Aberrant: Ba'alt - Re: Integrations and Introductions

Narrator

Quote:
<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->"Note I'm not assuming anything beyond this planet because I'm assuming the rest of us will flee, just like we did before. But your odds are actually quite good. The problem is we can?t afford to lose, so given a choice, I'd really rather not play this game.?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
Richard holds up a pacifying hand. "I don't want to be the cause of a catastrophy, whether accidental or not, and I'm willing to hang around in the building and learn what you have to teach us. But I really would like to see, though maybe not experience, the Ban in action."

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=917:date=Aug 29 2006, 11&#58;54 AM:name=Chronos)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chronos &#064; Aug 29 2006, 11&#58;54 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--coloro:#3333ff--><span style="color:#3333ff"><!--/coloro-->"Note I'm not assuming anything beyond this planet because I'm assuming the rest of us will flee, just like we did before. But your odds are actually quite good. The problem is we can't afford to lose, so given a choice, I'd really rather not play this game."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
Richard holds up a pacifying hand. "I don't want to be the cause of a catastrophy, whether accidental or not, and I'm willing to hang around in the building and learn what you have to teach us. But I really would like to see, though maybe not experience, the Ban in action." <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Eve seems more at ease seeing Chronos taking her side in the explanation and she even lets out a near chuckle at Richards remark.

"Unfortunately if we are able to see it in action live, we are going to be suffering from its effects at the same time. There is no way to witness the Ban and avoid it simultaneously. I can give you personal experience or historical documents to let you reflect on but for the most part it is not something you can observe."

"If it hit the Earth we all came from around the year 2000, all the technological advances would be reversed, not just the banned one. Planes would fall out of the sky, reactors would explode, things running electricity could spontaneously blow-up, pacemakers and medical implants would fail, the list goes on and on and we only know this from observing the after effects of civilizations hit."

Eve watches Rama begin to walk away. "Yes, it does look like we should call the discussions to a close for now and take in some light hearted relaxation and recreation. I am heading to my quarters. If any of you need me just dial 5621 and you'll get me. Good night all..."

Eve rubs the shoulder of Richard as she passes, simply saying 'it will all be alright' as she walks by.

If everyone leaves and goes to their quarters or in other manner ends the current discussion, we will end the topics moderation by me and it will become an entire unmoderated freepost section in which you can all roleplay talks with each other.

Use the following headers at the start of each and every post.

Planet Paril

Team Compound, city of Prent

Wednesday 1300; Marsenth (March) 498 CY

Of course you will change the time and date; the next narrative chapter will start on the equivalent of August 18th in the year of 499 CY. I will post a calendar with the month names on another topic soon..

Planet Paril

Team Compound, city of Prent

Monday 1030; <!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto-->Chilan 11<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->(August) 498 CY

After what might be considered a long weekedn of training talks, practice meditations, and reading over volume of material, Rama, Whisper, and Richard are joined in thier common kitchen by Eve and Chronos.

Eve smiles and offers a hug to each after a 'good morn' greeting.

"I know this weekend has not been what you all might have expected but we have done the best we could in our position. More to the point all of your patterns, or quantum signatures, have finally setteled and are stable in this reality.Whispers was the first followed by Richards and then perhaps Rama being dormed most of the time made his integration take so long. But as fo now, you are all considered natives and citizens of this reality."

Then the hug is offered and Eve offers a small "flash-drive" looking device to Richard.

"Just keep this on your person and the doors and electronics of the Ventro (AirCar) will respond to you and let you access it. You did the best on all the simulations to your the driver; its parked on your landing. When you all get back from sight seeing we can discuss your permanent residence location."

Eve withdraws back to Chronos' side. "Have a great day. If you need anything, use the com in the Ventro to call us, it's all voice activated for simplicity."

{{Chronos, please reply if you can...}}

Quote:
Doc says,
<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->"Do you want to go alone... or should I send my bodyguard along as tour guide?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
(Sorry folks, forgot that this was waiting on a reply from me!)

Richard grins as he takes the keychain-thing and twirls it. "Just give me a map. And, ah, a phone number just in case. I'm confident, not foolhardy." He looks over a Rama with a dangerous grin. "Ever pulled four G's before?"

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=937:date=Sep 1 2006, 11&#58;55 AM:name=Chronos)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chronos &#064; Sep 1 2006, 11&#58;55 AM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Doc says,
<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->"Do you want to go alone... or should I send my bodyguard along as tour guide?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
(Sorry folks, forgot that this was waiting on a reply from me!)

Richard grins as he takes the keychain-thing and twirls it. "Just give me a map. And, ah, a phone number just in case. I'm confident, not foolhardy." He looks over a Rama with a dangerous grin. "Ever pulled four G's before?"
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Rama looks at him matter-of-factly. <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"As a Deva, gravity is never an issue. In this form however, I am comparitively fragile. Should I be wearing a gravity suit?"
<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
Doc says,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->"I sort of thought as much,"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> and he hands over a trio of cell phones to the group.

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->"Good luck."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

{{sorry for the lag in posting. i have been training a second job and am in process of moving to another city. My net access and free time have been sporadic. I am doing my best and will attempt to keep up posting during breaks at work, on friends laptops etc...}}

Rama foolows Richard to the aircar, then stands aside in chivalrous fashion to allow Whisper her choice of seats. <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"Thank you Doctor, Eve. The exploration will do us well. I am certain we shall return before too long."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Archived