Aberrant: Dead Rising - OOC Stuff

The Fine Balance

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The social thing is the 1 pt version of the flaw "Bad Vibe"

It's basically the same feeling you get when you're standing next to a Force Recon Sniper. Someone who has undergone a change upstairs to become a human predator. Their thought processes change, their mannerisms change. Not to the point that they stand out or aren't human, it's subtle. I don't know how to describe it better than that.

For those of you who are looking for some sort of mechanical representation of Preston's "first impression"

-- App 2 (He calls it Rugged)

-- Style 3 ("You know what the difference is between you and me? I make this look good")

-- Bad Vibe 1 (Human Predator)

-- Sexy (Girls like men in uniform...)

Total of 6 Style Dice.

I think we pretty much *have* to take a truck back. There's too much stuff and it's too heavy to just pick up and carry.

It's only been like 6 months. In theory we could fly over there with a battery jumper and gas stabilizer and a few tools and fix a cargo truck for the way back. That'd be quickest I think and we could scout out for good roads on the way there.

I'm thinking that Priest, who has a semi and has to use the roads, already knows the good roadways and places to stop along the way. His people are pretty nomadic.

He also has a female nova named Leo with his team who is an ace mechanic, basically insuring that any truck they find will be able to get their supplies home.

Drew, do you want to run the expedition to pick up the military hardware? If not then we can just say it happened and pick up with Ch 2, having jumped the story ahead 2 weeks. Also, if you do run the expedtion, do you want to make that into a new chapter or keep it under ch 1?

We are back at Fox's base. Currently, we are about to set out on an expedition to pick up a few weapons to better defend the base, and which might be useful if we need them against that group that destroyed the nearby settlement.

Yes, it is expanding. We currently have two projects going on. We are building some outer defenses that zombies should not be able to get through and the characters are about to go out on an expedition to acquire some more weapons.

After that, we know about a government facility in Virginia that was doing research on 'Portals'. That sounds interesting and they just killed everyone but two survivors at a nearby settlement to prevent them from doing their own research, which has also been said to be research into curing the zombie plague.

Fox is with a loose collection of novas at the moment, organizing that trip to go get more weapons... specifically ground to air stuff. There'll be two crews that go, a flying scout group and a vehicular group. The apparent consensus is that the new gear is too much to fly back.

Re: Friday Night Frolic

I'm pretty sure Seductive Looks and Appearance Alteration would counteract each other since Seductive Looks changes you to be whatever they want to see, and Appearance Alteration changes you to be whatever you want to be... but whatever, it's your story. Go for broke smile

Thats a good question, Hyo. I always read S-Looks as something more psychological - it makes the other perceive you the way they want you to be. In conjunction with Appearance Alteration you can actually make those changes for real (within the limits of App. Alt. of course).

The description is a bit fuzzy imho - and I'm not a native speaker. Anyways - Violet will use whichever enhancement suitable to get what she wants laugh

OK... I think I'll post something about James going off and coming back a few hours later with a Striper Bar and a Jukebox.

A question about the setting:

Every now and then someone posts something about exterminating all the zombies in an area. Too what extent is that possible?

I mean, any local area that has any development is also going to have hundreds of thousands of zombies (or even a lot more). 1000 boxes of ammo, where each box has 20 bullets, doesn't even put a dent in that but it's probably a lot more than the typical gun store has.

Archived