Aberrant: Dead Rising - OOC Stuff

The Fine Balance

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm announcing "Origins: Relationships are History (James)" is done.

Obviously there's a lot more that happened in the six months between where I'm leaving off and where DR starts (much of it grim, most of the named characters aren't going to live)... but fundamentally the story was about the relationship between James, JoAnna, and Jill. The baggage he (and they) carried and are still carrying and the history they share. With those fundamentals addressed I thought I'd halt there.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm going to pull out of this game - my rl is insane and honestly I was in a bad place when I made Essa and can't seem to overcome that enough to want to play her. I apologize. Please feel free to do with her as is needed to move the story along [npc or death or what have you].

I just wrote the wrong character name, sorry. I am pulling out of DR. Olivia was created in the middle of some extremely messy stuff irl and between that and just being crazy busy, I need to step back from her. I really appreciated the story so far and hope you all continue to have tons of fun.

Jas, I'll be wrapping up your fic and moving things along this weekend. The reason I haven't yet is that those kinds of posts require me to have not already drained my brain away at work, so... Saturday I'm moving everyone else forward and getting them moving. :)

I've moved on with most of the hanging chapter 12 posts.

I'll review fictions tomorrow - if yours is complete, please be sure it's been marked as such.

I've discussed things with Gabby and her group will be joining Fox's for All Soul's Night.

• 3 weeks later...

I've finished "The Flesh is Weak". It's come out perhaps a bit less exciting or sizeable as I might've hoped in the beginning, but for a first completed piece of fiction I shouldn't complain. ^_^

Now that this is off my chest, I feel like I am up to speed again. Will continue posting in the next open chapter.

Zell - I don't know what I was thinking with the earlier change ... I must have been half asleep or something.

This time, the convo leads to Firebug ... I put the changes in dark red so they would stand out. Plus I edited two posts so it sort of flows toward Matt.

Varro kind of claims the first dance under pretense of having been searching for Myf, and edges them both toward the dance floor ... but he also asks Matt if they can sit for a drink later, etc.

So, I think that gives you enough to work with :)

It is one dance man, chill out. A dance lasts 3 to 4 minutes, if you want the next one cut in ... Varro won't be angry. Of course, I can't speak for anyone but my own PC ... and really, we've been pretty nice in trying to patch things up OOC.

From this point on, I plan to just move on in the thread ... lets all have some fun. No need to be angry about little things :)

Also, as far as writing the dead people...should they be accurate representations of the people they were, or should they be more like malevolent recreations? Like, would they be all, "Don't feel bad about leaving me to die...all you could have done was die too," or would it be more, "Why? Why did you run and leave meeeee?!?!"

That kind of thing. (^_^)

Yes, everyone can see everyone else's ghosts. And they are the dead reflections of the living people, darker but still them. Think the typical ghost's reaction to finding out they're dead and you're not; now add in the fact that you're alive and have super powers. Some ghosts will be friendly, but most are going to be kinda annoyed, at the very least. Some will be hostile... especially since they can hurt people. :firedevil:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived