Nova OOC

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally Posted By: Sakurako Hideyoshi
Wow, you're flocking to his defense.

Yes, because you called a single man in a difficult period of his life ugly. Do you understand that he can still read this board, that he can see you looked up his information, mocked him and then posted an icon of someone about to vomit in regards to his appearance?

But what can one expect from careless youth...

Did it also occur to you guys you are easily stirred up?

PSYCHE!

Verify your news, kids. I did jack shite. Still, you have to be pretty desperate to go to a nova web site to get some from total strangers who are more opinionated than a UN assembly.

Originally Posted By: Sakurako Hideyoshi
Verify your news, kids. I did jack shite. Still, you have to be pretty desperate to go to a nova web site to get some from total strangers who are more opinionated than a UN assembly.

How reassuring that you merely lied to us while mocking a stranger, instead of just spying on and mocking a stranger.

And really, do you think we're going to go crawling after you to verify that you did or did not do something? I can't bring myyself to care that much, and I take people at their word out here, until they prove that I can't... rather like you just did.

Sakurako,

Is snoooping through a person's records any different than hacking into their computer for that same information? Is it different than hacking into a mind? I would say no. It is all a violation of someone's privacy, and unless you have their permission or a court order, it is illegal.

That you broadcast the information you garnered, is even more troubling, and tells most of us that you are ignorant of the seriousness of what you did. Or you simply lack empathy.

The former is easily remedied, the latter will require therapy.

I thought I'd just scare the guy. Not a good reason to use the tactic of outright lying and using what was empty but a threat none the less.

To be honest I wouldn't want someone nosing through my personal info either.

I mean, somebody must be damn desperate to come here just to try to get in the bed of one of the girls here. That's pretty much what he was shooting for; A prostitute. That sort of crap gets me pissed off. When I'm angry I say some pretty stupid stuff. I can't take it back but I'm sorry for the lack decorum.

And Doctor, I'm 16. If you're wondering. And yes, no excuse.

Originally Posted By: Revenant
...we certainly do not need to crucify a fellow nova in a section viewable by everyone.

Why not? Motherfucker acts the fool why bother getting all hush hush about it? My momma didn't close the curtains before wailing the tar out of me when I was a kid. She figured if I was gonna be a little shit I didn't deserve the privacy.

Guest HungryHungryHobo

Dancing girl, dancing girl with lies all around...

How many secrets can you keep,

Before your world comes crashing down?

Guest Rock_A_Fella

How do you guys deal with pressure? I mean seriously you have it all. Money, power, respect, it seems like you're set for life.

Quote:
How do you guys deal with pressure? I mean seriously you have it all. Money, power, respect, it seems like you're set for life.

Well, some of us don't have it all; we choose to not cash in on our status, or, in my case, my parents have choosen for me.

Most of the pressure comes from being in the spotlight. I have strangers approaching me all the time to ask me "what I do." The answer is: not much besides fly. But being a nova is apparently license to ask me all sorts of personal questions that they'd never dream of asking a baseline.

Originally Posted By: Anonymous

Hardly. Everytime we, as people, gain something, we lose something as well. (Un)life has a way of balancing itself out.

I have no pressure. Worry is like a rocking chair; it gives you something to do, but it desn't get you anywhere. The best you can with what you have, is all you can do.

Originally Posted By: Anonymous

I don't think I really do react under pressure, I'm either easily frustrated or (case in point, my above stupidity) fully capable of doing more damage to myself than anything else.

Money, Power, Respect? You know if that came with a node, I think I need to make a return. I think my model is missing some parts. I know I got some money, enough to be content. Power? Not interested. Respect? That's earned, not some weird Nova power...

Guest The UN Is Wrong Man

Hey, are any of you guys Teragen?

When's Divis Mal going on TV again?

That guy was sooooo Awesome.

*snicker*

Thank you, Contessa. It's a sad but true fact that many young men in the 16-25 year old age group think he's a cool guy.

Saying that novas aren't human is much like saying Africans aren't human or disabled people aren't... It's pretty sad, really. I hope we don't have more people join the Teragen.

Guest Up_In_Yo_Biznazz

Try this one on for size everyone! Answer one or answer em' all, the choice is yours!

FOR STARTERS

What makes you happy?

What really irritates you?

What makes you sad?

What makes you angry?

What makes you scared?

Who is your best friend?

Ever broken a bone?

What's the best advice you've ever received?

What was the last CD you bought?

What was the last book you read?

Who was the last person you spoke to?

What was the last thing you ate?

What was the last thing you drank?

What's the best thing you've ever bought?

What's the worst thing you've ever bought?

What's the best thing you've ever been given?

What's the worst thing you've ever been given?

What are your future goals?

Describe your bedroom?

What's your most embarrassing moment?

Who do you consider the most beautiful woman in the world?

Who do you consider the most handsome man in the world?

Favorite thing to do on a hot summers day?

Favorite thing to do on a snowy winters day?

If you were granted 3 wishes, what would they be?

If you could go back in time to see or change something, when would it be and what would you do?

What's the first thing you think about when you wake up?

Have you ever been in love?

Do you believe in the after-life?

Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?

If you could choose your own death, how would you go?

Would you ever consider having plastic surgery?

What's the funniest joke you've ever been told?

Do you have any regrets in life?

What advice would you give to a kid?

Any hidden talents?

Last job?

Current job?

Dream job?

Who is your hero?

Describe yourself in 3 words:

FAVORITES

Favorite color?

Favorite number?

Favorite animal?

Favorite sport (to play)?

Favorite sport (to watch)?

Favorite soap?

Favorite program/s?

Favorite radio station?

Favorite movies?

Favorite band?

Favorite song?

Favorite room in the house?

Favorite celebrities?

Favorite board game?

Favorite video game/s?

Favorite PC game?

Favorite food?

Favorite fast-food?

Favorite drink?

Favorite magazine?

Favorite place?

Favorite cartoon character?

Favorite day of the week?

Favorite day of the year?

Favorite season?

Favorite car?

Favorite shop?

Favorite holiday?

Favorite girls name?

Favorite boys name?

Favorite country?

Favorite smell?

Favorite sound?

Favorite accent?

PREFERENCES

Coke or Pepsi?

Pen or Pencil?

Day or Night?

Cat or Dog?

Summer or Winter?

T.V. or Radio?

Brains or Beauty?

Cup or Mug?

Tea or Coffee?

Gold or Silver?

Brush or Comb?

City or Country?

Red or White wine?

Early or Late nighter?

Early or Late riser?

Blonde or Brunette?

Scary or Romantic movies?

Board or Computer games?

Half full or Half empty?

Long nails or Short?

Top or bottom?

Happy and poor or Sad and rich?

Swimsuit or Bikini?

Glasses or Contacts?

Salt and Vinegar or Cheese and Onion?

Flowers or Chocolates?

Love or Money?

Hugs or Kisses?

Quiet/squeaky or loud/screamy?

RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW

What are you wearing?

What's the latest news?

What's the weather like?

How do you feel?

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU...

Cried?

Laughed?

Swore?

Lied?

Got drunk?

Had sex?

Read a newspaper?

Read your horoscope?

Had a bath/shower?

Had a cold?

Smiled at someone?

Gave someone a cuddle?

Said, 'I love you'?

THE OPPOSITE SEX

What is a turn on?

What is a turn off?

What physical feature are you attracted to the most?

Best chat up line?

What's the most irritating thing about them?

Could you live without them?

Describe your ideal partner?

Originally Posted By: **DONOTDELETE**
Try this one on for size everyone! Answer one or answer em' all, the choice is yours!

What really irritates you?

I choose to answer this one. People who decide it is a good idea to post absurdly long lists of questions like as if this were a MySpace bulletin board.

Try to limit yourself to questions that actually matter to you.

Guest CF-MisterTripod

Hey, I'm a nova in training right now, and I'm trying to make myself erupt with cool powers like mega-death-lasers or mega-strength or mega-chicks-want-me and I'm trying to avoid dumb powers like mega-eyes-on-my-fingers or mega-prehensile-hair.

But nothing seems to be working! I've tried smoking ten cigarettes at once, leaping off a bridge, bicycling without a helmet and stiffing a cabbie. I've tried staying up really late and going without sex for a few days hours too.

How'd you all make yourselves erupt? I'm getting ready to resort to chemical help. I got an Email saying that I could buy cheep oversees farmacuticals that would increase my eruptive potency by up to 25%. That sounds like my thing!

CF -

If this is a real request, and by the name you used I can't really be sure, then pharmaceutical assistance isn't going to make you any more likely to erupt.

Recently, scientists at G.I.T. and the Triton Foundation have discovered that novas begin as something known as a latent. Which means, in the simplest terms, the people who can erupt share a particular intron-sequence in their DNA with those who have already erupted.

You can read an excerpt from it at the Georgia Institute of Technology's OpNet site for free. Full access to the article requires paying a library fee, but if you're serious about forcing your own eruption, I highly advise you to invest in it.

With this in mind, I must discourage you from using any life-threatening or injury-threatening means to force an eruption. If you don't possess the intron-sequencing you're very likely to wind up severely hurt or worse.

For the time being, stick to non-lethal methods. Sleep-deprivation, extreme physical training, meditation, etc.

Keep an ear open for news from the NQA Initiative. We're constantly posting anything we hear about where and how latency testing may occur, as well as any recent news discovered on how novas erupt.

Good luck.

Guest Anonymous

I need help. My name is Sean, and I escaped from the DC Rashoud facility. The doctor was going to do something to me. He threatened me. I don’t know what is going on!

I’m on the run; don’t know where I am. I can get back on later, when it's safe and I know where I am. Someone, please... I could use a friendly nova face right about now.

Is this real?

"Anonymous", this kind of joke isn't funny, and you shouldn't be posting this kind of thing on a public board just for fun. There aren't just novas here you know, there are novas who are also involved with law enforcement as well, and distracting them from their work with immature pranks like this is deplorable!

Having said all that, I'll go out on a limb and volunteer to help this person out (assuming they ever come back and this actually turns out to be legit). If this is for real then I can have you picked up as soon as you're ready (and I do mean "as soon as" - my parter is a Warper). But let me warn you now "Anonymous", if this turns out to be some kind of a joke, I will not be amused! ::shakes her finger sternly::

(sorry if I sound overly harsh, but that post really is inappropriate - if it's a joke)

Originally Posted By: **DONOTDELETE**
I need help. My name is Sean, and I escaped from the DC Rashoud facility. The doctor was going to do something to me. He threatened me. I don’t know what is going on!

I’m on the run; don’t know where I am. I can get back on later, when it's safe and I know where I am. Someone, please... I could use a friendly nova face right about now.

Are you the Sean who erupted in the hospital?

Sean? Call me Tim. If your a Nova you can get access to this place beyond this thread. Send me a PM and I'll come find you. If what you're sayin' is true then your in danger and you gotta protect yourself. Don't be afraid, I'll help you out as soon as I can.

Archived