Aberrant: Dead Rising - OOC Stuff

The Fine Balance

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The first of you guys have been released into the downtime I have planned: Martin, James and Venus. I imagine the rest of you will follow shortly.

Here's how it's working - you'll have three months downtime in game and one in real life. I want to see one fiction that is either an overarching look at what your PC is doing or is a snapshot of a day kind of post; their life between chapters 12 and 13. I expect this to be a post worthy of award, not three paragraphs about your PC jerking off in the shower. For this, I'll hand out 5 xp for that fiction/month's work. Fictions beyond the first will be granted additional awards, if they meet the usual criteria.

Only one group will not be having a downtime just yet. Bond's group will have theirs between chapters 13 and 14. Yes, they will be 'out of sync' with everyone, but that will resolve itself when they have their downtime and catch up.

Questions?

Originally Posted By: Dawn, OOC
Venus, please let me know if you have nothing to add. I don't want to skip you but don't want to lag in getting things wrapped up for V and James.

I'll post something over the weekend. Work has been rough the last two days.

Made a big wall of text in 12h - Benedict's aim is to find a spot with greenery in the forest to...plant a spy...before moving on towards the stalker's location. Likelyhood of remaining unseen is rather...low, however.

I had put this in the post before, but I am saving it up in case people want to come along or Fox makes people come along ^_^. Estimation is that my post spans about a minute or two in time, so will wait a bit to allow catch-ups.

Hello, it's Jeremy, in discussions to enter Dead Rising.

Now in the meantime, something has occurred to me. The big bad of the series... has to be someone cloaked, hooded, and has a zombunny as a pet. This mastermind likely is the prime mover in the activities of the RUS. And simultaneously the source of the mysterious zombie bombings.

This Mastermind is 'Death' the pursuer mentioned by Cassandra. But who can fit all these criteria? There is only one possible suspect...

77d41e7b-122e-45a0-922f-60f00c5e2035.jpg

LOL!

On a more serious note: I will award xp to people willing to be the ST's little helper. To do this, agree to type up the chapter summaries, as found here. The first person who can get me nice summaries for chapter 12 stuff can get some bonus xp. Disclaimer: I don't want to edit these much. Please make the writing grammically correct with proper American English spelling. If they aren't on par with my own standards (which aren't *that* bad), then I won't accept them.

Originally Posted By: Dawn, OOC
Understood. Since Venus has been AWOL, that'll give her time to get back instead of me feeling like I'm leaving the player behind. frown

I'm here! Work has been hell and I couldn't access the site at work during this financial crisis. I've been doing extra hours until I reached my physical limits and simply had no energy left to do anything except eating and sleeping.

Anyway - contingency plans are in effect now, people have been called from their vacations to up our manpower and that means relieve on a broader scale. I still be busy but I expect to have some spare time left to deal with my obligations here.

I'm going to read what I've been missing and make posts were I can.

I won't be able to check in a lot (if any) this week - took some time off after an extremely busy week at work and will be relaxing a bit in a location where internet access is...sparse...to say the least.

Expected to be able to check in again thursday-friday.

Alright, as this point, I'm going to say that everyone should swarm to the old site, grab your character sheets and any other important messages delivered via PM, and set up new PMs here. As far as I can tell, I'm missing most of them, and I can't add people back into many of them. So I suggest transfering them over to me ASAP.

I just tried to "do it the easy way" and had to realize that the whole conversation (my Sheet is rather long) cannot be easily copy/pasted - I have to copy/paste every single answer to the thread we used to have - this will take a bit longer - just fyi.

Venus, I suggest just taking the important things - the character sheet, the experience list and any important things discussed. You can skip any questions related to a closed fic or thread unless you really think you'll need to reference them. My advice is just to get the important things.

Dylan's player has dropped out of this game for RL reasons. Draygo, feel free to catch me in chat or via PM if you feel the need to discuss what your guy will do without someone PCing his 'little buddy'. Everyone else, he's now officially an NPC.

Dylan's player has dropped out of this game for RL reasons. Draygo, feel free to catch me in chat or via PM if you feel the need to discuss what your guy will do without someone PCing his 'little buddy'. Everyone else, he's now officially an NPC.

That's really a loss - Dylan was a great addition to the whole :(

Archived