Aberrant: Dead Rising - OOC Stuff

The Fine Balance

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just sent Joani a pm inquiring how she is delivering the poison... as long as she isn't injecting it, it just becomes a matter of you rolling resistance. You are in close physical contact, she could deliver it through a kiss after all.

Yah, understood, but as I understand it James' doesn't have a choice but to resist. Part of the basic nova package is a measure of immunity to these sorts of things. He's not actively resisting but he's also not actively cooperating either.

I'm assuming that she's easily got more than 5 succ over his willpower (whether or not he'd bother trying to resist is a different matter wink ), so she could probably talk him into getting tipsy... but that's not what's happening.

I understand the rules and the system perfectly - since its "just" a roleplaying scene I thought no dice were needed. I usually only let the dice decide if there is a conflict of some sort - its not like Violet wants to "attack" James or anything - its a tool to enhance the mood, nothing more.

We don't necessarily need to let a role decide if she can affect him or not. I can edit my post accordingly.

Says Delilah, with the scissors hidden behind her back. lol.

I don't think dice are necessary. If Courier wants to resist though, I'll need you both to supply me with your appropriate stats to roll it for you. I'm not organized for this game like I am for LM, since I am only temporarily STing this one.

Originally Posted By: Joani Reikspar
ok - Violet has Sta 4 + M-Sta 1 + Poison 1 - I believe the effect I want to achieve needs just 1 success. And just for the fun of it, I spent 1 WP on that roll. Its her nature after all smile
Careful there, I think you're about to get that WP point back with interest. smile

Ok, guys. Since that scene is just the two of you, how bout we move it to a separate fiction topic, specially since it is rapidly becoming NC-17. wink

Opps, tried to move it but I don't have Mod status in this game. Either Drew needs to move it or I need to get Chosen to grant me temp mod status. I created a topic for you called Friday Night Frolic.

Courier and I already PM'd about the outcome and decided to leave it just as it is in the main thread. We didn't want to break any rules or other restrictments. Maybe we'll go into more detail in that nice thread you've made. I think I'll make myself comfortable there, since I believe it won't be just this one night... :evil:

Quote:
Leaving her residence she still had that omniscious smile on her face and she wondered - Maybe the other supermen were just like James.
I started laughing at that line. Nothing helps team cohesion like sexual politics. :Amused:

A little background; I saw this happen in RL in a gaming group among the players (not PCs) and boom, game over.

I offered you that via PM but you said they would rather be good friends. She wouldn't have turned him down - so I guess its up to you. I'm still open for "some kind of relationship" with the Captain. Just let me know how you want to handle it.

As of now I was under the impression, that he got tempted but his military discipline and sense of duty overruled his emotional side.

Archived