Aberrant: Ba'alt Re: Of Flesh and Future

Narrator

I suggest Crumble going first. He's the one with the social skills and we'd really like to recruite these guys... and at close range he might be able to tell if it's a clone or even Glean. Also if it does turn violent then Smite can (hopefully) make his move from surprise.

• Replies 411
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
I suggest Crumble going first. He's the one with the social skills and we'd really like to recruite these guys... and at close range he might be able to tell if it's a clone or even Glean. Also if it does turn violent then Smite can (hopefully) make his move from surprise.

Alright, I'll be close enough to over hear and take these guys down if necessary

Rama will close to a distance enough to (attempt) to keep a calm on the situation but staying back and out of sight. He shifts his eufiber into commoner clothing with a hood and uses q-attune while Crumble approaches to (hopefully) tell if the other being is about to power up anything. Failing peaceful resolutions he will keep a gravity well in his hip pocket...

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->"You wont find my 'colleague'; we aren't some two-bit shredders off the street there John. We come from a long way away to do what we are doing here. And like I said, your...."<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Did he actually say "John" or was it "Joe"?

Crumble ID'ed himself as "Joe" because as a matter of habit, and choice, or whatever, he consideres himself to be "Joe Crumb" at this age. This way if someone calls up and says "I'd like to speak to John" we know who to put on.

EDIT: Was that Teleport a ban breaking one or not?

he did call you as you introduced yourself, so Joe it is... that was a misdo on my part...sorry.

And yes, the port was Ban breaking as far as you can tell Crumble. There is a hint however of some 'colored' quantum about the use of power that hints to the user attempting to 'bribe' the Ban...

{{When I say coloered it is referrence to the fact that all enrgies emit a sort of color to QA and mega-perception. A trained eye could determine that one color of the quantum was being used for the initial power use and the differring color in quantum would be residual or unused and thus get gobbled up and then subsequently ignored by the Ban.}}

The Integrity Manshark is a Heavy Pistol in line with the Ares Predator. style_emoticons

Integrity is the firearm manufacturer.

<!--coloro:#FF6600--><span style="color:#FF6600"><!--/coloro-->The Man shark fires a 11.53x35mm round and is a massive revolver. It is chambered for the .454 Casull cartridge, one of the most potent rounds in existence. TheManshark incorporates numerous recoil-reducing designs, such as an integral compensator and 3cm-long expansion chamber in the barrel, as well as specially designed ergonomic grips. The Manshark also features fully-adjustable fore- and rear sights, as well as available mountings for other optics, and a unique hex-key operated security system that locks the hammer in place, and comes with a standard 16cm barrel. The Manshark is perhaps the highest caliber (and most powerful) handgun usable by unaugmented humans.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->"Alright, let us move in. We move in diamond formation and then spread. I will take point. Richard you have drag. Whisper you have right flank, and Richard I need you to pull the left.

Now when you are through look for cover and spread. "

And with that Smite will step through the corridor.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Rama was suggesting going after Crumble now...he can open a warp for the party but within a few miles of the location...we would have to pin it down further when we got there.

Do you really want to move in on the HWW dealer now, without crumble or the possible backup of the other novas? Not sure how long they will stay put either with port capabilities like we have seen.

And if we do go in on the weapons dealer, could you please explain what the above meant? Did you want Rama or Richard on drag/left?

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=1141:date=Oct 17 2006, 10&#58;15 AM:name=Rama)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rama &#064; Oct 17 2006, 10&#58;15 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Rama raises an eyebrow at Whisper, giving her a quizzical look. <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"I did just say that I had a lock on their location...I can open a warp in their vicinity whenever we like, though I would advise we come to a decision shortly. There is no telling how long they will remain at their present location...Might I also add that anyone packing Hyperwave weapons is almost certain to have other nasty suprises...we might need those other Novas to help us out. Smite, a warp is available upon your mark...<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

"Alright, let us move in. We move in diamond formation and then spread. I will take point. Richard you have drag. Whisper you have right flank, and Richard I need you to pull the left.

Now when you are through look for cover and spread. "

And with that Smite will step through the corridor.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=1153:date=Oct 18 2006, 11&#58;44 AM:name=Rama)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rama &#064; Oct 18 2006, 11&#58;44 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Rama replies,
<!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->
"I understand your meaning now. I agree, that we should not enter into the situation blind...and your captivating eyes let us "see" what others cannot. You provide us with an enormous tactical advantage. What can you tell us of our weapons dealer?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Whisper's eyes unfocus slightly as she projects her awareness outward into the crowded streets again. She has some idea of what they're like this time, from the images from the nova's mind. And they'll be cautious, maybe a bit nervous that the nova hasn't shown yet. Waiting. Hiding.

She starts with the people near where the nova had been, and moves outward from there, sampling each person's surface thoughts and discarding them when they turned out to be wrong...

Just so I am on...you are making a warp near Crumble and heading that way? Or are ya heading to the Hyper tech dealer?

Pardon me all, I have had Vertigo for 3 days...its not a fun thing to have.... style_emoticons

Quote:
Yeah I was waiting for clarification from Smite before declaring. Sounds like weapons dealer to me too which is why he asked Whisper to give us some intel....go Whisper!

Yeah, we need to be a little more clear when posting, especially when multiple possiblities are possible. (Ie, go to Crumble or the dealer.) style_emoticons

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=1157:date=Oct 19 2006, 04&#58;24 PM:name=Rama)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rama &#064; Oct 19 2006, 04&#58;24 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Yeah I was waiting for clarification from Smite before declaring. Sounds like weapons dealer to me too which is why he asked Whisper to give us some intel....go Whisper!

Yeah, we need to be a little more clear when posting, especially when multiple possiblities are possible. (Ie, go to Crumble or the dealer.) style_emoticons

Dealer first, we need to impound those weapons and their maker before the ban breaking gets us Lizard men and they destroy the atmosphere. After that we can retrieve Crumble. He can handle himself for a few moments and I'd don't want to sour his speach by showing up to early.

Quote:
Crumble will note the lights dimming ever so slightly and some people of the masses around him look up toward the ceiling now and then as if something caught their eye. Nova's within 400 meters will notice an acrid "feel" to the quantum being channeled.

Crumble and Smite (AND ANY OF THE NEW ONES WITH MEGA INTEL) will note these as tell tale sign of a start of ban beacon. If similar powers to the one that offended it in the first place are cancelled and not used in the region (possibly up to 500 miles away) the beacon will fade in a matter of minutes.

For that matter, Eve and Chronos back at the base will get an alarm telling of the event as well.

meaning that cloaked spatial manipulating powers should be safe to use. ONly offending like-powers are at risk.

Mind you, since the Ban is looking, it might be sensible and prudent to refrain from using any Banned powers in the vacinity. However, I said 'Should' because all the best guess from the studies of the ban energies assume such facts from testing and close measure. The powers will always work when a Ban incursion is in effect but they might be more subjct to backlash from the Ban and such.

Crumble and those in the 'know' would consider it a safe bet to use another banned power in the vacinity if and only iff it was cloaked. Using a similar power as what formed the beacon would be asking for it.

Quote:
When he reaches the three he looks intently at Crumble. <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"My powers are normally cloaked from the Ban even without "The Bribe." I can reinforce this cloaking with the method we have been taught...In your experience will this be enough to allow us safe transport home?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

{If the answer is yes, Rama will open up his Warp. In addition to his usual cloaking he will pay he extra quantum to hide from the Ban for good measure.}

In short, say the Ban is normally at 12 AP's of Awareness. Now because of it hearing the port by San, it is focusing here more intently, say at 24 AP's. It is aggreably twice as sensitive now as ever so it would be best to use the bribe in conjunction with your normal stealth.

Again however, this is all best guesses you are gambling your life on, potentially speaking. style_emoticons

I got a phone call and never finished the thought there. You likely saw that didnt you Rama? I am tellin' you, you really ought to be a proof reader or something...very sharp you are.. style_emoticons

shoud read:

In short, say the Ban is normally at 12 AP's of Awareness. Now because of it hearing the port by San, it is focusing here more intently, say at 24 AP's. It is aggreably twice as sensitive now as ever so it would be best to use the bribe in conjunction with your normal stealth.<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro--> That means that even if you use a different Banned power it has a better chance of seeing you now; it has an even better chance of seeing you if you use the same offending power.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Again however, this is all best guesses you are gambling your life on, potentially speaking.

Quote:
I don't know if Richard's Telekinesis power is Ban-breaking or not, but I'm also assuming that you can drop more than usual to make the cloak more effective; he'd happily up it by half if it means a better chance of getting away with it.

However, if the crate is light enough for him to carry it, then there's no need for TK at all.

The crate can be easily carried by someone with 4 or more AP's of strength.

Quote:
Check me on this: Allison and Zeph are off somewhere on vacation?

Well in sorts, yes....but a working vacation. Zeph was called away to handle some things as only he can do and Allison decided to go with him.
Who called Zeph away yuo might ask? Asche via Pax Concordat.

Quote:
Planet Paril
Team HQ,City of Pranta
12:30 hours
Arestan 13, 498 CY

Participants: Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama, Richard

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->"The flow of weapons? Then these weapons are actually being used somewhere?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

MAybe my thesaurus is not working in my head right now. To what are you referring to in the "flow" of weapons.

OK, on the subject of what to do next,

I think we should go after the source of the weapons.

Reasons:

1) San & Kinter would be useful when looking for that other nova, and they're going to be in medical right now getting healing/training.

2) It'd be useful to find out if the source of the weapons is from the powerful nova that created San & Kinter.

Agreed...but we need to ask Henrick who he met with to get the weapons. Was it Sinal or someone else...We should attempt to capture and confront her regardless since she was up to no good regardless.

And I agree that we should confront Wisp with San and Kinter...making him come clean in front of us and them will help win them to our cause...especially since it seems like he sent them on a suicide mission...

at the same time we can see about rescuing their sister. Eve, Chronos, and Kara could bring her out of the coma, further earning thier gratitude.

RE: the crawl...

So I will post my status here...Essentially I have been working two jobs in SF half the week while simultaneously packing stuff in my hometown for the move and have spent the last 3 months looking for an apratment almost non-stop in a staurated and highly competitive market.

I have finally found a good spot and so when I am not working I will be in the process of moving for the next month. I can still check and post often while at work however, between apointments so I should be able to keep up, though my posting rate will go down for a bit.

Mostly I've been lagging cuz it seems everyone else has been...

Eve, Chronos, and Kara could bring her out of the coma, further earning their gratitude.

Kara for sure, Eve perhaps, Doc not at all. Doc is good at faking it if he can deal with things soon, but he's not a "true" healer and he knows it. He's got a window of days where he can try to edit things, and the sister's problem is way outside that window.

Quote:
Doc nods,

"Agreed. So it looks like we take it easy for a few days."

I am gonna assume you all take it easy and lay low for a few days. Go ahead and post a few closing remarks if desired or move it mostly to freepost to cover the time lapse.

I will posts a narrative update tomorrow.

Archived