Aberrant: Ba'alt - Re: Of Flesh and Future III

Narrator

Quote:
<!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->"If what you say is true, we should finish what we came here to do. Kara, Doc...what would the ramifications be of StarHaven ending? It was my understanding that it was both extra-dimensional and omni-dimensional simultaneously..."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
Joe says,

<!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->"I'm Joe. And I'm not comfortable speculating about the why of it here. This is going to be big and bad."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=1891:date=Apr 20 2007, 06&#58;11 PM:name=Rama)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rama &#064; Apr 20 2007, 06&#58;11 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->"If what you say is true, we should finish what we came here to do. Kara, Doc...what would the ramifications be of StarHaven ending? It was my understanding that it was both extra-dimensional and omni-dimensional simultaneously..."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
Joe says,

<!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->"I'm Joe. And I'm not comfortable speculating about the why of it here. This is going to be big and bad."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Allison looks at Toya, then tugs her sleeve and says, "Come on," including Glean with a wave of her hand. "Something's wrong. D...I mean Joe's really upset."

She hurries back to where the others are.

"Joe, what's going on? You said something about everything -ending-? I'm not sure I understand...I didn't think you could see events through time."

Glean had been listenting carefully to all the com chatter when Allison says to go with her.Under his breath to Allison he says;

"There is nothing here Al, I mean, nothing abnormal being that were in a place in space that does not really exist at any point in space or time. Joe must be seeing something he is not accustomed to and he cant fathom it. But if you see something coming anytime soon, let me know and were gone."

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"I don't see events. I see time. It goes forward, it goes back, and I'm always "Now". Here I look forward and past a point I don't see anything. Maybe, hopefully, that's the nature of this place and it creates time as it goes... but I don't think so. (To Allison) Let's reverse the question, what do you see in this place's future?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"I don't see events. I see time. It goes forward, it goes back, and I'm always "Now". Here I look forward and past a point I don't see anything. Maybe, hopefully, that's the nature of this place and it creates time as it goes... but I don't think so. (To Allison) Let's reverse the question, what do you see in this place's future?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Allison consders for a moment, then nods. "I'll look. But first, I want to make a couple of points. Glean pointed out, and I agree, that spacetime in Star Haven is completely unlike any natural, or even most artificial, universes. You may be misinterpreting what you're sensing, just because you've never sensed anything like it before. One reason I say that is because Star Haven, even all by itself, is such an important, powerful thing that I think I would sense it's impending destruction some distance off. The fact that we would now be threatened by it, along with countless beings who are intimately connected to the very fabric of the universe itself, says to me that if it was going to be destroyed, the ripples back in time would be huge, and I'd feel them a long ways off."

"That said...I'll take a look. Be ready to catch me if I faint."

That said, Allison carefully extends her senses out of the here and now...into the then and later.

StarHaven

10:20 hours

Tuesday, December (Suruan) 14, 498 CY

<!--coloro:#ff8c00--><span style="color:#ff8c00"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Allison, Smite, <strike>Chronos,</strike> Crumble, Whisper, Rama, Glean, Kara.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->As Allisons looks into the far away Toya looks at her with concern. She then looks over at Joe again with the same concern.

"I hate to say this but Joe, Allison, whatever you might be experiencing might be a side effect of you all simply being a Nova. This is the first time StarHaven has had Nova's in it."

She places a hand on Joes shoulder consolingly and looks around at everyone else in the team.

"Have you all gotten an apartment here yet? If not, I can take you to one of ours. I think there might be a good place to wind down and adjust to whats going on for a few hours instead of becoming a spectacle to others. Matter of fact, lets just go to mine right now."

Toya then politely 'pushes' Joe and the rest of the team to follow her.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

StarHaven

<!--coloro:#ff8c00--><span style="color:#ff8c00"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Allison, Smite, Crumble, Whisper, Rama, Glean, Kara.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Joe shrugs, not agreeing but not willing to argue the point. He does obviously agree that this should be taken off the street however as he follows Toya and keeps and eye on Allison.

Quote:
StarHaven
<!--coloro:#ff8c00--><span style="color:#ff8c00"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Allison, Smite, Crumble, Whisper, Rama, Glean, Kara.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Joe shrugs, not agreeing but not willing to argue the point. He does obviously agree that this should be taken off the street however as he follows Toya and keeps and eye on Allison.

Just as Toya finishes talking, Allison opens her eyes. Her expression is thoughtful. She agrees to wait until the group is somewhere more private before revealing what she saw though.

Once they're at Toya's place, she begins...

"I've never seen anything quite like this," she says. "First things first though....StarHaven isn't going to end. Not exactly. It may very well change dramatically though. As far as I can tell, there are two timelines coexisting simultaneously. In one of them, StarHaven is unspeakably old; maybe older than anything else in the cosmos. In the other, it's Ba'laan's creation and still nominally loyal to him. I think the reason you see Starhaven collapsing is because those two lines are on a collision course. One will persist...possibly altered, but more or less intact. The other will cease to be."

"But none of that is immediate. It won't happen anytime soon, or even during our visit."

Glean too, nearly begrudgingly, agrees to go along with Toya. He is only comforted by the fact that Allison seems at ease with this strange new woman. He follows along, close to Allison but with a concerned eye on Chronos until they get to Toya's apartment. Once there, he seems to relax a little, but only a little.

"It is good to hear that were relatively safe while were here anyhow. The rest of the detials are gibberish to me really; one timeline ending at the same time another takes over blah blah. As long as I cant see it I dont need to worry about it."

He grins lightly to Toya and eevn more slightly to Kara, if she is here, then finds a place to sit near Allison.

StarHaven

Participants: Allison, Smite, Chronos, Crumble, Whisper, Rama, Glean, Kara.

Kara continues to look for those who are in need. When she notes that a guard is keeping people from her, she measures up the guard and stretches her senses for unobvious powers and weapons.

Kara notes Rama’s comment about Crumble and slowly starts making her way through the crowd. What for Crumble seems like an eternity is in reality just a few moments. She too stretches her senses to Crumble and looks for any attacks or manipulations on his node and body. She wants to make sure that there is nothing life threatening that is going on with him.

Kara keeps her distance from the group to see if there is a direct attack on Crumble. She will follow them up to Toya’s apartment.

StarHaven

Participants: Allison, Smite, Crumble, Whisper, Rama, Glean, Kara.

Crumble nods slowly at Alision's statement and raises an eyebrow at Gleans. He says,

<!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->"I wouldn't want to be here when it happens. My first thought on this is it could be good news for us. Someone is going to get his comeuppance. My second thought is… well… I can’t tell which one is going to go and which one is going to stay. Unless Alison can tell, I think this just says that something BIG is coming this way event-wise.”

“And other than that, we shouldn’t worry too much about it right now.”<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

The Hallways

When Allison returns with the newcomer, Rama bows in the yogic fashion to her.

<!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->"Nomoskar. I am Rama Sri Shivananda. Thank you for your hospitality."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Toya's apartment

Rama reiterates his earlier comment,

<!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->

"Perhaps it is best then if we do what we came here to do..."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
Toya's apartment

<!--coloro:#4169e1--><span style="color:#4169e1"><!--/coloro-->
"Perhaps it is best then if we do what we came here to do..."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

From his sitting position near Allison Glean says;
"Agreed. Perhaps we ought to hide out here until the first arena fight starts when everyone is in the main view and go to the computer or control room?"

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=1914:date=Apr 30 2007, 12&#58;47 PM:name=Rama)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rama &#064; Apr 30 2007, 12&#58;47 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Toya's apartment

<!--coloro:#4169e1--><span style="color:#4169e1"><!--/coloro-->

From his sitting position near Allison Glean says;
"Agreed. Perhaps we ought to hide out here until the first arena fight starts when everyone is in the main view and go to the computer or control room?"

Allison nods. "I agree...we'll need to work out what precautions there are and so on, but..." She surveys the group. "Whisper, you're a telepath right?"

Startled at being addressed, Whisper gives Allison a wary glance. "Yeah."

"A strong one?"

A smirk curved Whisper's lips. "Strong enough. Usually."

Allison nods and says simply, "Starhaven has a consciousness. Would you see if you can communicate with it? Directly?"

Whisper's eyes flick quickly to the others, as if suspecting there's a joke being played on her. "The space station has a mind?"

"Yes," Allison confirms. "It's alive. Sort of. I can't tell exactly how, because I've never seen anything like it before. But it's part of the web, it shares life force."

"That doesn't mean it thinks," Whisper points out. "Microbes are alive too, but they don't have much to say."

"It has a name," Allison adds. "Or...a name is connected to it somehow. I think it would be a good place to start. Ta'Hean."

Whisper looks at Allison skeptically, but finally nods. "All right. I'll see what I can do."

"Thanks." Allison regards the others. "Anything the rest of you can do to find out about the technological systems and encryption and so on...that's still necessary. And if you find a clue about what Ta'Hean is, or what it means, please let me know."

Rama leaves Kara to join the rest of the group as she continues to make her security sweep.

She looks at the flow of the energies and gets the twinge of homesickness as she recognizes the signatures of the energies of her people. She feels the warmth and comfort of being close to home. She sees the familiar wards of protection from scrying and other attacks. She admires the handiwork of the ultra magitech of her people. Nothing less an onslaught from an army could attack this section of the station without and even then it would be a tough fight. Because of her code of honor, Kara had sworn to only use these technologies only as a last resort. Now it was nice that she could flex a bit with no worries of going against her ethics.

Kara approaches Toya’s apartment and knocks on the door as she opens it.

“Toya,” she asks knowing full well that Toya is inside. “Hi Auntie!”

Kara moves through the group to where Toya is at and gives her a hug and a kiss on each cheek. Kara is moved with excitement and enthusiasm to be with family.

“It is so good to see you! I thought that I was going to see you in Arabar but Lokymean told me that you were home training. I could have used your talents in settling some matters. Anyways, it is great to see you! We totally need to catch up! Where is the rest of the family? My father sent word that he was going to be here but he didn’t say if my mom was coming. Do you know?”

Kara then catches herself.

“I am sorry. Where are my manners? What am I interrupting? Doc, are you feeling better? It looks like the stations reality gave you a little slap in the face to let you know who is boss here. How are the rest of you feeling?

Joe gives Kara a half leer, the kind that the more prim Doc never gives her, and says <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"Doc?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Getting more serious he says,

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"If I thought it was delibrate I'd feel better."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
"It has a name," Allison adds. "Or...a name is connected to it somehow. I think it would be a good place to start. Ta'Hean."

Whisper looks at Allison skeptically, but finally nods. "All right. I'll see what I can do."

"Thanks." Allison regards the others. "Anything the rest of you can do to find out about the technological systems and encryption and so on...that's still necessary. And if you find a clue about what Ta'Hean is, or what it means, please let me know."

Toya graciously slides over to Whisper and Allison.

"I dont need to ask where you heard that name but I can ask no, warn, that you dont use it out of this room. You too please Whisper. That is the name of I guess you can call it the 'metal' that makes StarHaven. It's alive yes but I wouldnt go so far as to say it has a conciousness."

"Then Whisper, if I could suggest something."
Toya produces out of thin air a circlet or band that might be worn around the forehead. One side has a flat on it the size of a quarter with some small red and brown stones.
"If you see someone wearing one like this on their head, it means they are a master class or better telepath. They might not take too well to your carousing."

Toya smiles again as she places the circlet back into thin air. "No, I am not a master class, I collect these though. That happened to be one from a naughty Haytyan I ran into a few weeks back."

Quote:
"Toya," she asks knowing full well that Toya is inside. "Hi Auntie!"

Kara moves through the group to where Toya is at and gives her a hug and a kiss on each cheek. Kara is moved with excitement and enthusiasm to be with family.

"It is so good to see you! I thought that I was going to see you in Arabar but Lokymean told me that you were home training. I could have used your talents in settling some matters. Anyways, it is great to see you! We totally need to catch up! Where is the rest of the family? My father sent word that he was going to be here but he didn't say if my mom was coming. Do you know?"

Kara then catches herself.

"I am sorry. Where are my manners? What am I interrupting? Doc, are you feeling better? It looks like the stations reality gave you a little slap in the face to let you know who is boss here. How are the rest of you feeling?

Toya rells after the onslaught of questions from Kara and the two welcome each other more like long lost sisters than Aunt/Niece. Toya is definately reciprocating the excitement. After the short reply from Joe, Toya replies with a grin.

"Yes I am sorry I missed you when you were in Arabar, I was tting up some loose ends for State and all. Which reminds me, I have something for Kaelan if he shows up. But at least were seeing each other now, it must ahve been over 7 years! Time passes too swiftly when away from loved ones and I am afraid only Lokymean is here now but I think Tonya and Fiestara are going to be here later. AS far as Chrystyne goes, I am afraid I have not spoken with her since her going backtime to earth."

Toya leans in close as if to whisper something to Kara but nothing is ever said.

"Did I hear from a little birdy that you all are looking to do some digging in the info-terms?"
This she addresses to the group with more direction to the seemingly upset Joe.

"Is there anything I can offer you, Joe? Tea, wine?"

Quote:
Kara's face immediately turns through several colors of red from her embarrassment. "Joe!! I am sorry. You just look so much like a younger version of Doc and a lot of your mannerisms are similar."
Joe replies,

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"No problem,"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> and ran his hand through his full, thick head of hair... hair that was noticeably lacking in Doc who suffered from male pattern baldness.

Mentally “Joe” recorded another point in the game the Mega-Intelligent and/or Mega-Manipulative sometimes play with each other. Kara knew who he is. He knew this. She knew he knew, and he knew that as well… but both of them pretend they don’t know, and Kara had apparently forgotten this momentarily. Of course by his count “Joe” was still behind on points. Kara’s social skills were mostly better than his. Neither of them were very serious about it, but it still felt good. Briefly Joe considered she might have been feeding him a line deliberately to reinforce his ego after his run in with the future of this timeline. He was sure she could blush on demand, but he quickly dismissed the train of thought as counter productive.

Quote:
This she addresses to the group with more direction to the seemingly upset Joe.

"Is there anything I can offer you, Joe? Tea, wine?"
"Joe" replies,

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"A little wine would be wonderful."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

“Joe” sits at an info-station (if one is available) and learns its use by researching for things that will happen in the future, schedules and the like, as well as general traffic patterns and current events and social customs.

Quote:
"Joe" sits at an info-station (if one is available) and learns its use by researching for things that will happen in the future, schedules and the like, as well as general traffic patterns and current events and social customs.

{{{OOC: There are no computer terms readily available (read:line of sight) but something might be had in a room off the main one whish the team is in. This large apartment is really more of a small estate, at least 8 rooms of which 3 doors and archways can be seen from here. Knowing this, Joe might of simply asked for where one might be adn thus Toya would of replied:}}}

"Well there are public ones down hall seven but you have to deal with all the public. We have a couple private ones here Joe but, let me make sure the room is presentable first ok? I'll be right back."

Toya then walks down the other side of the room and through an archways. The sound of a door closing is then heard as she enters some unseen room around the corner of the hall. Apparently she will come and tell Joe when its ready in a moment or two.

Kara watches Joe sip his wine, Glean shadow Allison, Allison looking at Toya's apartment. She tries to break the silence and make the conversation more relaxed by asking the group:

"So are you all excited to see the Raekes? It is interesting to see what people ask for. You might be inspired to put your names on the list for a Raeke once you see what they are all about."

<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#ff0000--><span style="color:#ff0000"><!--/coloro-->{{ NARRATIVE UPDATE. }}

<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->StarHaven

10:30 hours

<!--coloro:#ff8c00--><span style="color:#ff8c00"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Allison, Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama, Glean, Kara.

<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

After about 2 minutes, plenty of time for Joe to enjoy a drop of two of the wine and the rest of the party to get more comfortable, Toya returns to the room.

"Joe, I have a terminal ready now if you like. Come on back."

Joe is perhaps half way across the room when from the adjacent room where Toya is leading him, Asche comes walking out. He has a look akin to being caught with his hands in the cookie jar. He seems nearly embarrassed but his medium complexion hides the red glow of blushing well. He's wearing what looks like a thick wetsuit of deep blue-gray color and his black-gray hair is cut short. As always he is carrying no weapon and a small red-black orb is hung on a choker at his neck.

"I was never one for entrances my friends, please forgive me"

He extends his hand in greeting to Joe as he steps the last few steps to meet him.

"Nice to meet you. I don't think I have had this pleasure of meeting you."

Then turning to the rest of the group, with a lingering smile and head bow to Kara and Allison, he greets everyone as old friends except for Rama, Whisper, and Glean.

"It is grand to see a new faces joining the cause. My name is Asche Lonn (Ash Lawn)."

He says as he approaches the new ones and entends his hand.

<!--coloro:#0000ff--><span style="color:#0000ff"><!--/coloro-->{{Asche is a good looking man of about 6'10" and seems to weigh about 280 pounds. He knows his way about the conversation HIGH Manip and Charisma but at the present is keeping things at a level that does not hinder with minds. He does seem very respectable and trustworthy and no one will find any fault in his manner.}}<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

StarHaven

Participants: Allison, Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama, Glean, Kara.

Kara's attempt at conversation and making the group remember the festival that they were here for ends short when she says Asche enter the room. Asche may only give a head bow to Kara but she glances at Allison for a second and rushes Asche and gives him a big bear hug.

"Asche!!! It is so good to see you!! This is Rama, Glean and Whisper," Kara motions to each and introduces them to Asche.

It is obvious to everyone that Kara is extremely happy to see Asche. It looks as if the weight of the universe is off her shoulders in his presense.

StarHaven

<!--coloro:#ff8c00--><span style="color:#ff8c00"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Allison, Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama, Glean, Kara. <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
Joe is perhaps half way across the room when from the adjacent room where Toya is leading him, Asche comes walking out. He has a look akin to being caught with his hands in the cookie jar. He seems nearly embarrassed but his medium complexion hides the red glow of blushing well. He's wearing what looks like a thick wetsuit of deep blue-gray color and his black-gray hair is cut short. As always he is carrying no weapon and a small red-black orb is hung on a choker at his neck.

"I was never one for entrances my friends, please forgive me"

He extends his hand in greeting to Joe as he steps the last few steps to meet him.

"Nice to meet you. I don't think I have had this pleasure of meeting you."

:blink::huh: <strike>Joe</strike> Chronos tries to remember whether or not he’d ever told Asche that his bodyguard was a fiction, then he wonders if this could be Asche from before they’d met, then he scans him to check to see if it’s actually Asche.
Quote:
Kara's attempt at conversation and making the group remember the festival that they were here for ends short when she says Asche enter the room. Asche may only give a head bow to Kara but she glances at Allison for a second and rushes Asche and gives him a big bear hug.

"Asche!!! It is so good to see you!! This is Rama, Glean and Whisper," Kara motions to each and introduces them to Asche.

Joe says earnestly,

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->“Pleased to meet you sir, and I’m Joe Crumb. I’m a friend of Doc’s.”<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Kara still holds on to Asche's arm as a granddaughter holds on to her grandpa and just feels the familiar comfort of being with her families Patriarch. After all, although Asche is a newer name, he has the same spirit of the one who founded her people.

When Joe introduces himself to Asche, she could have sworn that Asche was at least aware of Joe. He must have been introduced to Asche years ago. She would not be one to make another social mistake of not introducing Joe to Asche if this was not the case.

"Wow, I am all of a sudden parched. I need a drink. Since I am up can I get anyone else a drink?" Kara walks towards the kitchen to look to see what she can find for refreshments.

StarHaven

<!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->Asche returns the hug to Kara and then places his hand on hers as she grasps onto his arm.

"It is good to see you Kara, and well to see that the team is healthy and aware."

Then still adressing Joe, he asks;

"Where is the Doctor right now anyway? I was expecting to see him here."

As he asks Joe, he is also greeting Rama, and Whisper with nod and smile as he shakes their hands.

<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

StarHaven

Quote:
Then still adressing Joe, he asks;

"Where is the Doctor right now anyway? I was expecting to see him here."

Joe answers easily,

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"Oh, he'll probably turn up. Should I go looking for him?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

StarHaven

Smite had said little as the talk of time lines had been bandied about. He was out of his depth, and he knew it well. They were stuck in a Schrodinger's Cat scenario, and they were getting close to someone opening the box. He'd prefer a Starhaven not loyaled to be the big bad, but he'd rather be alive. When Asche came into view, it was heartening as he had a pretty good track history of pulling Dues Ex Machina out of his pocket.

"Its good to see you to. "

StarHaven

<!--coloro:#ff8c00--><span style="color:#ff8c00"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Allison, Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama, <!--coloro:#0000ff--><span style="color:#0000ff"><!--/coloro-->Glean<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->, Kara.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->At seeing Asche walk in from the back room, Glean gets a tad fidgety. He still stands near Allison but puts himself in a position where he can put someone else between himself and the old consultant of the team, or whatever he was. To the untrained eye it appears Glean is just shifting positions strategically to better protect Allison and Chronos but to one versed in mnemonics it is easy to see Glean is a bit uncomfortable.

"Nice to see you Asche. I have heard so much about you."

Glean says with a nod but is too far away to offer his hand. His face still hidden in his helmet.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->StarHaven

10:40 hours

Tuesday, December (Suruan) 14, 498 CY<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#ff8c00--><span style="color:#ff8c00"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Allison, Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama, Glean, Kara. <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Kara goes through the kitchen and grabs a couple of hurricane glasses. She opens the refrigerator and grabs some ice. Then she opens a cupboard and produces Vodka, Rum, Sweet and Sour mix, Tequila, Gin, and soda. She grabs a shaker and start mixing a couple of long island ice teas with a little kick. She then calls out to the rest of the group, "Are you sure none of you would like a drink to relax?"

<!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->StarHaven

Tuesday, December (Suruan) 14, 498 CY<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Joe answers Kara, <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"I'm good, thank you."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

*He was expecting Doc. Therefore this isn't an accidental meeting. Shall I ask the obvious question(s)? No... let's just wait and see what comes up.*

Joe takes a seat, makes small talk, and observes everyone.

StarHaven

<!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->Glean is still merely staying back near Allison. He gestures a 'No thanks' to Kara if she is in line of sight and continues to observe quietly.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
StarHaven

<!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->Glean is still merely staying back near Allison. He gestures a 'No thanks' to Kara if she is in line of sight and continues to observe quietly.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

(sorry for delay...it will continue through the coming week...hopefully clearing up towards the month's end)

Allison breaks into a grin on seeing Asche, but waits for the others to do their thing before going to give him a hug and a 'hello.' She then takes a seat on one of the couches.

"It's good to see you...we didn't, even I didn't expect you to be here. But I'm glad you're here."

She grins.

"We're up to no good again, as usual."

StarHaven

<!--coloro:#ff8c00--><span style="color:#ff8c00"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Allison, Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama, Glean, Kara.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Whisper gives Asche an appreciative, even rather flirtatious smile. Oddly, she doesn't look surprised when he enters, nor even when his name is introduced.

"So this is the famous Asche. The architect behind this whole quiet divine insurrection. You look younger than I thought...but then, what's age to a time-traveler?"

She gives a wry look at 'Joe,' then looks back at Asche, yawning and stretching out in a way that shows off her stunning good looks, as if by accident.

"So...here to socialize with us, or give us a mission of dire importance, or...?" she leaves the last question dangling.

Quote:
StarHaven

Kara goes through the kitchen and grabs a couple of hurricane glasses. She opens the refrigerator and grabs some ice. Then she opens a cupboard and produces Vodka, Rum, Sweet and Sour mix, Tequila, Gin, and soda. She grabs a shaker and start mixing a couple of long island ice teas with a little kick. She then calls out to the rest of the group, "Are you sure none of you would like a drink to relax?"

Asche give a wink to Kara as she offers and holds up his hand acknowledging he will partake of her concoction. He then begins walking to the main room to find a seat.

Quote:
StarHaven

Joe answers Kara, "I'm good, thank you."

*He was expecting Doc. Therefore this isn't an accidental meeting. Shall I ask the obvious question(s)? No... let's just wait and see what comes up.*

Joe takes a seat, makes small talk, and observes everyone.

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=1998:date=May 15 2007, 01&#58;35 AM:name=Glean)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Glean &#064; May 15 2007, 01&#58;35 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
StarHaven

Glean is still merely staying back near Allison. He gestures a 'No thanks' to Kara if she is in line of sight and continues to observe quietly.

(sorry for delay...it will continue through the coming week...hopefully clearing up towards the month's end)

Allison breaks into a grin on seeing Asche, but waits for the others to do their thing before going to give him a hug and a 'hello.' She then takes a seat on one of the couches.

"It's good to see you...we didn't, even I didn't expect you to be here. But I'm glad you're here."

She grins.

"We're up to no good again, as usual."

Returning an enthusiastic hug to Allison, Asche says;

"I apologize for not announcing in advance that I would see you here but I had to take steps to ensure I had control of as much of our meeting as possible. IF you had known of our meeting it would have meant that others might have found out also."

Then whispering into her ear in a low tone just before he lets go;

"All you had to do was really look and you would have saw. You're too used to looking for danger that you don't see good things."

He grins and takes a seat across from Chronos. The living room has plenty of seating for the team to meet in.

Quote:
StarHaven

Whisper gives Asche an appreciative, even rather flirtatious smile. Oddly, she doesn't look surprised when he enters, nor even when his name is introduced.

"So this is the famous Asche. The architect behind this whole quiet divine insurrection. You look younger than I thought...but then, what's age to a time-traveler?"

She gives a wry look at 'Joe,' then looks back at Asche, yawning and stretching out in a way that shows off her stunning good looks, as if by accident.

"So...here to socialize with us, or give us a mission of dire importance, or...?" she leaves the last question dangling.

Asche returns the smile to Whisper and quickly runs a few fingers through his hair as if to straighten some out of place.

"Architect is too strong a title. I prefer the term Arbiter. And I am just here really to finally get to see you all face to face instead of through the words of the proverbial grape-vine. This is one of a very few places where we could meet without it being possible for Ba'laan to mess up timelines if he wanted. I did not see you all coming to the World Serpent anytime soon so I made sure I could make it here. More of a social call if you will."

Its not hard to tell Asche clearly has more things to say but he stops there and begins some trivialties with Joe and Rama who are sitting near bye. The small talk is just that, talk about nothing important but allows each of the participants to get to know each other better, as long as its honest.

Kara continues to make drinks for whoever requested one and especially making sure to make Asche's drink exactly how he likes it. She makes a drink for Toya and blends a mango coconut drink for Rama. She hands out the drinks and starts to act like co-hostess trying to make everyone as comfortable as possible.

After passing out the drinks, she starts to make some appetizers for the group to snack on while they talk about how to further become masters of the universe. She listens intently to the light conversations while she is at work busy in the kitchen.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->"So are you all excited to see the Raekes? It is interesting to see what people ask for. You might be inspired to put your names on the list for a Raeke once you see what they are all about."<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Rama cocks an eyebrow.

"I am indeed most interested. Some friendly competition would serve well to keep my insticts well-honed."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Upon Ashe's entrance, Rama bows formally in his customary manner, his robes adding to his regal air, which is then softened by his melodious and soothing voice.

"An honour and pleasure to meet you Sir. Kara and the others have spoken most highly of you."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

When Kara leaves to make drinks Rama requests that his be non-alcholic...his Nova constituation means that liquor has little affect aside from contaminating the delicous swetness of nature's juices. He allows the talk to be small, though he doesn't indulge overmuch in such conversation, prefering to save his breath for moments of more meanigful communion.

Archived