Aberrant: Dead Rising - OOC Stuff

The Fine Balance

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think the point I'm making is you have a solider drive out in a jeep. How much ammo is it reasonable for him to take? 10 Clips, 25?

Originally Posted By: Justin OOC
any area with a walmart has the means to kill a massive number of zombies. Ever seen the explosion of a 5 gallon tank of propane?
How many does massive mean here? 20? And if it would kill 100 people then we'd be very lucky to destroy a tenth of that in zoms. They don't feel pain, they have lethal soak, and fire doesn't do aggravated damage.

About the only way I could see "massive" numbers of the undead being killed is via a dead fall. Say you set up a 10 story drop on to pavement where the front row members get pushed off by the next row. Say you lead a hoard to a broken bridge and somehow get to the other side of the gap.

True, but the military is going to have plenty of bullets to wipe out a population, plus gunstores also have the supplies needed for reloading and making your own bullets. One this is for sure, given our situation we would definitely be saving our spent casings whenever possible for reloading.

Carrying that amount of ammo is not feasible though. If we set out to sanitize an area we could do it. I don't have any doubt of that, but it wouldn't be a quick or easy task. The way I think of it is that when we go out on a normal mission we tend to thin the zom population a bit around our specific objectives.

I was just going through my stuff again and realized that V already used Emp. Manip. as means of locating people. The book does not state that a line of sight is necessary, which would be reasonable since Emp. Manip. can also be used to stir up emotions of a crowd and you don't have to see every single one in the crowd to affect them all, they just need to be within range.

V would be of some use then and would volunteer to join you guys - that'll give me the chance to participate more in the main thread. I hope there are no objections?

Even if it can't be used for actual pin-point "location" just knowing some unknown person is around here and feeling fear/pain/whatever would be pretty important in a world where humans are rare and zombies don't register.

It might even be possible to do this without spending juice. Most of the "detection" effects of the suite powers don't require juice. I.e. Magnetic manip, Temporal Manip (and I'd suggest house ruling in Elemental Mastery/Anima to those).

On the other hand Telepathy requires juice... but telepathy is also using an insane range too. The Suite detection powers have a range that matches Emotion Manip.

What Powers does Preston have Hyo?

I am currently catching up on the reading of the game (since I stopped reading when I decided not to play). When I have caught up I will hopefully be able to bring in a new character. I was unsatisfied with the execution of Black Tom even though I like the idea of it. So far excellent storytelling and characters all around....

Hello guys and gals,

I had an idea I'd like to propose but I wanted to check with you and Alex first. I was thinking about adding an own thread which would be labeled "Violet's Nightclub" - there I could describe how the club looks like and what you can expect to get there and what not.

On top of that the thread could be used for sidetracking stories during downtime or a timejump (i.e. like meetings of two characters or when we get some time for personal leisure in between days - you know hang out at the bar and stuff)

Any objections, ideas? Bueller?

Small RL-Update - I'm going to move to a new appartment on Sat. 17th. My online presence will be greatly reduced from today till then since I got several things to do in preparation for the move.

I try to be around at least once a day before I go to bed and keep myself updated. But posting will be scarce/just once per day probably. After the weekend I hope to resume my usual online presence on the boards. Thank you for your patience.

Originally Posted By: Alex OOC
Any new mature posts in the subforum, let's put an OOC title of mature at the beginning of, then some blank lines, so as not to shock the wigs off old ladies interested in some innocent zombie fun. wink Thanks.

oh, I thought we already did that?

Archived