[Fiction] A new home?

Silvertalon

Silvertalons slowly woke to the smell of roasting meat, and a strange sweet flowery scent that filtered in though the open window. The cool breeze flowed freely into the room as the curtains moved and swayed with each small gust. The mooring air also had a slight hint of mint in it arousing her senses more as she awoke rubbing the sleep from her eyes. Her body ached slightly, having to rest the last few days in bed recovering her strength and other energies she has expanded to help herself heal faster. Even though the wounds were gone she still ached from disuse of her muscles, feeling stiff as she slowly sat up.

A soft grunt escaped her muzzle, the feeling of pain in her back for a moment. The sound of her wing joints cracking slightly from the cartiledge build up with in them. She turns her attention to the smell of the cooking food as she arose from the bed pushing the blankets to the side as she walked towards the window. As she pulled back the curtain the morning sun shone brightly into her eyes as she rubbed them for a moment getting used to the light.

As her gaze became clear she saw outside quite a sight before her, a large garden area with strange shrubs cut and pruned properly. A well cut lawn and past that a large wooded area as far as she could see from her vantage point. A soft mirr escaped her lips seeing the sight and the smells familiar to her. She took a moment to survey the lay out before her as her tail swished slightly from time to time. Her ears flickered as they caught the faint sound of something whirling sightly. Her eyes looked to the right and left trying to pin point the strange sound. It took her a few minutes but she did notice some type of device on the grounds hidden quite well but not to well for keen eyes and ears to locate.

“Interesting..”

Slowly she walked away from the window and looked towards the door and then back towards the bed. Her ears flickered catching the sounds of foot falls out in the hallway leaving one of the near by rooms as she approched the door. Slowly she opened it and peeked out curious to see what is going on as she slipped quietly into the hallway keeping out of sight as best she can curious to see what goes on around her. Her eyes keep a look out for other devices that may pick up on her so she could avoid as her ears help locate the mechanical devices if they make a sound.

From behind long smiles as Silvertalon makes her way out of her room. "I was beginning to wonder if you'd ever come out of the room. You've been sleeping for a couple of days."

His tail hangs behind him, though the tip is slightly curled so it doesn't drag on the ground. "Lunch will be ready soon Silvertalon, so make yourself at home until then. You may want to go look around outside, reaquaint yourself with being outdoors, it has been awhile, though i'd advise against doing anything to strenuous, no need to stress your wings too much."

He continues walking towards the door outside and the smell of the grill. "By the way, i've keyed you in as a non-hostile in the defense grid, so don't worry about the little devices you find, they won't harm you."

Suddenly a voice addresses her as she pauses for a moment blushing slightly as she realize its long. She turns and looks over towards him with a smile, "Well I had to get up some time you know, I hate staying in once place for to long."

Her ears flicker as she catches the scent of the food cooking outside its making her mouth water slightly as her tummy grumbles, "Mmm.. Good I am starving.. Having slept for so long with very few meals kinda isn't good for the body" she twirls around with a shake of her tail.

"Ah, so.... I see.. So out side on the lawn in that strange looking fixture has some type of device to protect whats in side the home?" she tilts her head slightly, "As with a few other things here and there..." She curiously asks, "Why so much for a lovely home you have?"

"Because what is in this home is my most valued treasure. Nothing is too much to protect my family."

Long continues on and tends to the Barbecue outside, in about thirty minutes the rest of a veritable mountain of food will be done and ready.

"That does make sense, to protect those that you care for." Silvertalon watches Long for a few moments tend to the meat on the grill with a slight lick of her lips.

"By the looks of it, I have some time to look around. Do you mind if I check this place out?" a coy grin plays across her muzzle as her ears flicker. Long can see she the curious interest in her eyes wanting to explore the grounds and house a bit more.

Her ears flicker slightly as she dips her snout with a smile, "Thank you, I will not be trouble while I am here. I wouldn't mind checking out more of the grounds, the guarden perhaps if I have time the woods" A coy smile plays across her muzzle as she turns to the garden with a sway of her tail. "Let me know when breakfast is ready" she waves and strolls down the path that leads to the guarden taking the time to enjoy the sights and sounds all around her.

The guarden is your traditionalish dream, full of exotic plants, bonzi, and a lovely pond with two islands in the center. In the water Koi swim about as the ripples of their passing ripples across the water. The grass is cut short, and the rock guarden well maintained. To her its a strange sight to be hold having not seen the likes of this before. The guarden in itself has a very calming affect as she feels a bit relaxed kneeling down at the pond gently sticking her talons into the water as the Koi come up and nip at them.

She chuckles softly shaking her head, "If you weren't in Long's garden, you be lunch right now." She reaches in gently brushing one of her talons along the side of one of the Koi surprised slightly by the fact they do not shy away but seam to enjoy the touch.

Easily the time passes as she looses herself playing with the Koi quite amused with these strange fish. As she notices another type of fish swimming about. "Now what is this?" she reaches into the pound and yelps in surprise as the fish attacked her hand quite viciously as she blinks.

"W..what the?" She half growls with quite the confused look on her face not sure what to make of the strange fish that aggressively attacked her hand. In all if someone were watching the look is quite comical to say at the least.

"Lab? You seem to think I'm some sort of Mad Scientist, not the mother of your children." Sakurako says, noticing the newcomer.

"And... who is our visitor, Long? Someone you know from way back?"

Sakurako looks over the strange creature... something about it seems familiar but she cannot place it at all.

"Well, You are my Wife and the mother of my children, there's no disputing that, but let's not forget I have seen some of your inventions. It's wise to not go into your lab anyways, I've found. Alot of your creations seem to not like me."

"Actually Sakurako I was under the impression you'd met Silvertalon before. She was Wakinyan's second wife." It was an old bit of history and easily could become a sore spot between them, but Long shrugged his massive shoulders.

"I had told Silvertalon back when i was training Wakinyan that if she needed me she too could call on me. I recieved a distress call and retrieved her. I helped tend to her wounds and now she's "exploring our home."

He smiles "You've been in your lab and since there aren't many ways of contacting you short of barging in there, or tapping on your mind I thought it best to simply warn her not to go there."

He smiles, bearing the tips of his fangs and some of his smaller teeth. "Besides You did Marry me Sakurako, you have to be a little mad to marry into a family as insane as mine." His tone was light and he was trying to disarm things before they got out of hand.

"Long... If Silvertalon was Waki's second, she stayed under my radar. If I would have known who she was before hand, I might actually know her better..."

"But there is something about Silvertalon that rings familiar, not from Waki... but before..."

She sighs. "No... It's probably a figment of my overactive imagination. And Long, you should have told me my assistant drones didn't like you. They're just expert systems. No real intelligence. I can reprogram them to be more friendly."

She walks up to Long, letting her tail slink out under the casual blue dress she's wearing... "And trust me, Long, My family was just as messed up in the Cabeza. If I use the term correct."

"Maybe I should greet our visitor instead of watching her like some sort of intruder from our Kitchen, eh?"

Sakurako likes having her abode under watch with all the security she can. She's a Mother hen now. With many chicks to protect.

Long nods knowing Sakurako's watching him. "Yes, be sociable, she is another nova after all." Long looks to Silvertalon and smiles. "It seems while I cook you'll get the special tour from Sakurako. That should help immensely."

Sakurako heads out, to the yard where Silvertalon is waiting. Sakurako is unsure at first, since after all, Silvertalon is an imposing sight. For a person to have been so changed by their Nova status is rare, and intimidating at times.

"So... enjoying the surroundings? I'm Sakurako. Long's wife and... sometimes pain in the neck."

She sheepishly giggles, rubbing the back of her head. Moving around her rubbery, long pink hair.

"What's... brought you here?"

The soft foot falls of someone drawing near drew her attention. She turned at the moment the first word was spoken as her eyes gazed upon quite the strangest sight she's ever seen. A sickly woman?.... No.... Rubber.... She stared for a moment with the strangest look as one ear drooped slightly staring for a few long moments trying to understand exactly what she was seeing.

"....... Umm.... Yeah... A..are you feeling well?" A slight look of concern can be seen upon her face... "But then again..." Her look of concern fades and a coy grin plays across that maw, "You almost look like a squeak toy with how shiny you are..." She giggles softly ears flickering, "Sorry... I couldn't help myself."

She turns her gaze across the pond once again as you notice her claws dangling above the water as she was teasing the Fighting fish in the water. Her claws dip down and pull back up with a slight grin of amusement, "Not entirely sure, I was kinda of hurt and I guess the device I had was damaged to the point it triggered a fail safe..... I am not sure how or way, but... The more I tinkered with it the more I understood.." She slowly shakes off her wet claws and rises to stand before her host with a soft rumble and warm smile not showing any teeth, "My names Silvertalon, or silv for short if you wish."

"Squeaky toy?" Sakurako says.

"I'll have you know I do not squeak. I can't believe that you'd walk around someone's house, harass the fish, and...

wait...

Did you just call yourself Silvertalon? Then Silv? Who gave you that name? I had an old friend who was also a Nova by that name. They sort of fell off of the map a few years ago, but I haven't had the time to keep up with things. Family, business and all that...

That still doesn't excuse you of calling me a squeaky toy."

She crosses her arms. Looking at Silvertalon with one part curiosity and one part annoyance.

• 2 weeks later...

Silvertalon smiles slightly with a soft chuckle. "Well, I will try to remember that. Still...." She slowly rises to her feet as her wings rustle upon her back.

"Yes... That is my name." slightly strange look comes across her face slightly, "Thats silly to ask.. As far as I can remember...I think." Her right ear flickers slightly.

Slowly she nods with a slight grin, "Fair enough, but...." She steps past Sakurako quickly as she looks over her shoulder with a very playful grin. "It smells like the food is ready, we should head back or other wise a certain tiger we know might devour it all before we got a scrap to eat."

Long bellows at the top of his lungs "Come and get it, the food's done." after about twenty minutes. He sets out two massive trays of cooked meats and ears of corn. it was a western style barbecue today. He hears the commotion of the two child novas running to get to the food and tkes his seat at the table as they help themselves to the food.

"Save some for our guest, she could well be staying with us for awhile." they both nod and refrain from piling their plates over a foot high.

A couple minutes later Sakurako and Silvertalon appear around the corner of the house heading towards the tables Long spent preparing for the morning meal. The food is quite a welcome sight as the rich aroma fills the air thick enough to almost taste. The meat is piled upon one platter, a few different types of steak, and on the other corn on the cob steaming from being recently cooked.

Slowly her tongue slides out across her lips, as her eyes take in the sight of the food. A deep rumble from her belly is soon followed as she blushes slightly, "Excuse me, I... don't remember when I last ate.." She dips her snout slightly.

Her ears flicker slightly whispering catching her ears as she turns to see two children near by looking over at her, while eating quite the hefty helping of food on their plates. She smiles a bit toothishly in quite the canid type grin. As her right paw rises up and wiggles her clawed fingers in a greetings to the younglings.

"Yours?" she looks towards Long and Sakurako. "I can see the resemblance, so what are the little pu...errr... kids names?" she rubs beind her right ear a bit with a slight flush.

"Actually they were my brother's children. After their erruption he could no longer provide adequate care so Iadopted them." He looks at the children. "Go on introduce yourselves, she is a nova just like us."

The Girl steps forward and bows slightly. "I am Misato Hideyoshi, it is a pleasure to meet you ma'am." In almost the same tone of voice and preccision of movement The boy does the same. "I am Benkei Hideyoshi, it is good to meet you." Their English is flawless, spoken without any hint of accent.

Silvertalon nods slightly, "I see...." She looks a little puzzled for just a moment wondering why it could of been so hard.

Her attention turns to the girl that steps forward and bows before her slightly giving her a interesting introduction. Then quickly the boy does the same as she blinks for a moment and smiles warmly. "It's nice to meet you both.. Misato and Benkei. My names Silvertalon." although her english is a bit rough but clear.

"I... Am not familar with your customs. I do realize I am not any place I ... Don't think I remember I been...." She looks out towards the trees and skyline, "Even the skyline looks far different, and the smell of the sea is present faintly...Although right now, I am famished."

"then by all means eat as you like. As to the location, as i told you, you are in my home outside of Tokyo, the capital of Japan. After your ordeal, I figured it safest for you here." Long said even as he began taking portions of the food for himself.

The children quietly sat themselves and began to eat their own plates of food.

Silvertalon nods slightly as her eyes turns away at the mention of the ordeal that took place still most of it clearly remembered. "Thank you Long for your kindness."

She walks over to the table and picks up a plate for herself and begins to pile the meat up nice and high, picking out the meat that seams to be medium rare. It doesn't take long before the plate is filled and the food is stacked pretty high. Her belly grumbles softly at the sight of the good as her mouth waters. She takes a seat and digs into her meal using her hands and talons to hold the peices of meat while she tears into the cooked flesh.

"So.... Long." She talks in between bites, "Whats out past the walls of your home?" Its clear she still has to learn some table manners whom wouldn't after being in the wilds for years.

"The City of Tokyo to the South, the rest of the world beyond that." It was a simple and somewhat sarcastic answer, but a true one. "I am not boud to any one place save this one, my home." You do not have to remain here, but I would advise it, at least until you fully recover."

Nods slowly as she listens wolfing down more of the meat on her plate, in short order most of what she has taken has been devoured rather quickly. She takes a moment to look around watching the two children slightly surprised to see them having finished so much and taking seconds. "Wow, I.. never seen children eat so much... Is.. that normal?" But then her attention turns to Long once again.

"Tokyo?" she tilts her head to the side and then looks off in the general direction, "When I recover a bit more I'd like to see that place... What is it like? What would I expect or should expect?"

"Quite normal for nova children I should think. Everyone here has a heightened metabolism. I can eat an entire deer in a sitting. As for tokyo, it's full of unique smells, lots of lights and intense sounds. It's actually overwhelming if you ddon't take care to buffer your senses."

"The city is full of life and vitality, It's why i came back to Japan."

"I see, I haven't been around nova children before. I was unsure if it was normal or not." smiles a little as she watches them eat for a few moments. "I notice that I even eat a lot, I.. was not sure if that was normal either.... So..." She looks to long sounding a bit uneasy with the words she is about to speak. "We novas.... Are different... I am not used to saying I am a nova, but I guess that is what I am.." She turns her gaze away.

"It's strange, to be learn your something other then what you believe you thought you were for a as long as you could remember...." she takes a few bites from her steak thinking for a few moments. "Strange at times as it seams to be waking for a dream.. The last... few months seamed like a dream, nightmare... So much happening... So many places... To be... I have no understanding why until I go.."

She sets the plate down at her side seaming to have lost her hunger for the moment as she looks a bit distracted in thought. Her ears flicker a few times before her eyes look up noticing long watching her closely as she blushes slightly. "Meh, I shouldn't dwell to much on things at the moment." She softly says.

"Anyhow, were I used to be we nova's kinda didn't fit in, in a way... Although I always felt uneasy around cities... and lately... I have had the desire to see things.. I normaly wouldn't. How are nova's treated in japan? I mean.. Would have to stick to the shadows or can I walk out and about as I am?" Her ears perk a bit curious more so. "An.. If I look like this.. Would it pose a problem with some... Erm... Religions.. Is that the word?"

She rubs under her chin a bit, "Come to think of it those.. Relegious types called me a devil. I am still wondering what that is."

"They're either going by appearance, or they're bigots. Nothing more, nothing less." Sakurako flatly says, pausing her meal.

"Thing is here... there's a disturbing fact that most Japanese are practically addicted to being around Novas. At least from what I seen. You're more likely to be attacked just to have you respond and trigger an eruption than anything else."

"For now... I'd stay on the sidelines. Only step into the wider world when you feel comfortable."

• 1 month later...

Silvertalon nods slowly listening to the warnings, "Well in a few days I should be perfectly fine, still I am having a hard time grasping why. It would be so dangerous as well as to why someone would risk injury to just attempt their own trigger. Humans.... Strange creatures at times.." She shakes her head slightly

"I will keep the shadow's if I do go out and about, I am very curious to see the surroundings of this island.. I.. Never been here before." she flushes slightly with a smile.

"So what is the island like? Could you tell me about it and culture?"

"Depends on where you go. Most of Japan these days is Urban. In this city, Tokyo, it's a cosmopolitan place. A mix of different life styles and cultures. I can't really pin down one or two really important things.

In your situation though, I doubt you'd ruffle too many feathers. keeping a distance to things and all.

If later on you feel comfortable of being more public of a manner, make sure I or Long... or even both of us for that matter... are with you. We can easily smooth any rough spots."

"You wouldn't know it's urban from the amount of room we have, but money does have some advantages."

He smiles at Sakurako. That's a good idea actually. We could all use a nice night out. It would definitely be entertaining. Who knows You might even get to see something you haven't before."

"I would very much like to see this Tokoyo you speak so fondly about. I am very curious to see what the culture is like and the people. I never really ventured out much..." her voice lowers with a slight sound of sadness.

Her eyes turn away from the group with a slight look of sadness, "When I was with Wakinyan..." A sigh escapes her lips while she finishes taking a second large helping. Her tail sways slowly back and forth showing a bit of frustration as she carefully takes her seat once again and with out another word takes a moment to tear into a steak or two remaining silent for several long moments as if lost in thought.

Long nods. "Things weren't easy were they?" His face darkens somewhat. I never questioned him on the relationship, it wasn't my business, even after his offer."

It had been made after the incident in Vegas. He'd nearly killed Timeslip simply by losing control of his physical strength. In the rush to help her and vacate the area, he'd left certain things undone. Wakinyan had cleaned up the mess and one night, offered Silvertalon to long to release his more primal urges with.

It was a rare moment where Long was left shocked.

"I admit I am curious as to how things went with You, Wakinyan, and Ptesan-wi." It was still hard for him to call her that as opposed to Thoughtwave or the name he met her bearing, Mystic.

"Why didn't you venture out?"

Silvertalon's head tilts to the side with a slight strange look across her face as she shakes her head a little, "Honestly no... It.. was quite laid back allowing me time I needed to realize whom I am.." She smiles a little, "I have nothing but fond memories in what little time we spent with one another."

A soft sigh escapes her muzzle slightly as she pokes at the plate of food with a claw, "Still, I felt left out in a way.. We didn't do much with the time we had.. He was always with Ptesan-wi. It.. felt in a way she had full control over him in one way or another."

"On the other hand Ptesan-wi was far stranger then I could understand. She has the ability to do things, move, manipulate with out...." she rubs behind her right ear, "Using what we would called quantum, I could not sense its presence or use when ever she did things. It always seamed that she knew what you did before it happened."

"As for why I didn't venture out, I felt I wasn't ready in some way or another." She shrugs slightly.

Slowly her eyes close as a look of pain slightly crosses her face as her ears lay back. A low growls wells with in her chest as her eyes open having taken on a more reptilian look. Her fangs slightly growing longer as some fur seams to melt into scales across her muzzle clearly a bit of anger seams to surface.

"What happened to Wakinyan was...." She looks directly into Longs eyes directly staring for a few long moments, "I saw him... What was left of him." Her voice lowers with a soft snarl, "I..if I ever find out whom or what did that to him. I don't think I would be able to stop myself...." Her eyes lower slowly as they close taking a deep breath forcing herself to clam down as those changes revert slowly back to her normal state. A tear rolls down her right cheek.

"All I can say.. Is.. what ever was used the ground, trees, rocks even the air was rank of burnt death, desolation to such a degree it was completely inhuman. Such a monster should be put down...."

Sakurako looks down. She knows what happened, and the monster Silvertalon speaks of is out of reach. To any of them. Sakurako wasn't very close to Wakinyan, even though she was one of his chosen. In a way, it kept her from being her true self.

"Monsters?" Sakurako laughs. "By whose standard?" She leans against a large rock. "What killed Wakinyan was something of MY realm. It wasn't a Nova, or a Monster... it was something damnable in scope and fury. Something I never thought anyone was capable of."

Sakurako has an inkling. She had saw it in action in Ibiza. A place where she tried her best to render aid to the striken in any way she could.

"Silvertalon... I want you to make me a promise. Never make yourself a target like Wakinyan did. We have to step lively. If any of Wakinyan's enemies think we'll avenge him, we'll face the same fate."

She glares at the ground. Not wanting to even state her suspicion. She knows whoever had that sort of fire power might have this premises bugged and that bug hidden enough to be even outside her scope.

"As far as I'm concerned... I don't want to hear of Wakinyan's name again." She curses, walking back into the house.

Wakinyan was a mistake... I never want to repeat with Long... she thinks.

Long looks at Endeavor and appears next to her in a flash of light. His massive arms wrap around her in an effort to calm her down. "This is also why I've done much of what I have to stay hidden. If you become too large in the public eye you become a target. Here in Japan, both Sakurako and I enjoy immense popularity, singly and as a married couple. We both have very dedicated followings of fans. Fortunately that's all. They aren't out there trying to convert ewveryone or causing trouble for the government, so we can peacefully enjoy things."

The words were spoken for Silvertalon's benefit, but He tried something he hadn't with Sakurako. He reached out and touched her mind. I'm sorry for bringing it up. But there are times where curiosity does get the better of me. You have nothing to worry about with me. The government does approve of us, or else they'd have revoked your permits, and mine. We're safe.

It is not them I am worried about... It is who wields enough power to level a Nova like Wakinyan. Someone out there has something that scares the living hell out of me. I don't want that aimed at me. She thinks, looking towards Silvertalon. I don't want it to rain down on all our heads.

The weapon used on Wakinyan was shot down by several parties. It isn't a threat, however there could be more of them. This is why the "Paradise Plan" is so important. It's still far to early but preliminary reports are most promising. When the time comes, we will be safe, all of us.

He looks to Silvertalon. "So where would you like to go now?"

Silvertalon nods slowly as she understands the gravity of the issue. "I see..." She turns her head to the side with a soft sigh. "I do hope whom ever did it would one day be judged upon what they have done."

She sets the plate to the side, her hunger has subsided for the moment. Slowly turning to the two and with a another slow nod, "I will not try to bring harm to your house in any way. I am still not sure myself what can be done or what can not at the moment. I know nothing really of this.... place... land I am in or of it's people..."

"Still I would love to see the sights if allowed, although I.. suspect in some way... I might not be welcomed with out some sort of papers.. I.. think I recall a traveling visa or some sorts is required for being outside of your own country. Is it not when abroad?"

A soft chuckle escapes her muzzle as those ears perk slightly, "Then again, I can't recall what my native land is... Expect were I known myself to be for as long as I can remember.." She reaches behind her head a bit and rubs, "A few years to be exact!" As a goofy grin just plays across that maw of hers.

Sakurako reads Silvertalon's face.

How the hell... no way. This can't be her. She looked nowhere near the way she does now. Although...

"Are you sure you don't remember me from any time before the Black Hills?" Sakurako states, her suspicions growing.

Sakurako remembers Long's long-range goal... no... their long-range goal.

"We'll arrange the necessary paperwork. Long has connections, and I could have you as an employee of my corporation. Then again... if my suspicions are correct. You have always been. If I remember correct, the Silvertalon I knew was my bodyguard for a time...

But the time will come when everything shakes out, I guess."

"Do you recognize her from somewhere?" The question was aimed at both the to female novas.

"Yes arranging citizenship will be easy enough, and employment. One of the big questions who still your past though isn't it Silvertalon?"

Archived