Aberrant: Ba'alt - Re: Of Flesh and Future III

Narrator

Joe waits till the voices fade and then comments,

"He died of stupidity. He couldn't figure out how to get out before he died of thirst. He even wore a red shirt to make sure."

Joe briefly does a scan of the body to see if there's anything interesting, if there is he'll pause and either examine it or take it. Then he says to everyone else,

"I think I'm done. Is everyone ready to leave?"

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Allison gives Chronos a dark look.

"Just because he isn't a supergenius isn't any reason to say he was stupid. There's only a few people from any time who could work this place out."

She shakes her head.

"But yes...I think I've seen what I need to see, for now at least. How do we get out?"

Joe responds,

"Oh, it wasn't just his stupidity at work here. I think there is an easy way out. Probably to the World Serpent Inn. At a guess at one time there was a big EXIT sign or something similar."

"So if we knew how to leave, we could just do it. Maybe we snap our heels together three times and say 'There's no place like home.'" Joe does exactly that then he continues,

"But that information has been restricted. I don't think this place was supposed to be made into a death trap, I think the guy doing the restricting just zapped all the info on Library's internal workings and that was part of it."

"And this is the stupid part, he figured since he knew how to get out it was just obvious."

"Without knowing how to do that and having no way to look it up, we have to do it the hard way. We gum up the inner workings of this place and get it to summon maintenance. They'll come and let us out, and maybe even put a sign back over the exit so the next guy wearing a red shirt who comes in here can just leave on his own."

"I'm going to halt time on an entire set of book shelves. Then I'll move to the next row and do the same thing, then again, etc. That will halt updates and it should start alarms blaring somewhere."

Unless someone raises serious objections Joe walks down an aisle touching row after row and using Temporal Manip to halt time.

{Pay extra juice to bribe the Ban if it's active here).

Archived