Aberrant: Ba'alt - Re: Of Flesh and Future..

Narrator

Quote:
14:30 hours local time
Arestan 13, 498 CY

<!--coloro:#FF6600--><span style="color:#FF6600"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Smite, Crumble, Whisper, Rama, Richard<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Joe takes the beer and leans forward.

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->"Not just many years, many lines of time. I'm from so far away... but that's getting a head of myself."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->Quick note... You are now in your true line spatially, just many thousands of years in the future. You returned to the true line via the World Serpent Inn.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Kinter seems astonished to hear the tales and both of them are impressed at yuor mention of Ba'laan. Joe can tell from their body language that they too are against him in some levels.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Rama looks at the others.
<!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"So should I transport us now? Or did you want to confiscate those weapons while we are here...?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
"If we know where Crumble went, then I think we should take out the weapons dealer, and destroy thoer hyperguns." He glances at Smite for confirmation. "If these guys are interfering with your operation, they can probably come back and get the weapons while we follow Crumble."

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=1138:date=Oct 16 2006, 08&#58;33 PM:name=Rama)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rama &#064; Oct 16 2006, 08&#58;33 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Rama looks at the others.
<!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"So should I transport us now? Or did you want to confiscate those weapons while we are here...?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
"If we know where Crumble went, then I think we should take out the weapons dealer, and destroy thoer hyperguns." He glances at Smite for confirmation. "If these guys are interfering with your operation, they can probably come back and get the weapons while we follow Crumble."
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Whisper sighs mentally. "I can find Crumble, I think. And I'm sure I can find the weapons dealers. Crumble will take some time though, and if there's other telepaths around, they'll most likely sense me."

Rama raises an eyebrow at Whisper, giving her a quizzical look. <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"I did just say that I had a lock on their location...I can open a warp in their vicinity whenever we like, though I would advise we come to a decision shortly. There is no telling how long they will remain at their present location...Might I also add that anyone packing Hyperwave weapons is almost certain to have other nasty suprises...we might need those other Novas to help us out. Smite, a warp is available upon your mark...<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Arestan 13, 498 CY

<!--coloro:#FF6600--><span style="color:#FF6600"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Smite, Crumble, Whisper, Rama, Richard<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Joe continues,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->"Where was I? Oh yeah, laws of physics. Turned out even the usual ideas of timelines needed serious adjustment there, it was a pocket dimension and not part of the usual set of things. Being removed from the normal time stream is NOT a good thing if you want to get back. It took us a while but eventually we figured out what was what and we also found an exit back to the normal time stream. Then some of Ba'laan's thugs showed up. Everything considered we figured it was just a matter of time before they tried to kill us, so it was time to move on. Our exit led to The World Serpent Inn, and after passing through it we ended up here."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?For me, the amount of time used in that tale is about 5 years. But it?s been a long time since we started. The dawn of the Nova age. Supposedly this timeline is pretty close to where we started. If you look back in history far enough you might find a nova by the name of Joe Crumb, aka Crumble, who worked as a bodyguard for richer novas. Well, that was me.?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Joe points his now empty bottle at the two.

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?So that?s my story in broad strokes, what?s the deal with you two??<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

~

~

Arestan 13, 498 CY

Both San and Kinter are rather impressed at Crumbles revelations, but San is the most obviously upset. Maybe it?s a sign of higher intelligence.

?But we were told?? San stops himself as his thoughts start to give word.

Then not to anyone in particular; ?there was no reason for lies?.?

San is obviously being torn by thoughts and things he was told.

?We were told that we were the only nova?s on this side. We took that as we were the only novas period simply because we did not understand. But from what you tell us, you are from Earth and are a human nova from there. You have 5 years on us while Kinter and I are only a couple of months erupted.?

Three more bottles of beer appear on the table and San offers a second to Crumble even though the effects of the first can be felt ever so slightly.

?Be wary, this is Amp. Imported directly from Mars.? Kinter says softly then quickly asks;

?We were erupted by a man we call Wisp who claims to come from that time as you but he dis not get here the short way and is allegedly nearly 15,000 years old. Who erupted you??

Both new nova?s are in anticipation of the answer to that question.

?And how many are you? We are at about 2 dozen but we have not met any of the others.?

Arestan 13, 498 CY

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You have 5 years on us while Kinter and I are only a couple of months erupted.?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Joe says,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?10 years, give or take. I?ve been lost in time for 5 years but erupted 5 before that."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->San is obviously being torn by thoughts and things he was told. ?We were told that we were the only nova?s on this side. We took that as we were the only novas period simply because we did not understand. But from what you tell us, you are from Earth and are a human nova from there.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Joe asks,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?Aren?t there novas on Earth any more? And ?on this side?, on What side? What is it that you are trying to do??<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Three more bottles of beer appear on the table and San offers a second to Crumble even though the effects of the first can be felt ever so slightly.

?Be wary, this is Amp. Imported directly from Mars.?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->style_emoticonsstyle_emoticons Joe just sips from this one.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Kinter says softly then quickly asks;

?We were erupted by a man we call Wisp who claims to come from that time as you but he did not get here the short way and is allegedly nearly 15,000 years old. Who erupted you?? Both new nova?s are in anticipation of the answer to that question. ?And how many are you? We are at about 2 dozen but we have not met any of the others.?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Joe thinks out loud,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?Wisp? I don?t know that name. ? Who erupted me??<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Joe chuckles,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?Back in the day we didn?t need people to make us erupt. It was never really clear why that was, speculation ran from the space shuttle blowing up to background radiation to a genetic switch. But for whatever reason, thousands of us simply erupted, on our own, with no visible reason or rhythm other than being in a stressful situation. Fall of a building, drop a hammer on your foot, fight with your girlfriend, get shot. Boom. Maybe you erupt.?

?But if this Wisp can make people erupt then he has a real power. I guess he picked up some tricks over the years? As for how many we are, it varies. I get the feeling you are a tighter group than we are so even the definition of ?us? is open, and we have a dozen or so people lost in time and/or who may or may not reappear. It?s a big universe. Considerably less than you it sounds.?

"Now wait a moment. Two dozen? There were thousands of novas on the Earth last I heard, what happened?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
Arestan 13, 498 CY

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->You have 5 years on us while Kinter and I are only a couple of months erupted.?
Joe says,
<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?10 years, give or take. I?ve been lost in time for 5 years but erupted 5 before that."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->San is obviously being torn by thoughts and things he was told. ?We were told that we were the only nova?s on this side. We took that as we were the only novas period simply because we did not understand. But from what you tell us, you are from Earth and are a human nova from there.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Joe asks,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?Aren?t there novas on Earth any more? And ?on this side?, on What side? What is it that you are trying to do??<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->"Well in short, we were recruited. This man, WIsp, came to us one day and sais he had been observing us and asked if we would be interested in helping him. The first thing he said was that he was an enemy of someone called Teras adn that he, and thus us, would do anything to stop them. He then spoke at length about this Ba'laan and all the terrible things he had done against humans. He was very convincing and Kinter, myself and my sister Thara were erupted."
"Wisp said we would ahve the powers we always wished we had and our dreams would become reality over time. Thara fell unconsciouss and Wisp took her away with him. He said he needed to give her special attention."<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Three more bottles of beer appear on the table and San offers a second to Crumble even though the effects of the first can be felt ever so slightly.

?Be wary, this is Amp. Imported directly from Mars.?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd--> style_emoticonsstyle_emoticons Joe just sips from this one.
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Kinter says softly then quickly asks;
?We were erupted by a man we call Wisp who claims to come from that time as you but he did not get here the short way and is allegedly nearly 15,000 years old. Who erupted you?? Both new nova?s are in anticipation of the answer to that question. ?And how many are you? We are at about 2 dozen but we have not met any of the others.?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Joe thinks out loud,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?Wisp? I don?t know that name. ? Who erupted me??<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Joe chuckles,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?Back in the day we didn?t need people to make us erupt. It was never really clear why that was, speculation ran from the space shuttle blowing up to background radiation to a genetic switch. But for whatever reason, thousands of us simply erupted, on our own, with no visible reason or rhythm other than being in a stressful situation. Fall of a building, drop a hammer on your foot, fight with your girlfriend, get shot. Boom. Maybe you erupt.?

?But if this Wisp can make people erupt then he has a real power. I guess he picked up some tricks over the years? As for how many we are, it varies. I get the feeling you are a tighter group than we are so even the definition of ?us? is open, and we have a dozen or so people lost in time and/or who may or may not reappear. It?s a big universe. Considerably less than you it sounds.?

"Now wait a moment. Two dozen? There were thousands of novas on the Earth last I heard, what happened?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
"We are told of a large movement thousands of years ago, even before the first man set foot on a terraformed planet, and all the novas left or were forced to leave. Most went with this Teras fellow and were not seen for many years. Some short time after that the emporer of Sol cleansed the planet and no more eruptions ever happened on earth. Wisp tells that this Teras grants powers to some now and then but not as much as he used to but his peoples numbers are well over hundreds of thousands. When we questioned him again on this number, as we were so few, he said in reality the number is not known bu the last known numbers were in the tens of thousands."

San takes a big quaff from his beer then says; "Teras kills any nova he finds that is not his own. Do you know of Teras?"

Quote:
Rama raises an eyebrow at Whisper, giving her a quizzical look. <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"I did just say that I had a lock on their location...I can open a warp in their vicinity whenever we like, though I would advise we come to a decision shortly. There is no telling how long they will remain at their present location...Might I also add that anyone packing Hyperwave weapons is almost certain to have other nasty suprises...we might need those other Novas to help us out. Smite, a warp is available upon your mark...<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

"Alright, let us move in. We move in diamond formation and then spread. I will take point. Richard you have drag. Whisper you have right flank, and Richard I need you to pull the left.

Now when you are through look for cover and spread. "

And with that Smite will step through the corridor.

Joe says grimly,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro--> ?Unfortunately, yeah, I do. Sort of an early version of Ba?laan although they aren?t related. Red hair. Glowing green eyes. Homosexual. Probably insane big time. Unless he?s changed it, Teras is the name of his movement. He calls himself Divis Mal, that roughly means ?Evil God?. It?s appropriate. There was this other nova, called himself something that translated into ?Gauntlet of Peace?. Vast super strength, super speed flight, enough TK to pick up mountains, a power bolt strong enough to level cities from orbit. Basically a walking atomic weapon. Tried to represent himself as the world?s hero. Total ass too, I met him once. For a while everyone thought he was the most powerful nova on the planet. Then he tried to kill Divis? and Mal showed for all his power the Gauntlet of Peace was as helpless as a normal 6 year old child. Divis is powerful. And intelligent. And I think crazy.?

?When novas were still new, back even before we?d started exploring other planets, he announced over the global information systems that he was the way of the future. His movement boldly proclaimed novas were no longer human and not bound by human laws or mores or feelings. Every nova was a country. No nova should act against another nova.?

?His movement introduced a method of controlling the various medical problems we novas are cursed with. Call it Taint. Call it Quantum Backlash Syndrome. Call it monstrosity. Without training novas go insane and/or become inhuman monsters within a few years. Except his method of controlling these problems had the side effect of also throwing away your humanity. Controlled evolution running wild. Basically you get to choose the monster you will become. Also if another monster boldly proclaimed his evolution involved eating live babies, then who are you to gainsay him??

?As you can tell I?m NOT a fan of Divis. Even back then there were other ways to deal with taint. Say, on that subject, what do you do to control Backlash? Do you have an outright cure now days??<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

"Yes, Rama, but I was thinking it might be wise to establish mental contact first, so we'd know if our presence was needed, or wanted. I warned Crumble before he was teleported. He did what he did on purpose. If he's up to something, us barging in after him may be the worst thing we could do."

She shrugs at Smites command. "Don't say I didn't warn you."

Rama replies,

<!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->

"I understand your meaning now. I agree, that we should not enter into the situation blind...and your captivating eyes let us "see" what others cannot. You provide us with an enormous tactical advantage. What can you tell us of our weapons dealer?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
Rama replies,
<!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->
"I understand your meaning now. I agree, that we should not enter into the situation blind...and your captivating eyes let us "see" what others cannot. You provide us with an enormous tactical advantage. What can you tell us of our weapons dealer?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Whisper's eyes unfocus slightly as she projects her awareness outward into the crowded streets again. She has some idea of what they're like this time, from the images from the nova's mind. And they'll be cautious, maybe a bit nervous that the nova hasn't shown yet. Waiting. Hiding.

She starts with the people near where the nova had been, and moves outward from there, sampling each person's surface thoughts and discarding them when they turned out to be wrong...

~

~

Arestan 13, 498 CY

San and Kinter both take this apparent new information in stride. Kinter seems the most distressed and nervously clenches his fist now and then. When Crumble ends his discourse and asks the question the two look at each other a moment and there is a long pause. Its possible their view of reality was just shifted quite a bit.

?Neither of these nova?s, the evil god or the gauntlet one, sound familiar to us. But the taint thing sounds very much like what we have been told about the followers of Teras. It is new to us to know that his name is not Teras and rather is this Divis man. That fact was likely my own fault in misinterpreting the readings.?

San looks at Crumble in the eye and then says; ?I have no real idea what this Taint or Quantum Backlash is. Kinter and I have no oddities or pains since our eruption, but it has only been less than 90 days. And besides you, we have not met face to face any other nova save for Wisp so I cant say if there is a way to deal with it.?

San pauses a short moment than asks; ?You seem to be on the same side, so to speak, as we are. It would also be safe to say, I assume, that you are also against the ban with as much fervor as we are. Will you help us on our cause or would you stand aside and merely allow us to work without interfering??

?I am sorry to be so blunt but we had some work to do and we are going to be late for it since our paths crossed; we might run into problems.?

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->{{It has been 12 minutes since your arrival here. Crumble ca also see that neither of the pair have any measurable taint.}}<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Planet Paril

Market Arcology,City of Tsana

11:00 hours

Arestan 13, 498 CY

<!--coloro:#FF6600--><span style="color:#FF6600"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama, Richard<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->{{Your?e all forgetting to place any headers on the posts?.please simply cut and paste from the past before you and then shift the color of the participants, etc? It makes it easier later for me to track?}}<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Being that the weapons dealer is not far away now and is still in the crowded bazaar, and since we got confused about the warping to Crumble etc, I will take privelages and state that you all did not warp to the weapons dealer. Rather, you all simply approached tactically on foot.}}

Whisper is able to determine the booths location in a matter of a few short moments and she notes that the man is somewhat in a panicked stage as his meet is late. She determines that has already begun destroying some key evidence in a light attempt to avoid the law. Ten minutes later the four of you are all in good defensive location and the fact that there is not a back way out of this ?cul de sac? where the weapons dealer is settling for you. Smite approaches the booth in readiness.

The booth has the guise as being mainly a light pistol dealer. He is not allowed to sell ammo so none of that is displayed in the clear plastisteel cases. The man (named Cuss and sifted via Whispers Telepathy) is fidgety right now and greets Smite with a nervous smile that would not fool any skilled Vice cop.

?How are you doing sir? Can I interest you in anything??

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->{{if combat is planned, you have first move. I am also going to assume and give liberties that the same calming effects and crowd dispersion techniques were done here as was approaching the nova earlier. There are less than two dozen people within 100 feet leaving the team plenty of room to move.}}<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Planet Paril

Arestan 13, 498 CY<!--coloro:#FF6600--><span style="color:#FF6600"><!--/coloro-->

Participants: Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama, Richard<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Yes Rama will keep things soothed until Smite decides to give him the signal to stop. He will also attempt to catch the perp(s) in their own personal gravity wells...not strong enough to start crushing them but they should suddenly find it impossibe to move and difficult to sit upright. If they give any lip to Smite, Rama will increase the power until they are pushed into the ground and pass out from the inability to expand their lungs, at which point he will ease off.

Planet Paril

Arestan 13, 498 CY

<!--coloro:#FF6600--><span style="color:#FF6600"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Smite, Chronos, Whisper, Rama, Richard<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Richard will flank Smite, waiting and following his lead about how to deal with the illegal weapon seller. Should there be any gunfire, he will attempt to Deflect it back at them, but he'll also do his best not to kill anyone.

Planet Paril

Arestan 13, 498 CY

As the others move in, Smite approaches.

"Yes, I believe you can."

Glancing over the display items, he smiled for a moment.

"First, you can listen, because I will only say this once. You will surrender all contraband weapons to us at this moment, including the ones that your associates are trying to dispose of and any files pertaining to them. Then we will all leave quitely together.

There will be no discussion and no resistance will be tolerated. Am I understood? Consequences for non-compliance will be profoundly personally grevious."

Ok, if that doesn't get them thinking about every little misdead they've committed in the past few moments nothing will. Hope Whisper is still listening. Now we get to see if they will fish or cut bait.

Arestan 13, 498 CY

Crumble replies,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?First of all, yeah, I?m against the Ban big time. That should almost be a given, the Ban is going to be a problem, maybe even a fatal problem, for pretty near all novas, sooner or later. That includes Divis. Knowing he?s still alive presents the option of maybe using him against Ba?laan. Ideally they?d kill each other but I?d be happy with just one of them losing.?

?I?m also concerned about the two of you. Quantum Backlash Syndrome is the medical term for Taint. If it still exists, and I have to say I don?t sense any on you just yet, but if it still exists, then at a minimum your teacher should have gone over in detail how to invoke it and that you know how not to. Followers of Teras deliberately create and/or control taint, but it?s existence was a universal concern. Taint isn?t painful, it?s like setting a small fire to a big forest. It?s easier to prevent than to halt after it?s going. Teras seeks to control what burns, the methods I?ve been taught seek to prevent the burn.?

?That leaves me with two possibilities for what?s happening to you. Either you?re the next generation of novas and don?t need to worry about taint at all? or you?re being badly used. Your sister ending up in a coma doesn?t imply good things.?

?? well, either way I want to help you. But I need to know, what is it that you are trying to do? We have been avoiding the Ban, as we will now Divis. Your seeking ban breaking weapons implies a more active approach??<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Planet Paril

Arestan 13, 498 CY

The weapons dealer shrinks back almost immediately after Smite is done speaking and as her is the only one there at the booth, he simply sits down on a nearby stool, head hung low. Then he lifts his hand and points to a large crate slid neatly behind and under one of the display counters.

Then in a soft nearly hopeless near-whisper he says; ?The weapons are there, but you have to believe me please; I did not want to bring them here to Carlisle. I know the Emporer tolerates no banned weapons but ?but?.I had to do it. Please let me go and I will do whatever I can to remedy this. Please don?t send me to the Inquisitors.?

The crate holds a pair of energy rifles, or at least that?s what they resemble to the lot of you. Smite can determine that they are indeed NOT energy weapons but very likely are the Hyper rifles complete with their power packs. The only thing missing at this point is the ammunitions which have already been disassembled by the nano-disposal units (also a black market item) stashed under another counter.

Planet Paril

Arestan 13, 498 CY

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->"Is he telling us the truth Whisper? What desperation motivated him to risk such penalties?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
Planet Paril
Arestan 13, 498 CY

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->"Is he telling us the truth Whisper? What desperation motivated him to risk such penalties?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

What indeed? is Whisper's response.

A moment later, she's delving deeper, looking for associations, images, connected with these rifles; this task.

(I will READ his MIND! That is my action.)

~

~

Arestan 13, 498 CY

<!--coloro:#CC6600--><span style="color:#CC6600"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Smite, Crumble, Whisper, Rama, Richard<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

?The name Divis Mal means nothing to me and it was not told to me from Wisp. I need to tell you that since most of what you said about Teras and the terragen seem to lie as centering about him. Perhaps someone else is now leading his movement in his stead/?

?.

?Wisp did state that we might get sick when using our powers and if that happened he would show up to help us get better so I think that in itself is him talking about taint. He might have a way of helping us use it as the teras does. Wisp is also the one that said we need to take a very proactive approach against the Ban breaking weapons of Ba?laan and the Sol Empire. See, its not just irritating Ba?laan with these weapons but it is also a heavily punishable crime to the throne of Sol. We are trying to make a name for ourselves as Nova?s for Terra.?

San summons a few more drinks and stands up. He begins walking toward the door.

?Lets talk on the way but tell me, how do you normally handle your part of your resistance??

Arestan 13, 498 CY

<!--coloro:#CC6600--><span style="color:#CC6600"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Smite, Crumble, Whisper, Rama, Richard<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
?The name Divis Mal means nothing to me and it was not told to me from Wisp. I need to tell you that since most of what you said about Teras and the Teragen seem to lie as centering about him. Perhaps someone else is now leading his movement in his stead??
Crumble replies,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?I certainly hope so. Another possibility is the movement may have splintered.?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
?Wisp did state that we might get sick when using our powers and if that happened he would show up to help us get better so I think that was him talking about taint. He might have a way of helping us use it as the teras does. Wisp is also the one that said we need to take a very proactive approach against the Ban breaking weapons of Ba?laan and the Sol Empire. See, its not just irritating Ba?laan with these weapons but it is also a heavily punishable crime to the throne of Sol. We are trying to make a name for ourselves as Nova?s for Terra.?
Crumble replies,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?As I understand it, the teachings of Teras, and the path I follow as well, only help you deal with taint yourself. So who rules the Earth now days and how do they feel about novas and the ban? And why the rush?? <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
San summons a few more drinks and stands up. He begins walking toward the door.

?Lets talk on the way but tell me, how do you normally handle your part of your resistance??

Crumble replies,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?Mostly we do it by not making a name for ourselves. We wait. We hide. We train. We grow stronger. Ba?laan?s big fear is that someone else will gain enough power to deal with him without him realizing it. Thus many of these rules of his are about killing the weak before they realize their potential. By the time he knows what we are up to, it will be too late.?

?On that subject, your long distance ?port wasn?t totally shielded from the Ban. That?s something that will catch up to you sooner rather than later.?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Planet Paril

Arestan 13, 498 CY

The weapons dealer shrinks back almost immediately after Smite is done speaking and as her is the only one there at the booth, he simply sits down on a nearby stool, head hung low. Then he lifts his hand and points to a large crate slid neatly behind and under one of the display counters.

Then in a soft nearly hopeless near-whisper he says; ?The weapons are there, but you have to believe me please; I did not want to bring them here to Carlisle. I know the Emporer tolerates no banned weapons but ?but?.I had to do it. Please let me go and I will do whatever I can to remedy this. Please don?t send me to the Inquisitors.?

The crate holds a pair of energy rifles, or at least that?s what they resemble to the lot of you. Smite can determine that they are indeed NOT energy weapons but very likely are the Hyper rifles complete with their power packs. The only thing missing at this point is the ammunitions which have already been disassembled by the nano-disposal units (also a black market item) stashed under another counter.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd--> Richard will examine the guns closely, without removing them from their crates. "So, are we taking these back to headquarters, or are we destroying them?" He taps his lightsaber, making sure to keep his body between their captured weapon dealer and his lightsaber as he does so.

~

~

Arestan 13, 498 CY

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Crumble replies,

?As I understand it, the teachings of Teras, and the path I follow as well, only help you deal with taint yourself. So who rules the Earth now days and how do they feel about novas and the ban? And why the rush??<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

"Sol, or the earth empire, is run by "The great and powerful Lord of humanity," AKA the Emporer. He rules form earth remade over into a edenic paradise. I dont know his feelings on Nova's, never been there."

SAn replies quickly and in one breath, then rapidly adds;

"So you gonna help us take this dealer or you want me to just put you back where you were I got you?"

He thinks quickly then adds; "Or you can stay here and we'll return shortly."

Planet Paril

Arestan 13, 498 CY

Easy boys, comes Whisper's mental voice. This guy's not acting on his own will. He's scared stiff of something called the 'Inquisition,' and thinks we're going to give him to them. But he's not doing this by choice. He's gotten some kind of titanic suggestion effect in his mind...he thinks of it as a geasa. He couldn't disobey it.

Quote:
Planet Paril
Arestan 13, 498 CY

Easy boys, comes Whisper's mental voice. This guy's not acting on his own will. He's scared stiff of something called the 'Inquisition,' and thinks we're going to give him to them. But he's not doing this by choice. He's gotten some kind of titanic suggestion effect in his mind...he thinks of it as a geasa. He couldn't disobey it.

<!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"Any other parts of this geasa?" <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->Rama asks. <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"For example, is he programmed to self-terminate upon interrogation or hiding any nasty surprises?"
<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=1174:date=Oct 24 2006, 07&#58;10 PM:name=Whisper)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Whisper &#064; Oct 24 2006, 07&#58;10 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Planet Paril
Arestan 13, 498 CY

<!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"Any other parts of this geasa?" <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->Rama asks. <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"For example, is he programmed to self-terminate upon interrogation or hiding any nasty surprises?"
<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Mmmm...no. In fact, the knot...the geasa...looks like it's unraveling. Once he realized who we are, and what his situation was, it started breaking up. I guess whoever set him up didn't think it'd need to last past that point.

Quote:
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Planet Paril
Arestan 13, 498 CY

The crate holds a pair of energy rifles, or at least that?s what they resemble to the lot of you. Smite can determine that they are indeed NOT energy weapons but very likely are the Hyper rifles complete with their power packs. The only thing missing at this point is the ammunitions which have already been disassembled by the nano-disposal units (also a black market item) stashed under another counter.
Richard will examine the guns closely, without removing them from their crates. "So, are we taking these back to headquarters, or are we destroying them?" He taps his lightsaber, making sure to keep his body between their captured weapon dealer and his lightsaber as he does so.

"We take them back. They may prove useful in times to come. However sir, I would ask that you come with us. We do not intend to report you to anyone but I can not say the same for those who might have over heard us and we wouldn't want you damaged because of it."

Smite intended to have whisper debrief him and remove any trace of us from the man's mind. He didn't want traces to the weapons leading to them when things fall apart.

Planet Paril

Arestan 13, 498 CY

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Mmmm...no. In fact, the knot...the geasa...looks like it's unraveling. Once he realized who we are, and what his situation was, it started breaking up. I guess whoever set him up didn't think it'd need to last past that point.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"Whoever intended him to sell these weapons must have had a buyer in mind...who was he supposed to deliver them to?"

"Additionally it has been some minutes since Crumble vanished...I can warp us, the weapons, and the dealer to headquarters and then we can reunite with the young Doctor and his new playmates..."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Arestan 13, 498 CY

Joe answers,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?Take me with you.?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Planet Paril

Arestan 13, 498 CY

Quote:

Arestan 13, 498 CY

Joe answers,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?Take me with you.?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

No sooner does Joe speak then he, San and Kinter are all standing back in the market Arcology. Crumble is nearly in the exact spot as he was when he ported and Kinter as well. San is a few meters off to the side. Crumble notes an odd side effect that no one has seemed to notice three people appearing from nowhere; there are all looking in a different direction away from the ported arrivals. Crumble also gets the achy feeling in the pit of his stomach at the sight of the quantum signatures of San and Kinter getting the oh so familiar taint of color that betrays notice of the ban.

San falls over holding his stomach and Kinter seems to be having similar vertigo problems and is having trouble standing straight. The speedster is leaning to one side as if standing on a hill.

Whisper is also immediately made aware of Crumbles reappearance back some 180 meters away around the corners and halls of the arcology. All of the doppler signatures thet were here earlier are no longer visible and any one with senses reashing over 200 meters will detect the other 2 nova's as well.

Richard has grabbed up the weapon cases, Rama stands ready to open the warp to Crumble's last location, Smite is near the dealer, and Whisper is in the motions of sensing Joe arrive back.

No authorities have yet been notified but the reaction of the dealer has gotten the notice of a few passerbyes.

<!--coloro:#000099--><span style="color:#000099"><!--/coloro-->{{Again, Joe (Crumble) and the two nova's are not in direct line of sight as you travelled some 180 or so meters to another hallway to get to the hyper weapons dealer.

Whisper was momentarily distracted from further probing into the dealers mind as Crumble arrived.

The rest of you can page back to Crumbles disappearance and read along in THIS topic to see what went on whilst he was away for the last 15 minutes.}}<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Planet Paril

Arestan 13, 498 CY

Joe swears under his breath and says to both San and Kinter,

?That did it. We feel like crap because that was an outright Ban break, and it got noticed. That doesn?t have to mean massive intervention, but it might. Leave the dealer, we should get you two under cover before this gets any worse. And don?t port again. Now that it?s noticed another port would be like a fire alarm.?

Joe pauses to see how they take this?

(OOC: And yes, Mega-Social enhancements are on).

Quote:
Planet Paril
Arestan 13, 498 CY

Joe swears under his breath and says to both San and Kinter,

?That did it. We feel like crap because that was an outright Ban break, and it got noticed. That doesn?t have to mean massive intervention, but it might. Leave the dealer, we should get you two under cover before this gets any worse. And don?t port again. Now that it?s noticed another port would be like a fire alarm.?

Joe pauses to see how they take this?

(OOC: And yes, Mega-Social enhancements are on).

San is not in the condition is move, you are not even sure he hears you. Kinter seeing this moves rapidly to pick up San.
"Where shall we go?" he asks rapidly then heads off in whatever direction Crumble says.

Crumble will note the lights dimming ever so slightly and some people of the masses around him look up toward the ceiling now and then as if something caught their eye. Nova's within 400 meters will notice an acrid "feel" to the quantum being channeled.

Planet Paril

Arestan 13, 498 CY

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->San is not in the condition is move, you are not even sure he hears you. Kinter seeing this moves rapidly to pick up San.

"Where shall we go?" he asks rapidly then heads off in whatever direction Crumble says.

Crumble will note the lights dimming ever so slightly and some people of the masses around him look up toward the ceiling now and then as if something caught their eye. Nova's within 400 meters will notice an acrid "feel" to the quantum being channeled.

((Crumble and Smite (AND ANY OF THE NEW ONES WITH MEGA INTEL) will note these as tell tale sign of a start of ban beacon. If similar powers to the one that offended it in the first place are cancelled and not used in the region (possibly up to 500 miles away) the beacon will fade in a matter of minutes.))<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Rama looks up at the flickering light and reaches out with his Node and quantum senses. Seeing what is going on and registering the returned presence of the three Novas (I can assume that correct?), he turns to Whisper, even as she registers Crumble. Since she can read his mind already and is simulataneously aware of the return, it is almost as if the two realize the same thought at once (IOW, She would be aware of what his M-Int tells him was a Ban-break) as they meet eyes, the silent communication is passed in an instant.

For the sake of the other two standing there, Rama says aloud:

<!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"Crumble is back, the other Novas are hurt, and we need to go...Now." <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> He continues to Soothe the Weapons merchant even as he picks him up bodily over his shoulder and makes his way towards Crumble.

When he reaches the three he looks intently at Crumble. <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"My powers are normally cloaked from the Ban even without "The Bribe." I can reinforce this cloaking with the method we have been taught...In your experience will this be enough to allow us safe transport home?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

{If the answer is yes, Rama will open up his Warp. In addition to his usual cloaking he will pay he extra quantum to hide from the Ban for good measure.}

Quote:
Planet Paril
Arestan 13, 498 CY

For the sake of the other two standing there, Rama says aloud:
<!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"Crumble is back, the other Novas are hurt, and we need to go...Now." <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> He continues to Soothe the Weapons merchant even as he picks him up bodily over his shoulder and makes his way towards Crumble.

When he reaches the three he looks intently at Crumble. <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"My powers are normally cloaked from the Ban even without "The Bribe." I can reinforce this cloaking with the method we have been taught...In your experience will this be enough to allow us safe transport home?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
Richard picks up the crate with the guns (hopefully physically, otherwise with his TK, throwing a little extra into the Bribe) and follows Rama, making sure to keep the box safe. If something bad goes down here, he does not want these weapons getting away from them.

Planet Paril

Arestan 13, 498 CY

Crumble almost hesitates, you can almost see him weigh all the various factors, but he answers Rama,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->"That should do it, but Bribe it hard. These two haven't been taught correctly how to deal with the Ban. We have to get them under cover. Take us just to the training facility."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
Planet Paril
Arestan 13, 498 CY

Crumble almost hesitates, you can almost see him weigh all the various factors, but he answers Rama,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->"That should do it, but Bribe it hard. These two haven't been taught correctly how to deal with the Ban. We have to get them under cover. Take us just to the training facility."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Rama obliges without further comment, opening his warp directly to the Med Labs with the Quantum dampening rooms (obviously not inside said rooms...). He will bribe the Ban to the limit of his 7th Instar Node...

Once ther he helps secure the two sick Novas in the Quantum dampening medlab, where they will hopefully be more hidden, while the others find Eve and Chronos.

Archived