Aberrant: Ba'alt - Re: Meanwhile....

Narrator

Among the topics discussed at the live meeting were the following:<ol type='1'><ol type='1'>[*]Team HQ in the form of a starship of some sort.</li>[*]Keeping the orbs "inactive" for a time, until after some more research can be had from the Library of Nomikos and StarHaven.</li>[*]The plans of getting into StarHaven. This involved:

• Waiting the approximately 3 months till the next 'festival' where anyone with the means may enter. This way its not like your sneaking in.</li>
  • You were going to get in via a "snap-disc" of Kara's. This device will take everyone within 10 feet of the user to the predetermined location, in this case, StarHaven. This is a one time use.</li>
  • Once inside, you were going to scout around and look for the information needed to find the location of the door to the Library of Nomikos inside the World Serpent Inn.</li>
</li>[*] Then the plan says you were going to go to the World Serpent Inn and find the door, enter the Library and find yourself closer to your ultimate goal of....</li></ol></li></ol>I would like you to all begin discussing these topics in whole here and we can assume these were spoken of in detail at the meeting. Things like Plan B and who goes where. Mind you, I would like to keep all involved at the same time; I think StarHaven would be good for all of you. {insert ST nudge here.}

Something else that was overlooked?? a little while, call it a dramatic pause.

Kinter and San's Wisp has not been seen but Kinters sister was been found. Smites men or some other team personell found her on their last scout mission to Kinters old world.

Her body is comatose and for the most part she is dead. She was found perhaps a few weeks ago and after thorough examination it was discovered that she was brain dead. However, her quantum pattern is in a state of flux. She might be alive artificially (she was found with high tech auto defibrulators, breathing apparati,etc; strapped onto her) with the theory that she is in some form of state similar to a teras Chrysalis...!!!

Kinter has also admitted that this Wisp nova always seems a bit mad, in regard ot his sanity.. He also says he thinks he can take one person to him. (Kinter can only teleport intergalactically and can also tp directly to a known signature he has seen before.)

Note to Rama...Kinter can ONLY teleport intergalactically(limited to a range between 5-10 LY) and can only take one person with him. He can then teleport others to him but it takes much concentration and "energy" so he does not long to do this.

Quote:
What should I make of that note to Rama? Did you mean that he could 'port with Rama and then Rama could open a warp for the others?

That note was mainly to squash any worry or insecurity of yours that Rama's usefulness was lessened by Kinters having a travel ability... style_emoticons

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=1629:date=Mar 1 2007, 12&#58;26 PM:name=Rama)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rama &#064; Mar 1 2007, 12&#58;26 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->What should I make of that note to Rama? Did you mean that he could 'port with Rama and then Rama could open a warp for the others?

That note was mainly to squash any worry or insecurity of yours that Rama's usefulness was lessened by Kinters having a travel ability... style_emoticons
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Yeah, cuz yanno, Rama is sooo insecure.... style_emoticons

Quote:
No problems here. It might be that linux thing a majiga... conform to windows and all will be well... style_emoticons
I see it at work (windows only) mostly. I'll be logged in and then I won't be.

As for Linux I was never able to get the chat to work with it. Hotmail doesn't work very well AT ALL with Linux either. Bill's fault probably.

Quote:
Chronos will have to examine both Kinter's sister (do we have a name for her?) and the apparatus with which she was found. Doc will not visit the location where she was found.

Kinters Sisters name is Maya. She is indeed dead, save for the devices keeping her alive. AS far as the devices, they are not something that Chronos would not be able to repair/modify duplicate if need be but they are definately above the tech levels of Paril.

Quote:
Works fine for me so far. Hey gang.

Zeph!!!! *thud* style_emoticons .................................................................................................... sorry! style_emoticons I think I passed out for a few seconds....................

Glad to see you possibly back...........

As much as i need and want to post right now, I must give notice that I wont be able to post for the next one possibly two days. Work and a friends birthday are happening and I will be afk so to speak. Have a great weekend all!

Oh!>....welcome back Zephraine! oh...who am I? Im just a no0b, but hopefully you'll find me a welcome addition to the team. Its not quite how you left it Im afraid but dont have Smite blast me, cuz Its really not my fault....its just what I woke up to... style_emoticonsstyle_emoticons

Quote:
As much as i need and want to post right now, I must give notice that I wont be able to post for the next one possibly two days. Work and a friends birthday are happening and I will be afk so to speak. Have a great weekend all!

Oh!>....welcome back Zephraine! oh...who am I? Im just a no0b, but hopefully you'll find me a welcome addition to the team. Its not quite how you left it Im afraid but dont have Smite blast me, cuz Its really not my fault....its just what I woke up to... style_emoticonsstyle_emoticons

Speak of the devil and he shall appear. But I only made an oblique reference, so you have to be good.

Welcome back fearless leader.

{{gee there is alotta gibberish on this topic to wade through to see 3 posts of relevance...}}

Glean is also interested in the devices around Maya and would try to observe as much as he can with Chronos. Or is that Observe Chronos. Eaither way, he is trying to 'glean' some information about its source.

Quote:
Kinters Sisters name is Maya. She is indeed dead, save for the devices keeping her alive. AS far as the devices, they are not something that Chronos would not be able to repair/modify duplicate if need be but they are definately above the tech levels of Paril.
The two questions that come to mind are,
1) Can we tell what she died of.
2) Even if she's only kindof sortof alive, I've seen Kara work with worse. Is she so far gone that Kara couldn't help? (Whether she would help is a different question).

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=1641:date=Mar 2 2007, 07&#58;26 PM:name=Narrator)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Narrator &#064; Mar 2 2007, 07&#58;26 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Kinters Sisters name is Maya. She is indeed dead, save for the devices keeping her alive. AS far as the devices, they are not something that Chronos would not be able to repair/modify duplicate if need be but they are definately above the tech levels of Paril.
The two questions that come to mind are,
1) Can we tell what she died of.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
She seems to have died from quantum backlash syndrome (aka TAINT.) You could see this when looking at her patterns and "knowing" what to look for.

Quote:
2) Even if she's only kindof sortof alive, I've seen Kara work with worse. Is she so far gone that Kara couldn't help? (Whether she would help is a different question).

Kara could help, (most likely) and return her to the living. Kara might also be able to see something that you (Chronos and Rama and Eve) might not.

Quote:
Died? Now that's unusual. I get the feeling however that she's not taint 10?

And I will try to involve Kara.

Indeed it is unusual and you cannot determine how high she was. she is not deformed physically in any way however.

Kara forgot to post but I talked to her...

Kara would definately note that she is all but dead, confirming wht you already know. The matter of whether or not Kara would revive her is really rather moot. You see, Kara noted that the way Maya's node and surrounding tissue, neurons, etc are made up, it appears Maya was programmed to enter this state when her 'taint' reached a certain level. Kara is able to know for certain that Maya was erupted by an outside force and not a natural eruptee and whoever/whatever erupted her set her brain up with a failsafe.

Kara is also able to determine that this person has no terran (human) dna and her ancestors do not come from earth as all other known novas do. Maya is Ghedian, a humanoid race hailing from newly discovered sectors of terran space but definately not human.

Quote:
Kara is also able to determine that this person has no terran (human) DNA and her ancestors do not come from earth as all other known novas do. Maya is Ghedian, a humanoid race hailing from newly discovered sectors of terran space but definitely not human.
I had thought one or both of those two new novas were basic human? Um… We need to double check her brother’s DNA, and make sure that either he’s the same or he isn’t her brother (or this could be a fake of some sort). We also need to check both of them for “shut downs” as well.

Quote:
Kara would definitely note that she is all but dead, confirming what you already know. The matter of whether or not Kara would revive her is really rather moot. You see, Kara noted that the way Maya's node and surrounding tissue, neurons, etc are made up, it appears Maya was programmed to enter this state when her 'taint' reached a certain level. Kara is able to know for certain that Maya was erupted by an outside force and not a natural eruptee and whoever/whatever erupted her set her brain up with a failsafe.
The picture I’m getting here is that Maya erupted with enough taint to force a shut down.

Question: Is there any way to tell whether the existence of the fail-safe predates her eruption? We might be looking at a race designed to erupt… but only for a while.

They are basicly human. They just are not Terran or decendants from Earth.

Not exactly on them erupting with enough tain to force a shut down. They appear to have been erupted by somone with an off switch, so to speak.

Quote:
I had thought one or both of those two new novas were basic human? Um… We need to double check her brother's DNA, and make sure that either he's the same or he isn't her brother (or this could be a fake of some sort). We also need to check both of them for "shut downs" as well.

Without going into a philosophical debate about the origin of most of the humanoid species in this Universe, its easier to say that The Ghedians are similar enough to Terrans to breed with them. Their DNA is similar but not what Chronos would call human.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->The picture I'm getting here is that Maya erupted with enough taint to force a shut down.

Question: Is there any way to tell whether the existence of the fail-safe predates her eruption? We might be looking at a race designed to erupt… but only for a while.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Without an autopsy, right now only Kara can determine that the failsafe was there about the same time that her node became charged with Quantum..

Kinter reluctantly allows himself to be "examined" by Chronos and Kara. SAn also agrees, but more happily. They are all Ghedians.

Yes, they both have a taint kill switch. Actually its more of a fuse that will shut them down when they get to a certain level of taint. OOC, the level the fuse switches on is at about 4 taint. Neither of them have any Taint right now.

EBD=Excessive Quantum Buildup=RQ=Residual Quantum=Taint

Doc doesn't quite know what to think about this revelation, or what it says about its creator. He wonders whether we’re looking at a way to prevent novas from being harmful to baselines, or could this be some sort of ‘planned obsolescence’ designed to prevent one’s creation from threatening it’s creator? He supposes it’s even possible this is the way novas, all non-natural novas, look now days. One of the parts that continues to bother him is Sam and Kinter’s original lack of training in avoiding QBS.

In any case, the medical ethics of the situation is clear, the subject needs to know about his condition.

Doc tells Sam and Kinter the good and bad news. The good news is that they don’t need about aberrations, or going insane and threatening their families. The bad news is they have a built in fuse that shuts them down when they hit even the beginnings of that point. Training them to avoid QBS thus becomes more important. Worse, it would appear that Kinter’s sister erupted with a mild case of QBS, and then triggered this fuse. Doc expresses his condolences, and also says that he’s not sure whether this is treatable or not. If (when) we find their creator, then it is at least possible that something might be done. At the moment she is stable, and Doc is extremely reluctant to meddle until he knows more about the situation. “Primum non nocere”; First, do no harm.

Quote:
Um... Doc, I think I can wake her. Correct me if I am wrong ST, but isn't she just in a state similar to that of Chrysallisis?

It is similar now that you ask...and thus perhaps not a good idea to wake her. You have no way of knowing if she is done, locked up, or still digesting taint.

Quote:
Um... Doc, I think I can wake her. Correct me if I am wrong ST, but isn't she just in a state similar to that of Chrysallisis?
Doc asks,

<!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->"And what happens if you wake up someone who is in Chrysalis?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
Is her mind asleep as she is "digesting" taint? Is there anything that I can do to help speed up the process?

Further examination shows her energies are indeed completely inert but processing something. Kara is unaware of anything extra she can do, See below.
Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=1695:date=Mar 14 2007, 02&#58;02 AM:name=Kara Rathien)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kara Rathien &#064; Mar 14 2007, 02&#58;02 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Um... Doc, I think I can wake her. Correct me if I am wrong ST, but isn't she just in a state similar to that of Chrysallisis?
Doc asks,

<!--coloro:#0000ff--><span style="color:#0000ff"><!--/coloro-->"And what happens if you wake up someone who is in Chrysalis?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
You all are familiar with the terms of Chrysallis and Revelling (Divergence) but have never seen it in practice so this is groundbreaking here for all of you. Of course you are not 100% sure this is what is going on. It might help more to find who knows more, ie, the person or thing that made her this way, if they are even still around.

Not kaelan... *Sigh* he is such a prick anymore and has let power go to his head. Not to mention he is married to one of the single most beautiful creatures I have ever seen.

OH wait a minute, I might have him confused with someone else. -_-

Quote:
Not kaelan... *Sigh* he is such a prick anymore and has let power go to his head. Not to mention he is married to one of the single most beautiful creatures I have ever seen.
OH wait a minute, I might have him confused with someone else. -_-

Who are you calling a Prick? :huh: How has power gone to my head? :huh: I am curious to hear your response.

Thank you for the compliments of my wife. She does get more and more beautiful everyday. laugh

The taint stone was designed to help Nova's learn control over the power that they wield. Are you of the opinion that taint is what makes a Nova a higher species than a baseline? It is a voluntary act to touch the stone or to bring someone to the stone. It is not mandatory for a Nova to touch the stone except if they are an uncontrolled danger to themselves or others.

Archived