Aberrant: 2011 - Greetings and Salutations

Soap

Hello to all you forumgoers out there. I'm Joseph, also known as Soap. I'm intrigued by your thriving(?) little(?) community here; it looks to be a valuable resource, especially for newly erupted novas such as myself.

So...I suppose this being an introductory thread, I should say something about me. I'm a 43 year old 7th grade schoolteacher from Kansas. Naturally I never expected to erupt, and I don't know what I'm going to do now - go on teaching? I suppose, though the pay isn't great. And of course I may possibly be sacked. And the relationship with my students has certainly changed.

But that's life for you. Anyway, hi and how you doing?

Welcome Kansas. I take it everyone knows you're a nova. Well, I'm sure someone will hop at the chance to give you a job if the school drops you - racial discrimination - and you find yourself at loose ends.

What kind of work would you look for if you can't teach anymore?

Originally Posted By: Ravenshire
Hey Joseph. I'm Daniel Ravenshire. Were did the handle Soap come from? Oh, and welcome to our little community. grin

I clean things up. And yes, I know exactly how corny that sounds.

Originally Posted By: MisterE
Welcome Kansas. I take it everyone knows you're a nova. Well, I'm sure someone will hop at the chance to give you a job if the school drops you - racial discrimination - and you find yourself at loose ends.

What kind of work would you look for if you can't teach anymore?

Writing. I've endeavored to be a writer most of my life, with little success. I published one story in Omni back in the '80s, that's it.

About the writing: I can see about recommending some publishers for you, or if your looking for more of an Opnet publishing angle, I can see what I can dig up.

On the plus side, you're a nova and everything nova is bound to be look upon with a positive light.

If you really are good and want to publish your material on its own merits, I can help you arrange a ghost identity.

Let me know if I can help. I'm outta here for the rest of the night, but I can help you in the AM if you are up for it.

Hmmm, Soap is it?

You know, you mention the possibility of getting fired, why is this? Did you eruption caused physical scarring or Quantum Backlash? or did it simply cause too much of a ruckus? (and I can figure that any ruckus is too much in Kansas)

If you DO end up getting fired screw them, baselines are afraid of what they don't get or lately what they envy.

Keep in touch man, lots of Novas think that being on their own is great, but the truth is, unless you can do something spectacular beyond belief even Novas can get passed by without a good reason.

C ya around.

Pele, my eyes glow red and my touch kills plants. And my powers are pretty creepy.

I see a career change in my near future.

Ravenshire, that'd be great. I'd feel a little cheap for using my instant nova fame to get something published...but if that's what I have to do, that's what I have to do.

Archived