Aberrant: Ba'alt - Re: Integrations and Introductions

Narrator

Planet Paril

Team Shelter, city of Cuth

Friday 1030; Chilan 8(November) 499 CY

<!--coloro:#ff0000--><span style="color:#ff0000"><!--/coloro-->Participants: Jedi Richard, Rama, Whisper.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#ff0000--><span style="color:#ff0000"><!--/coloro-->please post descriptive's of your character in the "what we know about you" topic.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto-->This topic is for the talks and training during the conversions and integrations of the Hitchhikers, aka, the poor souls sucked up in the temporal vortex.<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto-->

<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Darkness. Not horrid terrifying darkness like you have in bad dreams, but more like the remembered darkness after a great nights sleep. That's all you can recall for the first few hours of waking up. You are not even sure who you are let alone what you are. The light shift from dark to light now and then and eventually you feel a sharp pain in your left arm as an attractive nurse administers something to you. {{those with mega stam or Int can determine from the feelings it gives you that is simply medicine and nothing immediately harmful.}} The feelings come back your limbs as does the memories of the last events right before your long sleep.<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->"Rest there now. Let your mind relax and try not to move. You are safe here. I will return in a few hours."<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->The nurses' voice is calming and carries without a feeling of innate trust. You are so weary and weak that you gladly fall asleep and might feel the quantum start to flow back into your bodies. {{Your bodies have been drained of quantum for a long time now. It will take awhile to recharge}}<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto-->

<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Then you are awake. It comes like lightning and you are wide awake. No pain or disorientation or vertigo; Simply very aware and very hungry. The room is rather Spartan with little decorations. The walls and floors appear to be brushed steel with no seams apparent, with the sheen of chrome. The door is closed and has a heavy latch with no apparent way to open it on this side and The walls seem to be shimmering with some sort of energy which makes sound seems oddly vacant. When the nurse speaks it seems muffled somehow. <!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->"Here is some food and drink here. If there is anything you prefer, please let me know."<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->The nurse is back and again her voice delivers with it implicit trust and assurance that there is nothing "fishy" going on. You are not strapped down but are wearing a simply hospital gown (open in the back) and some thin gauss slippers around your feet. A think sheet covers you shielding you from the chilly hospital air conditioning. <!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->The food about you is a lot of food, but nova's are normally known for the veracious appetites, even those of you with adaptability will have a lingering hunger for a time from being so long with no quantum in you.<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->The nurse simply stands there, her 5'8" and relatively thin frame don't seem much like security to you. But something about her standing there while you look at the food or begin eating tells you are both safe here and unwelcome to leave the room, for now. If you don't eat or simply look like you are not going to eat, the nurse moves to the side of your bed.<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->"MY name is Eve and I am a nurse here. The doctor will be here shortly, please relax until he arrives."<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->She then goes about monitoring some of the various devices nearbye that are obviously sensing various aspects of your bodies without wires. Her smile is contagious and ant angst and restlessness fade everytime you glance her way.<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:#3333ff--><span style="color:#3333ff"><!--/coloro-->{{Please await Chronos' opening as he enters and such. His timing is impeccable, IN game, and will arrive at the precise moment Eve says to relax until he arrives.}}<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

This topic is open to all.. Kara, Eve and Chronos are integral parts here and part of the medical staff.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doctor Chronos enters the room just as Eve finishes speaking. He gives Eve a warm glance for a moment and then shifts his attention to the three of you. Chronos somehow fills the room with his presence, he?s obviously a nova or some other being of power just from that. He gives each of you a discerning, but not unfriendly, glance and then says,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?Hello. I?m Doctor Chronos, I?m hear to help you. I haven?t met any of you before so I?m going to assume that you are learning this for the first time. Bear with me, there?s a lot of ground to cover. First of all, none of you are injured, all of you could use some rest but otherwise you are physically fine. You are also in no danger here, this is a hospital, not a jail or anything similar. Having said that, you are probably waiting for the bad news. I?m going to skip several complicating issues and give it to you directly. All of you are, just like the rest of us, thoroughly lost.?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?Every now and then there are large natural disasters, and some people end up as refugees. The bad news is this has happened, and it?s happened to you. The even worse news is the natural disaster that occurred wasn?t a volcano or earthquake, but a timequake. All of you got swept up in it, all of you have been displaced hundreds of thousands of years sideways in time, and tens of thousands of years into the future. We are so far away in time that even some of the natural laws are different. Even without the complicating issues of the war and the reality police we have no way to reverse things for anyone.?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?I?m sorry.?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> (Chronos? words ring with truth, especially that last phrase. Persuader-On)

Doc waits for your reactions.

Rama, Richard, and Whisper.

You all will note that your powers presently dont seem to be missing, if you try yo use them, but they simply dont seem to do anything when you try and use them. You might feel the quantum leave you but no results....

Again however, Try hard not to freak out as you are under the effects of Soothe and Calm. <!--coloro:#993300--><span style="color:#993300"><!--/coloro-->{{note this is not permanent, we would not have a game if it was. this is simply a skilled and powerful team doing what they can to protect the status quo.}}<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?Every now and then there are large natural disasters, and some people end up as refugees. The bad news is this has happened, and it?s happened to you. The even worse news is the natural disaster that occurred wasn?t a volcano or earthquake, but a timequake. All of you got swept up in it, all of you have been displaced hundreds of thousands of years sideways in time, and tens of thousands of years into the future. We are so far away in time that even some of the natural laws are different. Even without the complicating issues of the war and the reality police we have no way to reverse things for anyone.?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
Richard studies the doctor for a moment, then (assuming he's back in his own clothes) straightens his robes. "So, what do you plan to do with us now? I mean," he glances around the table, "I doubt that I could continue to teach Driver's Ed in some parallel time and future. And, ah, you mentioned the reality police - which implies that you're not." He waits for a response, interested but not hostile.

<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Narrator said:<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--> You are not strapped down but are wearing a simply hospital gown (open in the back) and some thin gauss slippers around your feet. <!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Your normal attire has not been given yet. It just might be in the small, clinical nightstand near the bed.<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

Quote:
<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Narrator said:<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--> You are not strapped down but are wearing a simply hospital gown (open in the back) and some thin gauss slippers around your feet. <!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->
<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Your normal attire has not been given yet. It just might be in the small, clinical nightstand near the bed.<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd--> In that case ...

"And when do we get our clothes back?" Richard asks pointedly of the nurse, plucking at the flimsy gown.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->"Here is some food and drink here. If there is anything you prefer, please let me know."<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd--><!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"Thank you," <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->he replies, feeling quite relaxed and at ease. He then notices that he is nearly naked and looks away, blushing. Turning to the feast before him his eyes widen slightly. <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"Are you sure this is a hospital?" <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

He eats only the vegetarian items, slowly and thoughtfully chewing his food while taking in the strange and surreal surroundings.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Doctor Chronos enters the room just as Eve finishes speaking. He gives Eve a warm glance for a moment and then shifts his attention to the three of you. Chronos somehow fills the room with his presence, he?s obviously a nova or some other being of power just from that. He gives each of you a discerning, but not unfriendly, glance and then says,

?Hello. I?m Doctor Chronos, I?m hear to help you. I haven?t met any of you before so I?m going to assume that you are learning this for the first time. Bear with me, there?s a lot of ground to cover. First of all, none of you are injured, all of you could use some rest but otherwise you are physically fine. You are also in no danger here, this is a hospital, not a jail or anything similar. Having said that, you are probably waiting for the bad news. I?m going to skip several complicating issues and give it to you directly. All of you are, just like the rest of us, thoroughly lost.?

?Every now and then there are large natural disasters, and some people end up as refugees. The bad news is this has happened, and it?s happened to you. The even worse news is the natural disaster that occurred wasn?t a volcano or earthquake, but a timequake. All of you got swept up in it, all of you have been displaced hundreds of thousands of years sideways in time, and tens of thousands of years into the future. We are so far away in time that even some of the natural laws are different. Even without the complicating issues of the war and the reality police we have no way to reverse things for anyone.?

?I?m sorry.?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Rama seems to take this all fairly well in stride until the good doctor mentions the war.

<!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"The aberrant war...We were unable to prevent it then..." <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> He seems saddened by this news. <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"I am sorry as well," <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->he adds in his clear voice, with the slight British/Hindi accent of the western educated.

<!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"Where are we?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

At the mention of cloths Doc nods to Eve to get the clothing out.

Quote:
Rama seems to take this all fairly well in stride until the good doctor mentions the war.

<!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"The aberrant war...We were unable to prevent it then..." <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> He seems saddened by this news. <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"I am sorry as well," <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->he adds in his clear voice, with the slight British/Hindi accent of the western educated.

<!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"Where are we?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Doc says at this,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?Interesting. You must be from a timeline fairly close to my original one. I?m not sure whether we avoided that war or not. I suspect the answer is yes or no depending on the timeline. But that was a local phenomenon. The war in question I?m talking about is the war over reality. It won?t start for a few hundred thousand years, but it?s already making things problematic for us right now. Basically? no, let?s start at the beginning.?

?All three of you are,?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> Doc glances at Rama <!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?or potentially are, beings of power. Back home we were called novas and our presence raised a number of questions about both societal interaction and about physics. One of the fundamental questions asked about us was, what can we do? Some of us could control fire, or ice, or time, etc and there didn?t seem to be much in the way of rules. Eventually someone came up with the idea that, in theory, novas can do anything.?

?That?s the theory. The problem is, sometimes this is also true in reality. There are no natural limits. This sounds pretty cool, the problem is someone else figured it out first.?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Doc sighs.

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?After the time-quake we ended up in a pocket dimension where reality stopped outside the solar system and everyone worshiped the ?goddess?, who supposedly had created reality. This turned out to be literally true, she was one heck of a powerful nova and actually had done so. She was also half dead because she made the same mistake we all do and didn?t realize that someone else figured it out first.?

?Some else figured out time travel. Someone else figured out multiple realities, and space travel, and different laws of physics. Someone else figured out how to be nearly omnipotent. And he doesn?t like sharing. So he passed a law. And by that I mean a natural law. It?s called the ban. If the universe notices you are doing something some thing you shouldn?t then it summons reality cops, aka the big guy?s super powered thugs. Time travel and temporal manipulation are banned. Artificial intelligence is banned. Teleportation is banned. Ditto many types of high technology, ditto many types of energy manipulation and weapons,?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> Doc glances significantly at Richard with this last statement <!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?ditto various movement types. Basically anything that might unseat big and bad is banned. Note that?s ?banned for us?. He and his don?t need to follow the rules. Near as I can tell his basic thug units are time traveling artificially intelligent robots. By the way, those would be the ones that took down the Goddess, they are seriously bad news.?

?The good news is this fascist empire won?t be put together for hundreds of thousands of years. The bad news is he?s trying to enforce his rule retroactively, and novas are potentially his rivals.?

?In broad strokes, that is the war. Don?t let it bother you, Big and bad has a limited number of thugs to cover an unlimited amount of territory. Avoiding them is easy if you can fool the ban. Right now we are in hiding and we?ll teach you how to do that.?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?The planet is called Paril. It?s not the planet Earth although there are similarities. The locals don?t know what novas are so if the subject comes up tell people you're a type of mage. The technology base is roughly late 21th century Earth. Magic works but not as well as technology. Think cyberpunk if that word means anything to you. I?m not happy with the social structure?s divisions between the haves and the have-nots but that?s a different issue.?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Of the three awakened patients, one of them is a pretty young woman...even beautiful, though with her dark violet-tinged hair and blue and indigo eyes, it's an exotic sort of beauty. She hasn't said anything yet; she's just sitting up in her bed, staring alternately at Chronos, Eve, Richard, and Rama.

When she speaks, it's with a somewhat girlish, high pitched voice. Her pronounciation is educated, almost British, but not quite the same.

"That's quite a story," she says lightly, "Especially coming from someone who's name is suggestive of some kind of...comic book character?" Her head tilts slightly as she studies the doctor intently for his response, but she doesn't pause quite long enough to let someone else intervene.

"Why should I...or any of us, really...trust you? You claim we are 'beings of power,' but we're obviously being tampered with somehow. Suppressed. None of us would normally be anywhere near this calm and accepting of the situation you've outlined unless one or both of you were in our heads, making it so.""

She folds her arms in front of her. "I challenge you to come clean, 'Doctor Chronos.' What is being done to us, and when can we expect it to stop? Not to mention what you think we owe you for this timely rescue from across time and space? And exactly who is in charge here? You?"

Quote:
?Some else figured out time travel. Someone else figured out multiple realities, and space travel, and different laws of physics. Someone else figured out how to be nearly omnipotent. And he doesn?t like sharing. So he passed a law. And by that I mean a natural law. It?s called the ban. If the universe notices you are doing something some thing you shouldn?t then it summons reality cops, aka the big guy?s super powered thugs. Time travel and temporal manipulation are banned. Artificial intelligence is banned. Teleportation is banned. Ditto many types of high technology, ditto many types of energy manipulation and weapons,? Doc glances significantly at Richard with this last statement [color:#3333FF]?ditto various movement types. Basically anything that might unseat big and bad is banned. Note that?s ?banned for us?. He and his don?t need to follow the rules. Near as I can tell his basic thug units are time traveling artificially intelligent robots. By the way, those would be the ones that took down the Goddess, they are seriously bad news.?
After the Doc runs down for a minute (and Richard has had a chance to shrug into his robes and belt), he holds up his lightsaber. "So, you're saying that using this," he thumbs the switch for a moment, letting a beam of sky blue energy a meter long spring out, then vanish again, "on a regular basis will bring the Time Cops down on my head. And you're offering to help me avoid this horrible fate, out of the goodness of your heart?" He glances over at the lady as she voices her own objections. "I can tell darn well my head has been messed with - though I doubt you," he gestures at both Chronos and Eve with the same motion, "had anything to do with that. I guess the really big question is how do we know that you guys are the kind and noble freedom fighters, rather than being the terrorists out to upset the established order?" His voice and face aren't hostile, but he's staring intently at Chronos waiting for an answer.

After handing everyone their clothes and whatever gear they might have had on them, Bracelets, watches, whatever, Eve walks back to stand like a good nurse at Chronos' side.

"You are all being kept calm and soothed but your rationale and intelligence is not hindered. I am afraid all you have to believe me on this is our word. You are not captives or prisoners of any sort here but we cannot afford to let you out on this world without some preparation; our situation is simply too precarious and too finely balanced to let something go wrong."

Eve stands still and silent a short minute before walking to the foot of the bed and loosing another drawer.

She pulls out a large PDA, about the size of half a laptop and hands them to all three of the new ones.

"These will help you learn a little about the world about you, your new reality and how to get along without a hitch after you are done getting integrated."

After the last one is handed out, she ends with;

"I feel inclined to add; There are over 400 billion humans, or earthlings, in this reality but only scores of known Nova's. You are over a million light years from the system called Sol where earth is and many here don't know what a human is. Now most people you meet will appear to be human but fundamentally they are different in some minor ways, better and worse. Be careful."

All the while during her speech, Eve is becoming less and less subtle with her words. It is obvious there is much more she and Chronos can tell you.

"After introductions are done and you all know how to cloak yourselves from the Ban, {{Eve casts a slight grin toward Whisper.}} the technique is rather easy but another nova will need to teach you, we will show you to some apartments where you can unwind. We are just going to insist that you give us a week or so before you use your talents outside of this building."

The woman takes the PDA but doesn't bother looking at it just yet. For a moment she scans the room, eyes slightly narrowed, then appears to either give up or find what she was looking for and look back at Eve.

"I've never heard of a 'nova,'" she says testily. "It sounds like another comic-book word. And I assure you that none of you are in any danger from me. Unless being transported through time and space as you describe has unaccountably caused me to become able to spray lasers from my eyes."

She pauses, then smiles a little, seeming to relax and warm up a bit. "On the other hand, I do apologize for my shrewishness. It's a bit of a shock, isn't it...mood dampeners or not. And you all with your fancy codenames for everything and talking about strange powers..." She shrugs and selects a single small fruit from the tray of heaping food by her bedside. After a glance at it, she laughs.

"Didn't know what we liked, so ordered a bit of everything, did you?"

As Eve hands Rama a nondescript bundle of cloth, it moves to meet his outstretched palm. Flowing onto his body, it becomes a pair of tan loose-fitting cotton pants and a richly embroidered ruddy vest. Pushing back his sheets he sits fully upright in lotus position and continues to eat a simple bowl of hot rice and lentils while listening to the others speak.

He seems interested in his companions reactions and there appearance... One of his eyebrows raises simultaneously with the robed one's energy weapon and Whisper will notice that he seems captivated by her eyes. If she looks over at him, he holds contact for a few moments before his cheeks darken slightly and he looks away, into his bowl of Dahl. Clearing his throat, he addresses Chronos.

<!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"The others have valid points."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> Looking up, <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"Obviously if you had wanted us slain, we wouldn't be here talking. On the other hand, there are those who would manipulate beings of great power. What is it that you want from us?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->Before Chronos can answer he continues with a slight rise of excitment, <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"I would also like to discuss the finer points of this temporal event and the hyper-geometries of the realities you have found..."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> He trails off as he realizes everyone is staring at him. <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"At an appropriate time of course," <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->he finishes.

He accepts the PDA when offered, examines the interface, and then sets it aside.

Quote:
After the Doc runs down for a minute (and Richard has had a chance to shrug into his robes and belt), he holds up his lightsaber. "So, you're saying that using this," he thumbs the switch for a moment, letting a beam of sky blue energy a meter long spring out, then vanish again, "on a regular basis will bring the Time Cops down on my head. And you're offering to help me avoid this horrible fate, out of the goodness of your heart?" He glances over at the lady as she voices her own objections. "I can tell darn well my head has been messed with - though I doubt you," he gestures at both Chronos and Eve with the same motion, "had anything to do with that. I guess the really big question is how do we know that you guys are the kind and noble freedom fighters, rather than being the terrorists out to upset the established order?" His voice and face aren't hostile, but he's staring intently at Chronos waiting for an answer.
Doc responds,
<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?Well, first of all by any sane standards we can not be called terrorists since we do not use terror as a tactic or act against civilians. Actually at the moment we?re barely revolutionaries since we?ve yet to act against the established order. If you buy into the ban?s logic we would be criminals? but then so are you. And please be careful, if the Time Cops find you they will also find this planet. If that happens I?ll have to flee the planet and probably the entire timeline. As my name suggests, I?m a temporal manipulator, because of what I can do, they want me dead, or perhaps even erased from existence.?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Doc turns to Whisper,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?The word Nova is not of my invention, nor is the habit of taking fancy code names. It?s a cultural thing, ask Richard about the social dynamics of it when you have the time. Actually I suggest all of you compare notes, you?ll quickly find out what you have, and don?t have, in common. And if it makes you feel better, you can call me John or Doctor Donaldson if you wish. I really am a medical Doctor.?

?This room suppresses abilities because, well, the first time we had someone wake up, go nuts, and kill a dozen people was more than enough.?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> From his tone, Doc is dead serious.

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?As for what you owe me, the short answer is not much. You need some instruction on how to not trigger the ban, that?s for everyone?s benefit. Telepathy isn?t against the rules so it?s less of an issue. It?d be nice if you?d join our little struggle to save the multi-verse, but that?s a discussion we can have much, much latter when you?re in a better position to make informed judgments.?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
<!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"The others have valid points."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> Looking up, <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"Obviously if you had wanted us slain, we wouldn't be here talking. On the other hand, there are those who would manipulate beings of great power. What is it that you want from us?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->Before Chronos can answer he continues with a slight rise of excitment, <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"I would also like to discuss the finer points of this temporal event and the hyper-geometries of the realities you have found..."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> He trails off as he realizes everyone is staring at him. <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"At an appropriate time of course," <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->he finishes.

He accepts the PDA when offered, examines the interface, and then sets it aside.
Chronos looks at him and comments,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?Hmm, a fellow practitioner. Good, we should talk? but latter I guess.?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Doc visibly shifts focus,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?OK, it?s understandable that you are more than a little disbelieving in all of this, so after all of you eat and get dressed, I suggest we go up to the roof and look at the city and the moons. I think that would go a long way to demonstrate you aren?t where you were.?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
Doc responds,<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?Well, first of all by any sane standards we can not be called terrorists since we do not use terror as a tactic or act against civilians. Actually at the moment we?re barely revolutionaries since we?ve yet to act against the established order. If you buy into the ban?s logic we would be criminals? but then so are you.?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
Richard nods, and resumes his seat (and his meal). "Fair enough," he says.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->?This room suppresses abilities because, well, the first time we had someone wake up, go nuts, and kill a dozen people was more than enough.?From his tone, Doc is dead serious.<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd--> Richard stares at him for a moment, then gives a small nod. He's convinced of that much, at least.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Doc visibly shifts focus,
<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?OK, it?s understandable that you are more than a little disbelieving in all of this, so after all of you eat and get dressed, I suggest we go up to the roof and look at the city and the moons. I think that would go a long way to demonstrate you aren?t where you were.?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd--> Chuckling at this, Richard quickly puts together a sandwich, and snags that and some sort of portable drink container. "I'm guessing then that you have more moons here than Scylla and Charybdis?" (Assuming he gets a funny look from Rama, he'll take a sip of his drink and calmly ask "What?")

The woman shakes her head and says airily, "John? Donaldson? Perish the thought. I'm in your world now, I'll play by your rules. You can call me..."

She considers for a moment, then smiles.

"Whisper."

"And a tour would be lovely. I'm also curious about what exactly you can do. 'Temporal manipulator' could mean so many things..."

Rama doesnt give anyone any funny looks. He seems more to be self conscious, although he doesn't slouch or fidget. Anyone with any empathy would see that he is incredibly sensitive, both sensory and emotionally. His breathing is measured in a mindful manner, and his eyes are dilated (though not in a way suggesting intoxication). His posture is impeccable. Its also obvious he is taken with Whispers beauty but doesn't want to stare. His shyness however isn't boyish. His eyes show a deep and reflective intelligence and one can tell by his posture and energy that he has a big heart and wears it on his sleeve. This is not someone practiced in social manipulation...

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->?OK, it?s understandable that you are more than a little disbelieving in all of this, so after all of you eat and get dressed, I suggest we go up to the roof and look at the city and the moons. I think that would go a long way to demonstrate you aren?t where you were.?<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

<!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->

"Belief is never a question...If one is to engage the world, one must accept one's perceptions as valid. So far this feels much more like a lucid dream." <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> He looks around the room. <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"Though certainly not an unpleasent one." <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> He then rises to his feet with liquid grace (although not preternaturally so as a Nova would). <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"How long have we been asleep?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
Chuckling at this, Richard quickly puts together a sandwich, and snags that and some sort of portable drink container. "I'm guessing then that you have more moons here than Scylla and Charybdis?"
Doc just nods.
Quote:
The woman shakes her head and says airily, "John? Donaldson? Perish the thought. I'm in your world now, I'll play by your rules. You can call me..."

She considers for a moment, then smiles.

"Whisper."

"And a tour would be lovely. I'm also curious about what exactly you can do. 'Temporal manipulator' could mean so many things..."
Doc smiles,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?Whisper it is. And Temporal Manipulator in this case is literal. I can accelerate time, decelerate it, halt it, edit it, make the young old and the old young. That sort of thing. Editing it lets me reverse injuries so they never happened, which in turn lets me fake being a healer really well. But I have to say a real healer can do things I can?t.?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Doc shrugs.
Quote:
<!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"Belief is never a question...If one is to engage the world, one must accept one's perceptions as valid. So far this feels much more like a lucid dream." <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> He looks around the room. <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"Though certainly not an unpleasant one." <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> He then rises to his feet with liquid grace (although not preternaturally so as a Nova would). <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"How long have we been asleep?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
Doc answers,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?If you mean how long were you out? from the point of view I think you mean you?ve been on ice one way or another for months. During the ?quake you were separated from time itself, frozen in time. You showed up in the same realm the rest of us did, but all three of you were in space or deep in the water or were otherwise isolated. It took a while to just find you and by the time we?d recovered you the situation had badly degenerated and we were already packing to move out.?

?The Ban itself was starting to take note of us, things were going to get very bad, very quickly. It was time to run. You and several hundred others were reduced to microscopic size for ease of travel and put into storage. Somehow we got followed to the next realm and when we came here, well, there were other problems. That isn?t to say that we haven?t been thawing people out, it?s just that you were pretty far down the list and we started here with scant resources.?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Bowing slightly to his companions, <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"It would seem introductions are in order. I am Rama Sri Shivananda." <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> He nods at Chronos, <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"Thank you for you hospitality doctor. Please, let us continue this outside...I am greatly in need of fresh air."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
Bowing slightly to his companions, <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"It would seem introductions are in order. I am Rama Sri Shivananda." <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> He nods at Chronos, <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"Thank you for you hospitality doctor. Please, let us continue this outside...I am greatly in need of fresh air."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Whisper gets a mischievous twinkle in her eyes and gives Rama a halfway decent bow considering that she's sitting up in a hospital bed.

"Namaste, Rama," she intones formally, then flashes him a room-brightening grin. Her teeth seem perfect.

She then looks down at herself in the flimsy gown and asks Eve, "Is there a ladies dressing room herabouts?"

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=311:date=Jul 7 2006, 12&#58;34 PM:name=Rama)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rama &#064; Jul 7 2006, 12&#58;34 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->

Whisper gets a mischievous twinkle in her eyes and gives Rama a halfway decent bow considering that she's sitting up in a hospital bed.

"Namaste, Rama," she intones formally, then flashes him a room-brightening grin. Her teeth seem perfect.

She then looks down at herself in the flimsy gown and asks Eve, "Is there a ladies dressing room herabouts?"
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Pressing his palms together in front of his heart, Rama replies <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"Namaste." <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> Whisper's greeting seems to have shifted his attitude, like you reminded him of something. Although still blushing he is now able to hold eye contact and one can see the intelligence hidden under the humility. He actually manages to return her smile, though its obvious that he is still very reserved.
With his hands still in prayer pose he then bows slightly again to the robed man. <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"Namaste. It means, "The divine light in me, acknowleges and bows to the divine light in you."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> His eyes communicate a deep respect and acknowledgement for your presence.

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=311:date=Jul 7 2006, 12&#58;34 PM:name=Rama)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Rama &#064; Jul 7 2006, 12&#58;34 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
Bowing slightly to his companions, <!--coloro:#3366ff--><span style="color:#3366ff"><!--/coloro-->"It would seem introductions are in order. I am Rama Sri Shivananda." <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->He nods at Chronos, <!--coloro:#3366ff--><span style="color:#3366ff"><!--/coloro-->"Thank you for you hospitality doctor. Please, let us continue this outside...I am greatly in need of fresh air."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

She then looks down at herself in the flimsy gown and asks Eve, "Is there a ladies dressing room herabouts?" <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

"Certainly there. Lets let the boys finish their talk and we can go down the hall to a seperate room, I think there is one empty."

Eve graciously helps Whisper out of the bed and into some cloth slippers to warm the feet form the cold floor. Eve nods to Chronos that she is going to meet him in the hall in a moment as she and Whisper walk out. Once in the hall as Eve is unlocking the other door some 4-5 paces away from the room they were in Eve says;

"You might be feeling a little dizzy for a few moments as your powers realign themselves but it should apss within a few seconds. Please tell me if it does not."

{{Whisper is aware of her powers working correctly now but no dizziness.}}

As the pair enter the second room and shows her to a side bathroom in which to get dressed, Eve asks;

"Is 'Whisper' all there is that you want to be called by or should there be more?"

Quote:
With his hands still in prayer pose he then bows slightly again to the robed man. <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"Namaste. It means, "The divine light in me, acknowleges and bows to the divine light in you."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> His eyes communicate a deep respect and acknowledgement for your presence.
Richard gives an almost Japanese bow, and smiles. "Namaste, and may the Force be with you. I am Jedi Richard Thorne. Jedi is," he hesitates a minute as though choosing his words carefully, "a title, sort of like 'sir,' but if we're being informal, please call me Richard." He'll also hold out a hand for a handshake to both Rama and Doc Chronos.

"I suppose we should go see that moonlight now, hmm? Get acquainted with where we are." Picking up his sandwich and drink again, he'll wait for Chronos to show them the way out.

<!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"It is an honour to meet you, Jedi Richard. I believe in my heart, that everything happens for a reason, even if it seems to our ignorant eyes a calamity. Though I would not wish such a thing upon anyone, I am glad that we do not face it alone."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

The instant the interferance is gone, Whisper attempts to form telepathic links to everyone present, including Eve, and those still waiting in the other room. The resumption of her mental senses was such a relief that it was all she could do not to sigh contentedly.

"Whisper will do for now," she decides. "None of my old names would mean anything here. May as well start fresh." She briskly disrobes and dresses in the clothes provided; nondescript jeans and shirt, but somehow she managed to look good even in those.

"Now, I've got a few questions that are just for me. As I understood the lecture, nothing I can do...with the exception of using proscribed tools and technology, will actually trigger this ban's punishments, yes?"

She kept quiet on the other notion she had. No need to show all her cards just yet. She hadn't felt dizzy though, despite Eve's prediction. And she'd never heard of 'novas' before. Whatever a nova was, Whisper was becoming more and more certain she wasn't one. She wasn't sure if that was important or not. Yet.

Quote:
"Now, I've got a few questions that are just for me. As I understood the lecture, nothing I can do...with the exception of using proscribed tools and technology, will actually trigger this ban's punishments, yes?"

Eve looks at whisper with a slight grin.

"No. When we analysed the three of you, you were without any immediate offending powers. You would really need to go out of your way to make trouble with Ba'laan.Making trouble with everyone else however is well without your means."

After a short giggle, Eve and Whisper are probably outside in the hallway to meet the other three men.

Rama is content to allow Chronos to lead, as he looks about him with the wonder of the newly awakened. He's not entirely sure what to make of it all but neither is he fighting the revelations as they wash over him, one after another. His family, gone. His accomplishments, meaningless. Everything he had ever known, completely transformed. Such is as it has always been, the Great Wheel turns and the Ages of Man pass into memory...

There is grief, to be certain.

The mourning for what is lost.

But Rama does not allow despair to overcome him. He fingers a gold pendant about his neck...a small blade signifying the cutting of karma. He welcomes the sadness as proof of his humanity even as he allows the cords of attachement to his previous life to be severed. In their place he feels the void of opportunity, and begins to fill that void with his desire to learn. This is a great gift and a new destiny awaits discovery in this waking dream realm.

As the trio is entering the hallway, he turns to the doctor and asks,

<!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"So there are only a few Novas left? That was not the legacy I had wished for us. I had hoped we would embrace our differences and inherit the stars." <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
As she and Eve return to the others, Whisper asks Eve in a casual, friendly, chitchatting way, "So Eve, what do they have you doing around here? What's your super power?"

She waves to the guys as they re-enter.

Eve returns to near Chronos' side as Whisper and her meet the three men. She turns softly to get back face to face with Whisper to answer with a nodding grin to the others.

"I am a nurse here as well as assistant surgeon when the time comes for it. But in all I am the resident information analyst. I guess you could say my superpower is patience and self-control."

A short small giggle escapes Eve as she speaks the last sentence.

"Not everyone you see here is a nova, or rather, not everyone here has any powers to speak of. Noting that here you need not be Nova to have gifts or talents."

Quote:
A short small giggle escapes Eve as she speaks the last sentence.
"Not everyone you see here is a nova, or rather, not everyone here has any powers to speak of. Noting that here you need not be Nova to have gifts or talents."
Richard frowns, thinking that over for a moment before speaking. "How, then, are we supposed to tell the difference between the novas, and the not-novas-with-superpowers? Hell, how are we supposed to tell what we are? Or you?"

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=346:date=Jul 11 2006, 05&#58;17 PM:name=Eve)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Eve &#064; Jul 11 2006, 05&#58;17 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->A short small giggle escapes Eve as she speaks the last sentence.
Richard frowns, thinking that over for a moment before speaking. "How, then, are we supposed to tell the difference between the novas, and the not-novas-with-superpowers? Hell, how are we supposed to tell what we are? Or you?" <!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

"Well, frankly.." Eve begins as she walks with Chronos, no doubt to a viewing window some few minutes walk away.

"..The term 'nova' was coined on earth for terran, or human, quantum-charged individuals. This line being the true one from which all other lines came from has only a limited number of Nova's left but there are myriads and myriads of beings out there that either are born with 'superpowers' or have been trained to use them. We dont have a term for those that have them because for the most part, its a normal part of life and not very unusual at all to see those that can force their will on the fabric that makes reality as easily as you Nova's do."

Some yards have been crossed now and the hallway turns.

"Terms were given to human powered individuals because they were relatively rare at one time."

Quote:
"Well, frankly.." Eve begins as she walks with Chronos, no doubt to a viewing window some few minutes walk away.

"..The term 'nova' was coined on earth for terran, or human, quantum-charged individuals. This line being the true one from which all other lines came from has only a limited number of Nova's left but there are myriads and myriads of beings out there that either are born with 'superpowers' or have been trained to use them. We dont have a term for those that have them because for the most part, its a normal part of life and not very unusual at all to see those that can force their will on the fabric that makes reality as easily as you Nova's do."

Some yards have been crossed now and the hallway turns.

"Terms were given to human powered individuals because they were relatively rare at one time."

Rama seems surprised at this news. <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"So then you are a society of supernal beings? Is it to the point that we are just ordianry people going about our lives or do you still see the polarization of heroes and mercenaries that was so common on Earth?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> Rama takes note of the responses of both his thaw-mates and their hosts...

"I'm not sure I understand," Whisper adds quietly. "On the one hand, the doctor here was telling us about some kind of evil overlord, enforcing his will on the universe...stopping people from doing just about anything. Now you're saying that the universe is full of superhumanly powerful beings. Even if we accept that not ALL of those beings violate this 'ban,' surely SOME of them would."

"It seems kind of contradictory, is what I'm getting at. You're all repressed, yet you're all possessed of inhuman powers."

Quote:
As the trio is entering the hallway, he turns to the doctor and asks,

<!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"So there are only a few Novas left? That was not the legacy I had wished for us. I had hoped we would embrace our differences and inherit the stars." <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
Chronos responds,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->"Well in these parts it was a never an issue since novas never existed in the first place. In the grand scale of things novas are pretty much an aberration."

"If you mean how did things work out back home, I don't think the war ever happened."

"Mind you, mostly that's not good news. On my personal timeline the Japanese mafia tried to refight world war two with the correct ending. They made a deal with another group from the future and started killing everyone else's important novas. The idea was that they'd have most of the novas in the nova age and become the next superpower. They killed about 25% of the world's nova population before they were stopped, and mostly they took out the ones they wanted. The powerful and smart were targeted in a big way. I survived because the time lord running the show knew historically I would."

"After that it sort of goes down hill, but perhaps with a nicer ending. The time quake means the Ban finally took notice of novas in a big way, and the reality police got involved in a big way. That's rough news not only for my earth but for all the other ones close to it as well. It's ancient history and you should ask Alison for details, but basically it got really bad but they came to some kind of treaty. I'm not going to be going back there anytime soon, maybe anytime at all, because I don't think I'd live with the reality police thereabouts."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
Rama seems surprised at this news. <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"So then you are a society of supernal beings? Is it to the point that we are just ordinary people going about our lives or do you still see the polarization of heroes and mercenaries that was so common on Earth?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> Rama takes note of the responses of both his thaw-mates and their hosts...
Quote:
"I'm not sure I understand," Whisper adds quietly. "On the one hand, the doctor here was telling us about some kind of evil overlord, enforcing his will on the universe...stopping people from doing just about anything. Now you're saying that the universe is full of superhumanly powerful beings. Even if we accept that not ALL of those beings violate this 'ban,' surely SOME of them would."

"It seems kind of contradictory, is what I'm getting at. You're all repressed, yet you're all possessed of inhuman powers."
Doc responds,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?You are throwing the word all about there much too easily. Part of what is shaping Eve?s statement is that there are other ways to acquire power other than being a nova, but another part is there isn?t much room at the top of the mountain so the people who do live there tend to know each other. We are a society of supernatural beings. However we doesn?t include the general mass of humanity. Most people here are baselines, not mages.?

?Also the scale of things have changed a lot. There are other people more different than ourselves, call them aliens with alien technology, call them from another dimension, or whatever. Say the local people take serious offense at my time clinic, or the local mages, decide to run us out of town, we could find another planet even on this timeline to take us in without too much of a problem. We aren?t stuck here like two fighting fish in the same fishbowl, it?s a big multi-verse.?

?And then we have the Ban. Keep in mind Big and Bad has lots of things to do and worlds to oppress. Avoiding the Ban?s direct focus is pretty easy, especially on a timeline like this where it doesn?t hold full sway? yet. This was the world and timeline we chose to run to, you?d expect it to be pretty good. What I described was it?s worse case? but as novas we are more likely to run into that or have it run into us than most. Especially if you have a ban breaking natural power.?

?On a timeline where the Ban is fully up, in control, and has been for centuries, that?s where you?re going to see it in it?s full glory. And that?s what big and bad is working towards for everyone, everywhere, and everywhen. He just has quite a way to go yet.?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Rama acknowledges the women in the hallway with a simple nod while he listens to Chronos elaborate on their situation. When there is a suitable pause he asks,

<!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"So given all that you have said; that you are at war with a powerful extra-dimensional force; that you have already "lost ground" and are on the defensive. What are you planning to do? How does one combat such an ephemeral foe, on infinite fronts? Your demeanor suggests that you have some sort of plan, or have an edge you haven't yet revealed. Perhaps, this is why we have been revived?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?You are throwing the word all about there much too easily. Part of what is shaping Eve?s statement is that there are other ways to acquire power other than being a nova, but another part is there isn?t much room at the top of the mountain so the people who do live there tend to know each other. We are a society of supernatural beings. However we doesn?t include the general mass of humanity. Most people here are baselines, not mages.?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
Richard follows along with most of the stuff about the Ban and the war, before tangeting back to his main question. "I get that there are lots of different 'super-power' beings, whether they're novas, mages, or something else entirely. I just want to know, is there some way we can tell the difference between them in a hurry? I mean, if there's all kinds of the resistance front, then it sounds like there would be all kinds in the Big Bad's forces as well, and knowing what approach works best against a mage compared to a nova would be rather handy, right?"

He also glances at Rama. "From the sounds of things, I should be glad that my world never developed novas on their own, right? Civil war and such follows?"

Quote:
He also glances at Rama. "From the sounds of things, I should be glad that my world never developed novas on their own, right? Civil war and such follows?"

Rama shakes his head.

<!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro--> "Not necessarily. It is true that baseline fear and nova arrogance drives a wedge between us. However I believed that if Novas took responsibility for policing our own, and contributed to the advancement of humanity, they would come to trust us. Given enough time, the rest of humanity would evolve to be us anyway. The Utopia Project actually had great success in fostering this trust, but on my world was severely crippled by a shadow organization within it. They saw that in a world at peace, there would be no place for them, and so in their fear and hatred struck out at those who would embrace the dawn of a new era. Perhaps other realities were more successful in their transition."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
Rama acknowledges the women in the hallway with a simple nod while he listens to Chronos elaborate on their situation. When there is a suitable pause he asks,

<!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"So given all that you have said; that you are at war with a powerful extra-dimensional force; that you have already "lost ground" and are on the defensive. What are you planning to do? How does one combat such an ephemeral foe, on infinite fronts? Your demeanor suggests that you have some sort of plan, or have an edge you haven't yet revealed. Perhaps, this is why we have been revived?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
Chronos gives a knowing smile and responds,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?Yes and no. No I didn?t know about you until after we decided to thaw you out. I didn?t even know you were paranormals?. but? well? ?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> Doc looks a little embarrassed. <!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?Lady luck follows me around. The leader of the plot to kill all enhanced intelligent novas knows I?m going to affect her past so she has to leave me a future. 20 minutes after I get brain damaged a really top of the line healer shows up and joins our side. Eve and I hit it off?? <!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--> Doc smiles at Eve. <!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?I could go on and on. I can?t play cards, it always looks like I?m cheating. And most recently, just as we are considering moving to the next phase three paranormals wake up.?

?To address your other question, I?ll say this: Most revolutions are things of chaos, the leaders start the ball rolling and sort of hope it goes down hill in a good way. We?ve been smart enough or perhaps weak enough to realize we?ll only have one shot at this so we need to follow a much better plan than chance. I?ve been studying this for years. I know where we are, I know where we want to go, and I think I know how to get from one place to the other. I think it can be done ? but that is enough for now.?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
Richard follows along with most of the stuff about the Ban and the war, before tangeting back to his main question. "I get that there are lots of different 'super-power' beings, whether they're novas, mages, or something else entirely. I just want to know, is there some way we can tell the difference between them in a hurry? I mean, if there's all kinds of the resistance front, then it sounds like there would be all kinds in the Big Bad's forces as well, and knowing what approach works best against a mage compared to a nova would be rather handy, right?"
<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?This is the point where a real Zen type would smile and say something about there being no set rules in combat, and he would be right, sort of. In general most paranormals tend to fall into camps, or schools, or races, or whatever you want to call them. We have extensive files, and usually those files are right. For example Big and Bad?s minions are well documented (see that thread). I?d be more than happy to direct you to them and/or answer questions or direct you to Smite who has done much the same sort of research. It?s a good place to start, but lots of people, just like us, are either aberrations or deliberately try to change the rules.?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
<!--quoteo(post=392:date=Jul 16 2006, 01&#58;16 PM:name=Jedi Richard Thorne)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jedi Richard Thorne &#064; Jul 16 2006, 01&#58;16 PM) </div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->He also glances at Rama. "From the sounds of things, I should be glad that my world never developed novas on their own, right? Civil war and such follows?"
Rama shakes his head.

<!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro--> "Not necessarily. It is true that baseline fear and nova arrogance drives a wedge between us. However I believed that if Novas took responsibility for policing our own, and contributed to the advancement of humanity, they would come to trust us. Given enough time, the rest of humanity would evolve to be us anyway. The Utopia Project actually had great success in fostering this trust, but on my world was severely crippled by a shadow organization within it. They saw that in a world at peace, there would be no place for them, and so in their fear and hatred struck out at those who would embrace the dawn of a new era. Perhaps other realities were more successful in their transition."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->Doc looks impressed,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?Very good. Spot on the money in my opinion. That is exactly what I was working towards when various things interfered.?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Quote:
<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?This is the point where a real Zen type would smile and say something about there being no set rules in combat, and he would be right, sort of. In general most paranormals tend to fall into camps, or schools, or races, or whatever you want to call them. We have extensive files, and usually those files are right. For example Big and Bad?s minions are well documented (see that thread). I?d be more than happy to direct you to them and/or answer questions or direct you to Smite who has done much the same sort of research. It?s a good place to start, but lots of people, just like us, are either aberrations or deliberately try to change the rules.?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->
"Ah, but the differences are documented, and can be picked up on with study. I think I will find this Smite person and talk to them about it." He smiles and gives a little nod of the head to Chronos.

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Doc looks impressed,

<!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?Very good. Spot on the money in my opinion. That is exactly what I was working towards when various things interfered.?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd--> Chuckling, Richard looks up at the stars. "Somehow, I'm not surprised that worlds with super-heroes ended up going up in flames. Envy and Greed seem to be the biggest of humanity's failings, and I'd wager it holds true for the formerly-human such as ourselves, as well."

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec--><!--coloro:#3333FF--><span style="color:#3333FF"><!--/coloro-->?To address your other question, I?ll say this: Most revolutions are things of chaos, the leaders start the ball rolling and sort of hope it goes down hill in a good way. We?ve been smart enough or perhaps weak enough to realize we?ll only have one shot at this so we need to follow a much better plan than chance. I?ve been studying this for years. I know where we are, I know where we want to go, and I think I know how to get from one place to the other. I think it can be done ? but that is enough for now.?<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Rama nods. <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"So what then comes next?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

<!--quoteo--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->Chuckling, Richard looks up at the stars. "Somehow, I'm not surprised that worlds with super-heroes ended up going up in flames. Envy and Greed seem to be the biggest of humanity's failings, and I'd wager it holds true for the formerly-human such as ourselves, as well."<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Rama takes a sharp inhale when the view of Paril comes into view. <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"My God."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

At Richards comment he looks over to the robed man and replies, <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"All the more important for us to be circumspect in our applications of power."<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Realizing that Whisper has been uncharacteristicly quiet for some time he asks her indigo eyes. <!--coloro:#3366FF--><span style="color:#3366FF"><!--/coloro-->"And what do you make of all this? I can tell you enjoy playing coy, though at this point it is clear you are one of the gifted. What can you tell us of your home-world?"<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

Archived