Aberrant: Ba'alt - Re: Meanwhile....

Narrator

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=1709:date=Mar 14 2007, 03&#58;55 PM:name=Glean)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Glean &#064; Mar 14 2007, 03&#58;55 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Not kaelan... *Sigh* he is such a prick anymore and has let power go to his head. Not to mention he is married to one of the single most beautiful creatures I have ever seen.
OH wait a minute, I might have him confused with someone else. -_-

Who are you calling a Prick? :huh: How has power gone to my head? :huh: I am curious to hear your response.

Thank you for the compliments of my wife. She does get more and more beautiful everyday. laugh

The taint stone was designed to help Nova's learn control over the power that they wield. Are you of the opinion that taint is what makes a Nova a higher species than a baseline? It is a voluntary act to touch the stone or to bring someone to the stone. It is not mandatory for a Nova to touch the stone except if they are an uncontrolled danger to themselves or others.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
T'was a joke to get you stirred to action; I knew you were lurking out there buddy. NO harm meant. wink

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=1709:date=Mar 14 2007, 03&#58;55 PM:name=Glean)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Glean &#064; Mar 14 2007, 03&#58;55 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Not kaelan... *Sigh* he is such a prick anymore and has let power go to his head. Not to mention he is married to one of the single most beautiful creatures I have ever seen.

Who are you calling a Prick? :huh: How has power gone to my head? :huh: I am curious to hear your response.

Thank you for the compliments of my wife. She does get more and more beautiful everyday. laugh

The taint stone was designed to help Nova's learn control over the power that they wield. Are you of the opinion that taint is what makes a Nova a higher species than a baseline? It is a voluntary act to touch the stone or to bring someone to the stone. It is not mandatory for a Nova to touch the stone except if they are an uncontrolled danger to themselves or others.

HahA! Lurker got Outed!!! :P

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=1711:date=Mar 14 2007, 07&#58;33 PM:name=Kaelan)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kaelan &#064; Mar 14 2007, 07&#58;33 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1709:date=Mar 14 2007, 03&#58;55 PM:name=Glean)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Glean &#064; Mar 14 2007, 03&#58;55 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Not kaelan... *Sigh* he is such a prick anymore and has let power go to his head. Not to mention he is married to one of the single most beautiful creatures I have ever seen.

HahA! Lurker got Outed!!! :P

Of course I have been here monitoring events. You know I have a vested interest in this story. smile

Doc, I created the taint stone.

Quote:
Sorry Gents. I am finishing the story. I should have it up in a couple of days. Thanks for your patience. Work has me behind the mule so to speak.

ERI as most of you know, was primarily an American based company. Although humanity as a whole were making leaps and bounds to world unification, there still existed old prejudices and ERI was not readily accepted in Asia. Since Exemplarism was primarily a Western philosophy it was not widely accepted among the other countries. Chysalisis being the easiest philosophy to accept was the only option for the Nova's to accept.
Hundreds died during their initial eruption and many more Nova's suffered with unwanted taint and derangements. There was a need for the philosophy of Divergence to spread throughout the world especially to the countries that were not Christian or still held resentment to the West. So with Asche's help, a meeting was developed between myself and one of the founders of ERI, Lucinda Lewis, code named "Cin". There is no other way to say it but the first meeting did not go well at all. Ms. Lewis must of had a really bad day because she shot me various times with her Quantum Bolt. She ruined five finely tailored suits of mine until she decided to teleport elsewhere.
I had built a state of the art facility that was funded by my organization and offered free service to Novas. I thought Ms. Lewis and Miss Genine would have been happy to have another facility that they could operate jointly with. My assumption was wrong. Genine was at least cooperative to share some of their findings with my people and ODIN was born. Although I gave the facility a Norse name, I placed ODIN just north of the Black Sea. I thought that it would make it easily accessable to most of Asia. I agree with the philosophy of Divergence but it still left no certainty against unwanted taint. So, through intense study I developed a taint absorber stone.

I got the idea of the taint stone from my travels to the planet of Wyrdland. In Wyrdland there are corruption stones that gives people extreme powers but generally at a GREAT corruptable cost. My followers and I developed a process to reverse the effects of exposure to this taint. We harnessed the power of restoration into crystals that can be carried by my priests and stored in temples. A person had to want to repent from their evil ways and serve the powers of good to have the effects of taint to be reversed. Most of the time they retained their super powers but used them for good. Since my armies on Wyrdland were constantly fighting against the Chaotic Lords, their exposure to taint was almost constant and they needed something to protect them and maintain their sanity.

So, when I arrived on Earth I saw a need for a taint stone to reverse the corruptible effects of quantum buildup. I took the plans from Wyrdlands taint stone and made some minor adjustments to adapt it for Quantum taint.

I assume you have some questions...

• 2 months later...

I guess since alot of us, me included, are on or are getting ready to go on a sort of Hiatus it might be a good time to discuss the future plans. (I will post continually on the Flesh and Future IC topic). But lets decide whats next to move onto. What I am thinking, is after StarHaven, that yuo all are planning ultimately on confronting Ba'laan or his people. We ought to discuss the orbs and when/iff they are to be brought int play. We also shoudl discuss your ultimate plans for returning to Earth and novakind what have you.

Just some food for thought to let you know were still in business.

It 'CAN' remove taint in nearly any form from a nova. The question is in the faith and willingness of the nova to believe that this indeed will work. It's a hard nut at times since there are many differeing contrary philosophies spinning around.

Archived