Aberrant: Ba'alt - Re: Of Flesh and Future..

Narrator

Planet Paril

Market Arcology,City of Tsana

11:00 hours

Arestan 13, 498 CY

<!--coloro:#FF6600--><span style="color:#FF6600"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Smite, Crumble, Whisper, Rama, Richard<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Smite is the last to leave, bringing the dealer along regardless of his consent. He will make sure that they aren't followed through the portal.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=1196:date=Oct 25 2006, 07&#58;34 PM:name=Chronos)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chronos &#064; Oct 25 2006, 07&#58;34 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Planet Paril
Arestan 13, 498 CY

<!--coloro:#FF6600--><span style="color:#FF6600"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Smite, Crumble, Whisper, Rama, Richard<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Crumble almost hesitates, you can almost see him weigh all the various factors, but he answers Rama,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->"That should do it, but Bribe it hard. These two haven't been taught correctly how to deal with the Ban. We have to get them under cover. Take us just to the training facility."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Rama obliges without further comment, opening his warp directly to the Med Labs with the Quantum dampening rooms (obviously not inside said rooms...). He will bribe the Ban to the limit of his 7th Instar Node...

Once there he helps secure the two sick Novas in the Quantum dampening medlab, where they will hopefully be more hidden, while the others find Eve and Chronos.
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
Rama is successful in birnging in the uncounciouss San and the suffering Kinter. They are quickly given some 'meds' from Eve and Chronos after which they fall asleep.

Quote:
Planet Paril
Arestan 13, 498 CY

Smite is the last to leave, bringing the dealer along regardless of his consent. He will make sure that they aren't followed through the portal.

People are a bit surprised and shocked by tear in space and some screaming and panic is heard but you are all out (with the more than cooperative dealer) and the warp is closed before media drones are able to record anything.

Planet Paril
Team HQ,City of Pranta
11:48 hours
Arestan 13, 498 CY

Eve tell all that the beacon is long over and it is now safe to go about using powers as normal. No seed of Dark fae is detected and there are no lasting psychosis in any of the nearbye people. All is well.

The dealer (Henrick Falson) will cooperate with you all that you ask. He does not know a name of the person who had him deliver here and he was supposed to sell to a native here claiming to be a member of the "shadow intel network." The names sounds more like something made up than something official and was likely more of a password to get the deal done. The dealer was paid 20 million credits for the deal and was allowed to keep whatever profit he made without having to send any money back to the original supplier.

Planet Paril

Team HQ, City of Pranta

Arestan 13, 498 CY

Whisper adds, "Two weeks ago on Tunis Prime, in the Hayes system, Henrick met a red haired woman by the name of Sinal, who laid a powerful mental compulsion on him to sell these weapons. He believed her to be of the House Augustus-Hayes."

Quote:
Planet Paril
Team HQ, City of Pranta
Arestan 13, 498 CY

Whisper adds, "Two weeks ago on Tunis Prime, in the Hayes system, Henrick met a red haired woman by the name of Sinal, who laid a powerful mental compulsion on him to sell these weapons. He believed her to be of the House Augustus-Hayes."

<!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"Then it seems we have our next destination...How soon will you be ready to depart?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Planet Paril

Team HQ, City of Pranta

Arestan 13, 498 CY

Upon arrival, Crumble and Chronos walk off into another room briefly and only Chronos comes back. Oddly they don't appear to say anything to each other.

Quote:
<!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"Then it seems we have our next destination...How soon will you be ready to depart?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
Doc sits down and frowns deeply. He says,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->"Someone is pulling strings. Our two new friends think they are fighting the ban. They also say another nova made them erupt and that most of the "other" novas work for someone called "Teras"."

"I have to wonder if this wasn't an attept to bring the Ban down on us in a big way. Teras creates two novas, sends them out without training in taint or ban avoidance. It blows up on us. It could also be that we were supposed to find this and follow the trail back. We may be heading into a trap... but there's also the possibility of linking up with powerful novas who are also fighting the Ban."

"This is really the sort of thing I'd like Allison's advice on."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
Planet Paril
Team HQ,City of Pranta
Arestan 13, 498 CY

"I have to wonder if this wasn't an attept to bring the Ban down on us in a big way. Teras creates two novas, sends them out without training in taint or ban avoidance. It blows up on us. It could also be that we were supposed to find this and follow the trail back. We may be heading into a trap... but there's also the possibility of linking up with powerful novas who are also fighting the Ban."
"I hate to play Devil's Advocate, but it could just be that whoever trained them had a reason for wanting them dead. Are we going to wait for these new novas to be, well, telepathically scanned first, so that we have a better idea of who they were working with?"

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=1202:date=Oct 26 2006, 07&#58;35 PM:name=Chronos)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chronos &#064; Oct 26 2006, 07&#58;35 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Planet Paril
Team HQ,City of Pranta
Arestan 13, 498 CY

"I hate to play Devil's Advocate, but it could just be that whoever trained them had a reason for wanting them dead. Are we going to wait for these new novas to be, well, telepathically scanned first, so that we have a better idea of who they were working with?"

Whisper smirks. "No need to wait. I scanned one of them in some depth before 'Crumble's little performance. Amazingly enough, they seem to have nothing to do with us. It's almost as if...there was a whole universe out there that does not revolve around us."

She paces to a window and peers out, arms folded over her chest. "Their eruptions and training thus far were at the faculties of another nova named Wisp. They have been doing this sort of thing for a little while now. Wisp's instructions and comments thus far do not evidence any foreknowledge of us. Exactly how Wisp avoids the Ban, or expects them to, is an open question. I don't gather that they were even aware of it before."

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranta

Arestan 13, 498 CY

"We have to be careful, and make sure that while we are focused on the posibility of deception we do not succum to paranioa. It would serve us ill to those focus in either case.

Though I do think that our enemies would have done a better job if they were trying to bait a trap. This seems kind of have hearted and all. "

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranta

Arestan 13, 498 CY

<!--coloro:#FF6600--><span style="color:#FF6600"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama, Richard<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->"All of that bothers me. These guys were made by a Power, but they are obviously pawns. Trap bait... although granted maybe not for us."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

(To Whisper) <!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->"Any idea what they wanted the weapons for? All they told me was they wanted to make a statement, something about the Emporer of Earth."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

(Whatever she says)

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->"So, the obvious move is to regain quantum, then head out after either this Wisp character or the Merchant's head twister. I think the head twister would be better, I think I want a little more information about Wisp first."

"Same split as before I would think, Crumble goes, Eve and I stay and start training our two ban breakers. Speaking of which, that was very close. One more bad move on their part would have meant our fleeing the planet."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Rama replies,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->

"You said they asked you, pardon, Crumble, if he was "for Terra." Do you think they are fanatical enough to make a statement by burning off the Earth's atmosphere?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
Rama replies,
<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->
"You said they asked you, pardon, Crumble, if he was "for Terra." Do you think they are fanatical enough to make a statement by burning off the Earth's atmosphere?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Whisper shakes her head. "It wouldn't be very pro-Earth to burn off Earth's atmosphere." She holds up a hand. "Quiet for a moment, let me think."

Realizing that she hadn't previously learned much about the weapons, she reaches out to scan the pair again, this time concentrating on the hyperweapons and precisely they wanted with them...assuming they were just out to bust a dealer.

After a moment she nods.

"They were after the dealer. The weapons were just evidence against him. It seems the Emperor of Terra has declared these weapons to be double plus illegal, and turning them in, along with the dealer, would be a way for Sam and Kinter to curry some favor... Interesting. Interesting. So on one side we have a phony dealer, mind-controlled into doing something illegal. On the other we have a pair of 'novas' desperate to be accepted into the only society novas have in this galaxy, ready to scoop up said dealer at the behest of this 'Wisp' character...who just -happened- to know where to send them and who to single out."

She reaches up to twirl a bit of violet hair around her finger.

"Anyone care to take bets on Wisp having red hair?"

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranta

Arestan 13, 498 CY

<!--coloro:#ff6600--><span style="color:#ff6600"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama, Richard</SPAN>

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=1221:date=Oct 30 2006, 01&#58;18 PM:name=Rama)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rama &#064; Oct 30 2006, 01&#58;18 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Rama replies,

<!--coloro:#3333ff--><span style="color:#3333ff"><!--/coloro-->

Whisper shakes her head. "It wouldn't be very pro-Earth to burn off Earth's atmosphere." She holds up a hand. "Quiet for a moment, let me think."

Realizing that she hadn't previously learned much about the weapons, she reaches out to scan the pair again, this time concentrating on the hyperweapons and precisely they wanted with them...assuming they were just out to bust a dealer.

After a moment she nods.

"They were after the dealer. The weapons were just evidence against him. It seems the Emperor of Terra has declared these weapons to be double plus illegal, and turning them in, along with the dealer, would be a way for Sam and Kinter to curry some favor... Interesting. Interesting. So.... <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->Eve had been coming in and out of te rom at various times checking in on San and Kinter. She had just come in to give a status on the pair when Whisper was speaking.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->

Quote:
...on one side we have a phony dealer, mind-controlled into doing something illegal. On the other we have a pair of 'novas' desperate to be accepted into the only society novas have in this galaxy, ready to scoop up said dealer at the behest of this 'Wisp' character...who just -happened- to know where to send them and who to single out."

She reaches up to twirl a bit of violet hair around her finger.

"Anyone care to take bets on Wisp having red hair?"

<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->Eve blinks a few times then sighs. "San will likely wake up soon. He was te hardest hit and I have never seen anything like this. When he called the Ban to him, we'll call it Paradox, the energies saw that he was not pure-strain terran as well. He is an alterant replicant also and was created of biogenetic stock so is technically an artificial intelligence as I am." <!--coloro:#ff0000--><span style="color:#ff0000"><!--/coloro--> <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><a href="http://aberrantprime.com/Flux/index.php?showtopic=78&hl=replicant" target="_blank"><!--coloro:#ff0000--><span style="color:#ff0000"><!--/coloro-->{{see this topic.}}<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--></a> ((The empire does alot of creating replicants and transhumans to bolster their numbers. Tis why the humans empire is so vast and transhumans are half of the number on the planet you are on today))<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->"Thats not the alarming part to me really. Its the fact that whoever created San had to know every detail about him and had to actually design his Node, or his latent node which eventually allowed him to erupt. Since we know Pax Con tried a few times to see of they could erupt us Keepers on MoonDark to no avail; we were never made with a latent node."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->She grins.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->"Kinter will be ok. He is pure-strain like the rest of you. He is waking up now and should be around shortly."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->As she walks out of the room, she laughs softly and says to the air;<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->"Whisper, I'd bet against you but I would just be stealing your money."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranta

Arestan 13, 498 CY

<!--coloro:#FF6600--><span style="color:#FF6600"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Smite,Chronos, Whisper, Rama, Richard<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Smite listened as Whisper filled them in the manner of the new nova's construction. He reflected that it was good to have a telepath on the team again. They tended to cut through the bullshit with unprecident ease. No interrogation, no drugs, and no pleading.

"It seems to me that this Wisp needs to be investigated and any other novas she may have created need to be tracked down. If she is trying to trap us, she did a piss poor job of it. So near as I can tell this is an elaborate plan for someone completely different. We need to follow this back to the source and deal with it.

It would behove us to recruit someone who can create nova's relatively easily, as that would be useful in this organization and it keeps her from creating them outside of our perview. "

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranta

Arestan 13, 498 CY

<!--coloro:#FF6600--><span style="color:#FF6600"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama, Richard<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Chronos says,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?I wonder how far our cannon fodder goes? The mind controlled merchant is obviously a pawn, but the interesting question is whether he?s Wisp?s pawn? As far as the novas are concerned, they bust him and look good for this Emperor? but I can?t shake the idea that they?re cannon fodder themselves. They show up on Earth with heavy ban breaking seriously illegal weapons... and what happens next? Do they look good to the authorities, or does someone else bust them with the weaponry and look good themselves? If that was the plan, then not telling them about QBS makes sense. Training takes time, and this is a throw away mission.?

?Eve? is it possible San?s node isn?t stable? That he?s got a very limited lifespan built in somehow??<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranta

Arestan 13, 498 CY

Participants: Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama, Richard

<!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->Eve pauses in thought a moment.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->"I can run some more tests but it will take awhile. This is something Kara would be good at. Give me a few hours."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->

<!--coloro:#ff6600--><span style="color:#ff6600"><!--/coloro-->{{In about 45 minutes Eve will return with more data. Meanwhile Kinter is left to rest; he is rather sleepy..}}

<!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranta

12:30 hours

Arestan 13, 498 CY

<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->Participants: Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama, Richard

<!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->Eve returns to the room with her PDA.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->"As far as I can tell, he is going to last as long as a normal nova and gather as much taint as normal. He is bordering on the 7th Instar ((6 dots of Node)) rating however which shows much promise. To me, the fact that his node is exceptional verifies design. It is just too coincidental."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->Kinter also returns to the land of awakedness. He was just recently debriefed by Eve on what happened and his head is still spinning.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->"The only question I have though is, Did we get the weapons and dealer?" this is directed to any present, especially Doc if around.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranta

Arestan 13, 498 CY

<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->Participants: Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama, Richard

Doc shows no surprise to what Eve said and comments,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?So he?s not immune to taint. The cannon fodder theory gains more support.?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

(later)

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->Kinter also returns to the land of awakedness. He was just recently debriefed by Eve on what happened and his head is still spinning.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#000000--><span style="color:#000000"><!--/coloro-->"The only question I have though is, Did we get the weapons and dealer?" this is directed to any present, especially Doc if around.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Doc responds,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?The dealer - yes, the weapons - only partly. Of more interest, Crumble?s fears are largely being born out. You aren?t immune to Taint.?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
Planet Paril
Team HQ,City of Pranta
Arestan 13, 498 CY

Doc nods and remarks,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->"Yes. Why, Is that important?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Kinter replies;
"We are told the campaign is not going to go well, without him we have no case for locating the source of the weapons."

Quote:
Planet Paril
Team HQ,City of Pranta
Arestan 13, 498 CY

Kinter replies;
"We are told the campaign is not going to go well, without him we have no case for locating the source of the weapons."

Rama replies:
<!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->
"We aren't sure if he is even aware of the source...the dealers mind has been tampered with and we have a lead on by whom..."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranta

Arestan 13, 498 CY

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->"The source of weapons? Are these weapons are actually being used somewhere? If not, how did you learn of this before that happened?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranta

Arestan 13, 498 CY

"Yes, these weapons are very rare from what San explained to me, but they are indeed not unheard of in some systems. And from what I understand, they are adaptations of an actual starship weapon into a hand-held; this was accomplished via another Nova intelligence, one of the Teras I suppose."

Kinter looks concerned and asks about San. When he hears what happened to him form Eve he is no more pleased and wants to do something. He is also really interested in learning how to stave off the ban with his power use.

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranta

Arestan 13, 498 CY

Rama, still standing with the others, replies first to Chronos,

<!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->

"It was my understanding that the use of such weapons would alert the Ban. Am I mistaken or does this mean that certain places in the universe are not yet under it's aegis?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

...and then to Kinter,

<!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"San will be fine. As soon as he has recovered, these fine people," he gestures to Eve and the Doctor, "will be more than happy to instruct you in this practice. What you don't realize is how close you both came to dooming this entire world and our operation here...No, there is no reason to feel guilty. We are just very concerned about the intentions and aparent lack of responsibility on the part of your mentor, Wisp."

"Also, tell us more on why you feel Henrick is so important. As I said, he was not acting on his own will, his mind has been tampered with, and while we have a lead on a woman named Sinal, it is still unclear if she provided the weapons or sent Henrick to a third party..."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
Richard will get the attention of either Eve or Chronos, and gesture them out into the hallway (figuring that there's less of a chance of our two capturees overhearing).

"If these guys don't have anything to do with us, is there anything wrong with turning them loose and trailing them back to whoever this Wisp person is?"
Doc answers,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->"They haven't been trained in avoiding the Ban. They haven't been trained in avoiding taint. They have seriously ban breaking powers. At the moment they're like walking ban bombs for the planet. Deal with that and they'll make good allies, and we can then look into whether their lacks were delibrate on Wisp's part."

"I mean... what do you think will happen if they open up another gate right now?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=1249:date=Nov 9 2006, 02&#58;08 AM:name=Jedi Richard Thorne)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jedi Richard Thorne &#064; Nov 9 2006, 02&#58;08 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Richard will get the attention of either Eve or Chronos, and gesture them out into the hallway (figuring that there's less of a chance of our two capturees overhearing).

"If these guys don't have anything to do with us, is there anything wrong with turning them loose and trailing them back to whoever this Wisp person is?"
Doc answers,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->"They haven't been trained in avoiding the Ban. They haven't been trained in avoiding taint. They have seriously ban breaking powers. At the moment they're like walking ban bombs for the planet. Deal with that and they'll make good allies, and we can then look into whether their lacks were delibrate on Wisp's part."

"I mean... what do you think will happen if they open up another gate right now?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

"I really would advise against that," a familiar (to some) voice says from behind, as the door to the room swishes open.

Allison walks in, her red hair longer and hanging loose down her back, and her freckled face grinning widely. "Hi guys."

Quote:
Doc answers,

Richard frowns as he considers this. "Well then, how did they get here if they couldn't do it without setting off the Ban? You sort of implied that they're not native to this world, but if they're setting off the Ban, how did they get from their home to here?"

Quote:
"I really would advise against that," a familiar (to some) voice says from behind, as the door to the room swishes open.

Allison walks in, her red hair longer and hanging loose down her back, and her freckled face grinning widely. "Hi guys."
Richard glances between the newcomer and Chronos. "Hello, who're you?"

Quote:
Richard glances between the newcomer and Chronos. "Hello, who're you?"

Allison's grin at Chronos fades down to a smile as she looks at Richard, Rama and Whisper. Though she lacks the hyperpefection of Eve and Kara, and the telepathic augmented appearance of Whisper, there's something about Allison that makes her hard to ignore; a subtle emanation that commands the attention despite her apparently soft-spoken nature. To Chronos, Smite and anyone else who know Allison, this is new...possibly even a little unsettling, though it's overall effect is one of intense calm or peace. Richard might instinctively associate it with the perfect equanamity of a Jedi Master...

She's dressed in a very light creme-beige colored tunic, belted at the waist with a cloth belt, and a pair of darker brown trousers, fairly loose fitting. The toes of sneakers poke out from the hems of the trouser legs.

"Some introductions are in order. I'm Allison. Allison Larkspur...I'm one of Dr. Chronos' and Smite's co-workers. I've been away for a little while, but...well...some business came up for Zephraine, and I was getting some kind of nerve-wracking visions from over here, so I thought I'd come back. Looks like you guys managed alright without me though."

She gives Chronos a quick look that suggests she'll have more words for him later.

Doc looks at Allison and smiles and says,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->"Allison, it's good to see you!"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Afterwards he gives her a long glance then he relaxes.

Quote:
Richard frowns as he considers this. "Well then, how did they get here if they couldn't do it without setting off the Ban? You sort of implied that they're not native to this world, but if they're setting off the Ban, how did they get from their home to here?"
Doc says,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->"Oh, they broke the Ban. There?s a variant of Russian Rolette where you add a bullet to the gun every time you try it, what they did is sort of like that. It?s easy to be lucky at the beginning.?

?And without Crumble?s interference they would have made it back home without the situation blowing up on them. The two extra power uses they made dealing with him pushed them over the limit.?

?Could be someone?s idea of insurance against them going off on their own and disserting? Any ideas??<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

(From Doc?s tone this last is extremely speculative and he seems to be talking to Allison.)

Rama, taking in the whole exchange of looks, body languge and quantum subtleties puts things together instantaneously.

<!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"Greetings to you Alison." <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> Rama bows with hands at the Anahata (heart), holding her eyes with his 3 orbs of perfectly clear crystal. <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"Your reputation preceds you as I am certain does your awareness of us,"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> he gestures to include himself, Whisper and Richard, <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"through your highly vaunted oracular gifts. Nonetheless it is polite to give formal introductions. I am Rama Sri Shivananda, formerly better known as The Singularity, of Terra. You honor us with your early return..."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Smite was considering the permutations, trying to wrap his brains on the back and forth situations like this. He knew that this was slightly outside his pay grade, but he needed to keep this flowing tactically. And there was clarity walking through the door.

"Allison, welcome back. We were all the poorer for your absence. "

He was looking to her for answers that he hoped she had. As there were so many ways of looking at this.

"It seems that we find ourselves in a dilema, one I am hoping you can shed some light on. "

Quote:
Smite was considering the permutations, trying to wrap his brains on the back and forth situations like this. He knew that this was slightly outside his pay grade, but he needed to keep this flowing tactically. And there was clarity walking through the door.

"Allison, welcome back. We were all the poorer for your absence. "

He was looking to her for answers that he hoped she had. As there were so many ways of looking at this.

"It seems that we find ourselves in a dilema, one I am hoping you can shed some light on. "

Allison nods at Rama and repeats his name, then gives Chronos and Smite a shrug. "I'm not exactly omniscient, guys. I know the basics of what's happened, and I know that the Ban was broken here, and that it sat up and took notice. Because of that, ALL of us should take it easy for a few days. That means no teleporting, portals...even if it's hidden. It also means I have to be careful about looking through time, and avoid it when I can."

"That said, I'll help however I can. For one," she looks at Chronos again. "I don't know if it's an insurance policy or not...but if it is, it's a mighty risky one. Breaking the Ban is an inherently unpredictable act, and they'd have to be pretty confident that these people wouldn't break it anywhere near them to risk it."

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

09:15 hours

Arestan 16, 498 CY

Participants: Allison, Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama, Richard

Laying low for few days comes as a sort of comfort to Kinter; he and San have been go-go-go for over 4 weeks and he is very pleased to sit and talk. Visiting with him reveals that he really has never seen this other nova named they are calling Wisp since his eruption. They do however get data disks left for them in a safe box (thinks safe deposit box) on their home planet. They are told to check it ever fourth day and that day is come. He is nearly panic stricken to see that San is improved but still too ill to get an accurate port back to the planet and definitely too ill to send Kinter. He will approach all team members asking if there is a way he can get to the safe box to see what if any changes are to be made to their plan. He believes that Wisp will direct him through this situation like all other times as if the mystery nova is omniscient.

Eve has not been seen much out of doors and she is keeping close watch on San. Nothing she has found yet is convincing her that he was simply made as a decoy, actually the opposite is apparent. She is convinced that he was made to be a nova but this would point back to some genetic engineering on earths part that would date back over 2000 years to have such a strong and dominant DNA lace as San does. If all the nova?s left earth who would be around to erupt the genegeneered nova?s? Is it possible that the bioengineering has developed no to a point that they can be programmed when to erupt and even what talents the nova might have? If so, how does Wisp fit in? Eve is recommending that San not be allowed to leave without being with the team in some fashion and she strongly feels he should be indoctrinated into the organization.

Smite is not able to dig up any information on the woman named Sinal and nothing is on the street about her as a buyer or broker.

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

Arestan 16, 498 CY

Smite was irritated that he couldn't find hide nor hair of Sinal. He was not however suprised. You don't give pawns a known alias. She might not even be a she for all we know. Working off physical descriptions they had managed to obtain, they had assembled a facial recognizition matrix.

Since we have someone who can hack just about anything on the payroll, Smite will attempt to get them to create a virus that infects survalience equipment (upto and including cybernetic occular implants and allow us to run a sophisticated facial recognition algoritm on the images and route a message to us with locational data if a match comes up.

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

Arestan 16, 498 CY

Sometime later on the day of her return, Allison tries to get Dr. Chronos alone. While she's still pleasant in demeanor, her expression is serious. Clearly there's something of some importance she wants to discuss.

"I need to talk to you about...well, a couple of things, but lets start with Jack in the Green," she starts without preamble. "Not to mention some of the 'social engineering' projects you and Smite have going. There are some diplomatic repercussions we can't ignore with the House that claims this area of space. That's where Zeph and I have been mostly...trying to smooth things over."

With a little sigh, Allison sits down and gestures for Chronos to do the same.

"They're not all that upset about you and Smite...his infiltration of the underworld isn't likely to have a lot of impact, and your own project is long-term and doesn't deny anyone choices. But Jack's interference is getting us some attention from the House...especially in the accelerated development of technologies. He's come -really- close to the edge of the Ban more than once, and that's got some powerful people nervous. Now we haven't been asked to leave, and Zeph is with Asche right now...so I'm sure they can fix things, at least for now. But Jack has to cool it a bit, especially now that Paril's in the Ban's eye."

She pauses then adds, "The reason I'm talking to you about this is because I really don't know him very well. I was hoping you'd know how to approach him on this. I recall him being kind of stubborn, and not terribly interested in coordinating with us. I'm hoping you've managed to draw him into the fold, and that he'll listen to reason. Between him and his AI warships, these newcomers imperfectly concealing their powers, and the rogue novas blatantly violating the Ban, it's a small miracle you haven't had any backlash yet."

Since it appears that the others are occupied either with their own activities, or the return of Allison, Rama decides to learn more about the hyperwave weapons. Checking them out from where they are stored he finds a computer lab with a diagnostic scanner and applies his full intelligence and engineering faculties to understanding the technology.

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

Arestan 16, 498 CY

Doc responds,

"Eve and I will talk to Jack, but I'm not sure any of us know him all that well. So is Asche back, or has he not left yet? Do we know what point in his timeline this is?"

Quote:
Planet Paril
Team HQ,City of Pranth
Arestan 16, 498 CY

Doc responds,

"Eve and I will talk to Jack, but I'm not sure any of us know him all that well. So is Asche back, or has he not left yet? Do we know what point in his timeline this is?"

"He's been back from our time for about fifty years," Allison confirms. "He left just before he returned too, so that's all taken care of. As far as Jack goes, thanks for talking to him. If there's trouble finding him or getting his cooperation, would you let me know? There's contingency plans just in case, but it'd be easier and more preferable if he cooperated voluntarily."

She smiles. "So how have things been?"

Planet Paril

Team HQ,City of Pranth

Arestan 16, 498 CY

Doc nods at the news of Asche's return... and a thought occurs to him.

Quote:
She smiles. "So how have things been?"
Doc smiles back and says,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->"I'd say quiet but that wasn't true today. Allison... it just occured to me that we might be getting close to the end game here. Lily's and even Asche's actions were constrained by what was going to happen in their future. We knew big and bad would make his move eventually. But as far as I know everything has been wrapped up. I know why Lily just didn't have me killed way back when, but that's done."

"We could totally succeed or fail now without tampering with history or the future."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Archived