Trinity RPG - Does anyone play?

Does anyone here currently play Trinity? If so, what is your game like and are you enjoying it?

Are you a Player or a Storyteller?

How different is your game from cannon?

What style of Science Fiction does your game pattern itself after?

I'm just curious because I've been working on some ideas for an alternate setting in the Trinity Universe.

• 3 weeks later...

We've done a few sessions, I even ran one as an ST, but it didn't catch with the group. We seem to polarize to the positions of "its the greatest game ever" and "this sucks".

We had some good sessions. Bug hunting abbies in the wastelands was awesome fun, but we can't find any one particular location or overarching theme that satisfies everyone. That's a troupe problem by the way not a game problem. If anything, the TR world is so rife with potential that its difficult to find just the right mix of setting, theme and mission.

I have been the ST on numerous occasions for Trinity games over the years. Most of my games are fairly compatable with the canon world. I like to do a wide variety of topics and themes, so I don't really pattern my games on any single style of SF. The closest thing I could compare it to would probably be X-Files.

I'd like to hear about the alt setting that you are working on.

I agree with Jack on the polarized positions. I am a huge fan of the game, and about a third of the people that I have played it with were all really into it. But the majority of people that I've played it with, which unfortunately includes the current group that I am playing with, have not liked the game at all.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd love to /play/ Trinity, but I settle for running it on OpenRpg. I started my group with the Darkness Revealed series, because I like the way it ties the characters into the metaplot, but personal favorite Sci Fi style: Dirty, Gritty, Bleak. William Gibson and Phillip K Dick are my favorites of course, so I read Neuromancer, Mona Lisa Overdrive, Idoru, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep, and A Scanner Darkly before I got started. My players are mostly rich privileged psions without a whole lot of knoweldge about how grim the rest of the world is, but they are learning. That first time the 3 of them tried to take on 5 shotgun and carbine toting bounty hunters with tasers was a serious learning experience about the dividing line between space opera and cyberpunk.