Aberrant: Ba'alt - Re: Openings: Debt Collection

Narrator

Planet Paril

Team Shelter, city of Prent

Wednesday 1300; Marsenth (March) 498 CY

Herein will be posted the narrative regarding Smite and his travel to the Hynakyan existence. There the plan is simply for him to redo the contest of dexterity and then regain his favor from te primal there that is trying to back out of the deal.

It's up to Smite to detail the deal that was broken as no one was with him when the original contest took place in the World Serpent Inn. If he does not say anything, who ever goes is basically going simply to be there out of trust in Smite and to lend a hand should things go wrong. Smites gut says something is going to go wrong.

This particualr narrative takes place approximately 3 months after the breaking of the siege, so this topic is not open for Jedi Richard or Rama bbut all others are welsome to come along as Smite gave an open invite.

When it is time to leave, a quickling from the World Serpent Inn arrives seeming from nowhere. He is dressed in what looks like leather armor but snug fitting and only has a tiny dagger at his side.The 18" man (yes, inches) speaks in a lightly high pitched and very rapid tone to Smite.

"Are you prepared to depart and are there any others soming with you? I am not in a hurry particularily but I cannot stay away form the Inn too long for fear of being tracked. SO if you are going to be longer than fwe more minutes in getting everyone together I must beg your pardon and I will return in about an hour of your time."

<!--coloro:#339999--><span style="color:#339999"><!--/coloro-->Anyone else present can speak up their interest in going along, so far it's Jack, Kara and Smite. Let Smite open please.<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc-->

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

[ooc: Sorry all, moving makes me crazy,]

Smite arrives at the designated time with those who are coming with him. He knew that this would need to be discrete, so speed was of the essence.

"I believe that we will all be arriving in short order. So that should not be a problem. "

World Serpent Inn

no time, nowhere.

The quickling guides you three to a back room of your building. Once he examines a few doors, some to broom closets and some to clinic's, he settles on one that leads to a service area for the elevators.

"Here we are."

He opens the door and fog wafts out. He turns and looks at the three of you and then walks in. The path is a familiar one, identical to the one you walked coming from the Goddesses World. It leads to another door in about a hundred yards which you all pass though to follow the wee man.

The Inn is oddly quiet tonight and strikingly empty compared to the last visits. There are probably only 150 people in here total tonight, significantly less than the thousand plus normally occupying the residence. Once you are over the balcony and down the stairs in the main room you note that Gunthor (the barkeep) is even sitting down at a table near the bar. He glances up with a great smile to you all but lingers and Kara with a tip of his imaginary hat.

The quickling never stops but leads you across the main room to another door.

"This is where we enter Hynakyan Prime. It is an entirely separate and distinct existence from where you were. The physicals are the same though so you don?t have to worry about your pants falling off and your eyes burning out of your head or anything like that. But Khayn is in charge here and he is generally not a happy man.?

He looks at Kara. ?You need to stay away from any of the Dark wielders there, they and your people are not setting lightly.?

?And Smite, Thomas sir. Please don?t start any wars there. Most will not back down your hard stares here. I cant let you back through if there are any instigations and you will need to find your own way though one of the three wormholes that Khayn controls. Lets say it will take you quite awhile for sure.?

He opens the door and turns around. ?We all ready??

Kara, Jack and Smite..please post before I resume..

[ack, sorry. blanked on this thread.]

Jack shows up, sharply dressed in a simple black business suit. It's of local make, but the design is basic enough that it doesn't really look to come from a particular place, time, or style. His entry is characteristic - an eye-bending distortion abruptly forming in the air and reforming into the same old rail-thin, green-eyed Jack. He seems a little more steady than before, and his posture is a good bit straighter.

He makes no comment to the little runner, just following into the Inn (though he does bring his higher senses to bear on the gate and the path, filing away what he reads from them for future reference). Now, standing a little ways away from a door to the reality called Hynakyan Prime, he nods assent.

Another murder spree completely derailed by potential consequences. Well, there goes plan B. O well, I guess I'll have to play it by ear if things go badily

"It would seem so. "

Smite will wait for the other two to get ready, then he will enter through the door.

Kara follows the little ?zephyr? as he leads the way into the World Serpent Inn. As she is walking through the fog, she is dressed in a black cotton mid-rift shirt with the word GUESS embroidered with rhinestones across her chest, Lucky Brand low rise jeans and she is wearing some black Steve Madden high heel shoes. There are no visible weapons being displayed as she follows the group though the Pub.

Kara is shocked to see how empty the Pub is. Gunther can read her look of shock as they exchange glances. Gunther?s look reminds her that she and the group are headed to one of the pits of Hell. She thought twice about going fearing that her presence may disrupt the contest but she was the only one in the group other than Eve that has been to the Harnakyan universe, realm of the dark wielders. Thinking about where she is headed, Kara changes her clothes from the casual clothes to those for battle. She puts on her cobalt armor and boots. The skin tight armor leaves very little to the imagination of how impeccable her shapely toned body is. She then adds on a lien corset and leggings for added protection. She displays a sword sheathed on her left side and a high powered Gloc pistol holstered on her right. She performs the change of clothes in stride almost instantaneously.

?To what planet are we headed,? Kara asks the little one.

Waiting for the response, Kara starts to enhance her body for the worst case scenario. The stories of her family may catch up with her for her father was the slayer of Kayne?s Champion (his son Mordred) eons ago but she is sure the wounds and resentment are still there. But she needs to go. Her team needs her and she is the only one that has been her before. It was a tough but necessary decision.

To change her mood from sure annihilation she playfully teases Jack and asks, ?Does the real you ever go anywhere or do you prefer to just send clones of yourself??

Jack focuses on Kara kind of vaguely at first, his higher senses still cataloging everything he observes. He gradually becomes more 'present,' however, as he farms out that observation to his supernal minds.

"In the sense you mean ... no. The native version of myself does not leave Prent. However, I am as 'real' as he is - I am native to a loop timestream recently and very briefly off-shot from this timestream. In every sense, I am the same person that you met some months ago."

?Wow!! That is very interesting,? Kara says as she looks at the burning quantum from Jack?s clone. She smiles back at Jack and says, ?You might want to look into making quantum battery packs for each clone. That way there is no constant draw on the real you. When we get back to base, I can give you some schematics for a similar battery that was developed long ago by Pax Con?s allies. They used a more ?mystical? technique but it was quite effective.?

Smite considered the two companions that had followed him to this place. He did not know Jack half as well as he would like and even his time with Kara had been far more brief that he would have prefered. However this should give them a chance to firm up the working bonds.

"Well, I guess we best be going. Wouldn't want to keep Duke Pain in ass waiting for my high stake darts game. "

The wee one steps into the fog beyond the door posts.

"Please stay close when we exit the last door coming up. I can lessen the effects of the new natural laws crashing in on you. Kara, perhaps you to can see to it that no ill affects come upon your friends? Just nausea and vomiting perhaps and rarely unconsciousness or coma. But I have not seen that in years, not since the SIdhe were here and I led a small group of Deronans to thier world."

The wee man carries a few more seconds in talks about unknown places in unknown lands until he gets to the last door with you. As he opens is he says;

"I am only going to remain for about 10 minutes until I am sure of your adjustments. So if possible, please be quiet and dont bring attention to yourselves."

On the other side the group finds themselves in a beautiful park-like area. Green grass is underfoot and the sounds of a stream some distance away. There are many trees and the visibility is reduced to no more than perhaps a hundred yards. Rolling hills are in every direction.

Birds are seen overhead and the sky is a blue-green underneat the twin suns that cast two shadows on the ground on opposite sides of each other. Determining direction will be difficult by cosmological means but the wee man quickly says;

"The lesser sun is used for navigation here. It rises in the east. You only have about 3 hours every day until the second sun rises and messes everything up. Your daylight hours here are longer and nights are shorter, so take that into mind. Your man is about a day and a half's walk that way."

He points to what you would call North.

{{Jack needs to sit down, his dizziness is nearly overwhelming but with Kara's help it will pass instantaneously. If she does not help, it will pass in 3-4 minutes. Smite is a little disoriented but can deal with it for the 4-5 minutes or until Kara touches him.}}

"Before you go, are there any rules of conduct we should be aware of? Any powers that specifically forbidden to be used within the city or acts that would cause great offense?

And if I were to carry my companions, would I be able to fly us there?"

Quote:
"Before you go, are there any rules of conduct we should be aware of? Any powers that specifically forbidden to be used within the city or acts that would cause great offense?

And if I were to carry my companions, would I be able to fly us there?"

"The ban is still in effect here, but much more intensely, so dont even think of offending it." The wee man grins.

"If you can fly normally, you can still fly, so yes."

"Alright, that should drop our little trek to something under an hour. If anyone else has any questions, I'd suggest asking now. I have no doubt our guide would like to be on his way and I doubt anyone in the city will be quite as forth comming. "

While he waits for the others, he starts to think about the competition. As much as he might jest, this had consequences that are far reaching enough in any event. He could shave their travel to nothing, and it would give them time to get a feel for the room and let the others get in contact with this Golden man's novas.

Kara smiles slightly, "I have been in this existence before. The thing to remember is that this existence thrives on battle. Its inhabitants have little knowledge of peace and warfare is heavily promoted. Flying to the location of the diety may give rise to target practise. Walking, although takes a lot longer, may give you a greater perspective of how other existences live." She then steps down to the wee-man, "What is the technology level of this planet and area? Would you happen to have a map and knowledge of recent events?"

"No map here Kara, I am sorry. And as far as recent events, well this place is in turmoil but no wars have hitten this continent in over 3 months. Thats good and bad. And as far as the technological levels here, well they fight with swords for the most part but laser fire is not unheard of. Some might have white-globe technology."

Quote:
"Good to know. What faction is in control here? And can you provide us with travelling documentation so we don't incite a war? Oh another things, do these landmines or magic mines here?"

"Sorry beautiful, this area is safe unless you see someeone shooting at you. Other than that, your on your own. I shouldnt be here in the first place but Krent is expecting you anyhow. Let him wonder how you got here."

With that the wee man begins to step away and fade into nothing and return whence he came.

"If safety or subtlety is a concern, it would be possible for me to move us into shallow supernal space, so that we could travel parallel to this world, without interacting with the populace. We have determined that the Unlife incident of last year was merely an isolated event - it is not a concern for this."

"So the suprnal space is your own pocket dimension that mirrors whatever world that you go to? Or can the dangers of this world also be reflected in the supernal space?"

As Kara asks Jack about his supernal space, she produces a data organizer and starts filing through her list of Dieties (she is attempting to use Primal Lore to see what is known of Krent).

Quote:
"So the suprnal space is your own pocket dimension that mirrors whatever world that you go to? Or can the dangers of this world also be reflected in the supernal space?"

As Kara asks Jack about his supernal space, she produces a data organizer and starts filing through her list of Dieties (she is attempting to use Primal Lore to see what is known of Krent).

Once everyone has their information they will march through the desert (or through jack representation of the desert). Smite has little trouble matching their pace, as he had been interacting with his men for quite sometime.

"While the idea of showing this lord in his realm has an appeal for me it is not the only reason for doing this. This will increase our overall profile amongst the populace, feeding the legend as it were, without making it seem to contrived.

Also it gives us a chance to make contact with a group of Novas that have been sprouting up. Apparently someone known as the 'Golden Man' has been making novas in the region and they are making their presence felt. We need to see if we can recruit this man, and his 'children' or at least get them to open relations with us. So who wants contact duty, as I'll be in the city drawing attention away from you two."

Quote:
Also it gives us a chance to make contact with a group of Novas that have been sprouting up. Apparently someone known as the 'Golden Man' has been making novas in the region and they are making their presence felt. We need to see if we can recruit this man, and his 'children' or at least get them to open relations with us. So who wants contact duty, as I'll be in the city drawing attention away from you two."

Kara walks through Jack's supernal space still studying her PDA looking for information on the Diety Krent. Assuming that the PDA is working she continues looking intently at it. She tells Smite, "I am here primarily to watch your back but I will take a look to see if I can make contact with the Golden Man."

Quote:
From my gathering, Jack and Kara are in Supernal Space and Smite is walking in real space across the grassy rolling hills.

Is this correct?

If Kara is in Supernal Space and Smite is in real space, Kara will attempt to communicate with Smite telepathically but be verbalizing the message as if he was right next to her.

[ooc: I think the problem is mostly due to my absence ... Smite said that he was traveling through either the real world or Jack's representation thereof, depending (presumably) on whether or not Jack actually did take him and Kara across.]

Kara inquired after the nature of supernal space, and Jack replied:

"It is entirely outside of the four common dimensions, or normal space. When we enter supernal space, we cross an edge of the current universe, retaining only enough of a relationship with the host universe to navigate. And to prevent us from becoming lost in supernal space ... we are not sure what would happen if we severed our connection to the host universe entirely."

[assuming that the trio did move into supernal space, as seems to be the case]

One at a time, Jack moves Kara and Smite just outside of the Hynakyan reality. All normal senses (sight, hearing, etc) become totally useless in the absence of light, air, and other conductive media, though Kara's metasenses (and any which Smite might happen to have) can be used normally to perceive both the three travelers and the reality that they are skimming the surface of.

Jack's senses are long since fully adapted to this kind of half-reality, and Kara presumably has no serious trouble adapting. If Smite has no appropriate higher senses, he is blind and deaf, but can be lead and directed by the others, or perhaps Kara can telepathically share her perception of things with him. Travel is essentially impossible for Smite, and probably too complex for Kara to manage at this time (just traveling is somewhat similar to a horrendously complicated d-jump), but Jack has no particular trouble ferrying them along.

Smite explains:

"Apparently someone known as the 'Golden Man' has been making novas in the region and they are making their presence felt. We need to see if we can recruit this man, and his 'children' or at least get them to open relations with us. So who wants contact duty, as I'll be in the city drawing attention away from you two."

Jack listens to Kara's response, then adds:

"I suppose that I could also participate in locating the Golden Man, particularly when you [Kara] are watching out for him [smite]. There is no particular danger in my traveling alone, since I am disposable. My experiences are constantly being uploaded via quantum paradox to my selves back in the Paril system ... if something goes wrong here, it will be no loss to the multiplicity."

Kara looks up from her PDA and addresses Jack physically and Smite telepathically, ?Kent is a relatively new player to the multi-verse of Primals; at least to the multi-universe of public Primals. So that means that little is known of him. We do not know his spheres of influence or alignment. His apparent favor of associating with ?Darkwielders? does not bode well to thinking that he is of the sphere of Good. We can assume that he is another miscreant bent on domination and self glory. You know, the kind of God that walks onto a planet and takes over their intelligence and military defenses and then seeks open devotion or else.?

When Jack mentions that he is disposable, Kara gives him a concerned look and says, ?No that will not work. We should stay together in case one of us becomes compromised the other two can take care of the situation. If you are alone and then kidnapped or worse would present too much of a risk to the rest of the group. No one knows of us being on Paril and if our position was compromised we would have to pull a ? we would have to leave yet again.?

Jack shrugs.

"If I am captured, I will gain as much information as possible, then self-terminate. Of course, that is unlikely to happen. We spent many years actively hunted by the Ban's creatures. During that time, we developed an extremely sophisticated portfolio of stealth and evasion abilities, as well as an precognitive sense for danger."

"Even in the face of the Ban and its creatures, we were never once captured, so we doubt that anything this particular reality has to offer will cause us lasting trouble, particularly with the multiplicity offering tactical analysis. However, it will be no problem to self-terminate, if necessary. I am disposable."

Kara tells Jack, "The problem is that you might not get the chance to self terminate and then all of you's would be infected and we might not even know it."

Kara looks up from her PDA and realizes how dark and ?unnatural? Jack?s Supernal space really is. She controls herself and prevents a gasp from escaping for not knowing what direction she is going. She gets closer to Jack and holds on to his arm slightly tighter as he leads the way. She searches all about looking for a point of reference and finds none. She starts to practice her training for surviving in the Void and quickly she eases her nerves (only Kara?s family members and close friends would have picked up on her nervousness). Jack is the only point of reference that she has and she makes sure to match his pace while she is holding on to him. She makes sure that all her movements seem natural and that she has no care in the world. She looks back to her PDA and starts looking for information about the planet that they are visiting.

"Hopefully we are in and out of this system. We can investigate making contact with the Golden One later; preferably on our terms and on our home court."

And the world goes dark, as if God decided light was a bad idea. Lacking the traditional EM radiation that he would rely on for sight and the sound that he would have otherwised used for position was shut off. Like space without stars, he was forced to rely on the others and his sense of touch to guide him.

But he had been trained to resist torture, including sensory dep. This was little different, and he was even able to move here. Driving his fingers into his palm, he used the discomfort to focus his mind.

I doubt this will be as quiet as we can hope for. Given the way Kent phrased his missive, he will likely be making quite the exhibition. And I thought we needed boost our overall presence, be spotted but not seen.

<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Supernal space is surely nothing to write home about save for its nearly complete assured safety from ambush. It is in there that the three of you walk and miss passing over the beautiful brook and stream filled with fish of various colors. The soft grass and earth underfoot is not felt as Jack drags the three of you along into and through a very small hamlet of less that 20 people.<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--> <!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->It is not for perhaps a three hour walk and exploration of the area where the small guide from the World Serpent says the festival should be, that Kara is able to sense what she believes is a primal pattern. <!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--><!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto-->The festival is indeed in place where Krent is likely expecting Smite. {{PM to Kara via her farsensing detections.}}<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec-->

<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--> <!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->Kara cannot sense structures or obstacles in Supernal Space so this is where Jack comes in. From his perspective the festival is taking place in some form of castle or palace nearly 2 miles away. It will need to be determined whether entry into the palace be has via supernal or regular space. Either way you have the medieval palace gates to get through but they are probably open allowing peasants to pass for the festival.<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc--><!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo--> <!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--coloro:#ff0000--><span style="color:#ff0000"><!--/coloro-->{{Please await Kara?s input as you come to a stop some 2 miles from the Palace grounds.}}<!--colorc--></span><!--/colorc--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

Kara continues to concentrate on allowing her senses search out for sentient thoughts. ?We must be in a medieval world for the thoughts surround farming and really mundane worries.? A few moments later, ?We must be close to where we are supposed to meet Krent. We are very close to a group of a hundred or so celebrating that there is a God in flesh nearby. They are aware of the presence but they are not allowed to speak of him otherwise there will be some dire consequences; painful consequences. There are at least a couple of Darkwielders in the vicinity so we must be careful. I do not sense a Primal in the area but that may be from the Supernal Space dampening my senses. Maybe we should change to more medieval attire. Jack can you detect a secluded area where we can change? Or if you prefer, let us out in the middle of the palace and we can join the party. I am sure that we will have surprise on our side.?

Jack shrugs, even though at least half of his audience can't see.

"I can do either. It depends on what kind of impression we want to make. This is your show, Smite ... how do you want to enter."

He pauses, then adds:

"Given that our reception may become hostile, it may be more tactically sound to approach from without the facility. Our more exotic talents might be best kept in reserve, against urgent need."

Quote:
"I agree with Jack. Your prowess in the contest will be enough to awe the audience. We do not want to show all our cards. Still, this is your show and your call Smite."

"And understated appearance from without would probably be for the best. Right now they underestimate us, and I would like to keep it that way. So a resonable distance away if you would. "

Once the group is out in real space, Kara mentally releases out a sigh. *That was an experience I hope not to repeat* she thinks to herself. She composes herself and produces out of her orb two outfits that should fit Smite and Jack. "Here guys, these clothes will make us a bit inconspicous for this area." The outfits are two true silk out fits in black. Kara herself almost instantaneously changes her outfit to a Midnight Blue True Silk blouse and Snow White true silk slacks. She wears some sandals to match her outfit.

"I'm alright. Thanks though."

The clothing seemed to flow and shift to resemble the clothing that Kara had picked out for him. The eufiber would form what he would need as well as conceal is array of concealed arms and other such tools. He was also fond of the extra boost or armor it could provide.

"I believe the term is dressed to kill."

<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto--><!--sizeo:3--><span style="font-size:12pt;line-height:100%"><!--/sizeo-->You three are able to change and converse without being seen thus keeping your storys intact, your approach toward the keep walls are not however. It is only after you walk perhaps a hundred yards out of the woods that you see a pair of horsemen trotting out toward you.<!--sizec--></span><!--/sizec--><!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto-->{{I am here assuming Jack is in Supernal Space and Smite and Kara are walking in the real world. I am also assuming that Kara is trying to be as inconspicuous as possible and thus activating Mrs. Nobody.Let me know otherwise..}}<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto-->Both of the riders appear non assuming and don?t seem to expect and trouble; no weapons are at the ready, etc.. Their words would normally be jibberish to Smite and Jack but you comprehend;<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto-->?Hail there. You must be some of the field workers, but we were told there were going to be about a dozen. Are you not from Gallens place??<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

<!--fonto:Times--><span style="font-family:Times"><!--/fonto-->The men approach to within about 5 yards and bring the horses aside the two of you. The men are also not taking an aggressive stance but seem to have mistake you for someone else..<!--fontc--></span><!--/fontc-->

Archived