Aberrant: Ba'alt - Re: In the meantime...

Rama

{{OOC...Just wanted to explain a bit about what Rama is talking about...when he speaks of seeing beyond the veil of her flesh he is refering to his Quantum Sight. The vast spiritual power he is describing is my reference to Narrator's comparitive power matrix graph...it shows Kara having a Spirit rating that is off the scale...in fact, I believe it is the highest single rated trait of any character in the group...to Rama this appears as a brlliantly shining force, hundreds of times more beautiful than her flesh and blood. I mention it now, because Kara may know enough of Rama and his abilities to understand what he is referring to...}}

Quote:
"Rama, THANK YOU for sharing this moment with me. I appreciate your kind words and I appreciate you bringing me to this amazing place." Kara turns and looks Rama. "Your perception of me is appreciated but I do not think that it is completely accurate. When I left the group to hunt the people who attacked me... I think you would be appalled at what I did to them. I just fear that one day I will scare you."

Rama reacts to this with a serious demeanor. Holding both her hands in his, he looks deep into her eyes, gauging what he sees within.

<!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->

"I am no stranger to war and death, Kara Rathien. I know you are a warrior, as am I. You need not worry that you shall frighten me away...with every passing day my own power grows stronger, and it is the magnitude of that responsibility that weighs heavy on my heart. Not you. A man from my own time once said that it is not for our weakness that we fear, but that we are powerful beyond measure. We must not fear the violence in us...you are as much Shakti as you are Kali, as I embody both Rama and Shiva...Creation and Destruction are both necessary for the turning of the Great Wheel."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

He smiles and returns his gaze to the panorama around them, eyes blazing with passion and intensity.

"However,You are most astute in your observing the variablity in Perception...it is for this reason that I wanted you to be here. Even as the desert...thought to be lifeless, overflows with Life, so too has the celestial comet been seen as a harbringer of war. Almost every Terran civilization feared the appearance of these bodies in the Heavens. And yet, science tells us that they are merely chunks of ice and rock...harmless. ...Perhaps the fuller truth lies somewhere between the skeptic and the mystic."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Rama sits down, folding his legs underneath him on the violet Mesa. He gestures for Kara to sit with him, and continues his expanation.

"I wanted to speak to you away from headquarters, that I might reveal a level of uncertainty I feel towards the conflict I have been awakened unto. I am told you are a Prantic Knight...a protector of the Balance, and it is for this reason above all others that I feel I may trust you, and you alone..."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->"I understand that consequences of the Ban have been most dire for many planets which have fallen under its Aegis. It is for the ideals of freedom and self-determination that I am told we fight for. Yet taken in context, are not the ideals of the Ban itself to be honored? From my personal view, I can object to Ba'laans limitations on travel...this alone has made me a fugitive. Yet his other decrees...limiting the use of powerful weapons for example...how many more worlds will that save?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->"I know that this is known as "playing devil's advocate," but there is Wisdom to be found in questioning our assumptions...and the perceptions which we take for granted. The conventional argument...that the Ban exists to prevent challenge to Ba'laans rule, doesn't sit quite right with me. There are much more direct means he could have used if that was his goal. I am curious about his reasoning...his motivations, and his perspective. If he is indeed our enemy, then we must know him....but what if he is not the true threat which faces us?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

{I forgot about Kara's spirit rating...}

"This battle is about survival. By Ba'laan's manipulations, my people are sentenced to death. Many of our allies are sentenced to death. Whole species of people have been exterminated and made to appear as if they have never existed... but a few of us still remember and that is our main motivation that fuels our fight. You, for being a Nova, are under the same sentence. And because of our actions, your kind have expounded and continue to expound to the far reaches of the multiverse."

"Ba'laan keeps his motivations to himself. His actions point to this whole war being a matter of control. He is by far the most powerful being known to exist... does that alone give him the right to rule? Has he demonstrated that he is a benevolent leader and deemed worthy for our obedience? Has all his actions been just? Unfortunately, his track record is not without flaws."

"His actions point to that of a jealous lover and trillions of lives have to pay for it. That is not just and why someone has to take a stand to his tyranny."

• 3 weeks later...

Rama nods, somewhat gravely, at her response.

"I see... I understand the ideal of the Prantic Knight is to uphold the Balance. This is a spiritual ideal that I hold as well...the Cosmos is an intricate and delicate dance. In my time, war had become something impersonal...fought for money and fame by soldiers unconcerend and unconnected with what or who they were fighting. The way of the Warrior is that of self-knowledge. I wanted to be sure of what we were fighting for. You say that Ba'laan has abused his station and power...that he tips the balance and that innocent people suffer. It is good that you fight not only for your only people, who have surely suffered, but for all people and the greater ideals of choice. Despite the delusions of many dictators, Harmony shall never be achieved through rigid control. That pathway leads only to stagnation. Like the whirling stars themselves, Harmony can only be attained through an acceptance of the ever changing, ever flowing dance of chaos. Just as in the seemingly random catastrophe without which I would not be standing here in such radient company..."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Rama's eyes are full and moist with swelling emotion, and the charge of connection between the two godlings grows ever more visceral as currents of unspoken communication flow beneath the surface of their words.

<!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->"I am glad to have found clarity with you. There will be plenty of conflict and struggle ahead, so may I suggest we turn our attention to the beauty we have in the here and now."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

He turns his attention back towards the streaking comet igniting the sky.

<!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->"Perhaps the Ancients would have enjoyed a gentler opinion of the feared comet were they to see them as they truly are..."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

With a sweep of his hand, another warp has been opened, light shimmering on the other side. Stepping through, Kara finds herself perched on a summit of rock and ice, the curve of the planet far below scintellating like an ocean of light as their celestial steed surfs along the Ionoshere.

Kara walks through the warp that Rama opens for her. When she is washed over with the scintillating light of the spectacular light show before her, she responds with the giddiness of a child seeing Mickey Mouse in Disneyland for the first time. Her eyes open wide and her pupils dilate appropiatly to capture the full scene and not miss a single moment of the luminous show before her. Her smile widens and brightens as she wonders which of the Ancients designed this spectacle to happen with such precision. Whoever this Ancient was, he or she or it was truly a master Artisan. It is amazing how dust, ice and rock traveling at such high speeds can produce such an amazing show when abundant light shines on it.

After sitting in silence for a bit, Kara comments, <!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->"You know Rama, the Ancients of Earth were actually quite brilliant. I wouldn't cut them so short as to say that all was superstition and malarky. Ancient Earth used to be a nexus point for thousands of ancient Gods some claiming to be Primals and others actually being Primals. Not all of them were benevolent in their ways and some made their people suffer for their own pleasure and amusement. So, although to modern man with their technology and science they feel to be so much superior to their ancestors, their world was much different and the rules they had to live under were rather harsh. Many of these Gods left Earth, some by choice and others by force, and set up kingdoms in other systems. You can see their subjects suffer first hand. So, this maintaining of balance is a continous fight. It is sad to say that most sentient beings are selfish in nature. They seek their own glory and honor over what benefits others. Add the power to shape reality and that power becomes a drug and a corruptor. It takes a strong will to keep that selfish nature in check and to truly serve others. Even those that claim to serve others by being Good can fall into an unforgiving state of self righteousness that they forget to exercise the power of expressing mercy to others that truly repent and change their ways. As your power and influence grows, remember to stay true to your values and to serve what is in the best interests of the universe."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Nodding in response to Kara's admonitions, Rama stands speechless before the majesty all around them; the light beneath them and the unobscured stars above. With great gentleness, Rama quietly reaches out and entwines his fingers through Kara's own, content to share the moment in silence.

Kara snaps out of her train of thought as Rama again grabs her hand. She recognizes that his touch is gentle and caring. She knows that he cares for her and that he is looking to expand on the foundation of their friendship but she also knows that her vows and prior commitments will ultimately break his heart. She cannot make a further commitment.

She allows Rama to wrap his fingers around hers but then she pulls his hand away from his without saying a word. Hopefully words will not be needed at this time. She takes a more closed position not too far from Rama but still keeping a slight almot imperceptable distance. It is all semantics. A mega Social will be well aware of the change in position.

Rama feels the warmth of Kara's grasp, and then the unmistakable coolness of its withdrawal. It was remarkable really, letting her guard down for so long. For a few brief moments he had seen her at her most pure, when she was filled with nothing but wonder. It would have to be enough, Rama told himself, for once more she had donned her armor. Not her Cobalt bodysuit, but her emotional armor.

He could feel it...the distance she created around herself, an armor created of persona, of role, of her duty. This Rama could understand. Shifting position slightly, Rama mirrors her, allowing her to see his agreement. This was as far as she could go with him. He looks away slightly to the stars, but to Kara's mega-social attunement it adds an undertone of disapointment. There is a subtlety there, where Rama speaks without words to the part of Kara that remains connected to him ...to the simple and innocent joy he had just witnessed. The feeling that beneath all their might and obligation, beyond the struggle, war, and politicking there yet stands the simplicity of woman and man, side by side before the beauty of the universe.

A single tear rolls down Rama's cheek. As it falls away from the protective envelope of his body it freezes, a slowly falling addition to the ancient comet.

With a deep longing, Rama speaks to the Stars. One word, filled with the hope for an end to all the war and suffering. One word, spoken directly to Kara's heart.

<!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->"Someday"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Kara has felt the roller coaster of controlled emotions that Rama has been going throught. She wants to console him and to help him avoid any reason for hurt but she chooses to stay quiet. Truly, what can be said?

After standing in silence for little while, she looks over to Rama and says, "Rama, you have shown me a part of the universe that's beautiful and wonderful. I have something to show you that is quite the opposite. Are you willing to see what I have to show you?"

• 3 weeks later...

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->"Rama, you have shown me a part of the universe that's beautiful and wonderful. I have something to show you that is quite the opposite. Are you willing to see what I have to show you?"<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Rama turns to face Kara.

<!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->"Someday, we shall dance in the light together...in this life or the next my Shakti. For now, it seems you must be Kali. Someday I shall finally find Peace. "

"But not today...show me this darkness Kali-Ma."

<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

"You honor me but I am not Shakti or Kali-ma or any of these goddesses. I was born just like you were Rama. And what I am is based on heritage as much as genetics. You share a similar spirit of godliness as well... just like all living beings. The force of consciousness and awareness exist in many creatures no matter how minute or gargantuan, the force of life binds the universe except where I am taking you. There is a place in the multiverse that there is nothing. Light rarely exists here. It is the Abyss of legend... a place of forgetting... a place of spirit forces so evil that they literally are things that have sprung from nightmares. Now imagine a creature that springs from a nightmares nightmare, and so on."

Kara lets that thought sink in a moment.

"If you have any mental shielding, now is the time for you to protect your mind. I suggest that you meditate before we go."

Regardless if Rama heeds Kara's warning and suggestion to meditate and boost his mental defenses, Kara uses her gifts to add aditional shielding to Rama's mind. She takes a peace of her spirit to help boost his mental power. The last thing that the group needs is Rama being possessed by a Demon from the Void.

Quote:
"You honor me but I am not Shakti or Kali-ma or any of these goddesses. I was born just like you were Rama. And what I am is based on heritage as much as genetics.

Rama shakes his head.
"All the Universe is Brahma. Shiva and Shakti are when the Unity of Reality is broken into Duality by Conciousness. All the Gods are infintie ideas, which we embody in the choices we make, here, and on many different planes simultaneously. Another way to look at it is that the whole Universe is God talking to you, the Formless speaking through Infinite Changing form. I had thought it was Shakti made manifest thorugh you, as I channel the Divine Love of Krishna as his Avatar Rama. I felt her Love flow through you, then fade away as Kali-Ma came through...the Universe asking me to face its Darkness...

"Most powerful of all, is that we are not separate from anything else. We are Brahma, Vishnu, Shiva. Shakti, Kali and all the multitude of spirits exist as more than discreet beings, but names given to the Infinite reflections of the Maya. The Darkness you are to show me is a reflection of ourselves as living holograms of the Universe. Only in facing this Darkness can we become free of the fear of it...to know ourselves as lights in this Void is to remember than even ebon naught is but a passing shadow on the blissful Face of God."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You share a similar spirit of godliness as well... just like all living beings. The force of consciousness and awareness exist in many creatures no matter how minute or gargantuan, the force of life binds the universe except where I am taking you. There is a place in the multiverse that there is nothing. Light rarely exists here. It is the Abyss of legend... a place of forgetting... a place of spirit forces so evil that they literally are things that have sprung from nightmares. Now imagine a creature that springs from a nightmares nightmare, and so on."

Kara lets that thought sink in a moment.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Rama nods quietly, her words confirming his own understanding.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->"If you have any mental shielding, now is the time for you to protect your mind. I suggest that you meditate before we go."<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Rama, floating several feet above the comet, pulls his legs up into lotus position. Starting at the Mulabanda, he goes through each chakra portal in his body, sealing them against outside intrusion. Kara can hear, him chanting in an almost impercitbly soft hum, over and over as he meditates.

<!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->"Om nama Shivaya, Om nama Shivaya, Om nama Shivaya..."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Kara understands that for Rama's paradigm to exist what he says has to be fact even though she can take him to the World Serpent Inn and introduce Rama to the very gods that he professes to embody with his consciousness. She allows him to keep his delusions and lets his words fall off her like water on a ducks back. In no way is she belittling what he believes or whatever he feels to be fact. She knows that one day, Rama too will see reality as it is.

Kara watches Rama go through his medative rote and waits a few moments before producing a sphere imbued with solar fae in her palm. The sphere is appears in her hand covered with a black silk handkerchief. She brought the sphere out of her orb but it appears as if it came out of thin air. In her other hand, a small disk the size of a silver dollar appears in her other hand... a snapdisk that she had designed by one of the navigator guild at an extremely high cost.

Kara steps close to Rama as he continues his medative trance. She pulls the cloth off the sphere and bows her head to Rama slightly kissing him on his forehead just above his third eye and says. "Prepare to yourself to see evil in its purest state." Kara then snaps her disk sending her and Rama to Voids Guard. the base of operations that she and a few select members of the ex Pax Concordant built to investigate and serve as a beacon in the void.

• 2 weeks later...

<!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Voids Guard is a pinnacle of Lonn technologies and would easily rival MoonDark itself from the days of old Sol. In simplicity it is a space station built 'AROUND' a wormhole. The rift in space is only about 300 meters across but the station is probably 12 kilometers away around its circumference in a sphere. So were talking about a mini death star, hollowed out in the middle with a wormhole opening up in its gut. The materials it is made of would appear seamless but those with advanced levels of mega-perception might note it is made of nanites constantly on the move doing something. To the non mega, the materials has a darkened titanium sheen to it that makes no sound when walked upon; it even seems to absorb the impact of walking to it might take some effort to realize when a step is complete. There are sensors and computers everywhere you look constantly scanning some state of the station.<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Kara would likely warn Rama that the station will not harm him in spite of what he might initially think. When he does arrive with Kara via the snap disc, it only takes a short moment before he realizes what she was talking about. It only last perhaps two or three seconds but there is a feeling of loss of power, maybe like a dizziness or hunger, followed by an equally short paralyisis. Some might not even notice the paralysis as they are taken aback by the scene in which they are witnessing. All new incoming traffic is received on the wormhole side where a bluish light floods through the durasteel windows. The fluctuating and dilating and expanding of the wormhole is in itself a great beauty, especially for those tuned to the energies it holds.<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Rama is no different and is brought with Kara immediately to the inner rooms described above. He is no doubt in awe of the natural wormhole and might even perceive the stagnant temporal energies around it. This is the part of the tour where everyone is relaxed and allowed the truth be told to them to the horrors they will witness on any of the outer sections. <!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Walking out of the inner rooms will lead to a large, light filled hall with view ports to the outside spaced every 100 feet. The windows are only a small 3 foot diameter hole and the light is even brighter around the portals. The light is solar and there are no shadows anywhere, even in spots one might normally see them. The light fills every space, even between limbs and under foot. It is explained that it is Solar fae, the only true counter to the manifestations and delusions brought on by being this deep in the Void. Even under this protection however, when one is walking within a few yards of the portals peering into the void a feeling of unrest and discomfort fills their heart.<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#ff00ff--><span style="color:#ff00ff"><!--/coloro-->

<!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#ff00ff--><span style="color:#ff00ff"><!--/coloro--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->{{Gazing out into the void will fill the eyes and mid with terror and hostility that can only be delivered by being confronted with all the perversions and atrocities the sickest minds can fathom. Then come the truly terrifying. The Void is home to beings of the Pale, or the most wicked, vile, and sinister entities. They feed on feelings of fear, terror, and strife. They use energies in the Void called Unlife, which is everywhere light is absent. The Unlife causes the feelings that feed the denizens of the Pale and the negative emotions and worries eventually cause the UNlife to manifest into solid and real horrific demons which will cause real and permanent damage and death. Even the most disciplined mind (willpower 9+) will suffer some effects in the form of worries and anxiety. Less disciplined minds (Willpower 6-) might faint and lesser wills will simply die of fright.<a href="http://aberrantprime.com/Flux/index.php?showtopic=10&hl=Unlife" target="_blank">See this link to the Unlife topic.</a> and know that Voids Guard is in the middle of the most concentrated area for Pale.}}<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

• 5 months later...

{{Now that you're back love... smile }}

Rama's three eyes widen for a moment as he experiences the vertigo of transportation. The form she used was different than his own bending of spacetime. he made a mental note to ask her about the technology at an appropriate time, and how it suceeded in hiding from the Ban while he required the protection of an ancient and powerful mystic artifact.

For the meantime he was preoccupied with where she had taken him, and why she felt the need to push him away when all the Universe seemed to be at war. He longed for the simple pleasures that life once brought and his mind turned to a lover now lost forever to him in the crushing wake of time...Siva's dance was all pervading, even if Kara did not name it thusly. Each moment obliterating itself, that a new one might arise. <!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro--> *Linda understood...*

Looking now through one of the external portals, Rama's breath seemed to freeze up and an icy cold crawled up his azure skin. For here in this place, the wake of destruction did not bring with it renewal, rebirth. Like a dark and sinister shadow of Brahman, with no-thing for the preserver save unhallowed darkness. It was beyond destruction, beyond comprehension. Somehow, impossibly, this was The Nothing given a form, and that Nothing clawed at his mind with a disturbingly tangible presence.

Instinctively, Rama snapped shut his eyes and held out a hand defensively against the black portal. He seems to be in pain.

"Why..." <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->he manages to speak with some effort.

"Why have you brought me to this place?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Kara senses them before she observes the wave of emotions emitting from

Rama as he first gazes the Void and its infinite blackness. She is quickly reminded of the stories of the first explorers who first ventured into the Void. Many were lost to madness for the essence of the Void would seep away hope and replace it with despair. Rama's kindness would be a feast if one of the Manifestations or worse yet, a Pale One were ever to taste his emotions. Thank goodness for the wards and protections that kept the evil ones at bay. Still, just for good measure, Kara activates an orb filled with solar fae to ward off anything that could have slipped through the defenses.

It pains Kara to see Rama go through this pain. He had taken her to such a beautiful place, it was very wrong of her to take him here. His intentions of wanting to connect with her were definitely not subtle and she had to admit to herself that she did feel something towards Rama but he had to know her other nature if anything was ever possible between them. He had to be aware that no matter what he saw on the outside of Kara that everyone, even she, had a dark side that not many would want to admit to see. She wanted to be completely honest with Rama before emotion blinded logic and reason.

On the edge of the comet, emotions were running high and although they both were very controlled disciplined beings, the temptation to lose her self to emotion and physical desires was far too present. She did not want to take a step then later be rejected or worse, have Rama try to reform her and a magical moment would be laced with regret.

<!--coloro:#0000ff--><span style="color:#0000ff"><!--/coloro-->"Rama, this station is mine. I have named it Void's Guard. This is the place where I come to get away from the problems of everyday life. That might sound odd, but it is my nature. It is primarily a research facility for The Company where we do our most dangerous experiments. Nothing else exists here other than our neighbors, the demons known as the Pale Ones."

"I want you to see that there are two natures to me." Kara pauses and catches her breathe for she is letting her emotions get the best of her. She places an arm on Rama as a sign of compassion but more to keep the distance between them. "I have never revealed this much about myself to anyone!! There are evils that I have to face daily because it is what I do. In every action that I do, I make sure to keep the balance of the universe in mind. And at the level of the game that we are playing, I need to sometimes study the very essence of evil so good can triumph."

"I have the responsibility of making the war that we fight an even playing field. There are times when I have to do evil so that good will ultimately take the appropriate action. This is something that I and the company have been doing on a galactic level. It is not an easy task but it is the commission that I have sworn to up hold."

Kara stands completely erect and whatever emotional out burst that was brewing to explode is gone. She is back to being controlled and her 'normal' self.

"<!--coloro:#0000ff--><span style="color:#0000ff"><!--/coloro-->Here,"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> Kara extends her hand. <!--coloro:#0000ff--><span style="color:#0000ff"><!--/coloro-->"Let me give you an exclusive tour of Void's Guard?"

Rama's eyes do not weep, though the utter despair that he had glimpsed for but a moment stings nonetheless. Remembering again his own sacred trust, he composes himself immediately. {{Soothe}}

He allows himself a brief moment to reflect on Kara's words, though in the lightning lattices of his quantum fueled intellect, she knows that trillions of variables have just been allowed for and analyzed from different angles.

He nods.

<!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->"I understand now the importance of this...bringing me here." <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> He clasps his hand over hers, it's firmness communicating understanding while also acknowledging and maintaining the distance she has created.

Meeting her eyes with naked honesty and respect, he continues.

"I am honored by your candor. It is not everyday one is shown the deepest and darkest recess of another Heart."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Rama clasps her offered hand with just the perfect amount of pressure. His touch radiates a soothing warmth into her with a gentle and uninvasive pulsing. As she beins the tour he comments as they walk.

<!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->"I must admit to being surprised by the sheer intensity of what is out there. I have often thought to fear and respect my own power, and my own capacity to bring darkness into the cosmos, for not even light may escape The Singularity. Yet the cleansing of Shiva, however naked and terrible it may seem to mortal eyes, is a neccesary element in the game of ego/existence. It is destruction...yet without emotion, without malice. It does not judge nor punish but simply makes way for what is new, save that which Vishnu deems worthy..."

"But this..."

"This is corruption. What I felt from out there...That is the land of the Asuras and every vile thing. The Sumerians who predate even my own countries ancient myhtos would have called it the Black Oubliette of Ahriman. For all practical purposes you have taken me to Hell...to the Abyss."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->"May the Clear Light protect us, and keep this Darkness ever sealed."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

He regards the Solar Fae rather non-chalantly. <!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->"A manifestation of Ahura Mazda...charged with keeping the sleeping banes of the Darkness forever imprisoned..."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

{{So we don't get into a cosmology argument again... Kara knows that Rama knows that there are different names for the same ideas. He knows his terminology isn't her own, and is curious about her definitions even while he gives them names for the sake of his own understanding and psychological matrix. She understands that he merely gives names to such things from his own cultural memes which I, as the player am attempting to do justice to.}}

"Look here," Kara stops and opens a door to a room filled with intense light. As their eyes adjust, they see about twenty keepers experimenting on a dark fae manifestation. The creature howls in agony and emits emotions of pain, grief, hatred, unrighteous rage, avarice, despair... "If we were to experiment on any other entity as we are doing with this one, we would be called to some high court for crimes against the universe. But this creature always emits these emotions of hatred. Its agony is contagious so it can breed and have more minions to corrupt and devour everything in its path. It has no room for compassion in its essence. It is pure unadulterated evil. And there are worse things here in the void than this lackey of some Pale One." As Kara speaks, the creature stops its howling and smiles at Kara knowing that its ruse of agony is no use on her. It starts to scream blood curling sounds to try and disrupt clear thought and cause panic.

Kara calmly continues to talk to Rama moving her lips but more telepathically so that her words would be clearly understood. "Our scientists suspect that the Void is growing. Many of the planets that border the Void are uninhabitable and are of no interest to the evils that exist here. But there are a few planets that have been colonized and the appearances of dark fae manifestations are growing. A few planets have Pale Ones corrupting the population and slaughtering everything in their path. They grant gifts to their followers and are viewed as Gods of Chaos."

"The rest of the multi-verse is concerned with selfish interests of conquering other systems or finding love or avenging some honor lost. They are not aware of the danger that all existence can be extinguished if these minions were let loose upon them. We suspect that they are a tool of Ba’laan for whenever the ban is broken, dark fae is immediately summoned to destroy the infracting technology. Our research shows that dark fae has existed since time began but the manifestations are new to the continual expansion of sentients in the multi-verse. They need a sentient mind to feed on.”

“So if the Pultytes are ever extinguished, dark fae may be used more often for ban breaking actions.” Kara pauses a few moments to let that sink in. “That may have disastrous irrevocable effects…”

“The company is one of the few organizations that can harness the power of solar fae. This is the only true weapon that we have against the Unlife.”

Rama remains thoughtlful. Even for him this has been alot to take in.

<!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->"You mentioned "leveling the playing field." This is referring to your Prantic Oath as a Keeper of Balance, yes?"

"And then you speak of the triumph of good over evil. If what you say is true, that this Darkness is spreading, then the forces are already beginning to unbalance. Many of the ancient sutras speak of cleansing one's being of negative thought, for each one has tangible substance, vibrating out as an act of creation upon Creation. This would lend credence then, to those venerable texts as it appears this UnLife feeds from every negative thought, anywhere."

"If we are to reverse the tide of this creeping Evil then we must counter it not through battle;, investing our own wrath against it would only pour more fuel upon the fire.... Me must face it by granting the people of countless worlds a reason to hope again. Feed the Light in them, give them Inspiration, and the Void will have nothing more to feed upon..."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

“Yes, my Prantic oath is what bounds me to this mission… to this way of life.”

“The giving of hope is the second part of our mission. Traveling to the planets that are most in need by conventional ways such as intergalactic ships are an impossibility. That is why we have to travel to the World Serpent or employee the skills of a navigator to travel and aid the outposts that we have set up throughout the universe. We have agents that have set up “temples” which are training centers to give the populace training and hope. Religion is a very powerful tool in this respect. The number of followers are steadily growing but using this avenue comes with some drawbacks. Sometimes, an over zealous templar disrupts what we have built up by trying to force people into submission and this causes anxieties that the Unlife feed upon. Just one bad seed can disrupt years of progress.”

“So, not only are we using weapons to defeat this menace but we are inspiring others. But this evil appears to be timeless and it an up hill battle that we are facing. The tides don’t appear to be shifting just yet. “

“That is another reason why we, Asche, The Company, and others are seeking more powerful allies in our endeavors to counteract the Unlife. We need the support of Nova kind and other ascended beings if we are to overcome this threat. We need to expand their horizons and show them that we are in a bigger battle than just Nova vs. Baselines. Those who are willing to undergo the training are needed to bring hope to the rest of the universe. This is the third part of our mission.”

There is a sparkle in Rama's eyes as Kara speaks, a kind of clarity. He is very pleased with her response. When she finishes he can't help himself but to chuckle. He smiles.<!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->

"You honor me, and my kind, Kara. Though I would not be so arrogant as to claim myself Ascended..."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

His smile transforms into a curious look.

"...Did you know, on my home planet, I was considered to be one of the three most intelligent Novas? ...but you know what? Do you know what it is that all this mental faculty has shown me? The more you know. The less you know. I realize now that I was, as they say "A big fish in a small pond." There is much, much more yet for me to learn, and I shall relish the learning with vigour."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

His expression changes once more, this time reflective again upon Kara's words.

"It is good to hear you speak more of Asche and the Company. They..and you..hold the secrets of my kind, and our purpose seeded into ancient history..." <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->He pauses briefly, and addresses her with respect to her knowledge.

" I would know more. And to hear more of this training you speak of. For my part, I would gladly offer myself as an ambassador both for and to Nova-kind, just as I once did on my tiny little planet so long ago". <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

"Ascended may be the wrong word... Awakened may be more approapiate. The training is available to anyone who wishes it but our team needs your expertise before you can completely dedicate yourself to our cause. Smite has benefitted from our training. We can give you the cliff notes version but we need somwone to be completely immersed in our training to truly benefit."

Rama chuckles again.

"You sound exactly like Eve when she asked me the same thing. And I already gave her my word I would assist you. As for my knowledge of the company, I know only what I have studied in the archives on Paril."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

"Well, here is the deal. It is like taking a pill, once you swallow it, there is no going back. If you commit to this path the revelations of the universe will be ever changing. Whatever cultural biases that you once had will have less meaning. The descriptions that you use as everyday language will lose their weight. I know these are big important things that make up who you, Rama, an individual. You speak of the honorable role that you got to play in the planet that you came from and The Company will give you the opportunity for doing that on a greater scale... BUT, there is a sacrifice of self."

"We have a company member that when we recruited him, he was extremely fanatical about his religious beliefs. He would be going on and on about the fight to regain balance between the Wyld, Weaver and Wyrm. He viewed everything in relation to the ‘Triad’ as he would call it. Now, he speaks of them in company terms... similar concepts but his 'cultural' viewpoints and ’cultural’ verbiage are lessened and hardly used at all. He is one of our best agents but the effects are life changing.”

“Are you prepared to walk a path that may change who Rama is?”

<!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->"Change is, as they say, the only constant. I am now no longer the boy from Bangladesh, nor the man who fought in the trenches at the feet of titans. And no longer am I the Nova who went to sleep in a temporal storm eons ago. Every moment the Horizon moves forward, giving us space to take new steps of change."

"I do not, however, see this as a process of sacrifice, but of growth. And I do not fear losing my culture. Culture is something that one not only carries within but also creates. And it too is ever changing. Our cultures will influence each other creating new unforeseen cultures. For example, I would very much like you to introduce me to the Shiva you met. If he is indeed the Traveler who informed my ancestors, it would be a rare honor."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

"I do not know if Shiva still exists but we can usually find the where abouts of the Primals at the World Serpent Inn."

"Listen to everything before you make your decision."

"The training will definitely serve as a step in your development. It is about a two to three year process and there is a chance that you might not survive. The training will measure your strength and push you to all your limits. It is designed to see where you are at and then adjust to test you to enhance you. BUT... there is a chance that you might die. I do not know if I want to put you at that risk."

'You are a valuable member of the team and your loss or absence could be catastrophic to the group."

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->'You are a valuable member of the team and your loss or absence could be catastrophic to the group."<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Still holding Kara's hand, Rama moves in closer to her, searching her eyes for any sign of emotion and breathing in her scent.

"To the group yes...but what would it mean, to you?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

He is both serious and genuine as he continues.

"...We all are at risk with the stakes as they are. Furthermore, I should not cease to challenge myself for fear of dying. It is not how one dies that is important, but how one lives. Still...if you feel I would be of greater service outside of your program then so be it. I will go where I am most needed." <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Kara releases Rama's hand and steps back. She moves her eyes away from Rama's and focuses back on the howling manifestation.

"Despite what YOU may feel or think, in the grand scheme of things, what it means to me is irrelevant. I have my directives that I need to follow and I do not have the luxury of certain distractions that other people may have." Kara states this in such a way that there is no room for further comment.

She produces her hand held computer out of her orb. She interfaces it with the stations computer and studies the energy readings emitting from the manifestation. She is making sure that none of Rama's or her emotions are feeding the manifestation and making it stronger.

"We can talk to Eve about what would be the best way of conducting your training. We can send you through the wormhole back to the Earth the team originated from. There you can receive similar training to what Smite went through. Or we can do the training in this facility in this time line. Either way, your knowledge of the multi-verse will become more clear. I have faith in you and your ability to overcome the challenges that you will face."

"But before we go back to the rest of the group, let me show you the ship that we found drifting in the Void."

Kara then leads Rama out of the lab and through a series of hallways to the beacon that attracted her team to the Void.

As Kara leads the way she explains to Rama the discovery of the ship, “Back in the time that the group is from, I was working with The Company monitoring any anomalies that may effect the development of humanity as history had dictated it would have progressed. From Moon Dark, we detected wisps of dark fae on the Pacific Oceans floor. I took a team and one of our deep sea subs to go and investigate. That is where we discovered the other side of the worm hole. Dark fae was being released into the world through the worm hole. So, we built a station on the ocean floor to contain the Earth side of the tunnel. Because of the nature of Dark fae, we had to continually rotate the team that was monitoring and making sure that a dark fae manifestation would not get through and wreck havoc on Earth. So as we were building the base on the ocean floor, we started to pick up a distress signal coming from through the worm hole. This was extremely exciting to say the least. So, we first sent a probe through the worm hole to see where it lead. Eventually we sent a ship through the portal and found this vessel.”

<!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->"And what of the ship's crew? Succumbed to the Evil of the Dark Fae? Have you ben able to ascertain the ship's origins? It's technology? How did it breach the Void in the first place?" <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> Rama inquires with rapt curiosity, awaiting his first view of the mysterious vessel.

<!--coloro:#4b0082--><span style="color:#4b0082"><!--/coloro-->This was supposed to be my deal, the ship description. SO here it is. I hope it helps you two move this topic along. Its doing well thus far.

The ship is about a mile long and 1/2 mile wide and stands about 300 yards tall. As far as space faring ship-tech goes, it was not that far advanced. Perhaps from a civilization with less than 200 years of manned-space travel under their belts. The use of space is not efficient and there are too many redundant systems. The ship is covered with 'antennae' pointing in every direction. It has a look of a pair of rectangular towers tipped over and connected in three areas between them.

Ship weaponry is projectile and rail guns although they do have a FTL drive. Its hull is flat gray steel. the ship also has 2 'life-boats' attached to its lower rear section toward the bottom of the 'towers'. At one time it manned over 1000 people and could operate on a crew of 40 or more. <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#4b0082--><span style="color:#4b0082"><!--/coloro-->It has the word Ulio stenciled neatly on two sides of the outer tower. The name means nothing in any known languages short for a slang word in Low galactic for 'mug.'

NO hull was damaged yet their ammo supplies were depleted and several cannons were melted from over heating.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Archived