Aberrant: Ba'alt - Re: Integrations and Introductions

Narrator

"Excuse me for being direct," Whisper says as they walk along, "But what does this all mean for US? Are we being drafted into your war? What kind of choices do we have here? It seems to me, given that we're in an alien universe, in an alien time, on an alien world, that we're at least a little dependent on you and yours. If we're all right with that and want to join up, then what? If not, and we want to move out and try to make a living on our own, then what?"

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
"Excuse me for being direct," Whisper says as they walk along, "But what does this all mean for US? Are we being drafted into your war? What kind of choices do we have here? It seems to me, given that we're in an alien universe, in an alien time, on an alien world, that we're at least a little dependent on you and yours. If we're all right with that and want to join up, then what? If not, and we want to move out and try to make a living on our own, then what?"

The party meanders through hallways and across a couple catwalks connecting towers and hanging literally miles in the sky. They all find themselves, after being gently guided by Chronos and Eve, in a large round room perhaps 100 feet across. The ceiling is a domed force screen of some type design that allows the air to pass gently through instead of at the gale force that often exists at 17,000 feet up. The room is also littered with benches and potted trees and plants as well as some stone picnic tables with archaic carvings and design.

Eve answers Whisper as she comes to one of these tables very near the edge of the room.

"Again, you are certainly not our prisoners. ANd we certainly would not be so brash or presumptuous to try and draft you to our cause."

Eve gestures out beyond the edge of the screen to the neighboring skyrakers (what the extremely tall building are called). The lights of the early evening and the pink-yellow of the setting sun are visible in a beautiful panoramic view of the city that seems to go on beyond the horizon. Small air vehicles as well as some larger ones perhaps the size of a 747 flit and hover slowly onto landing pads all over the city and make the sky in some directions look as if there is a swarm of locusts heading off to feed; there are easily over 200 vehicles airborne at this time.

"What we are trying to accomplish here, Whisper, Richard, Rama, is to ready all of you to make an informed decision and to choose your side. Now I know from your point of view it might be easier to choose neither side right now but one day, you will need to decide. Some choice or event in your life will send you hurtling one way or another and if you wait to let the choice make you, you will have many regrets."

"We are not going to tell you that you are in our force or even that you have to work for us, but the offer is there to join us in our work in preparing Nova's and non-nova's, and whoever or whatever might join to resist Ba'laan. It's not going be easy and by joining us you are definitely placed in harms way."

Eve glances fondly up at Chronos a moment as if waiting for his approval.

"Oh," she says as she looks back at the three, "and please don't take that as a "either your for us or against us" speech. IF you decide not to help us, we will simply let you leave after we are sure you are able to make a well informed choice as to where you might go next. Your stay with us should only last a few weeks."

Quote:
The party meanders through hallways and across a couple catwalks connecting towers and hanging literally miles in the sky.
Richard stops at every walkway, looking down and out at the city before continuing. "Astounding. It's almost like Coruscant."

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->"What we are trying to accomplish here, Whisper, Richard, Rama, is to ready all of you to make an informed decision and to choose your side. Now I know from your point of view it might be easier to choose neither side right now but one day, you will need to decide. Some choice or event in your life will send you hurtling one way or another and if you wait to let the choice make you, you will have many regrets."

"We are not going to tell you that you are in our force or even that you have to work for us, but the offer is there to join us in our work in preparing Nova's and non-nova's, and whoever or whatever might join to resist Ba'laan. It's not going be easy and by joining us you are definitely placed in harms way."<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd--> Richard turns away from the view of the vehicles as Eve talks. "I certainly look forward to learning more about this world and conflict."

With this latest reassurance from Eve, Rama takes a lotus postion upon one of the tabletops.

<!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"I believe you have given us enough evidence of your good intentions. I have commented upon the surreal and fantastic nature of the situation," <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->he gestures to the city-scape, <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"though were it a dream I should comport myself no differently. "<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"So...given that I accept all of this as true, your motives will become clear in your words and deeds," <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->he gives a pointed look to Chronos, <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"in time."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

He turns to his companions. <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"And I do not believe that now is the time to make any decisions. These PDAs no doubt contain the most frequently asked questions and only our own intuition can determine the sincerity of their answers. These people obviously have their protocols for awakening and are prepared for our reticence. Let us keep our skepticism and allow them to show us the next step."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> Turning back to their hosts. <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"I for one crave exploration...I feel as though I have been asleep for far too long. For starters, a thourogh tour of this facility would be excellent before we venture into this brave new world." <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
Rama nods. <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"So what then comes next?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
Doc replies,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?The next step is a council meeting. That will be in a week or two. There we review what everyone has been up to, I present my conclusions and reasoning, and people judge what the next step will be.?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
Doc nods approvingly at Eve and says,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?What she said. I?ll even take it a couple of steps further, if after training you want to walk, I?ll spot you a starting stake of a couple of years pay for a mid level worker. As for the decision, I suggest you think about it and gather information for a week or two. It?s a big step and some of you are less endangered than others."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?What she said. I?ll even take it a couple of steps further, if after training you want to walk, I?ll spot you a starting stake of a couple of years pay for a mid level worker. As for the decision, I suggest you think about it and gather information for a week or two. It?s a big step and some of you are less endangered than others."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Kara walks out of the training room after giving one of Smite's unit of thugs a level five training session. Because of them relying too much on Jack's cybernetic modifications and not relying on their own skill, it took her a little longer to help them pass the training and heal them. See boasted the healer nanites to reconstruct one of the thugs arms and anothers leg. She also healed the other members missing limbs but they were organic and the healing process took seconds rather than the hours that the reconstruction of the cybernetics would take. She did not damper the pain that the healing caused hoping that it would serve as a memory of what not to do if they were in the same situation; And they made her late for greeting the new awakened ones. Kara did not like being late.

Feeling a bit annoyed and embarrassed for being late, she gave no thought to changing out of her skin tight majestic blue cobalt armored suit and into her hospital uniform. So, she scanned for Doc and Eve and found them to be up at the rooftop. She enhanced her speed to reach the roof in a quarter time. People in the hallway just saw a female blue blur as Kara raced past them.

When she arrived at the rooftop door, she took a moment to straighten her hair and make sure that everything was in place and then she opened the door. As Kara walked through the door, the light breeze caught her hair ever so slightly lifting it up just to enhance her beauty even more. She walks toward Eve and takes note at all there.

"My apologies for interrupting. I am happy to see all of you awake. I am Kara and I am very pleased to meet all of you." Kara smiles to all and waits for an opening to the conversation that is already in process. "Doctor Chronos, Eve what have I missed?"

Quote:
When she arrived at the rooftop door, she took a moment to straighten her hair and make sure that everything was in place and then she opened the door. As Kara walked through the door, the light breeze caught her hair ever so slightly lifting it up just to enhance her beauty even more. She walks toward Eve and takes note at all there.
"My apologies for interrupting. I am happy to see all of you awake. I am Kara and I am very pleased to meet all of you." Kara smiles to all and waits for an opening to the conversation that is already in process. "Doctor Chronos, Eve what have I missed?"
Richard turns towards the new voice ... and about ten seconds later, picks up his jaw, moving to remain (for the moment) in the background.

Rama turns to see the source of Richard's shock. His pupils dilate completely as the vision standing before him sends his body into a cascade of chemical reactions. Years of monastic training in yogic biofeedback technique fail him as torrents of hormones surge through his body, quickening his pulse and rocking his equilibrium. His heart hammers like thunder in his ears and his vision blurs with dizzyness. To those nearby he seems to be having difficulty drawing breath. Overcome with vertigo by Kara's preeminent beauty, Rama slumps to the table, faint.

To Kara just as she enters;

"Oh hello Kara. We are still delivering them into the integration talks. They seem to be taking it in stride."

Then as Rama and Jack react to Kara Eve darts to Rama and lifts him up to his feet and then to the nearby bench with his back to the table, to rest him upright on. She then quickly pulls a small vial out of a pocket, pops it open and places it under Rama's face.

{{if he is indeed unconcious he is now alert, partially. If he is merely without reasoning at Kara's appearance, he is delivered so much overwhelming scents to his nose and eyes that he can break his focus and come back to reality.}}

"It is apparent that beauty on your levels is rare where Rama comes from Kara. You might need to work with him a bit or tone it down a bit for his sake."

Eve giggle a bit as he also stands and slaps Rich on the back at her speech.

Richard starts to say something, then coughs as he forcibly swallows whatever he was about to say. His face beet red, he takes a moment to clear his throat, then extends a hand to Kara. "Greetings, m'lady, I am Richard Thorne, Jedi Knight." (Assuming she also extends her hand, he'll do the whole courtly-bow over it.) "Our suddenly inebriated friend over there is Rama." Frowning, he walks over to the table and glances at Eve. "Should we take him to a doctor or something?" Right after he says it, he glances over at Chronos. "Er, sorry."

Quote:
To Kara just as she enters;

"Oh hello Kara. We are still delivering them into the integration talks. They seem to be taking it in stride."

Then as Rama and Jack react to Kara Eve darts to Rama and lifts him up to his feet and then to the nearby bench with his back to the table, to rest him upright on. She then quickly pulls a small vial out of a pocket, pops it open and places it under Rama's face.

{{if he is indeed unconcious he is now alert, partially. If he is merely without reasoning at Kara's appearance, he is delivered so much overwhelming scents to his nose and eyes that he can break his focus and come back to reality.}}

"It is apparent that beauty on your levels is rare where Rama comes from Kara. You might need to work with him a bit or tone it down a bit for his sake."

Kara arrives a jiffy after Eve to Rama and helps to lift him to his feet. She places her hand to Rama's chest and checks his vitals. She then regulates his system so that he awakens while Eve supplies the vial. She helps Rama to be completely alert and holds the incredibly handsome man until he recovers completely. Kara makes sure that Rama's hair is away from his eyes so that they do not get in them and lightly dabs the side of his mouth so that he is 'presentable".

Noticing Richard's shock as well, she takes his hand, "It is a pleasure to meet you Richard Thorne, Jedi Knight. No need to worry about our friend, he will be fine." She then looks into Richard's eyes and asks quietly with a tinge of playfulness, "Do you need some assistance too?" She pauses for a moment and giggles for a second and looks to Eve.

"So Eve, are you telling me that YOU did not get the same reaction when they saw your incredible beauty? How about you sweety", Kara asks Eve and Whisper. "

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=468:date=Jul 26 2006, 03&#58;26 PM:name=Eve)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eve &#064; Jul 26 2006, 03&#58;26 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Kara arrives a jiffy after Eve to Rama and helps to lift him to his feet. She places her hand to Rama's chest and checks his vitals. She then regulates his system so that he awakens while Eve supplies the vial. She helps Rama to be completely alert and holds the incredibly handsome man until he recovers completely. Kara makes sure that Rama's hair is away from his eyes so that they do not get in them and lightly dabs the side of his mouth so that he is 'presentable".
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

{{Rama did indeed faint...his dormant personality is quite shy}}

With his physiology returned to equilibrium and under the soothing effects of Eve's aura, Rama returns to conscioussness and slowly opens his eyes. He just sits there for a moment looking into Kara's eyes with a wistful smile. His expression to her is a mix of giddy contentment and questioning awe as if to say "Can this be real?" Finally he speaks in a dreamy voice. <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"I must be awake, for not even in my dreams could I imagine such..."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> he trails off. He suddenly becomes aware of the rest of the room around him as he fully awakens. Embarrased again by all of the eyes upon him, one wouldn't guess that an Indian complexion could be so flush.

Quote:
Noticing Richard's shock as well, she takes his hand, "It is a pleasure to meet you Richard Thorne, Jedi Knight. No need to worry about our friend, he will be fine." She then looks into Richard's eyes and asks quietly with a tinge of playfulness, "Do you need some assistance too?" She pauses for a moment and giggles for a second and looks to Eve.
Richard shakes his head, pulling himself together quickly. "I'll be fine. It's not often that one comes face to face with a woman who would make Aphrodite jealous. No doubt, should we work together for a time, your looks will cease to be quite so poleaxing." He winks. "You must be the secret weapon of the group, yes?"

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->"So Eve, are you telling me that YOU did not get the same reaction when they saw your incredible beauty? "<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd--> Richard waits until the women are not paying direct attention to him, and sidles over to the Doc. "Are all the women you work with so beautiful?" he whispers.

Whisper quirks her eyebrows and smiles a bit thinly.

"I guess we didn't quite make the cut. That's all right though. Causing spontaneous fainting is a bit ostentatious for my preferences."

Her smile changes subtly, becomes more genuine, as she offers her hand. "You can call me Whisper. Kara, is it? A pleasure to meet you."

Quote:
"Oh," Whisper replies with a little smile. "Gathering information is something of a specialty of mine. You needn't worry about that. I suppose I was thinking in more concrete terms though. For example, if I were to stay here and work with you...what sort of tasks would you present me with, and what would the rewards be? Also, what does this training you mention entail, exactly?"
Doc starts to answer when Kara enters his view. As usual, she carbonates his hormones, but at the moment Doc is 50 and not 18. His much more aged form manages, barely, to keep his composure... almost.

<!--coloro:#FF0000--><span style="color:#FF0000"><!--/coloro-->*:Sigh: One of these days I?ll?.... be 18 and thoroughly embarrass myself. I wonder if she?s knows she?s why I don?t let Crumble out much when she?s around? I wonder if Eve has figured this out?*<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
Richard starts to say something, then coughs as he forcibly swallows whatever he was about to say. His face beet red, he takes a moment to clear his throat, then extends a hand to Kara. "Greetings, m'lady, I am Richard Thorne, Jedi Knight." (Assuming she also extends her hand, he'll do the whole courtly-bow over it.) "Our suddenly inebriated friend over there is Rama." Frowning, he walks over to the table and glances at Eve. "Should we take him to a doctor or something?" Right after he says it, he glances over at Chronos. "Er, sorry."
Doc responds dryly,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro--> ?Don?t worry about it. And Kara here is that top of the line healer I mentioned earlier.?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
Richard waits until the women are not paying direct attention to him, and sidles over to the Doc. "Are all the women you work with so beautiful?" he whispers.
Doc nods towards Kara,
<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->"She?s in a league by herself. But while Eve is spoken for, I don't think Kara is dating anyone. style_emoticons "<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

?I am so sorry to cause such a commotion. Shock and fainting were definitely not the reactions that I was going for when I came in,? Kara says jokingly to Whisper and Eve.

She gladly takes Whisper?s hand in hers when she offers it and says very sincerely, ?I am very pleased to meet you Whisper. I am glad to see you and really all of you amongst the awakened. Hopefully you find what we have to share at the very least, insightful.?

To Jedi Knight Richard, ?I am sure that Aphrodite was much prettier than I. Maybe you will get the chance to judge for yourself. But soon enough, you will all be used to my looks just like the rest of the group. Doc?s Crumble hardly plays the gallant role around me anymore,? Kara says teasingly to Doc with a small pout.

?My role here is similar to that of Eve as advisor but I try to be more of a guide and guardian. I serve as healer, trainer and hopefully if all goes well as friend and confidant. But I am primarily concern, actually OUR primary concern is to bring you up to speed to what kind of universe you have awakened to. I assume that they (Kara mentions towards Doc and Eve) have mentioned the time quake, Novas and the need for discretion. I know this is a lot to absorb but soon enough you will see the proof. But I have distracted too much from the conversation in process. Please continue.? With that Kara finds a seat and waits for the conversation to resume.

Quote:
Doc responds dryly,
<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro--> ?Don?t worry about it. And Kara here is that top of the line healer I mentioned earlier.?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
Richard looks at her with a little less lust and a little more appriciation.

Quote:
To Jedi Knight Richard, ?I am sure that Aphrodite was much prettier than I. Maybe you will get the chance to judge for yourself. But soon enough, you will all be used to my looks just like the rest of the group. Doc?s Crumble hardly plays the gallant role around me anymore,? Kara says teasingly to Doc with a small pout.
Shrugging, Richard adjusts his light saber and listens.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->?My role here is similar to that of Eve as advisor but I try to be more of a guide and guardian. I serve as healer, trainer and hopefully if all goes well as friend and confidant. But I am primarily concern, actually OUR primary concern is to bring you up to speed to what kind of universe you have awakened to. I assume that they (Kara mentions towards Doc and Eve) have mentioned the time quake, Novas and the need for discretion. I know this is a lot to absorb but soon enough you will see the proof. But I have distracted too much from the conversation in process. Please continue.? With that Kara finds a seat and waits for the conversation to resume.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd--> "Yes, they've been telling us a little bit about where we are now, and the state of the universe." He pauses at that, frowning as he tugs at the tip of his beard. "Is 'universe' the right word? I got the impression that with so many multiple worlds, 'multiverse' might be more appropriate, but then my knowledge of dimensional physics comes from the science-fiction section at the library." He grins at that, then looks back at Kara. "At any rate, I seem to be the most accepting of things at the moment, but I think that's because Rama and Whisper had their powers before they ended up in your stasis chambers."

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->"I guess we didn't quite make the cut. That's all right though. Causing spontaneous fainting is a bit ostentatious for my preferences."<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"Actually you are both rather overwhelming. I am sure this would be much more difficult without Eve's assistance."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> At this point Rama seems to have composed himself and his breathing has returned to its usual meditative fullness.

Richard's last comment seems to animate him. <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"I don't believe that acceptance is the issue in question here anymore. The question is, how can we best adapt to our radical new circumstances?" <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

To Eve, <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"I am certain you understand the importance of individual contribution when it comes to cultural integrations and it would please me greatly to be of service. I have mastered both the healing and martial arts and am competent in the sciences as well as engineering. I would like to begin training as soon as possible."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

He looks at Chronos. <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"That is the prerequiste for letting us explore is it not?"

<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

To Kara he stands and manages to make eye contact. She can tell with her senses that he is using some kind of bio-feedback tecnique in order to actually accomplish this... the effort makes his temperature rise slightly and creates a slight frequency variance in his bioelectric field. <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"I apologize for my lack of decorum." <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> He gives her a slight bow from the waist, his palms pressed together in prayer position and maintaing eye contact. <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"Rama Sri Shivananda at your service." <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Kara appreciatively accepts Rama?s apology for his loss of composure and responds to him appropriately with a bow or curtsy. She looks at all three but addresses Rama first, ?It is a pleasure to meet you Rama.? And now she addresses the rest, ?I appreciate your willingness to help out in the facility but first let us give you a tour of the facility. Next we would like to show you the Planet that we inhabit. There is much more to show all of you. This facility is really hard to describe without us showing it to you first. We can answer more of your questions as we walk if you are done enjoying the magnificent view of the moons rising. It really is one of my favorite part of the night.?

Quote:
Kara appreciatively accepts Rama?s apology for his loss of composure and responds to him appropriately with a bow or curtsy. She looks at all three but addresses Rama first, ?It is a pleasure to meet you Rama.? And now she addresses the rest, ?I appreciate your willingness to help out in the facility but first let us give you a tour of the facility. Next we would like to show you the Planet that we inhabit. There is much more to show all of you. This facility is really hard to describe without us showing it to you first. We can answer more of your questions as we walk if you are done enjoying the magnificent view of the moons rising. It really is one of my favorite part of the night.?

Rama, allowing Kara to see a small hint of mischief replies, <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"Truly, even as we experience a lunar eclipse..." <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
Then adding thoughtfully, <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"Actually I had just been asking for a tour."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Kara puts on a tone of teacher to student, but still playful, "A lunar eclipse would definitely be a sight to behold since they are rare with two moons. Both moons hiding in the shadow of Paril will not happen for another five hundred sixty five years twenty two weeks and fifteen days. I doubt we will still be on planet to see it." She keeps her gaze looking at the sky as the moons continue their ascent.

Quote:
Kara puts on a tone of teacher to student, but still playful, "A lunar eclipse would definitely be a sight to behold since they are rare with two moons. Both moons hiding in the shadow of Paril will not happen for another five hundred sixty five years twenty two weeks and fifteen days. I doubt we will still be on planet to see it." She keeps her gaze looking at the sky as the moons continue their ascent.

Rama also enjoys the dusky sky. In a similar tone, he replies <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"What? No minutes or seconds???" style_emoticons <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->
"And anyway, we are novas. As I understand it our lifespans continue to increase as we grow in power...at least when we aren't fighting each other,"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> he adds more seriously.
<!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->
"On that note I seem to be the only one of us that understands that term: homo sapiens novus." <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
To Whisper, <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->" Were there not other demigods among on your homeworld?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

"True, you are Novas but the chances that we will still be on this planet in five hundred years are not odds that I would bet on."

Kara turns and looks at Rama at the comment of the term homo sapiens novus. "So you believe that you are an entirely new species? Hmm... Interesting. Would that make you superior to homo sapiens?"

Quote:
"True, you are Novas but the chances that we will still be on this planet in five hundred years are not odds that I would bet on."

Kara turns and looks at Rama at the comment of the term homo sapiens novus. "So you believe that you are an entirely new species? Hmm... Interesting. Would that make you superior to homo sapiens?"

<!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"Not at all. Genus: Homo, Species: Sapiens. Novus refers to the sub-species of Sapiens created by the development of a new organ and its consequent genetic changes. Despite these changes Sapiens and Sapiens Novus are still quite inter-fertile and so subject to the same definition. However, the viability and stability of the mutations that create the sub-species are still very much in question. Some of us do not adjust well to the changes..." <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

He pauses.
"Which brings us to the question: Are novas superior? Leaving aside for the moment that any baseline has some potential for developing an M-R Node, it can be said superficially that novas appear to have higher potentials than baselines. We can do things that no human can: fly without machines or even wings for example. However, the ability to fly or project energy does not automatically carry with it the capacity for critical thought, moral discernment, wisdom, or even clarity of purpose. Also, those with the farthest to reach often work the hardest to overcome their limitations: the Wright brother for example. No. Despite the cries of those who would delude themselves with their power, we are still quite human, along with all that comes with it..." <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Again he pauses, looking at each one of their hosts in a serious manner, stopping at Kara as he continues.

<!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"I can tell by the probing tone of your question that you have had difficulty with at least one of us in the past. I can assure you, I will pose no such threat. So that I myself do not sucumb to such hubris, I periodically relinquish my power to live as any other man. It was during one of these periods that I was brought here, and I am happy to earn my way like everyone else."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

"My question was to understand where you stood on the matter. Doc and Eve will explain the philosophy that we teach here to help you deal with the Taint that being a Nova carries with it. We are not as radical in thinking as some but we recognize the need to deal with the Taint and we believe that we have found the best possible way. Of course, your paradigm may shift as time passes and at times you will know that you are superior. This is just one of the subjects that we try to stay current with as long as you are with us. Hubris is a state of mind and some suffer more from it than others. It kind of comes with being given great power at such a rapid rate. In the universe, there are powers of various degrees. Novas just need to be careful for their power carries a heavy burden."

Quote:
"My question was to understand where you stood on the matter. Doc and Eve will explain the philosophy that we teach here to help you deal with the Taint that being a Nova carries with it. We are not as radical in thinking as some but we recognize the need to deal with the Taint and we believe that we have found the best possible way. "
Richard breaks in as soon as Kara finishes speaking. "Whoa, wait a second - what taint are you talking about? Are you two saying that waking up with powers and knowledge inside my head is going to make me go crazy someday?"

Quote:
Richard breaks in as soon as Kara finishes speaking. "Whoa, wait a second - what taint are you talking about? Are you two saying that waking up with powers and knowledge inside my head is going to make me go crazy someday?"

<!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"QBS or Quantum Backlash Syndrome. Essentially if you channel more energy than you were designed to it can result in mental or physical mutations. Some call them aberrations. Others like myself who were "reborn" changed tend to see them as extensions of the archetypes that underly our gifts."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->"My question was to understand where you stood on the matter......Of course, your paradigm may shift as time passes and at times you will know that you are superior.......Hubris is a state of mind and some suffer more from it than others. It kind of comes with being given great power at such a rapid rate. In the universe, there are powers of various degrees. Novas just need to be careful for their power carries a heavy burden."<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->
"I'm not sure I understand where you stand on the matter. I am glad we agree on the mantle of responsibility but are you suggesting that we should feel superior?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Kara looks at Richard as though she is seeing through him (farsensing). She concentrates for a brief moment and says, "There is a chance that you may go mad but it will not be from the knowledge that we give you. It may come from the power that you wield. It would be similar to the... Dark Side that you so want to avoid. Hopefully what we show you and if you embrace it, it will help you avoid the taint that has consumed so many Novas. There are those who embrace the taint. They feel enlightenment is through the taint and express themselves in what sane people would call vulgar and truly aberrant ways. What once could have been so beautiful is now a powerful being of chaos (These are just expressions that Kara is using. In no way is she suggesting that they are servants of chaos from other games.)."

Quote:
"I am nuetral on the matter. Humans have always felt superior to each other for a number of reasons. Novas feeling superior to other Novas is no different. The way someone expresses their superiority is where I may have a problem."

Rama nods with understanding. <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"I prefer to think that we are all given unique areas in which to shine. However as you stated so elegantly, hubris is a state of mind. I am no stranger to the heady rush of power. That is why, to preserve my humilty, I prefer to spend time like this. To keep my feet on the ground as it were..."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Eve has been observing the talk so far and has shuffled a little closer to Chronos during the interrum. Every once in awhile she casts a knowing glance toward Kara as if in agreement somehow. As if sensing that the talks are getting a bit too deep for day one, she interrupts?<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--> <!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->?There are many facets to the truth Rama. Richard. But the truth is constant in this reality.?<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--> <!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Then with a hurried voice, ?Lets leave the deep talks for tomorrow after a natural nights refreshment or sleep and for the next couple of weeks. Right now however we have arranged a tour of the planet to let you ovserve the expanse of this land and the masses of people within. Our shuttle awaits..?<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->She gestures toward a ramp leading upward to a second tier of the balcony.<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->?I believe it will be Kara flying us tonight. It will be refreshing and will give you all time to reflect.?<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:#006600--><span style="color:#006600"><!--/coloro-->With that the next phase of this topic before end-night is the shuttle tour of the planet. It will take you all on a supersonic flight above the city and around this hemisphere and will last a few hours with only a few stops here and there to show local fauna in some protected lands and such. The tour goes out of the way to show the planet is not just all metal and glass like it appears but does boast some beautiful areas of raw untouched forest and prairies perhaps the size of Texas.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:#006600--><span style="color:#006600"><!--/coloro-->For the most part the planet is Coruscant like in that is has multi- mile high buildings and treads near 800 billion in population. (compared ot the 1 trillion of Coruscant for referrence). The race here is what you all would call human but they are merely ?humanoid? in that no one on this planet is from Earth. Also remember that to everyone but earthlings you are going to be referred to as Terran; every sentient in the galaxy comes from a planet made of earth(rock, dirt, water, carbon, etc..) after all.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#ff6600--><span style="color:#ff6600"><!--/coloro--> <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:#ff6600--><span style="color:#ff6600"><!--/coloro-->From the sky you will see all the beautiful light of the city night from a birds view with all the scattered sky-high holographic advertisements nearing the designated flight paths. Even as the hours wear on the air traffic does not wane much and in some areas it even increases to the point that Kara needs to stop for a short minute or two to allow a behemoth airbus to pass. One of the stops will be the middle of a ?Park? akin to central park with its lakes and ponds but nearing the size of California. The night time brings with it glow-globes that hover along side you at about 15? high to light your way as you walk. Yet another stop will be high atop the planets largest starport to show the newcomers all the masses of ?alien? races coming here and there. It is at the starport where they will witness true alien life and see races with odd colored skin, flaps under their limbs, tentacled fingers and feet, etc, etc. (not all on the same species..lol) For the most part however, 90% of the ?alien? species are humanoid (2-arms, 2-legs, head atop the torso, etc.) It is a rare occurrence to see a species akin to the Hutt or a dralasite.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--coloro:#ff6600--><span style="color:#ff6600"><!--/coloro--> <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:#ff6600--><span style="color:#ff6600"><!--/coloro-->Once the tour is over and the landing is had back at the team HQ, (which looks like any other wealthier building in the middle of the City-Zone of Pher) Rama, Richard, and Whisper will be show to their own private room but each next to the other in the order of Whisper, Richard, Rama. All the rooms are decorated elegantly but not overly done. It?s all in good taste. All will find things in the room that might lend them to think they were probed mentally; things that make them feel more at home and comfortable like a favorite snack or a chair that reflects a really comfortable sitting spot from back home. You all have some crative liberties as far as this goes. Eve is the last one to leave and assures them of their privacy. Class starts at 9:00am tomorrow morning and the three of them can exit their rooms but it is strongly urged that they not leave this section of the building or get into an elevator;? it is simply to easy to get lost here? is Eve?s weak logic but she sounds sincere enough.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:#ff6600--><span style="color:#ff6600"><!--/coloro-->The next morning will bring the three into a private larger apartment with all the accouterments to make a comfortable visit. Chronos, Eve, or Kara (or all three) will gather with the new three and continue the ?training? which consist mainly of talks and walks around the property now and then.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

Quote:
Rama also enjoys the dusky sky. In a similar tone, he replies... <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"And anyway, we are novas. As I understand it our lifespans continue to increase as we grow in power...at least when we aren't fighting each other,"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
Doc points out,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->"Ahem. style_emoticons Lifespan? No lifespans around here. If you wish, decide how old you'd like to be."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Richard breaks in as soon as Kara finishes speaking. "Whoa, wait a second - what taint are you talking about? Are you two saying that waking up with powers and knowledge inside my head is going to make me go crazy someday?"<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Doc makes a mental note to talk to Richard, in depth, about QBS, and other "newly erupted" type issues but doesn't say anything at this time.

Whisper, surprisingly good at lurking unseen for someone as striking in appearance as she is (mega appearance 1 style_emoticonsstyle_emoticons) speaks up into the moment of silence.

"A neat little fringe benefit of union membership. Lets turn the discussion that way a little. Aside from your assurances that we have no choice, we're in this war already...what kind of perks can we expect from siding with you and your team here? And, on the other side, what will be expected of us? Will we have time to pursue our own projects?"

Planet Paril, City of Pher

10:00am-12:00pm, Tharon 18, 488 CY

Team council apartment

Eve is sitting cross legged on an ottoman up against a wall facing the rest of the comfy living room area of te apartment. She is dresssed today in a short skort and top in the shade of beige. Her hair is pulled back into a brad behind her head and in all looks like she is "off the clock."

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Whisper said;

"A neat little fringe benefit of union membership. Lets turn the discussion that way a little. Aside from your assurances that we have no choice, we're in this war already...what kind of perks can we expect from siding with you and your team here? And, on the other side, what will be expected of us? Will we have time to pursue our own projects?"<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

"Well in regard to the benefits, and I do appreciate the candor there Whisper, you will be paid a stipend simply for being awoken. You wont live large on what the stipend is but we will never take it away from you and it will not end. Funds are in a trust that pay out to the beneficiaries monthly. However, if you do decide to see what you can do for us, you will get compensated accordingly pending on the importance or need of the said job."

Eve smiles as if knowing where the non-nova is going next. "But in all Whisper, were in this together and if your ever in need of something or simply want something but lack the funds, simply ask someone and we'll make it happen just shy of asking for the moon. None of our people are lacking anything."

"As far as what we might ask of you, well there are many logistical positions we could use but Chronos' and another of our team, Jack, should be able to place you if you wanted a real job."

Quote:
Team council apartment

Eve smiles as if knowing where the non-nova is going next. "But in all Whisper, were in this together and if your ever in need of something or simply want something but lack the funds, simply ask someone and we'll make it happen just shy of asking for the moon. None of our people are lacking anything."
Richard grins at Eve. "Oh darn, and I was so hoping for my own moon base with an interplanetary laaaa-ser beam," he says, a la Dr. Evil. "Seriously though, what do you need us for? Other than a probably unhealthy interest in the care and use of medieval weaponry, I doubt I have the skills needed for an interdimensional band of freedom fighters." He glances towards a window, remembering the vehicles flying past, miles above the surface. "Though I have the sudden feeling that I know how to fly one of those aircars ... "

Team council apartment

Quote:
Richard grins at Eve. "Oh darn, and I was so hoping for my own moon base with an interplanetary laaaa-ser beam," he says, a la Dr. Evil. "Seriously though, what do you need us for? Other than a probably unhealthy interest in the care and use of medieval weaponry, I doubt I have the skills needed for an interdimensional band of freedom fighters." He glances towards a window, remembering the vehicles flying past, miles above the surface. "Though I have the sudden feeling that I know how to fly one of those aircars ... "
Perhaps missing the cultural reference, Doc answers,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?Oh, that could be arranged.?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> (You aren?t sure whether or not he is serious).

Quote:
Whisper, surprisingly good at lurking unseen for someone as striking in appearance as she is (mega appearance 1 style_emoticonsstyle_emoticons) speaks up into the moment of silence.

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->"A neat little fringe benefit of union membership. Lets turn the discussion that way a little. Aside from your assurances that we have no choice, we're in this war already...what kind of perks can we expect from siding with you and your team here? And, on the other side, what will be expected of us? Will we have time to pursue our own projects?"

Doc smiles and responds,

?First, you do have a choice, lots of them. You could learn just enough to avoid the Ban, walk out our front door, be a good little normal and never think about opposing the ban and skip the whole fight. In a century or five you?ll be dead, but the risk of that lifestyle is minimal. Or you could do something close by only using your powers occasionally and taking a lot of care to hide from the ban, or you could even use your powers all the time without joining our crew. There?re lots of options.?

?On a side note, we don?t worry about lifespan and this is a time war, so there is lots of time to pursue other projects. I think Jack is currently trying to conquer the world without anyone noticing and I?m trying to reshape its social structure. A few weeks ago I took six months off to complete an apprenticeship, and the last two years I?ve become a mage.?

?As you may have gathered, we are very, very, big on personal development. There is a reason for that, Big and Bad is much bigger and much badder than any of us can hope to be. We need to close the gap, and that means making the most out of each of us. We have training systems and research from hundreds of thousands of years and timelines. Pax training turned me into a temporal powerhouse, I suspect we can do similar things for you. This is the big leagues, we want everyone to be a big leaguer, and if you don?t consider yourself to be that right now, you certainly have the potential. Just for a sample of what Pax training can do, we have a discipline that controls ?Taint?. Some parts of our technology is similarly impressive.?

?We aren?t just offering a chance to fight the good fight, and hang out with a very diverse group of noteworthy people. We are offering a chance to gain a considerable amount of power and the opportunity to change the universe.?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Kara nods in agreement at various points of what Doc has to say. She waits for him to finish and adds, ?Whatever that you do decide, know that the Ban will be after you. In Ba?laan?s multiversal plan for a Utopia, all of us were not to exist. He is actively setting up ways to wipe us out of existence and the Ban is his most effective way. He is performing a mass genocide to our kind and others. It is a fight that does traverse millennia but billions, if not trillions of lives depend on us succeeding.?

Quote:
Perhaps missing the cultural reference, Doc answers,
<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?Oh, that could be arranged.?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> (You aren?t sure whether or not he is serious).
Richard gives him an odd look, blinks rapidly a few times, and then shrugs.

Quote:
Kara nods in agreement at various points of what Doc has to say. She waits for him to finish and adds, ?It is a fight that does traverse millennia but billions, if not trillions of lives depend on us succeeding.?
"No pressure or anything," he adds sarcastically.

Archived