Aberrant: Ba'alt - Re: Of Flesh and Future II..

Narrator

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

11:35 hours

Wednesday, September (Suruan) 6, 498 CY

<!--coloro:#ff6600--><span style="color:#ff6600"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Allison, Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Three weeks have passed since Allison's arrival and the search is still thickening in finding the weapons dealers Source Sirai. Kinter and San are for the most part at your mercy; they are both mostly paranoid of using their abilities anywhere. What they have given to Smite and his detectives have led to a few planets out of the Carlisle System and a few outside the system. The farthest planets are actually in another galaxy from here but are in your databases simply because of the alliance you have with House Rathien/Lonn and the fact that the planets in question are part of the Haytyan (Hay' Shun) sector (Enemies to House Rathien/Lonn). It is unlikely that the Haytyans are involved in weapons dealings so far out of their system and thus assumed that Smite is searching the closer planets for the time being.

Rama had not been seen for three weeks as he locked himself away into his private quarters. He had worked tirelessly creating a lab/workshop for himself while processing reams of information from the teams database. On Paril. On Ba'Laan. On the known history of the various factions and houses and the formation and adventures of the team.

One day, he emerges and approaches Eve when she seems to have a moment.

<!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->"Lady Eve. Forgive my recent absence. I have finished assimilating knowledge of the present and how this has come to pass and I am now ready to take my place alongside you. First, there is something I would like to show you. This.. is an image of my brain."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Rama holds out a flat panel PDA and it projects a vivd hologram in the air. Along with the cortex and hypothalamus, An incredibly large Node can be seen. Its stem has grown into the corpus collosum and fused the two hemispheres togeter. In the center of the main body of the frontal node, visble through the layers of holographic transparency, Rama's clear crystaline third eye is visible, its infiltrating tendrils sending pulses of information along crystalline neuropathways at the speed of light.

<!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->"Due to my very unique neurophysiology, I had to research and adapt this worlds technology to serve my purposes."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

The display changes, showing nanite clusters laying organic circuitry into various areas of the neocortex.

<!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->"This implant I have designed will allow me to cyberneticly link to Jack in the Greens computer networks and the sensor nets for this planet and system. "

"I would also like to suggest that I become a symbol for this planet, first, and eventually the Sector. So far, your group has operated mostly from the shadows, but that is not needed any longer. The Shadows on Paril now belong to Smite. I can provide the people with something to believe in. As the Singularity, I represent the Spirit of unity, and Galactic awareness. " <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

<!--coloro:#ff8c00--><span style="color:#ff8c00"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Allison, Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Eve grins at Rama's re-emergence and his almost over eager willingness to help out.

<!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->"Rama. It is good to see you."<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Then after he shows and explains all the aforementioned, she signals him to walk with her as she heads from one level of the HQ to the elevators and down to her lab area. All the while talking and filling the time with hyper-intellectual pleasantries.<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->"I was wondering when you might make a stab at this, its what I saw as the natural rhythm of things as the recent events have dictated."<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->"First," Eve begins answering his statements with an eager smile.<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->"It seems as if every one is 'coming out' at the same time. That is, there is going to be a team crash meeting tomorrow night for all of our recent discoveries and epiphanies to be shared. Your willingness to take over in Jacks stead is both a bane and a blessing to me but I will gladly share the burdens with you, 'specially since we discontinued much of his dancing with the Ban technological level advancements."<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto-->Then by this time the pair have made it to Chronos' and her main lab (The teams main lab ran by Chronos and Eve) she slides up a stool next to a work bench and signals for Rama to do the same.<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times New Roman--><span style="font-family:Times New Roman"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->"As far as the planet needing a symbol, well I do agree with you on that, for the most part anyhow. But are you aware of the inherent dangers of this 'coming out' of sorts?"<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

<!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Allison, Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Your willingness to take over in Jacks stead is both a bane and a blessing to me...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd--><!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->"In what manner does this course of action place a bane upon you? I had rather thought that you might welcome the easement of your already overburdened agenda."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->"As far as the planet needing a symbol, well I do agree with you on that, for the most part anyhow. But are you aware of the inherent dangers of this 'coming out' of sorts?"<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->"It will make me a target, of course which is to be expected. It is, however a role I am familiar with and one that can misdirect the enemy even as it sparks the imagination and inner spirit od the people. If our enemy believes that I am a lone threat, he shall miss the flanking movements of the other players."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->"I am also aware that the resistance against Ba'laan requires a rather delicate timetable. I am willing to postpone this "coming out" as you say, until the moment of greatest strategic value."

"Are there other dangers which I have not yet foreseen?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

<!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Allison, Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Allison wakes up with her heart beating furiously and her muscles clenched with reaction from the vision. Another time, she might have jumped out of bed, frantically contacting people and babbling about what she'd seen. She had grown since then though, and instead stayed in bed, staring at the ceiling as she reviewed the images, moving through them again with a more distanced perspective. As visions went, it was breathtaking. Specific, unequivocal, and directly related to the questions at hand. All it needed was a big red ribbon.

Feeling calmer, she got out of bed and dressed. Unhurried. There was time. This vision was important, but it would wait for them. Finally she signaled Eve on the comm.

"Eve, would you contact the other active team members and ask them to come to the conference room? I've had a vision, and it's something everyone needs to know about. I think I know what we need to do next."

She finishes doing up her hair in a tail, and hurries out towards the conference room.

(PS - To all those who have been waiting, all I can do is apologize and say that the interfering events have passed. I hope during this next chapter, to demonstrate a regular posting schedule...especially during evenings and weekends, when work won't interfere. Thanks to everyone for your patience, and to Asche in particular. Now on with the show!)

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

Participants: Allison, Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama.

<!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->"Well Rama, I am not lightly concerned about the danger I thrust upon you by allowing you to assist me in these works, Jack's works. These things can call the Ban faster and more intensely than any banned power. These types of incursions are also the worst, on a planetary scale, but what is done is done as they say."

Eve pauses a moment as if listeng to something. Her head tilts to the left and she grins almost knowingly

"It appears that our meeting will come a bit sooner than anticipated Rama. Allison is awakened from her rest and has requested that all be notified. She also wants to see everyone in the Main conference room."

Allison recieves a text only blip on her wrist com or PDA.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#800080--><span style="color:#800080"><!--/coloro-->::"The rest of the team is notified and enroute as far as I know. The message sent was: <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<blockquote>

<!--coloro:#800080--><span style="color:#800080"><!--/coloro--><blockquote><!--coloro:#800080--><span style="color:#800080"><!--/coloro-->ALL..

<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->Please come the the Main conference room, Level 7, section 3 of the our Compound West. Allison has some pressing matters she would like to discuss with all of us post haste."::<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

</blockquote></blockquote>The rest of the team recieves the message at the same moment.

<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

<!--coloro:#FF8C00--><span style="color:#FF8C00"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Allison, Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->"Well Rama, I am not lightly concerned about the danger I thrust upon you by allowing you to assist me in these works, Jack's works. These things can call the Ban faster and more intensely than any banned power. These types of incursions are also the worst, on a planetary scale, but what is done is done as they say."<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->

"Lady Eve. With all due respect, I am no stranger to the hazards of war. In the time before my awakening, I had been a simple combat medic, tending to those who would face down the the gods and demons of our age. Most were smote down, or worse. Some like myself were awakened: suddenly aware of the twisted game we were all unknowing players in."

"In that first moment of divine revelation I knew that I could never again stand silent in the face of war. All war is manufactured, its exponents mere proxies. Many Terrans beleive that war is inevitable...that it gives us motivation to evolve. However, once the self-realization of ones evolution becomes a conscious choice, such external pressures of conflict are no longer needed."

"Some have suggested that the best way to fight Ba'laan may be not to fight him at all. Perhaps we merely need to change his mind. With his level of power and quantum understanding, he could unite all beings, throughout time, in a vision of the divine singularity of existence. Peace can never be truly achieved through force, or the imposition of limitations. No. If it is peace that is desired...you must set people free, not only in their external circumstances, but in their hearts and minds."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

11:40 hours

<!--coloro:#ff8c00--><span style="color:#ff8c00"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Allison, Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->::Team Conference room::

Eve walks part of the way with Rama but gets off a few floors before the destination level. Eve says she needs to take care of a few small things and will only be a moment behind.

The conference room is on one of the upper floors, upper meaning it is above the general cloud line. One window covering a large part of the wall yields to a view of the city and surrounding star-scraper towers jutting into the sky above. The room is presently in unsecure levels and thus no sound dampening is active and the window is 2 way.

Allison was the first to arrive and is only in there a moment before the computer in the room asks her if there is going to be a meeting and starts asking her questions about how many will attend (for drink service) and upon what security level should the meeting be held. Rama would be entering perhaps only a minute or two behind if he was planning on attending.

<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#ff0000--><span style="color:#ff0000"><!--/coloro-->Please post as you arrive and try to use a descriptive narrative hinging on the person before you. Lets have fun with this one...<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

11:40 hours

::Team Conference room::

Allison enters the conference room in a calm, distracted state of mind. There were still elements of the vision she couldn't apply; portions that had to be filed away for later use. Fortunately, at least one thing was clear. Dressed in informal clothes...loose-fitting white tunic and tan pants with a sort of olive colored vest...she looked more like she was getting ready for a yoga class than a meeting between the most powerful beings on the planet.

"Yes," she answers the computer's query. "There will be a conference starting in a few minutes." Chronos, Smite, Eve, Rama, Whisper and me... "Six to be attending. Standard security should be fine. That includes precautions against eavesdropping? Fine then."

Her back is to the door when it opens for the first attendee.

"Hi, Rama," she says without turning. "Have a seat. Thanks for coming."

Rama enters, dressed in his ornate golden armor. He smiles at the greeting.

<!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->"Lady Allison. But of course, you *knew* I would be here..."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

He walks over to stand next to her and take in the view.

<!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->"Being above the clouds like this feels like a children's fable...Do you miss Earth?" <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> he asks, seemingly at random.

Doctor Chronos enters, not only on time but also early for once. He is wearing his "talking to politicians" business suit and sits across from Allison.

<!--coloro:Blue--><span style="color:Blue"><!--/coloro--> “Hello Rama, Allison…”<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Very unusually for Doc there is almost an awkward pause, not so much because he’s waiting to say something but rather as if he’s waiting to check if Allison wants to say something. You can almost see his conclusion that she’s going to wait for everyone before he continues,

<!--coloro:Blue--><span style="color:Blue"><!--/coloro--> “How are you?” <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Doc makes frequent glances at the door and openly stares at it when not actively conversing with someone.

Quote:
Doctor Chronos enters, not only on time but also early for once. He is wearing his "talking to politicians" business suit and sits across from Allison.

<!--coloro:Blue--><span style="color:Blue"><!--/coloro--> “Hello Rama, Allison…”<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Very unusually for Doc there is almost an awkward pause, not so much because he’s waiting to say something but rather as if he’s waiting to check if Allison wants to say something. You can almost see his conclusion that she’s going to wait for everyone before he continues,

<!--coloro:Blue--><span style="color:Blue"><!--/coloro--> “How are you?” <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Doc makes frequent glances at the door and openly stares at it when not actively conversing with someone.

"Fine," she replies to Chronos, turning around to smile. "Thanks."

"And I sometimes miss the Earth I grew up on, Rama. The Earth of so many years ago. I've been to the Earth of this time, and I can't say I miss it much."

She takes a seat.

"I'd ask if you missed your old home too, but you strike me as the sort to see all this as more of an opportunity than a setback. Possibly even a form of divine providence." She gives Rama a curious look. "Is that true?"

Quote:
"I'd ask if you missed your old home too, but you strike me as the sort to see all this as more of an opportunity than a setback. Possibly even a form of divine providence." She gives Rama a curious look. "Is that true?"

Planet Paril
Team HQ,City of Pranth
11:42 hours

Eve arrives shortly after Allison asks Rama this question. She gives a coy but polite grin to Chronos and steps over to his side of the table to sit next to him. As usual, she is attentive and looks eager to talk to everyone.

"Hello love." She says in a slight whisper to Chronos so as to not interrupt Rama.
"Sorry I am a tad late, I was securing some data to potentially talk about. We'll see how it goes."

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

Smite looks down at his watch and curses. He had been coordinating with his organization, using the orb to locate newly erupted novas on this planet. Due to their presences, erupts had been occuring on the planet itself and it was a good way to keep from getting ambushed again. In a flash of speed, he is in the hallway outside of the meeting hall.

As he walks in he notices Eve in the corner.

"I may have a few recruitment prospects for you. I'll contact you after. "

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

Doc whispers back to Eve with a grin,

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"You're forgiven. style_emoticons "<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Doc reaches over and covers Eve's hand with his own for a moment, then he shifts back to "watching the door" mode. When Smite walks in he gives a brief smile.

Quote:
Doc reaches over and covers Eve's hand with his own for a moment, then he shifts back to "watching the door" mode. When Smite walks in he gives a brief smile.

"Is something wrong? Or are you expecting someone? This is not normal for you."

Quote:
"Is something wrong? Or are you expecting someone? This is not normal for you."
Doc smiles and refocuses for a moment,

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"I'm just impatient. This is one of the few really important steps where I don’t have a lot of input, and it’s going to begin right after Whisper walks through that door. I feel like a kid Christmas morning.”<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Doc winks at her.

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->”Don’t worry about me, anticipation is good for you.”<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=1425:date=Jan 22 2007, 03&#58;15 PM:name=Eve)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eve &#064; Jan 22 2007, 03&#58;15 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->"Is something wrong? Or are you expecting someone? This is not normal for you."

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"I'm just impatient. This is one of the few really important steps where I don’t have a lot of input, and it’s going to begin right after Whisper walks through that door. I feel like a kid Christmas morning.”<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Doc winks at her.

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->”Don’t worry about me, anticipation is good for you.”<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

As if on cue, Whisper pops in the door and takes off her sunglasses to tuck them into her collar. She beams around the room and takes a seat.

"Sorry I'm late everyone. Hope it wasn't too long to qualify for 'fashionably.' So what's this all about?"

She seems in quite upbeat spirits.

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=1426:date=Jan 23 2007, 11&#58;28 AM:name=Chronos)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chronos &#064; Jan 23 2007, 11&#58;28 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo(post=1425:date=Jan 22 2007, 03&#58;15 PM:name=Eve)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eve &#064; Jan 22 2007, 03&#58;15 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->"Is something wrong? Or are you expecting someone? This is not normal for you."

Doc winks at her.

As if on cue, Whisper pops in the door and takes off her sunglasses to tuck them into her collar. She beams around the room and takes a seat.

"Sorry I'm late everyone. Hope it wasn't too long to qualify for 'fashionably.' So what's this all about?"

She seems in quite upbeat spirits.

"Not at all, you're right on time," Allison demurs with a smile. "As for what this is all about..."

"Some of us are aware of the World Serpent Inn...a sort of nexus that exists with access to and from many locations in just about every known universe. The forces that occupy and control it have kept it a neutral ground...until recently, when the enforced neutrality was compromised, making the Inn much less safe than it has been. We've been planning to try to help, both to restore the Inn as well as in hopes of strengthening our relations with the current owners. Now however, we have a far more immediate and concrete reason to help."

"I have seen some of Ba'laan himself," Allison says after a moment. "Fragments, mostly. He and his people, the Iruar. As these visions faded, I was left with a word. Nomikos."

She pauses just slightly, then plunges on. "Nomikos is the name of a vast library that spans multiple dimensions. It is said that long ago, all the doors that led to it were destroyed, save only one. The last door is located in the World Serpent Inn."

Allison looks at Chronos. "Remember you were talking about learning more about Ba'laan? I've learned some, but I think what my vision is telling us is that Nomikos has what we really need. The knowledge we seek is there. There's two complications. One is that the Inn itself is under siege, apparently. The other is that there's only one location where someone can find out -which- of the Inn's doors leads to Nomikos."

Once more, she pauses, making sure she has everyone's attention. "Star Haven. Hidden somewhere in its computers is the data that will tell us which door to use to get to Nomikos."

Allison nods. "I think our course is clear."

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

<!--coloro:#ff8c00--><span style="color:#ff8c00"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Allison, Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama.

<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->At the mention of StarHaven Eve makes a start; it is easy to see her demeanor shift, even for the untrained. She does however play it cool until after Allison is finished.

"Star Haven is by invitation only at this time, unless we await the next open session which is in another 19 months. Otherwise wont it be impossible to locate in its fold in space? I mean technically, Starhaven is not anywhere."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
Planet Paril
Team HQ,City of Pranth
<!--coloro:#ff8c00--><span style="color:#ff8c00"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Allison, Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama.

<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->At the mention of StarHaven Eve makes a start; it is easy to see her demoanor shift, even for the untrained. She does however play it cool until after Allison is finished.
"Star Haven is by invitation only at this time, unless we await the next open session which is in another 19 months. Otherwise wont it be impossible to locate in its fold in space? I mean technically, Starhaven is not anywhere."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

"Is it possible to communicate with Starhaven, and request an information dead drop elsewhere? We don't necessarily need to travel there, just get that piece of information correct? And barring that, is there any other locations that have partial indexes of the doors. If we could compile a large enough list, a search would be relatively straight foward."

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->"I'd ask if you missed your old home too, but you strike me as the sort to see all this as more of an opportunity than a setback. Possibly even a form of divine providence." She gives Rama a curious look. "Is that true?"<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Rama considers carefully before responding.

<!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->"It is said that, the more one knows, the less one knows, and I have been given more knowledge than most. In other words, the cosmos remains a great mystery for me. I learned long ago that one must surrender to the flow of time. Whether that is divine providence, or simply the nature of existence who can say? That being said it is hoped that the Divine shall smile upon our works."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->"Sorry I'm late everyone. Hope it wasn't too long to qualify for 'fashionably.'<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Rama bows his head in gallant fashion towards Whisper.

"Lady Whisper, I believe you meant to say "unfashionably"...for one of your beauty and taste is always in fashion." <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->If we could compile a large enough list, a search would be relatively straight foward."<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Rama shakes his head.

<!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->"From my understanding of the omni-dimensional nature of the Inn, such a list might prove infinite, or at least close enough as to be practically indistinguishable. As for an infiltration of Starhaven...it was my understanding that it is currently stronhold of Ba'laan himself? How do you propose we breach it, Lady Allison?"

As a hind thought, Eve says;

"Oh, and not to take it lightly, did you say Allison that you saw the Iruar? Please expand on that if you feel it relevant."

She appears to be distacted temporarily by the thought.

"And Rama, no, StarHaven is no longer the stronghold of Ba'laan. He was usurped from it over 40 years ago by a combine of Houses of which House Rathien is one. As I have ties to them, being my creators, I might have some contact and ways to get invites if we need to go that route, I might even be able to simply request the information as Thomas suggests. But explaining our reason for asking access to the computer system might cause troubles, I think they even have a team of Keepers, of sorts, running the place and the computer system."

in case you all forget, "keepers" are what Eve's design is called, for its purpose of keeping security, etc.

Eve pauses a moment then finishes her thoughts calmly.

"No one has looked for Nomikos since before the AllWar some 40 years ago, and none before that as far as anyone knows. I share the thought of many that The books of Nomikos are placed here by Ba'laan or his people for what purpose I dont know. But it's silly to think that a storehouse of knowledge like it would not be sought after as far back as one can remember."

Quote:
But it's silly to think that a storehouse of knowledge like it would not be sought after as far back as one can remember."
Doc nods,

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"It is silly. Someone must have... if they were stopped at Starhaven, could records of that be erased?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=1436:date=Jan 24 2007, 06&#58;54 AM:name=Eve)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eve &#064; Jan 24 2007, 06&#58;54 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->But it's silly to think that a storehouse of knowledge like it would not be sought after as far back as one can remember."
Doc nods,

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"It is silly. Someone must have... if they were stopped at Starhaven, could records of that be erased?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

"It's worth pointing out that the information that the door to Nomikos is hidden in Starhaven probably isn't widely known," Allison adds. "Even discovering the fate of the doors to it...or its very existence at all...wouldn't be easy for most."

She nods at Eve then. "I'm glad you asked about the Iruar too...the fact that I saw them may be as significant as the clue about Nomikos. They are...or were...a race of gods. I saw them convert barren planets into lush paradises...one Iruar for each planet. And not with technology...not with terraforming or anything like that. They used sheer will, and it took only seconds to accomplish."

She hesitates, then says, "And they all gave their powers to Ba'laan. Every last one of them. So that he could 'correct the imblance' left by Khayn and so on. I believe that the Ban is the means by which Ba'laan is attempting to accomplish his mission."

Quote:
She hesitates, then says, "And they all gave their powers to Ba'laan. Every last one of them. So that he could 'correct the imblance' left by Khayn and so on. I believe that the Ban is the means by which Ba'laan is attempting to accomplish his mission."
Doc glances at Rama and Whisper and says,

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"Please tell us about the imbalance."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

<!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->Eve sits quietly as the request for more input on the imbalance is set. She grins slightly at Allison as if to say, 'You can make it shorter than I can!'

{{for simplicity's sake and assuming Allison posts an explanation; Eve looks temporarily distracted and then passes another knowing grin to Rama.}}<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

{{Edited to avoid Rama sounding like a pager; after all, he is cyerkinetically attached and does not NEED an audible notification. Silly me.. style_emoticons }}

Quote:
Planet Paril
Team HQ,City of Pranth

<!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->Eve sits quietly as the request for more input on the imbalance is set. She grins slightly at Allison as if to say, 'You can make it shorter than I can!'

"Well, it's a long story," Allison says to Chronos, but looking around she directs it at everyone. "I'll try to streamline it a bit. Basically, the whole thing revolves around a sort of cyclic existance created by three primordial beings called Khamylyon, KHay, and Khayn. They were all Primals, but were known as "greater" Primals...effectively, to us, they were gods. After a long period of cooperation, Khayn suggested that they each assume mastery of a particular set of cosmological truths. Khamylyon became the incarnate of Light, Order, and what we know of as goodness, and founded an order of beings called Light Wielders. Khayn took over disorder, entropy, and darker, negative emotions...and founded an order called Dark Wielders. Khay took the middle road, espousing Balance above all, and founding the Prantic Order."

"Despite the fact that the Primals themselves did not hold each other in animosity, their followers constantly fought. Light versus dark, and dark versus light, and whenever things got too hairy, or one side seemed like it might win, the Prantic Order stepped in to restore balance. And in this way, cycles of light and dark, mediated by balance, became the operative paradigm of the universe."

She takes a deep breath. "What happened next is tricky, but apparently Ba'laan showed up just as the three Greater Primals were considering another big change. He stripped them of their power to change, and literally split what had been a single universe into seven different universes. It was at this time that he also imposed the Ban, stretching it back in time retroactively from that moment. The sudden separation helped keep the warring factions apart...and even when they tried to fight, the Ban made it very hard to with the equipment and tactics they'd known before."

"As for what the Iruar meant by imbalance, there's a few possibilites. One is that Khayn was an Iruar who'd been banished. It's possible they felt his continued monkeying with outside existence was a threat of some kind...or maybe just a loose end they wanted to fix. It's also possible that they anticipated the next big change, saw it as detrimental, and sent Ba'laan in to stop it. And finally...it's possible that Ba'laan has gone farther than he was meant to go, or that his agenda may not actually be to do what he was sent to do."

Rama listened intently while Allsion told the story. All three of his eyelids blink over their crystal orbs.

"So these Primal gods...they chose to become vessels for the trinity of existence? From my culture the trinity is embodied in the gods: Brahma, Shiva, and Vishnu. And the combined power of these Iruar gods...it was enough to defeat them?"

"From what you say, Bal'aans perspective is that of "fixing" reality. I believe some knowledge would light our way...Nomikos would allow us to research the specifics on the imbalance and the nature of what the Primals were planning to do before Ba'laan stopped them. For all we know, Ba'laan made the right choice, and only used overkill tactics...or perhaps overkill tactics were necessary."

"If we can understand the nature of what transpired, we would be in an execellent posiiton to come up with alternatives. Before the meeting, I had been telling Lady Eve how a being with Ba'laan's power could be a tremendous force of positivity. Rather than leave reality in darkness, he could grant every on of its inhabitants the Clear Light of Ascension. If he truly believes he is doing good, and we are thoroughly prepared when we speak to him, he may listen to us..."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->His voice trails off. He looks rather seriously at the others.

<!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->"Long range sensors have alerted me to 9 unknown quantum signatures entering our system at high warp velocities...one incomming to Paril!...hold on!...hmmm...they vanished! I am instructing the system to perform a self-diagnostic, though the readings appear to be genuine."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

He stands.

<!--coloro:#4169E1--><span style="color:#4169E1"><!--/coloro-->"Im going to investigate any residual traces of quantum before they fade. Please continue the meeting and I shall catch up when I return via the Holo-viewer. Lady Eve...I shall remain in contact with you through the defense network...let me know if anything happens here..."

His node eye opens fully, and a pinpoint of light grows into thin air. Within a moment, a pinpoint of blackness expands to fill it, save a silver shining circumfrenece. Linking through the black hole almost appears as a total eclipse. Then another ring of light opening into the star-filled beauty of space. Levitating from the floor, Rama floats into the vacuum.

((Activate Warp to nearest reading to Paril, aprox 300,000 miles...bribing the Ban just to be safe. Activate flight. Once through, A Node ping and quantum awareness to track any remaining quantum signature.))

{{Time update}}

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

11:<!--coloro:#ff0000--><span style="color:#ff0000"><!--/coloro-->49<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> hours

<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->{{Location update: some 300,000 miles away in far orbit of Paril}}

Rama steps out of the warp into deep space and as his body rapidly adjusts to the lack of pressure of deep space, he senses some feedback from his ping. The signal rapidly degrades and a second ping yields no results but he is able to conclusively determine that at least 5 of the signals simply vanished rather than leaving the area. There is no quantum trail to follow. Rama is out there so far for 7 minutes.

{{The ping echoes back only one of the objects immediately after it faded but QA shows some 4 others in the area but out of ping range. It appears the objects were very spread out, the remaining 4 way out of perception and ping range. All data points tot he objects simply disappearing. Approximate signature is equivalent to quantum 3-5.}}<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

11:49 hours

<!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->Eve addresses the group but in reply to Rama.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->"For the record, Just so you all know. The last time the library was entered was when Ba'laan came onto the scene. I wont get into the details but The library might not be hospitable anymore. We might have quite a battle once we find it."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->She then speaks to Rama for the recording. "Each Iruar is a greater Primal unto itself. Each one has more power than any god or 'tribunal' we have ever known and every single one of them imbued Ba'laan with their power, I dont think he can do anything besides overkill."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
Planet Paril
Team HQ,City of Pranth

<!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->Eve addresses the group but in reply to Rama.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->"For the record, Just so you all know. The last time the library was entered was when Ba'laan came onto the scene. I wont get into the details but The library might not be hospitable anymore. We might have quite a battle once we find it."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->She then speaks to Rama for the recording. "Each Iruar is a greater Primal unto itself. Each one has more power than any god or 'tribunal' we have ever known and every single one of them imbued Ba'laan with their power, I dont think he can do anything besides overkill."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Allison nods. "Of the three greater Primals I was talking about, only Khayn was one of the Iruar. And in banishing the great Primals and stripping their powers to change the universe...and then splintering reality into its present form, Ba'laan showed precisely what kind of feat he's capable of. Oh..."

She pauses for a moment, even as Rama warps out. With a quick shake of her head, Allison seesms to dismiss whatever had overcome her, and she regards the spot Rama vanished from with an irked look.

"A bit hasty isn't he? It's Glean. Somehow Glean made it here." She chuckles, shaking her head ruefully. "That's amazing."

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

"I don't suppose their is another group of super beings that could imbue use with incredible power? No I imagine that would be too convenient. However if the power can be transfered surely there is a way to drain it from Ba'laan."

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

Quote:
Doc comments,

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"When all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
"I don't suppose their is another group of super beings that could imbue use with incredible power? No I imagine that would be too convenient. However if the power can be transfered surely there is a way to drain it from Ba'laan."
Doc says,

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"Now there's a thought... and here's another. Do we have any idea what would happen to all that energy if the big guy were to die?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

{{Time update}}

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

11:<!--coloro:#ff0000--><span style="color:#ff0000"><!--/coloro-->53<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> hours

<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->"It is assumed since by all readings, Ba'laan does not emmanate any spectacular energy readings, not even into the quantum signatures, that his power is somehow linked to the Original Iruar. We believe that they can take it back at any time should they deem it necessary and should he die, it will return to the original owners. Ba'laan does not scan any different than a mundane to any syatem we have used thus far."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
{{Time update}}
Planet Paril
Team HQ,City of Pranth
11:<!--coloro:#ff0000--><span style="color:#ff0000"><!--/coloro-->53<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> hours

<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->"It is assumed since by all readings, Ba'laan does not emmanate any spectacular energy readings, not even into the quantum signatures, that his power is somehow linked to the Original Iruar. We believe that they can take it back at any time should they deem it necessary and should he die, it will return to the original owners. Ba'laan does not scan any different than a mundane to any syatem we have used thus far."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

"So maybe we can convince the other Iruar to take back their powers. He'd still be an Iruar himself...but he'd be more manageable with just his own powers... If we could show them what he's doing, and appeal that he's not doing what he was meant to do..." She trails off. "Assuming that's true."

{{Time update}}

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

11:<!--coloro:#ff0000--><span style="color:#ff0000"><!--/coloro-->55<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> hours Alert to Rama

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=1481:date=Feb 5 2007, 03&#58;36 PM:name=Eve)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eve &#064; Feb 5 2007, 03&#58;36 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->{{Time update}}

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->"It is assumed since by all readings, Ba'laan does not emmanate any spectacular energy readings, not even into the quantum signatures, that his power is somehow linked to the Original Iruar. We believe that they can take it back at any time should they deem it necessary and should he die, it will return to the original owners. Ba'laan does not scan any different than a mundane to any system we have used thus far."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

"So maybe we can convince the other Iruar to take back their powers. He'd still be an Iruar himself...but he'd be more manageable with just his own powers... If we could show them what he's doing, and appeal that he's not doing what he was meant to do..." She trails off. "Assuming that's true."

"Assumptions are all we have right now. Unless we can somehow hold an audience with his people and see what his plans were to be."

Eve gives a accusing glance to Allison.

"Perhaps you can 'see' what he was meant to do somehow? or would we need ot have Ba'laan himself relatively close for you to get a link. Otherwise we are purely under assumptions and that can be dangerous. Maybe an audience with Ba'laan himself..."

Eve too trails off then adds;

"I agree that our best path is to head to StarHaven and ultimately to the Library of Nomikos. This path will lead us through the World Serpent, where we can lend a hand if need be. Along the way we can vie for Ba'laans attention somehow and see where we stand. It might be prudent to get another view of the story."

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

11:<!--coloro:#ff0000--><span style="color:#ff0000"><!--/coloro-->55<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> hours Alert to Rama

Quote:
Eve too trails off then adds;

"I agree that our best path is to head to StarHaven and ultimately to the Library of Nomikos. This path will lead us through the World Serpent, where we can lend a hand if need be. Along the way we can vie for Ba'laans attention somehow and see where we stand. It might be prudent to get another view of the story."

Doc says,

<!--coloro:blue--><span style="color:blue"><!--/coloro-->"I agree about the Library, but getting Ba'laans attention would be dangerous. We are threats to him. His ignorance of this is the biggest factor in our survival, and far too useful to disgard on the hope he's reasonable. We should assume he knows exactly what he's doing. He either doesn't care, or he views the outcome as worth the cost."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

{{'poligies all, for th' delay... style_emoticons }}

{{Time update}}

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

11:<!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->54 <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->hours

{{Location update: some 300,000 miles away in far orbit of Paril}}

Rama had spent the last 5 minutes opening warps to investigate the signals deeper out into the System, towards their point of entry.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->{{12 minutes later}}

Sensor 21324.RTE {Deep space long range hyper-spatial array}

tracked by sensor arrays 21319.NS through 21323.NS

{{tracking another object on an identical course of the small objects.}}

--Single High Warp Object. Exceeding Known Terran warp levels; equivalent warp factor 43.

--One oject..106.5 Kilograms, apparent humanoid.

--Direct bearing toward Planet Paril, trajectory Team Compound Business offices.{{not the same building you are in now.

--Threat class undetermined, high-quantum emmisions exceeding level 820. (data can be corrupted coming from trans-warp space.))

{{as the object slows to N-Space translation speeds, the scanner is able to scann deeper.}}

--Object's pattern is 98.876% a copy of Nova known as Glean, Karan Argot. Ex-Team member.

{{The defense network then is asking for input. It asks for input on all of these, as it did not detect a threat on the Drones but is not certain as to an action against what might be classified as 'Friend'.}}<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--coloro:#0000FF--><span style="color:#0000FF"><!--/coloro-->

<!--fonto:Impact--><span style="font-family:Impact"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><**Stand down alert status. Resume standard scanning mode.**><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#9932CC--><span style="color:#9932CC"><!--/coloro-->

*Eve. I assume you have been informed as well. I am going to meet him.*

Rama calculates at a nigh countless rate, plotting the vector of the slowing Nova. Opening a final Warp to intercept, Rama crosses the abyss once more. He stands there upon nothingness, only endless space, cosmic radiation and the Being known as Glean.

Handing the Nova a small radio communications device, Rama greets their wayward teammate.

"Welcome to the Paril system."

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

11:54 hours

<!--coloro:#ffa500--><span style="color:#ffa500"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Allison, Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

{{Location update: some 300,000 miles away in far orbit of Paril}}

Space went on and on. The stars were mostly just blurs save for when Glean paid them more than passing attention. When he glanced at something, even at this speed, his quantum charged senses allowed him to zero in on the smallest detail. Hair color and skin type, ship registration numbers, even small things like the time displayed on wrist-watches, were all discernable to him from deep space even at superluminal speeds. He normally would look at things like that as he passed by but this time he was hell-bent on entering the system his scout drones told him his friends were sighted in. All he did was look ahead, into deep space and beyond to where he knew the galactic coordinates came from. Then he detected something that alerted him; far ahead of him in his path, DIRECTLY in his path, a series of spatial warps were opening in sequence toward him. He slowed and focused all his awareness as he focused on the last warp closing and the space ahead where the next one was opening, only a few hundred miles away. {{Rama would probably see what might be considered a star moving in his direction, regarding the intensity in which Glean is glowing as he pushes himself}}

Glean slows to a literal crawl (probably only.05 C) and slower when he realizes it is a humanoid. It is only when he gets a ping back that the person is a nova that he slows further to a halt. Glean focuses intently to dim himself as much as he can so as to not appear blindingly bright and possibly come on as an offense.

All of his senses prying to tell him something of this Nova until he detects what he wanted to see. The nova called Rama will note Glean's demeanor de-intensify }}) from one of pure defense and speculation to one of concern and anticipation. (if Rama can find a way to see 'thru' the intensly brigth glowing aura {{I am told than any level of mega perception, or someone with very dark sunglasses, can peer through the glare and "glean" a look upon Glean's visage when I dim this low.}}

Whether or not Rama is incapable of gazing directly at Glean, he will see a tendril of significantly less bright light energy stretch out from Glean and come toward him. At the end of the tendril is a small data-pad, or PDA, for the most part, made of pure quantum energy. Glean makes several languages that he knows (English, Portuguese, Devonian display in text across the small screen for Rama to see.

<!--coloro:#0000ff--><span style="color:#0000ff"><!--/coloro--><div align="center">::Greetings. I am called Glean. I am from a planet far away and I am looking for some accomplices of mine. I intend no harm or conflict of any sort. If you have a method of communicating here please do so; or if you merely understand this but cannot reply, please nod your head. I will then follow you to the nearest non-hostile atmosphere so we can talk a moment.::</div><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Glean smiles and nods as Rama (hopefully) reads the PDA. He then waits about 30 seconds and if there is no nod or remark to say he was understood, he will be off at superluminal speeds once more.

Archived