Aberrant: Ba'alt - Re: Of Flesh and Future III

Narrator

Quote:
"I concur that we need to revive her. She will provide necessary intel and support, and I for one would like to avoid the kind of mess that comes with the power struggle that the second option would bring. Too many possibilites for lesser powers to run amuck and commit attrocities. While the cats away and all that. "
"Joe" nods,

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"Good. According to Doc's calculations, you and I must go, various others are highly desirable. Eve absolutely can not go."

"And I'll spare you the details until we're done here. Doc has spent a fair amount of time creating this and he'll want several days prep to go over everything. Other than that he's ready, the only reason he hadn't put that plan into opperation was he didn't know whether or not he should."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Asche speaks again after a minute quiet and finishing his brandy.

"Well, Kara told me you're here to do some kind of research? You are welcome to use the terminals here if its the kind of research you do, or if you need to talk to people, I am sure I can get you some face time with the right people."

{{With that the room can settle a bit and we can get on with the story. We can carry on the dialogue OOC in TABLE TALK if there are somethings you want to tie up. A few of you can go to the terminals to research or you can let Asche in on what you are doing and he might be able to recommend some one, unlikely but not impossible.}}

Joe says,

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"It isn't what we came to do, but I understand Reaa & Tonya are here abouts? If so I'd like to talk to them about Lily's death, there are some oddities about it that I'd like to at least attempt to clear up."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Asche says to Joe with a grin;

"I am sure they would love to meet you Joe, especially knowing you wanted to ask them something I was incapable of answering."

Asche produces fomr one of his pockets a slender crystalline tube and hands it to Joe.

"Their staying in Room 375, Spoke 3. This will let you into the old residentil district where they reside when their here. If their not in their domicile, use the drone to fetch them and they ought to return with haste."

{{we can do this in or out of character. Just give the word.}}

After Joe leaves, Allison nods and says, "Anyone here good with computers? I mean, -really- good? The location of the door to Nommikos is somewhere in the station's files, but I'm sure that kind of data is very carefully protected, or else everyone would know by now. The good news is that you'll have help. I'm pretty sure that as long as you give me a little time, I should be able to feel the consequences of what you're about to do before you do it...hopefully that'll give us the edge we'll need."

"That said, I'm no hacker. Not even with 20th Century technology...let alone alien computers from the year fourteen-thousand. Someone else'll have to do the meat of it."

<!--fonto:Century Gothic--><span style="font-family:Century Gothic"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Joe and leaves the room and makes a right turn following the location directions on the wall. It does not take him more than 5 minutes to get to the section where he needs to be but his path does pass through areas where recruiters are drafting for Raekes.

Among the invites are;

<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->"Sign up and be one of the first to witness the awe of the Nova's first hand. Any combat level welcomed with full assurance of no lasting harm."

"Sign up to outlast one of the infamous Neu-terran and receive a fortune in your currency!"

It appears that the recruiters got at least one Nova to sign up and now their looking for a competitor.

{{assuming Joe continues past the recruiters…….}}

Another 5-7 minutes later the path turns to what appears to be cobblestone roadway straight out of old England. The 3-4 story building on either side are well kept and authentic to the era with only some few random accouterments that betray alien origin. A double check on the address tube/key and Joe is assured he is on the right block and he finds the doors to the building a few blocks later. There are a trio of men at the front of the steps, one is standing while the other two set abreast each other blocking the stairs. They are wearing light cotton clothing and might fit right into Old England if not for their smooth pearl-crystalline bracers on one or both arms and their matching orbs of the same material around their necks.

{{Joe is the only other person on the block right now save for a merchant closing up shop some 50 yards past the men. The ceiling is well over 100 feet and a light fall breeze is blowing in with a very convincing light salty scent from off the ocean. The men do not go out of the way to make eye contact but if Joe approaches, one sitting will get up and allow him to pass to the door without more than a polite head nod.}}<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--> <!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

Quote:
<!--fonto:Century Gothic--><span style="font-family:Century Gothic"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Joe and leaves the room and makes a right turn following the location directions on the wall. It does not take him more than 5 minutes to get to the section where he needs to be but his path does pass through areas where recruiters are drafting for Raekes.

Among the invites are;

<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->"Sign up and be one of the first to witness the awe of the Nova's first hand. Any combat level welcomed with full assurance of no lasting harm."

"Sign up to outlast one of the infamous Neu-terran and receive a fortune in your currency!"

It appears that the recruiters got at least one Nova to sign up and now their looking for a competitor.
”Joe” thinks, <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->*Right, like I’ll just hang a big sign over my head saying ‘Here! Temporal Manipulator is right here! Ban breaking in progress, better look him up after the match!*<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
Another 5-7 minutes later the path turns to what appears to be cobblestone roadway straight out of old England. The 3-4 story building on either side are well kept and authentic to the era with only some few random accouterments that betray alien origin. A double check on the address tube/key and Joe is assured he is on the right block and he finds the doors to the building a few blocks later. There are a trio of men at the front of the steps, one is standing while the other two set abreast each other blocking the stairs. They are wearing light cotton clothing and might fit right into Old England if not for their smooth pearl-crystalline bracers on one or both arms and their matching orbs of the same material around their necks.
”Joe” thinks, <!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->*Bodyguards? With orbs and bracers?*<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
{{Joe is the only other person on the block right now save for a merchant closing up shop some 50 yards past the men. The ceiling is well over 100 feet and a light fall breeze is blowing in with a very convincing light salty scent from off the ocean. The men do not go out of the way to make eye contact but if Joe approaches, one sitting will get up and allow him to pass to the door without more than a polite head nod.}}<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--> <!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->
Joe moves to the door like he belongs there and is on offical business, nodding to the men as he passes. Upon reaching the door he looks to ring a bell or knocker or some such.

Joe notices a small depression on the side of the doors that matches the tip edge of the crystalline tube. Placing the tube in the slot folds space a mometn and he finds himself on the otherside of the doors. The men are still glancing his way but are doing a professional job at not being obvious in watching Joe. They are definately gyarding the doors and seeing to that nothing goes amiss. They are not seemingly worried about peopel that can enter the doors like Joe adn they look away as he steps toward what appears to be an elevator across the 30' x 60' lobby.

The Elevators are also activated via a similar depression on the side of the wall. Another notch lies on this side of the doors used for entry. The tube needs ot be used for exits as well.

Quote:
After Joe leaves, Allison nods and says, "Anyone here good with computers? I mean, -really- good? The location of the door to Nommikos is somewhere in the station's files, but I'm sure that kind of data is very carefully protected, or else everyone would know by now. The good news is that you'll have help. I'm pretty sure that as long as you give me a little time, I should be able to feel the consequences of what you're about to do before you do it...hopefully that'll give us the edge we'll need."

"That said, I'm no hacker. Not even with 20th Century technology...let alone alien computers from the year fourteen-thousand. Someone else'll have to do the meat of it."

Rama replies,

<!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->"Unless someone wants to volunteer, I'll like to take a stab a stab at it..."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> He smiles confidently. :rolleyes:

"Best I can do is 21 century intrusion. This is well outside my kin, so if you think you can handle it that's what we can go with. Do we have an similar systems that we could get him used to the interface and sample security measures?"

Smite waits for a response, then it occurs to him.

"A moment please."

Sneaking out after Joe, he tried to pick up any observation or tales that he might have picked up. It was a good way to smoke out anyone who was onto you and keep operatives save. He notices the sign for the fight, and files that away for later. He'd consider it, if they could fit it into the schedule, as this could lead them to the other groups of novas and possibly a distraction in way of a Coin Drop.

<!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Verdana--><span style="font-family:Verdana"><!--/fonto-->StarHaven

11:00 hours

Tuesday, December (Suruan) 14, 498 CY

<!--coloro:#ff8c00--><span style="color:#ff8c00"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Allison, Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama, Glean, Kara.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#ff8c00--><span style="color:#ff8c00"><!--/coloro--> <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

The systems are a series of three-dimensional arrays and a few flat panel monitors. The crystalline panels and projectors spring to life when activated and are completely silent. The computer room stands alone and has 4 terminal areas in a square around each other. Asche’s system has several means of input. One is the typical keyboard interface but with well over 300 keys. The second form is a means of connecting with a cybernetic implant and the GUI of the system, like decking in or literally a direct feed between user and machine. Thirdly, is a small electro static sensor that you place behind one of your ears. This method acts as a form or artificial cyberkinesis and allows the user to enter a more direct 3D aspect of the systems. The third method is obviously for one with some level of training but Rama ought to be able to work wonders with method one, or with less than an hour of implementation, he can setup some of his equipment to adapt and form an artificial cybernetic interface.<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--> <!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#0000ff--><span style="color:#0000ff"><!--/coloro-->{{Method one and Rama will have his full skill but this method is going to be slower. Method 2 will be much faster but will merit a minor penalty. Method three is doable but for a heavier penalty and it will be much faster when it works. Imagine method three as a form of MATRIX where the user will interact with all the constructs of the system live and more or less be transported to another world.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#0000ff--><span style="color:#0000ff"><!--/coloro-->Allison’s input with this will overall allow for many less false directions and allow for an overall bonus to all rolls while using any of the methods.}}<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

Quote:
Sneaking out after Joe, he tried to pick up any observation or tales that he might have picked up. It was a good way to smoke out anyone who was onto you and keep operatives save. He notices the sign for the fight, and files that away for later. He'd consider it, if they could fit it into the schedule, as this could lead them to the other groups of novas and possibly a distraction in way of a Coin Drop.

<!--coloro:#ff00ff--><span style="color:#ff00ff"><!--/coloro-->{{<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#ff00ff--><span style="color:#ff00ff"><!--/coloro-->Where are you heading, trying to pick up Joe?
Are you gonna shadow him or catch-up to him?}}

<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Glean would have offered to run the computer query, but he was too distracted by the departure od Joe and Smite.

*"Do they know what their getting into? Does Allison know what might happen here?*

He was plagued by conflicting mental self arguments but ultimately stays quiet and simply shadows Allison quietly.

Quote:
{{ooc: I was planning on shadowing him briefly than doubling back. I want to make sure he didn't pick up a tail or any other kind of observation. }}

The only thing you would note as to who gave him more than the usual atention is the men on the stairs. They do leave him alone however.

<!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Verdana--><span style="font-family:Verdana"><!--/fonto-->StarHaven

11:15 hours

<!--coloro:#ff8c00--><span style="color:#ff8c00"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Allison, Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama, Glean, Kara.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#ff8c00--><span style="color:#ff8c00"><!--/coloro--> <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

Joe inserts the crystal tube into the slot and the elevator transfers the feeling of upward movement into him. It last but 5 seconds and the opposite door he entered slides open to reveal a beautiful foyer. Walls on the right and left don 10-foot high paintings of some noble-woman in light plate armor; the subject of the art is in an obvious pose as if giving a speech to troops to boost morale. The rest of the entry-hall is lined with live plants and greenery. Opposite the elevator is an archway leading into a larger room where female voices can be heard talking. Joe cannot understand the dialect but he is sure he has heard Lathan speak it in some instances during his training. Once he comes past the archway and is seen (the elevator was silent), both women stop talking and look Joes way.<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->One of the women is obviously related to both Toya and Lathan, traits of both are apparent in her features; the above shoulder cut dark hair with an almost artificial silver streaks in it, the full almond shaped eyes, the stunning beauty, all are reflecting the fact that this woman is Tonya Rathien.<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->The second woman stands about 6-foot even, maybe two-inches below Tonya's height. She too has darker hair, possibly brunette and wore very long but pulled into a tight braid behind her back. Her facial features are rough, almost masculine, possibly brought on by many years of life but she too possesses an almost inhuman level of charisma if not raw good-looks. Her eyes are no larger than normal but are a strikingly bright purple and her skin is Caucasian but heavily tanned.<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Both women are standing near a large table and are wearing parts of light plate armor; upper thigh, shin, upper arm; the rest of their armor is stacked up on two nearby chairs. Their light cotton long-sleeve shirts reveal their athletic forms. They are both talking about the large relief map spread out on the table.

<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->The older woman speaks something with a commanding tone and takes a few steps, almost defensive toward Joe but is instantly put at ease by Joes non-threatening demeanor. After a short pause and understanding that he is failing to understand, she says in a perfect English accent;<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->"How can I help you?"<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->The meaning behind her words is and the stressing of the word 'I' , are saying "address me and Tonya or there is going to be trouble.<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->-------------------------------------------------------------<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Meanwhile back in the Rathien apartments, Rama is busy researching with his precog backup. He has already avoided half a dozen dead-switches which would have destroyed the terminals or shorted out his wet-ware, at least this according to Allison. He is busy navigating the lines here and there with nothing more than the words Nomikos as a key. Rama has already picked up several words in the k'ta'viiran tongue that the stations systems are written in and is quick on his way somewhere. He believes it's a data module deep within the core of the station. Then he meets some resistance.

<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->

<!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->The code and structure around him seems to be being re-written as he goes. It is as if another hacker is on the system attempting to counter Rama's approach. This rewriting of the code keeps going on but Allison is able to keep him from getting written out, but barely. Allison informs Rama that it's the station itself, Ta'Hean itself is trying to stop Rama. She is also able to discern (or Whisper is through other means) that the station is in Rama's head acting on the same thing he is but milliseconds before. It is only Allison with her guidance, although verbal, that allows Rama to continue.<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--> <!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->

<!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->-----------------------------------------------------------------

<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->

<!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->Smite is approaching the raeke recruiter and standing in the short line. People about him give lingering glances, especially when he moves but are not brazen enough to make eye contact. When he get to the small recruiter sitting behind the desk, he is presented with choices on a check box card,<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#4169e1--><span style="color:#4169e1"><!--/coloro-->First, describe what you are Raeking for, power, fame, changins states, or simply to show how good you really are.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

• <!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#4169e1--><span style="color:#4169e1"><!--/coloro-->Power Raeke. No holds barred. What you go in with is what you get to use. NO restrictions<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
    • <!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#4169e1--><span style="color:#4169e1"><!--/coloro-->State the level of protection or security you would like, from 1 to 10. 1 is little to no security; if you die we will notify next of kin. 10 is instant recovery to a humiliating defeat; we will notify kin of your cowardice.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--></li>
  • </li>
  • <!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#4169e1--><span style="color:#4169e1"><!--/coloro-->Conditional Raeke. You declare the style of combat be it hands, guns, snowballs, eetc and your opponent declares the level of security.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--></li>
  • <!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#4169e1--><span style="color:#4169e1"><!--/coloro-->Free and open Raeke. You stand ready to challenge any opponent as the arena coaches see fit. This is the most challenging as it will likely test areas you have forgotten about; there is simply no telling what you might be called to do. The degree of power and security is determined by the audience and coaches.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--> <!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--></li>
<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto-->The third option is what Smite is directed to check if he wants to be challenger against the Nova Champion.<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

"Call it pride. I want to see if this Nova has what it takes."

He checks the third box and smiles at the Raek coordinator. He has a wide variety of weapons stored on his person, but it will likely be his skills that will win the day. And honestly, it would be good to get a bead on this champion.

<!--fonto:Verdana--><span style="font-family:Verdana"><!--/fonto-->StarHaven

“Joe” alters his stance and bearing and it’s like switching on a light. Here is someone of importance, of significance, of bearing, and of power. Technically it’s one of Doc’s tricks, but only technically. {Awe Inspiring: On}

Joe responds with regal bearing and poise,

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->”You can tell me what you know and observed of the death of Lilysivana. I have been a very old friend of hers and Asche Lonn said I should speak to you about the details of her death.”<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

(OOC: Joe will active Trickster and/or Persuader as appropriate)

Quote:
<!--coloro:#ff8c00--><span style="color:#ff8c00"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Allison, Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama, Glean, Kara.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
<!--coloro:#ff8c00--><span style="color:#ff8c00"><!--/coloro--> <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

"Joe" alters his stance and bearing and it's like switching on a light. Here is someone of importance, of significance, of bearing, and of power. Technically it's one of Doc's tricks, but only technically. {Awe Inspiring: On}

Joe responds with regal bearing and poise,

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"You can tell me what you know and observed of the death of Lilysivana. I have been a very old friend of hers and Asche Lonn said I should speak to you about the details of her death."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

(OOC: Joe will active Trickster and/or Persuader as appropriate)

The older looks impressed, if not at least awed, at Joe and his smooth reply. He holds himself well against those of high status. Tonya makes eye contact with Joe as well at this pivotal moment and Joe is able to percieve 'energies" flow around both the women and between them. Ultimately it is the older who replies.

"You could be counted as rude in some cultures not introducing yourself, but you use an odd mixture of names, ancient and new. With that you have earned some latitude."

She motions Joe in and approaches him. Her hand shake is offered.
"I am Reaa Corsair, master at arms,the Knights of Loran. "
She words her title not with arrogance, but with respect, as if its her call to make sure 'Loran' is said aloud.

Tonya in the mean time has also left the table they were around just after spreading a cloth over the top of it gracefully and discretely. Her footwork is so light and graceful it nearly perfectly reflects that of her dead mother. Joe reply some memories of similar moments when Lathan was observed by him walking with such grace.

"Have a seat. Please, and let me offer you refreshment. What will you have, wine or water?"
Tonya's words come with a similarly pleasing voice as her mother, but with much more caution, possibly wisdom, behind it. SHe pours whatever Joe asks for and join him sitting opposite him in the four corner sofa arrangement. As she hands him the dring in an elegant goblet, she says;

"I am Tonya Rathien, but you already know that."

{{Pending on how Joe returns the greeting and such, I will continue the conversation.}}

<!--coloro:#ff8c00--><span style="color:#ff8c00"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Allison, Smite, <strike>Chronos</strike>, Crumble, Whisper, Rama, Glean, Kara.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

Joe shakes hands and gives a slight wince at the accusation of rudeness. They're right, he'd gotten in the bad habit of assuming everyone recognized him. He answers them,

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"Water would be good thank you. And I am Joseph Crumb, aka Crumble, former nova elite of Earth. Please call me Joe."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

(To Tonya, in response to her saying that Joe already knew who she was) <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"Yes, I do. You look and move a great deal like her."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
<!--coloro:#ff8c00--><span style="color:#ff8c00"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Allison, Smite, <strike>Chronos</strike>, Crumble, Whisper, Rama, Glean, Kara.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

Joe shakes hands and gives a slight wince at the accusation of rudeness. They're right, he'd gotten in the bad habit of assuming everyone recognized him. He answers them,

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"Water would be good thank you. And I am Joseph Crumb, aka Crumble, former nova elite of Earth. Please call me Joe."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

(To Tonya, in response to her saying that Joe already knew who she was) <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"Yes, I do. You look and move a great deal like her."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

"Thats the benefits of having parents like mine I guess." Tonya smiles as she sits and delivers the water.

Reaa gives a nod to Tonya and then has a seat in a strategicly sound position, not too close to Joe but close enough should he make a sudden move. But she is also positioned away from the discussion circle.

"I will be direct with you, as a friend since I know you are sincere. From our stand over here Joe, were nearly at an impass. Some in the know on PLanet Rathien, where our Palace is,{referring to the Light Wielders, Joe already knows this much, she does not clarfiy.} are not even willing to negotiate with Asche. They know of his original purpose, to build up the terran empire, and would question the loyalty to the House of an Avatar. Some even feel that his projects are somehow tied only to the support of the terran empire. Nova's cant be counted on to do anything more."

Tonya smiles as if to say; 'Thats how some feel but..' Then she continues.

"Our family { the 12 children of Kenton and Lathan} however breathes different air. Some of us were at our fathers side when he left this time a few years ago, and we know better. But you of all people should understand politics and how the governors need to consider the thoughts of the governed. We are on unstable ground and need to be very discrete in how we lend our support. At least for now"

{{Tonya is speaking as if she knows Joe and has a long time. Logic says she read something, possibly what Lathan left behind in a memoir, and even expected this meeting in time. She is not being rude or arrogant in any manner, but she is being forward. It is hard not to see her mother in her eyes}}

<!--coloro:#ff8c00--><span style="color:#ff8c00"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Allison, Smite, Crumble, Whisper, Rama, Glean, Kara.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

Joe nods in understanding and comments,

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"Ah politics. The French have a saying, <!--fonto:Century Gothic--><span style="font-family:Century Gothic"><!--/fonto-->"The more things change, the more they remain the same."<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--> I understand your situation and won’t ask for more than you can give. I would just like to talk about a mutual friend no longer with us.”

“As for my own situation… I have no concern for, much less allegiance to, the Empire. They weren’t even an idea when I left the planet. Your mother befriended me and went out of her way to teach me, and now I find that she’s gone.”

“Worse, the more I learn about how she died the more I find questions and not answers. This was obviously a planed assassination, but it’s not even clear to me that the Knights of Lesture were the ones who did the deed although they flew their colors. Someone snuffed her out like a candle, and my impression is that they totally got away with it.”<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
<!--coloro:#ff8c00--><span style="color:#ff8c00"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Allison, Smite, Crumble, Whisper, Rama, Glean, Kara.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Joe nods in understanding and comments,

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"Ah politics. The French have a saying, <!--fonto:Century Gothic--><span style="font-family:Century Gothic"><!--/fonto-->"The more things change, the more they remain the same."<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--> I understand your situation and won't ask for more than you can give. I would just like to talk about a mutual friend no longer with us."

"As for my own situation… I have no concern for, much less allegiance to, the Empire. They weren't even an idea when I left the planet. Your mother befriended me and went out of her way to teach me, and now I find that she's gone."

"Worse, the more I learn about how she died the more I find questions and not answers. This was obviously a planed assassination, but it's not even clear to me that the Knights of Lesture were the ones who did the deed although they flew their colors. Someone snuffed her out like a candle, and my impression is that they totally got away with it."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Tonya and Reaa are both notably surprised at the conclusion that Lathan was assassinated. It's also not hard for Joe to tell that they both share the same thoughts on the matter.

"A candle she was indeed Joseph." Readd adds in a solemn tone.

Both her and Tonya glance at eash other a short moment and thne back at Joe. It is finally Tonya that speaks after a long pause in thought. It is apparent she is skipping following a logical conversational path as she is assuming Joe knows more than he is alluding.

"My mother chose her successor well in you Joseph, and as usual she is able to act with temporal insight. She must also beleive she was assassinated as well but....."

Tonya stands and asks Joe to come with her.

"Reaa, will you please get the blades."
Reaa rolls up her left sleeve and reveals a crystalline-like pearl arm bracer. She places her right hand on it and vanishes.

"While she gathers the evidence, I want to let you know something. Our orbs.."
She fingers a small orb tight about her neck on a slender silver chain. It is the same size the Incarnates would be and identical save for color; this one is of transparent pearl.
"..were forged by Khamylyon, Khay, and Khayn in concert. Nothing short of their combined power can harm them or make them act out fo their design."

Stll fingering the orb about her neck, she gently pulls on it and it disincorporates another identical orb such that one is now in her hand but the one on her neck is still there. This betrays the fact that she has a Lord Orb on her neck.

"These orbs in particular, and here I am referring to Light Laen, or Lelayan orbs, can only be used by ones sworn to Khamylyon or by ones the Goddess herself has gifted them upon. They are no more that expensive trinkets to any other."

That same moment, the orb she produced shifts form into a small hatchet. Tonya flips the handle around in her hand and offers it to Joe. Once he takes it from her it reverts to the orb he saw moments ago.
Reaa materializes with a bundle in her arms and steps to the table Tonya and Joe are now at in an adjoining room.

Tonya goes on.
"The same goes for any od the Denlayan weapons; even if we as Loranic knights cannot make the orbs useful if its not ours or not our color. The weapons always revert back to the orb state when touched by any other.

She steps and gestures to the bundle that Reaa just placed down. Reaa unwarps it to reveal found long blades and two short curved ones; the shorter are akin to the saracen sword of ancient earth while the other four are simply long-swords. All however are made of Denlayan. Tonya grabs one fo the long swords and hefts it.

"No change to orb state. Not even a hint that it might or even that it was once an orb. These are simply weapons designed to give the appearance that the wielder is a Lesturic Knight."

<!--coloro:#ff8c00--><span style="color:#ff8c00"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Allison, Smite, Crumble, Whisper, Rama, Glean, Kara.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

Quote:
Tonya and Reaa are both notably surprised at the conclusion that Lathan was assassinated. It's also not hard for Joe to tell that they both share the same thoughts on the matter.
Joe shrugs as if to say,

"Well, it was obvious".

Quote:
"My mother chose her successor well in you Joseph, and as usual she is able to act with temporal insight."
Joe doesn't blink, doesn't change expression, this was a possibility, but he'd still gamboled and been wrong,

<!--coloro:red--><span style="color:red"><!--/coloro-->*If I'd known that you know that then I would have come as Doc. Ah well.*<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
She steps and gestures to the bundle that Reaa just placed down. Reaa unwarps it to reveal found long blades and two short curved ones; the shorter are akin to the saracen sword of ancient earth while the other four are simply long-swords. All however are made of Denlayan. Tonya grabs one fo the long swords and hefts it.

"No change to orb state. Not even a hint that it might or even that it was once an orb. These are simply weapons designed to give the appearance that the wielder is a Lesturic Knight."

Joe says,

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"Intersesting.... from the crew that took her down."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Joe looks at the weapons intently (scan) but doesn't touch them. After a moment he relaxes and says,

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"So there's confirmation. Not a shock, but I had only suspected. From the tactics, skills, behavior, and the situation it seemed like the only possible explanation, but brilliant theories can be shot down by brutal facts."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Joe adds more to himself than to them, <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"Chances of another temporal manipulator being there with Sightblinder just went up by 20 percent."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Joe asks,

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"The identity of the guy holding the deathsword is almost meaningless. He would have been a cut out, designed to die and to provide misinformation. But was there any indication after the fact that he had any enhanced speed himself? For that matter was there any other evidence or anomalies that have turned up?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
<!--coloro:#ff8c00--><span style="color:#ff8c00"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Allison, Smite, Crumble, Whisper, Rama, Glean, Kara.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--quoteo(post=2208:date=Aug 7 2007, 05&#58;39 AM:name=Narrator)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Narrator &#064; Aug 7 2007, 05&#58;39 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Tonya and Reaa are both notably surprised at the conclusion that Lathan was assassinated. It's also not hard for Joe to tell that they both share the same thoughts on the matter.
Joe shrugs as if to say,

"Well, it was obvious".

Quote:
"My mother chose her successor well in you Joseph, and as usual she is able to act with temporal insight."
Joe doesn't blink, doesn't change expression, this was a possibility, but he'd still gamboled and been wrong,

<!--coloro:red--><span style="color:red"><!--/coloro-->*If I'd known that you know that then I would have come as Doc. Ah well.*<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:

Joe says,

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"Intersesting.... from the crew that took her down."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Joe looks at the weapons intently (scan) but doesn't touch them. After a moment he relaxes and says,

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"So there's confirmation. Not a shock, but I had only suspected. From the tactics, skills, behavior, and the situation it seemed like the only possible explanation, but brilliant theories can be shot down by brutal facts."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Joe adds more to himself than to them, <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"Chances of another temporal manipulator being there with Sightblinder just went up by 20 percent."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Joe asks,

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"The identity of the guy holding the deathsword is almost meaningless. He would have been a cut out, designed to die and to provide misinformation. But was there any indication after the fact that he had any enhanced speed himself? For that matter was there any other evidence or anomalies that have turned up?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Joes scan of the items reveals an energy about them, much less than the orbs themselves but obviously a seperate energy as if the items are all enchanted in some manner.

"We have interviewed the other two known temporal manipulators adn concluded their innocence. I had an in with them since it was my mother who was slain. And when we tracked the assassins it led us only to the World Serpent where we spent months interviewing and asking about the men. It was apparent that they never entered the World Serpent again."

Tonya puts the sword down after letting it fall in a cutting arc as if to say 'and that was it.'

"Our theories are vast and one that holds up is that they were all from another reality, possibly Tarkanya in Ceryndya or even from another time. Either of those would prevent us tracking them beyond the Serpent. Its been nearly 17 years and its like it happened yesterday. We just cannot let it go. There must be justice."

Reaa seeing that Tonya has left out some answers begins wrapping up the blades.
"There is also the possibility it was someone who knew her well, family even. I know oyu dont like the thoguht Tonya, but Lokymean was working with the Paramanders and this was a well executed attack like they are so good at."

"And Joe, all 4 men moved with grace of the feliine or even elve. And all of them moved at speeds approaching what you would expect a motorcycle, up near 70-80 miles per hour. Then after they assaulted Lathan they teleported away. Her arms had not yet come to a rest."

A moment passes and Tonya speaks up. Her composure is back and full of grace and style she asks;
"Would you like to view the location of the attack first-hand?"

Quote:
"We have interviewed the other two known temporal manipulators adn concluded their innocence. I had an in with them since it was my mother who was slain. And when we tracked the assassins it led us only to the World Serpent where we spent months interviewing and asking about the men. It was apparent that they never entered the World Serpent again."
Joe says,

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"The other two temporal manips had to go into hiding after this for they were no longer three. That hints at their innocence. If it makes you feel better, the ones who got away are probably dead. It's too obvious a move to pass up. I doubt they lived more than a day past the inn. But you killed one of them, did you learn anything from the body?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
"Our theories are vast and one that holds up is that they were all from another reality, possibly Tarkanya in Ceryndya or even from another time. Either of those would prevent us tracking them beyond the Serpent. Its been nearly 17 years and its like it happened yesterday. We just cannot let it go. There must be justice."
Joe says,

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"Hmm..."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Reaa seeing that Tonya has left out some answers begins wrapping up the blades.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Joe says,

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"Hold up. I'd like to take one of those with me if I may. I suspect I have some information sources you don't and I'd like to bring them into play."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->"There is also the possibility it was someone who knew her well, family even. I know you dont like the thought Tonya, but Lokymean was working with the Paramanders and this was a well executed attack like they are so good at."<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Joe says,

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"What happened to Lokymean after the attack?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->"And Joe, all 4 men moved with grace of the feliine or even elve. And all of them moved at speeds approaching what you would expect a motorcycle, up near 70-80 miles per hour. Then after they assaulted Lathan they teleported away. Her arms had not yet come to a rest."<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Joe says,

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"Like they were temporally accellerated? And what were their other armorments?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->A moment passes and Tonya speaks up. Her composure is back and full of grace and style she asks;

"Would you like to view the location of the attack first-hand?"<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Joe says,

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"Yes please. If you could, I'd like you to walk me through it on the spot."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

StarHaven

Participants: Allison, Smite, Crumble, Whisper, Rama, Glean, Kara.

<!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->Reaa readily allows Joe to take whichever item he wants from the bundle before she wraps it.

Tonya :

"No Joe, the two time lords are still alive today, in hiding as it were, but alive and well. We have contact with them both a few times a year."

Reaa:

"What we learned about the body was no more than we would from a typical corpse. Nothing was gleaned that offered any solution to where they were from or who or what they were."

Tonya:

"Lokymean? He is alive and well even today. He has not been active with the Paramanders (Balance knights) since Kentons giving his essence to Asche but he is very active in duties supporting House Rathien. Aside from myself, Toya and him, you might not find eager ears to side with you among the Rathien Children. Be aware no Joe, Lokymean is my youngest brother and denies any iinvolvement. He claims he would have found some way of warning us if he knew mother was targetted."

Tonya:

"The assassins were all wearing full chainmail adorned in the Knights of Lesture but as oyu can see, we dont beleive they were really wielders."

"We can depart in a about an hour if you like and we'll take you to the site of attack. Prepare yourself however Joseph, where we are going the very reality forbids artificial intelligence or simulcra of any form. If there are any more of you anywhere, I would gather into the original before you departed, unless loss of agents is of no consequence."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

StarHaven

Quote:
<!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->Reaa readily allows Joe to take whichever item he wants from the bundle before she wraps it.
"Joe" reflects,

<!--coloro:red--><span style="color:red"><!--/coloro-->*We'll just see what Allison has to make of this.*<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
Tonya :

"No Joe, the two time lords are still alive today, in hiding as it were, but alive and well. We have contact with them both a few times a year."

Tonya:

"Lokymean? He is alive and well even today. He has not been active with the Paramanders (Balance knights) since Kentons giving his essence to Asche but he is very active in duties supporting House Rathien. Aside from myself, Toya and him, you might not find eager ears to side with you among the Rathien Children. Be aware no Joe, Lokymean is my youngest brother and denies any iinvolvement. He claims he would have found some way of warning us if he knew mother was targetted."

Joe answers,

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"My point is that it's been 18 years, and who ever was behind this showed great skill in planning and great resources. Or put another way, who gained from this? Maybe, maybe the other two time lords gained somewhat by snuffing out a rival, but they also lost somewhat. It'd take a lot of hate to balance those scales, but the whole thing seems pretty cold blooded to me. The same comment applies to Lokymean, off hand it doesn't sound like he gained a whole lot from her death. Being family, passions can run deep, but by the same token if he hated her enough to take the time and energy to plan and carry out this sort of thing, I'd think there would be a lot of known history. Or if he was working with the prime mover in this and not the big guy himself, then like the surviving hit men he too might have 'vanished'."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Joe shrugs and says,

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"Obviously we're missing pieces to this puzzle. But if it were easy then it'd have already be done."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
"We can depart in a about an hour if you like and we'll take you to the site of attack. Prepare yourself however Joseph, where we are going the very reality forbids artificial intelligence or simulcra of any form. If there are any more of you anywhere, I would gather into the original before you departed, unless loss of agents is of no consequence."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
Joe says,

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"An hour would be fine for me. I'd like to take a friend or perhaps two. I know someone a lot better than me at things tactical. He could have useful insight into this. He's around but I don't know what he's up to, I'll have to ask."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Doc picks up a phone (or equiv communicator) and attempts to get Smite online. If he does he says,

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"Smite. Right before we parted we talked about doing something. How would you like to see the site and get a first hand description of what historically happened?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
<!--coloro:#ff8c00--><span style="color:#ff8c00"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Allison, Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama, Glean, Kara.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
<!--coloro:#ff8c00--><span style="color:#ff8c00"><!--/coloro-->
<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
<!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Meanwhile back in the Rathien apartments, Rama is busy researching with his precog backup. He has already avoided half a dozen dead-switches which would have destroyed the terminals or shorted out his wet-ware, at least this according to Allison. He is busy navigating the lines here and there with nothing more than the words Nomikos as a key. Rama has already picked up several words in the k'ta'viiran tongue that the stations systems are written in and is quick on his way somewhere. He believes it's a data module deep within the core of the station. Then he meets some resistance.
<!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->The code and structure around him seems to be being re-written as he goes. It is as if another hacker is on the system attempting to counter Rama's approach. This rewriting of the code keeps going on but Allison is able to keep him from getting written out, but barely. Allison informs Rama that it's the station itself, Ta'Hean itself is trying to stop Rama. She is also able to discern (or Whisper is through other means) that the station is in Rama's head acting on the same thing he is but milliseconds before. It is only Allison with her guidance, although verbal, that allows Rama to continue.<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--> <!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

{{Rama needs some mental shielding or Allison needs to come up with another means of getting Ta'Hean to back down. Otherwise the rest of this activity will be less productive.}}

Quote:
StarHaven

Doc picks up a phone (or equiv communicator) and attempts to get Smite online. If he does he says,

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"Smite. Right before we parted we talked about doing something. How would you like to see the site and get a first hand description of what historically happened?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

"Got it. I've got this taken care of. I'll be there in a flash. "

He takes off from the booth after getting his details, and heads back with all the speed he could muster. It was a good thing he was immune to friction or the sonic booms would have been terrible.

Quote:
StarHaven

He takes off from the booth after getting his details, and heads back with all the speed he could muster. It was a good thing he was immune to friction or the sonic booms would have been terrible.

{{surprisingly, or maybe not, Smite become aware that there are no 'side-effects' to his speed. NO boom, no sign of friction, he just speeds away and reality does not try and stop him.}}

Smite arrives at the steps and sees the three men in light cotton and all are wearing their crystalline bracers, pearl in hue. From Smites vantage, thay are running defense for the structure behind them and are like only part of a larger team; the remaining 2-3 members are out of sight presently.

It is now 11:25. The Raeke is not until 20:00

StarHaven

Realizing what was about to happen, Allison quickly called, "Whisper, I need you to join us, now! The station has an intelligence that's getting into Rama's mind and using that to counter his attempts to get in!"

Quote:
StarHaven

Realizing what was about to happen, Allison quickly called, "Whisper, I need you to join us, now! The station has an intelligence that's getting into Rama's mind and using that to counter his attempts to get in!"

All business, Whisper looks up from where she was pretending not to watch the procedings and nods.

"I'll try," she agrees. "It might be easier if I can set up a telepathic gestalt between us three. Then you could send your predictions to him at the speed of thought."

StarHaven

Quote:

Joe looks up and says,

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"Good, he's free. With his enhanced speed he'll be here in a few moments. Ah... you might want to let security know he's coming, he'll probably be here before I can go outside to greet him."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Joe finishes wrapping up one of the long swords and continues,

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"I have no business in this realm that can't wait, I'll be ready to go when he gets here."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Joe goes to greet Smite.

Quote:
StarHaven

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=2221:date=Aug 9 2007, 01&#58;52 PM:name=Allison)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Allison &#064; Aug 9 2007, 01&#58;52 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->StarHaven

All business, Whisper looks up from where she was pretending not to watch the procedings and nods.

"I'll try," she agrees. "It might be easier if I can set up a telepathic gestalt between us three. Then you could send your predictions to him at the speed of thought."
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Whisper is quickly and almost painfully inducted into the close relationship with Ta'Hean. This entity is nearly purely mental and she can feel the vast reserves at its beck and call. The telepath quickly decides the better part of valor and tries her best not to erect a raw defense in Rama's mind, but to cloak his presence from the organic structure all her team is now in.
Stress is visible on her for a few moments until finally she tells Allison and Rama through the rapport that its safe. For now.

Allison notes that defenses against Rama quickly fall away and the illusion of the crowd clearing to let you pass is felt. It's just a matter of time now.

{{Rama will ultimately get the information you all need, or at least what Starhaven has to offer.}}

Quote:
"I believe that I am expected gentlemen. Or I will be in moments. I would advise letting me through. "

Smite will wait for security to give the go ahead or evidence hostile intent.

It is about that time, nearly perfect timing actually, that Joe opens the lobby doors. The trio of men glance at Smite and then at Joe, then with polite smiles let Smite pass.

Once upstairs again when the two women, and after proper introductions, Tonya remarks to Smite.
"I always found it interesting to read about your aura, may I call you Thomas? You woul fit right in with the advanced guard for the Knights of Lesture as they are similarly surrounded."

...I think that did it. This thing is way too strong to fight head on...but it also has its attention diverted all around the station, and I have a lot of experience...covering my tracks, so to speak. The upshot is that I've managed to hide Rama's intrusion from this monster's attention. He should be able to get in now. If it notices us, we have to bail, and fast. Allison, we'll need you to sense that coming, because we do -not- want to be on the business end of what this thing has got.

Now, if it's all right with you two, I'm going to link you together, so you can share info more quickly than talking.

Archived