 np that is unaccounted for thanks to our 10xp drop from the prelude.

Joani, what do you think?

You're idea is ok, but I just got an interesting PM with someone who would take over the Warper part. I need to get that sorted out. So I guess you gotta stick with what you have, which is maybe a bit more difficult but not impossible. I'd like to keep the scene a bit more under suspense.

Joani - short answer - yes

Long Answer - I'm assuming that there is some amount of time jump between my posts that will make it impossible to get ahold of the other by radio even once I return to NY. As such Malcolm is going to go on the opnet, I figure that the team must have some protocols in place for secur communication methods.

In the meantime his Dad probably has some sources and info that wouldn't be common knowledge plus he can read the news feeds for more info as well.

Originally Posted By: Joani Reikspar
You're idea is ok... So I guess you gotta stick with what you have, which is maybe a bit more difficult but not impossible. I'd like to keep the scene a bit more under suspense.
In that case, I think Cherub is the only one who can reduce his weight... and the only people he could be paired with would be either Grey Goo or the mystery woman. Presumably we want to get the unconscious woman out of here first so I suggest that we do that.

That drops the number of needed teleports to 7, or 14 rounds.

Originally Posted By: Courier
You're idea is ok... So I guess you gotta stick with what you have, which is maybe a bit more difficult but not impossible. I'd like to keep the scene a bit more under suspense.
In that case, I think Cherub is the only one who can reduce his weight... and the only people he could be paired with would be either Grey Goo or the mystery woman. Presumably we want to get the unconscious woman out of here first so I suggest that we do that.

That drops the number of needed teleports to 7, or 14 rounds.

Thanks for the info - I'll keep that in mind.

I had a tough day today. I'm about to move into a larger apartment and we did half of the paint job yesterday and tomorrow we'll finish the rest (4 1/2 rooms about 102 squaremeters in total). I will make a large update between today and tomorrow. Feel free to debate your situation assuming that Nosferatu finds an entrance to the sub.

@ Joani.. While talking with Hyoseph, he said that having Backing 5 allowed him to take three free power-gadgets. If that is true then the Fool would have had a seperate teleporter...to save his combat port for actual combat rather than drain juice. I know I paid for my custom gadget seperately but is that still true about Backing providing gadgets?

And on a related note...If we end up *not* being backed by the OC anymore, would we be allowed to redistribute those Backing points?

Nothing is set in stone yet. I can't tell at this moment where the story will head, since very much is dependant on your own decisions (I've got a plan, but I always take player driven plots into focus - so if you all decide to go rogue, so be it)

Can Gray Dorm?

Or maybe a better question is how much she weighs?

Assume Grey weighs 150 pounds. That would make her and Tom 75 together. That would mean that if the mystery woman weighs less than 145 all three of us could go.

150 is a fair guess. I hadn't really thought in that detail about her... She can -look- as heavy or light as she wants, generally. smile

If we need a few pounds shaved, we can always blast off a chunk of Gray and have her regrow it after we get to France. smile

Uh...did Cherub (or Goo, or Nos or whomever it might matter to) miss that Jack just asked them if he should undorm? If Jack undorms we have another teleporter with 5 attune.

Also Joani did you get my question about Backing = 3 "free" devices?

Yes and yes to answer that question... buuuut the device is acting up, since it uses the OC-Network to localize its position and the position you want to teleport to. It may need some engineering to fix that.

Another question regarding the update for Callum: Is the detailed description of Jack a descrip of him as the Fool or dormed? I know Im not there in that scene but OOC Im curious. Also given my characters cipher (which is even more potent though Proteus IIRC) would I then be described as a "previousnly unknown" Nova?

EDIT: Okay forgive me because I post questions as Im in the middle of reading but I guess Callum and I are the 2 "unknown novas" who are suspected of leading. Still would be good to know if they mean the masked Fool or the human Jack...?

Yes and yes to answer that question... buuuut the device is acting up, since it uses the OC-Network to localize its position and the position you want to teleport to. It may need some engineering to fix that.

I'll make a quick addenda to my sheet then for hen we get them fixed. Danke.

Another question regarding the update for Callum: Is the detailed description of Jack a descrip of him as the Fool or dormed? I know Im not there in that scene but OOC Im curious. Also given my characters cipher (which is even more potent though Proteus IIRC) would I then be described as a "previousnly unknown" Nova?

It's just a physical description of you as the Fool, absolutely no other details about age, origin or powers - you are assumed to be a Nova, since everyone else of the suspects are. The description is precise in regards of facts - they got your exact height and such minor facts. But no "real" revealing details.

The same with Callum btw.

Archived