Aberrant: Ba'alt - Re: Of Flesh and Future II..

Narrator

Quote:
Planet Paril
Team HQ,City of Pranth
11:<!--coloro:#ff0000--><span style="color:#ff0000"><!--/coloro-->55<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> hours Alert to Rama
Wednesday, September (Suruan) 6, 498 CY
<!--coloro:#ff8c00--><span style="color:#ff8c00"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Allison, Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--quoteo(post=1483:date=Feb 5 2007, 06&#58;34 PM:name=Eve)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eve &#064; Feb 5 2007, 06&#58;34 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Eve too trails off then adds;
"I agree that our best path is to head to StarHaven and ultimately to the Library of Nomikos. This path will lead us through the World Serpent, where we can lend a hand if need be. Along the way we can vie for Ba'laans attention somehow and see where we stand. It might be prudent to get another view of the story."
Doc says,

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"I agree about the Library, but getting Ba'laans attention would be dangerous. We are threats to him. His ignorance of this is the biggest factor in our survival, and far too useful to disgard on the hope he's reasonable. We should assume he knows exactly what he's doing. He either doesn't care, or he views the outcome as worth the cost."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->"I agree with Doc that talking is probably not going to solve this in anyway we'd like and honestly the element of suprise is our one major tactical advantage beyond the orbs and his crippling arrogance. Besides I imagine if he could be reasoned with in the manner you are hopping, it would already have done. But getting back to getting access to the information we need. Is there any way to sneak someone in or use a formal or expected visit to camoflague us.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->::Greetings. I am called Glean. I am from a planet far away and I am looking for some accomplices of mine. I intend no harm or conflict of any sort. If you have a method of communicating here please do so; or if you merely understand this but cannot reply, please nod your head. I will then follow you to the nearest non-hostile atmosphere so we can talk a moment.::<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

As soon as Rama feels the ping connect with his node, he returns with one of his own, and views the newcomer through his Quantum Eye.

Rama seems able to view Glean quite well.

Rama return's the other Novas smile and reads the PDA as he hands Glean a communicator.

Over the radio device, Rama replies, giving a small bow.

<!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->"My name is Rama Sri Shivananda and I know who you are. Your friends await us on Paril, and have been alerted to your return. I expect they are most anxious to see you, and hear of your journey here...it would seem your arrival was most, unexpected."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Rama streches a hand out sideways, and another Warp opens into space. Glean's long-lost friends are visible around the conference table.

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=1487:date=Feb 6 2007, 01&#58;28 PM:name=Chronos)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chronos &#064; Feb 6 2007, 01&#58;28 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Planet Paril
Team HQ,City of Pranth
11:<!--coloro:#ff0000--><span style="color:#ff0000"><!--/coloro-->55<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> hours Alert to Rama
<!--coloro:#ff8c00--><span style="color:#ff8c00"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Allison, Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--quoteo(post=1483:date=Feb 5 2007, 06&#58;34 PM:name=Eve)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eve &#064; Feb 5 2007, 06&#58;34 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Eve too trails off then adds;
"I agree that our best path is to head to StarHaven and ultimately to the Library of Nomikos. This path will lead us through the World Serpent, where we can lend a hand if need be. Along the way we can vie for Ba'laans attention somehow and see where we stand. It might be prudent to get another view of the story."
Doc says,

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"I agree about the Library, but getting Ba'laans attention would be dangerous. We are threats to him. His ignorance of this is the biggest factor in our survival, and far too useful to disgard on the hope he's reasonable. We should assume he knows exactly what he's doing. He either doesn't care, or he views the outcome as worth the cost."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->"I agree with Doc that talking is probably not going to solve this in anyway we'd like and honestly the element of suprise is our one major tactical advantage beyond the orbs and his crippling arrogance. Besides I imagine if he could be reasoned with in the manner you are hopping, it would already have done. But getting back to getting access to the information we need. Is there any way to sneak someone in or use a formal or expected visit to camoflague us.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Allison shrugs. "With the chaos currently in the Inn, I'm not sure it would be necessary to use subterfuge there. As for Starhaven...it goes almost without saying we'll need to enter under false pretences. I was hoping Asche could help us there, now that he's back...or maybe House Carlisle. I'm afraid the political realities around Starhaven are still a bit murky to me."

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

11:55 hours

<!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Allison, Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama, Glean.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

As the warp opens and Glean is able to see his friends, Rama can see his eyes well up with tears. Glean glances endearingly to Rama and then embraces Rama in a big bear hug as if to say “Thank you my friend.”

Glean then moves to pass through the warp.

When he passes through the warp, once he feels he is not in the vacuum of space any longer, he will dorm down to human form. It is the form that the team would know as Karan Argot. Karan’s eyes are filled with tears of joy as he simply stands there unsure of who to hug first. Whoever is closest gets it first.

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

<!--coloro:#ffa500--><span style="color:#ffa500"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Allison, Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama, Glean.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Eve is noticeably astounded as Glean steps through the portal into the meeting room. SHe had just been about to make a reply to Allison's latest comment when the old friend steps into the room. Those who know Eve really well will note a degree of shock and puzzlement in her demeanor.

"Oh my Karan. It's ben so long." Eve says as she stands up and steps toward Glean to fill his arms with a hug.

After releasing herself, she says to everyone; "Lets pick up where we left off in just a moment, but suffice to say, getting in might not be as big a problem as it seems."

She then goes back to Karan and giving him attention.

Quote:
Planet Paril
Team HQ,City of Pranth

<!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Allison, Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama, Glean.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

As the warp opens and Glean is able to see his friends, Rama can see his eyes well up with tears. Glean glances endearingly to Rama and then embraces Rama in a big bear hug as if to say “Thank you my friend.”
Glean then moves to pass through the warp.

When he passes through the warp, once he feels he is not in the vacuum of space any longer, he will dorm down to human form. It is the form that the team would know as Karan Argot. Karan’s eyes are filled with tears of joy as he simply stands there unsure of who to hug first. Whoever is closest gets it first.

Rama seems suprised when Glean embraces him, and isn't quite sure how to respond. Its a bit much for the more formally minded Nova, but before Rama can decide whether he should hug him back or not, the teary-eyes Karan had released him, stepped through the warp and dormed down. Rama follows and the warp closes behind him.

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

<!--coloro:#ffa500--><span style="color:#ffa500"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Allison, Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama, Glean.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Doc is shocked and doesn't care who notices it.

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"Glean!?!"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> style_emoticons

Doc's first action is to scan him to make sure that this is in fact who it seems,

Then he just says, <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"You're back." style_emoticons

"Rama, this is Glean. Glean, this is Rama."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
Planet Paril
Team HQ,City of Pranth

Doc is shocked and doesn't care who notices it.

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"Glean!?!"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> blink.gif

Doc's first action is to scan him to make sure that this is in fact who it seems,

Then he just says, <!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"You're back." biggrin.gif

"Rama, this is Glean. Glean, this is Rama."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Allison grins.

"It's him all right. I was going to mention Asche was back, but it looks like he already knows."

"It's good to see you again, Glean. I'm glad you're all right."

She doesn't seem surprised though, just happy.

Planet Paril

Starport,City of Pranth

11:05 hours

Kara steps off the transport onto the metallic platform.

The flight attendant wearing her twice pressed uniform smiling her warm preprogrammed smile and asks, “Did you have a nice flight Miss Sinclaire.”

What happened to the days when flesh and blood used to be in the service industry?

Kara could not help but smile at the irony of using her family's sworn enemy's last name. It would have been just as bad for a Capulet to be imitating a Montague.

“Everything was fine. You are a tribute to your programmers.”

Kara grabs her bag and makes her way to the Taxi hanger. She requests a ride to a hotel about a mile away from the Team's HQ. While she is in route she reaches out to see who is home. It is a light probing and unless someone is as sensitive as Allison it probable goes unnoticed. Of course, the team is a group of minor primals, who knows what new tricks they have developed.

She uses a secure line to send a message to Eve. “Hello Precious. I am en route to the base. I should be there within the hour. Can you please send me an update of recent events? I feel like I have been out of touch for months. Thank you.”

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

Participants: Allison, Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama, Glean.

<!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->"Will wonders never cease? It is apparent that this day is fated to chart the lives of all of here. Kara too is just stepping off a shuttle and enroute."

Eve says in a start.

"Shall I have her come directly here or we waont to meet her later?"

The question comes with an implied 'I am having her come directly here now but if any of you object, let me know.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

Doc shrugs to Eve in response to her mentioning Kara.

(Non-Mega-Int Meaning: "I don't care.")

(Mega-Int Translation: "I agree, bringing her here is the better move.")

Doc appears to have finished examining Glean and he says,

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"Wow, it's been a while. But only a few years our time."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

Glean looks around after greeting everyone, to Smite he gives a good hearty 'warriors' handshake and says "It is good to see you among the upright."

Then after glancing around the room, he appears to notice he has interrupted something, he says; "I am so sorry for interrupting your meeting. I'll wait outside and we can catch up later"

What he means is that he will await a time to chat and catch up since you all might not trust him yet.

"I could do with a little down time anyhow."

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

<!--coloro:#ff8c00--><span style="color:#ff8c00"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Allison, Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama, Glean.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Kara receives Eve's message and ask the Taxi Driver to make an adjustment and to drop her off closer to the HQ. She had been extremely careful to cover her tracks but she did not want to lead anyone directly to the base. She reached with her senses to see if there was anything or anyone giving her too much attention with intent of harm.

She gives the driver the fare for the ride plus a hefty tip and makes her way quickly to the HQ. As she gets closer to HQ, Kara senses a familiar presence. She immediate hastens her pace and feelings of joy begin to radiate off of her. The feelings are so contagious that people that she passes begin to feel the feelings of “Christmas Morning”. As long as there are no delays, she should be reunited with the group in a matter of minutes.

Rama mused, observing the joyful renunion of friends.

Glean had dimmed his light and shut his power down. that was an incredibly good omen to the Hindu nova. Much like himself, this one possesed humilty and the willing to set aside his power. And how vast a power it was! A wave of contentment washed through him as he felt blessed again to have been delivered unto such a circle of peers. Such might and wisdom around this table!

<!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->

"No. It is serendipitous that first you, and now Kara have returned. There is no point to delay our discussion further. Please! Join our discussion...May I bring you some refreshment?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#9932CC--><span style="color:#9932CC"><!--/coloro-->

*Kara returned. Interesting.* <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Rama couldn't help but remember their first meeting, which had left him unconscious. It was always astonishing to reflect on his human experiences while ascendant, though no more so than being human and reflecting on his time as as an incarnate Deva. He was curious to see what her reaction would be to his form, and curious as well how she would seem to his now post-human senses.

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

Quote:
What he means is that he will await a time to chat and catch up since you all might not trust him yet.

"I could do with a little down time anyhow."

Doc waits till Glean steps out then he says,

<!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->"His signature matches... but temporally it looks like he didn't jump ahead. Do we know what he's been up to for the last few thousand years?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

As Kara enters the HQ lobby, her elation fades slightly... but she senses some changes that keep her in high spirits. She enters the elevator to the meeting room and quickly fixes herself for being reunited with the group. She is interested in hearing the news of their progress.

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

Quote:
<!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->

"No. It is serendipitous that first you, and now Kara have returned. There is no point to delay our discussion further. Please! Join our discussion...May I bring you some refreshment?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Karan bids everyone a soft bow, showing his mediterranean courtesy and steps out. But as he does, he says to his new friend Rama; "Tis OK. You have been here when I was not. I dont expect anything less than a short talk about me. I sure would talk if I showed up eons later like this. I will take that refreshment in another room. If I know these guys, there is certainly a good place to eat here in these facilities."

He is addressing everyone in the room for the most part but is grinning at Rama.

"I am not going to leave my friends. Please summon me when you are ready. haha"

Quote:
Doc waits till Glean steps out then he says,

<!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->"His signature matches... but temporally it looks like he didn't jump ahead. Do we know what he's been up to for the last few thousand years?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Karan will ask an assistant or secreatary for directions to a refreshment room and sit there. Hopefully he will meet Kara on the way..

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

"For someone who doesn't like suprises, fate seems to be wanting me to change my mind. I believe the word would be improbably fortunate. It is good to see you back again Glean."

Smite was never one for shows of physical affection, especially given that Glean was probably still slightly hot from alpha and beta radiation from his voyage. So he kept his seat though he did look pleased.

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

"I'm curious about what he's been doing too," Allison agrees with Chronos when Glean's left for the moment. "Given what he's capable of, I wouldn't be surprised if thee were local legends in place over some of his deeds...twisted of course, by time and retelling." She considers, then adds, "Assuming he hasn't just been in stasis until something woke him up."

"Anyway, between Glean and Kara...it's good to see us all coming back together."

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

Doc says,

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"Yes, it's all coming together. Shall we bring them back and then up to speed?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

11:56 hours

<!--coloro:#ff8c00--><span style="color:#ff8c00"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Allison, Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama, Glean.

<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Kara takes the lift to the meeting room where she senses the team. As the doors open, she catches a glimpse of Glean.

"Karan? Karan it is really good to see you!!!" Kara rushes up to Glean and gives the man a hug and a kiss ... on the cheek. She is beaming and giddy with excitement to be reunited with a part of her past company member. "We have so much to catch up on. Where are you headed off? I thought that they would want you to be part of the meeting as well..."

Quote:
Planet Paril
Team HQ,City of Pranth

<!--coloro:#ff8c00--><span style="color:#ff8c00"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Allison, Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama, Glean.
Kara takes the lift to the meeting room where she senses the team. As the doors open, she catches a glimpse of Glean.

"Karan? Karan it is really good to see you!!!" Kara rushes up to Glean and gives the man a hug and a kiss ... on the cheek. She is beaming and giddy with excitement to be reunited with a part of her past company member. "We have so much to catch up on. Where are you headed off? I thought that they would want you to be part of the meeting as well..."

Glean, in human form, returns the enthusiastic hug back to Kara.
"I am giving the team some minutes to evaluate me and get over the shock of my return. After all, I have been gone many thousands of years. I am sure they are all cryng with happiness that I ahve retuned to straighten their paths and right their course."

He releases Kara and says with a sheepish grin;
"Of all of them I can see you need the most 'straightening.' Does your grandfather know you dress like that?"

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=1547:date=Feb 14 2007, 08&#58;38 PM:name=Kara Rathien)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kara Rathien &#064; Feb 14 2007, 08&#58;38 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Planet Paril
Team HQ,City of Pranth

Glean, in human form, returns the enthusiastic hug back to Kara.
"I am giving the team some minutes to evaluate me and get over the shock of my return. After all, I have been gone many thousands of years. I am sure they are all cryng with happiness that I ahve retuned to straighten their paths and right their course."

He releases Kara and says with a sheepish grin;
"Of all of them I can see you need the most 'straightening.' Does your grandfather know you dress like that?"

post-11-131291463247_thumb.jpg

"Oh Karan... You are sooooooo funny..." Kara dismisses Karan's flirtatious comments with a nice friendly pat on the shoulder. "You know that grand father tusts me to wear whatever it takes to get the job done."

"Grand father will be pleased to know that you are reunited with the group. He has always wanted you to be a part of the Team. Speaking of which, I was on my way there for the meeting. Where are you headed off to? I am surprised that they didn't insist on you staying for the meeting."

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

11:59 hours

<!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->"As I mentioned, I left the room to let them talk about me. It's right down the hall. You cant miss it, Its the only room screaming with anti-scry devices."

Glean grins from ear to ear save for the mention of 'grandfather' back at him.

"It's been a long time out of touch with him Kara, I think he might have forgotten me."

At finally finding the room with some food in it, he says with some mirth in his voice;

"Ahh. I will be right in here if you need me. Go tell them to reorder supplies cuz I am sure I will need more than what they have in stock."

He then walks toward the 'snack' room.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

14:40 hours

<!--coloro:#ff8c00--><span style="color:#ff8c00"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Allison, Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama, Glean, Kara.

{{Narrative Update}}

Only a few hours later the team is still sitting in the confernece room. Many things were discussed and old frinds were reunited. You all have a path set before you now and there is some uncertainty about what lies on the path. The only thing you are all sure of is that the team will survive together.

IN short, you all discussed (IN the live chat that I was unable to recover the log for. damn database incompatability) staying the orbs for a short time until something could be found in The Library of Nomikos about them. How you ultimately get there is going to be through StarHaven, the multidimensional space station where many of the larger ruling houses hold court. A festival is scheduled for nearly 3 months from now and Kara has a way to get you all in instantaneously via a one time use device called a snap disk. From there you will seek out a file or some source that will let you know where the door to the Library of Nomikos is had, in the World Serpent.

{{I new topic will be opened shortly with room for the narrative. In the mean time, freepost rules for the time from now to the festival date.}}

Archived