Nova OOC

I am looking for other nova's in the New York area. If anyone willing to speak with me would PM the account I've created here I would like to correspond or possibly meet somewhere in the city. Please be patient, my internet access is sporadic at best. Thank you.

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Anonymous

Sean again. Look, I CAN'T sign up for the site; I need verification or something. I'm in Indiana. I'm almost out of money, I'm hungry and I don't know how to tell you guys exactly where I am without telling THEM where I am, too.

I still don't know why they want me.

This doesn't make sense! I

Crpa they're here.

You went to Indiana? Cripes, man. DC was maybe a four hour drive from Manhattan, and you went and fucked it up by running away to the heartland? I swear. Just had your cherry popped, and already with the shitty decisions. Run, walk, hitchhike, steal some fucker's car, fly, whatever it is you do. Get to the Blackburn Hotel. Someone there will help you out. Just declare asylum or something, tell 'em Johnny Law Baseline's on your tail. Short work, man.

Guest Reader from CA

Not to be a downer or anything, dudes, but this guy did post the two days before April Fool's... bet ya he comes on today, all, Jokes on you, dudes and dudettes.

I thought about pranking a nova once. Then I got busy w/ somethin. Say how many of ya can't get affected by the sweet Mary Jane anymore? Or anything else?

Or Mary Jane for that matter. I can't say I've heard that one in a long time.

Maybe it's just where I'm from.

Sean, I'm opening my account to accept PMs from non members for a few days. Send me some information if you like and I'll try to help any way I can.

I'm not aligned with anyone. If you need someone to watch your back while you sleep need some cash to get you by, shoot me a PM and I'll PM you my OpCell, we'll talk.

Guest CF-MisterTripod

Hey, thanks for all the help, guys and gals, but it all turned out okay, or sort of okay anyways. You'll be hearing from me and my buddy really soon as we got a big debut in mind. Once I learn how to control the gift that I have been given I will get right to work on that changing-the-world thing and also on getting laid.

So whatever happened with that guy that was claiming he was a nova and Utopia was after him? Did anyone ever teleport out to him or anything? Was he for real, or do we need to form a lynchmob to go after the person trying to April fool us?

Oh... he's okay. Trust me. After smashing through the ceiling of my hospital room and almost getting me killed by some frothing knuckle dragging Utopian my Dad decided to take him in. He's living in protective custody with us until the authorities straighten out the whole mess.

Originally Posted By: Anonymous
...I thought about pranking a nova once. Then I got busy w/ somethin. Say how many of ya can't get affected by the sweet Mary Jane anymore? Or anything else?

Marijuana? Not suprised this is coming up since April 20th is coming around the corner. But to be honest, I don't smoke it. Never will. Not that I think it is a bad thing. I'd rather see people toking up than smoking tobacco.

Just the only vice I had before erupting was Caffeine, and now... that doesn't even work.

By the way, does anyone know of some sort of energy drink that DOES work on Novas?

Originally Posted By: Sakurako Hideyoshi

By the way, does anyone know of some sort of energy drink that DOES work on Novas?

If by "energy drink" you mean "cocktail made up of various hard liquors and opiates", than yeah, I could name a couple.

Coffee still does alright by me. Guess I got a weak constitution.

Guest Way_Outside_The_Bun

I have really odd dreams sometimes, like last night I was a soft taco hiding from a Taco Bell employee. Okay, I admit, I get stoned from time to time and I'm pretty sure that has something to do with it, but it's harmles enough.

Anyway, with all that juice pumpin through you it's gotta affect you sometimes, I was curious what kind of far out dreams have you guys had?

I've been having the same dream a lot lately, and that's something that's never happened to me before.

I'm standing on Mars, and I'm crying about something horrible, and I think it's something I've done, so I feel really guilty. It's weird because in the thin atmosphere my tears boil away before they can run halfway down my cheeks. Instead of near-silence or just the howling of the thin wind there (and it does blow quite a lot, I can tell you) there's this really sad and haunting violin music playing in a minor key. It's not a song that I can recognize, but I could hum it for you anytime, because it's kind of etched in my memories now, because of the way I keep hearing it in this dream.

In the dream I'm not alone. There's a woman made of metal with me too, and she looks like a fancy department store's chrome mannequin, only alive, and she's unbelievably beautiful in a really eerie kind of tranquil way. As I'm crying there in the red dirt of Mars, she holds me and tells me everything is okay, and it's really strange to hear a normal-sounding voice come from a metal body like that. It's kind of reassuring, but no matter what she says--and she says really nice things--in the dream her arms feel as cold and metallic on my skin as I feel inside my heart.

I'm afraid I'm going to do something awful.

Originally Posted By: VileBill
Originally Posted By: Sakurako Hideyoshi

Oh, there is still some shit out there that can crank you up. You interested, little girl?

After what Odysseus mentioned... I think the effect and the after effect would be far worse than any benefit I required.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

How do you know if a nova is going crazy? I heard that they could, and I was just wondering if there were any signs before they become dangerous with it.

How do you know if a nova is going crazy? I heard that they could, and I was just wondering if there were any signs before they become dangerous with it.

Stress seems to be one of the key factors in a nova becoming mentally unstable. Physical, Mental, or Emotional stress tied to either excessive and rapid use of quantum energies, or rapid advancement in overall power levels. As their power expands, so does their perceptions of that power means and it changes them. The brain is altered in a variety of ways. I wish I could be more helpful, but there is still so much we don't know about what the quantum energies we use have on our mental state.

Guest Anonymous

Thanks for what you've gotten me so far. Ok, what about mood swings, changes in habits and behavior? What about every-day stress? Does it make them lose it? Are those signs of a mental problem that could get worse?

Thanks for what you've gotten me so far. Ok, what about mood swings, changes in habits and behavior? What about every-day stress? Does it make them lose it? Are those signs of a mental problem that could get worse?

At this point I must ask you to seek professional advice on the matter. Unless you want to sit down for a face to face meeting and have me talk to this nova and check them out (with their permission), I would be irresponsible to help you further. I apologize.

What you're describing is depression or stress related illness. Just because someone is a nova and suddenly displays an odd or change of habits doesn't mean it's an aberrant quantum expression, we're human (in a manner of speaking) too. We have feelings that can be hurt, we feel stress and can be overburdened by everyday life and the problems that come with it.

Your friend could be suicidal, depressed, exhausted, or emotion/mentally fatigued.

You should speak to your friend about your concerns instead sharing his/her personal troubles with the OpNet, because yes, they could get worse.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest NYC_Curious

Okay, so like.. I know that when I see a nova I totally freak out.. usually in the good way. I mean, its not everyday that I see a nova!

What about you? When you see.. like.. André Corbin walking down the street, are you nervous to speak to him? Do you even want to speak to him?

We Geminis don't freak out at novas generally, although we do have to admit that certain novas cause our hearts to flutter! We do get excited and nervous to meet certain novas, but it's not because they're novas, it's because they're celebrities that we admire.

Archived