Aberrant: Ba'alt - Re: Openings: Debt Collection

Narrator

Krant watches Smite remove his excessive gear and weapons with a sly grin. The crowds nearby begin walking a bit faster to give the pair a wide berth. Dalia grabs Smite and turns him to face her. Her hand grabs Smites as if to give it a polite ?good-luck? kiss but as the Smites hand gets close to her face he cant help to feel as if his adrenaline levels were just peaked. He feels almost electric with a new level of quantum coursing through his body.

Then both Kara (because of the Rapport) and Smite hear telepathically; ?Krant has primally charged his normal body m?lord and you might not be able to stand to him. This might help you and will only help you if you begin to lose.?

Then a small kiss on the cheek of Smite and Dalia trots off to a nearby fountain and hops up on the edge for a better view over the gathering crowd.

The wrestling pair gather and pace around each other a few turns then Krant leaps at Smite; it is then at that moment that Smite realizes this man is not akin to many he has ever fought before.

Oh sure, Smite is able to deftly (and luckily) throw the mans hold off the first time, but the terran assassin notes his strength and speed is greater than his own. The next attempted hold only confirms to Smite that the primals ability is actually growing but again it seems as luck allows Smite to thwart the hold as her literally throws the giant man nearly 10 meters away in escaping the endgame hold.

Then Smite decides to take the initiative and attempt to wipe the smug grin off the giants face. The pair clash in the middle of the courtyard and Smite is exerting enough strength to throw a 10 ton truck but the giants hold remains unbroken. They are both locked on a face to face arm lock in which both are trying to twist the others hold and get the upper hand from behind. Right now the only thing allowing Smite to counter the giants every move seems to be his advantage of skill and this hold stays for a few moments as both men lock; neither can afford to shift position in fear of giving the other an advantage.

Then Smite drops to the ground in an attempt to get into a position to throw Krant off him and recount is next move. The move would have worked if not for Krants growing strength and speed and Smite find him self nearly pinned on his side with one of his arms under his own body and the other locked in a hold by Krant. The only thing Smite is able to do is keep himself from being rolled over onto his face. At least its not to the death.

Then as it seems that the crowd is about to reach the 10 count in Smite being immobilized, the earthling somehow manages to wrestle his pinned arm free and break the hold of one of the primals arms on his own. The same swift move allows Smite to twist the arm behind the giant and force the giants other hand off his own. It is then that Smite, with both hand free, is able to grab the primals head and neck and subsequently pin the mans arm behind him. Krant tries in futility as he lies atop the earth assassin to roll off of Smite and thus into a better position. He kicks to his rear trying to hit Smites legs and cause some agony but his legs simply pound the earth. Smite has placed himself in a very good position. The move was designed to bring a hostage to cover his body and offer some defense to gunfire, something he learned and rarely if ever had to use in practice in any of his career. Again though, Smite is not sure if it was simply luck or his own skill and dexterity that allowed him to shift his apparent defeat into victory. And this last thought as the crowd hesitantly gets to the ten count and cheers half heartedly.

As the pair stand the claps sound out and Krant is not smiling any longer. He fought a fair fight although using a form of energy that should have allowed him to overshadow Smites talent at any level. It was a fight that Smite is glad was only ?for fun.?

?Well done Lord Thomas of the Free states. You, like the rest of your kind are full of surprises.? He offers his hand in a gesture of a well fought match.

As the pair brush dirt and grass off of their faces and body, Dalia can be seen exiting the courtyard.

?Lord Thomas, I promised an extra gift if you won and far be it from me to shirk it again.? Krant is now holding a small black orb. Not surprising as the dark wielders are here, their favoring orbs as gifts of power seems to be infectious. He offers it to Smite.

?Keep this on your person and it will impart unto you a certain talent of finding what you seek, especially if it be ?nova.? I admit now that the orb seems to have a will of its own and thus my reason for asking that you keep it on you for a time. It will then allow your personality to grow on it and eventually should impart its gift of power upon you.?

He bows deeply.

?Well met my friend, well met indeed.?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Quote:
Then both Kara (because of the Rapport) and Smite hear telepathically; ?Krant has primally charged his normal body m?lord and you might not be able to stand to him. This might help you and will only help you if you begin to lose.?

-------

?Well done Lord Thomas of the Free states. You, like the rest of your kind are full of surprises.? He offers his hand in a gesture of a well fought match.

As the pair brush dirt and grass off of their faces and body, Dalia can be seen exiting the courtyard.

?Lord Thomas, I promised an extra gift if you won and far be it from me to shirk it again.? Krant is now holding a small black orb. Not surprising as the dark wielders are here, their favoring orbs as gifts of power seems to be infectious. He offers it to Smite.

?Keep this on your person and it will impart unto you a certain talent of finding what you seek, especially if it be ?nova.? I admit now that the orb seems to have a will of its own and thus my reason for asking that you keep it on you for a time. It will then allow your personality to grow on it and eventually should impart its gift of power upon you.?

He bows deeply.

?Well met my friend, well met indeed.?

Responding mentally. "Many thanks, I'll no doubt need it in the coming fray. "

Once the battle had ended, suprisingly enough in his favor. He had not realized the shear advantage that primal energy can offer one wielding it. He would have to discover a counter to this, as it might be a problem in the future.

He bowed deeply in return.

"As to you, it could have easily gone the other way. "

"I shouldn't have been able to win that. He had an Ace and if I hadn't been granted some great boon of luck I'd be mangled. Dalia was likely responsible for that, though I don't know why. I'd run after her to thank her but I suspect she can hear me now and doing so would only underline her aid.

Well I have gotten what I came for, and since I don't think this will be a superhealthy place to be when my lord decides to vent his disappointment. Shall we go?"

Narrative Closed

Smite, Kara and Jack make it without incident to a Navigator Beacon where tey can negotiate a ride back to Paril. The cost is exorbiant, in Paril monies, but the trip only takes a few hours; the trip to find the navigator beacon took much longer and the trio was hiking for over 4 days. They all return to Paril about a week after they left.

Archived