Aberrant: New PBeM game...N-Day!

SkyLion

That's okay. I get the idea I'm playing Teen Titans while everyone else is playing Justice League. I'll just have to get used to being second (or third) fiddle to everyone else I might meet, which doesn't sound like too much fun, but at least I can enjoy my growth potential.

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bwahahaha ... Dude, I have one dot in Weather Manipulation and one dot in Mega-Int. I bought nothing tainted what-so-ever.

As I've said before, its not just your Nova Points, but how you spend them. I didn't spend to be effective. I spent for the concept I thought would make for an interesting N-Day nova and after seeing how others built their characters I'm realizing what is - is.

Originally Posted By: StormCross
That's okay. I get the idea I'm playing Teen Titans while everyone else is playing Justice League. I'll just have to get used to being second (or third) fiddle to everyone else I might meet, which doesn't sound like too much fun, but at least I can enjoy my growth potential.

Originally Posted By: StormCross
I spent for the concept I thought would make for an interesting N-Day nova and after seeing how others built their characters I'm realizing what is - is.

You're not alone in this boat. My character has one dot teleport and is otherwise very low key compared to some of the others here. That's just the concept I wanted to start the concept, and I'm looking forward towards building him up as time goes by.

My character is in the mid power range. I could have built for greater "efficiency" but went for concept as well. I hope you will all enjoy when you finally meet him. And rest assured we will meet and we will form a cohesive group..possibly even a gmail group that can post in digest form. Eventually there may be a way to transfer to the boards but right now that just isnt possible for the ST. And if he cant run it then there really is no game.

And he has been good about getting back to me within 48 hours or so.

Well, I bought some stuff tainted, but only to get the Jedi concept to work in the points allotted. My character is set up to actually be a Jedi which isn't really that powerful compared to others, but should be fun to rp whether he goes darkside or not.

I'm pretty sure mine is the only one that's really "powerful", and that's only in terms of brickishness. Lily's character, were she in the game, could trounce all over mine without raising a finger, just as an example. Also, I'm forgetting the character's name at the moment, but the CIA dude with Q-Imprint would only need to touch any of our characters and he'd be more or less equal to us in terms of overall power (up to 4 powers copied, all at up to 4 dots, with a single usage).

Like Stormcross said, it's all in how you spend the points, but it's also about how you use what you've spent those points on.

Sorry to see you go. I was kind of worried after I didnt get a response after my initial email. Since then it has been fairly active and Im enjoying myself. I hope to meet everyone else at some point, but it is cool because we get to decide what is going on. We can bee the T2M if we want. Or we can oppose it right off the bat. It will be interesting to see how this develops. Im guess I am gun ho with this.

Joe

Yo!

I got an email today from ST man. Apparently something happened at work where he has to be more on his toes. Its not related to the game but he doesnt want to risk being caught spending time attending to it at work, despite his previous assertions that he had tons of free time. Oh well. Moving on.

The gist is that the game is still on but he will only be able to do it at home. His inability to access the net proper from work (I think he is in the military) meant that he could only do forums from home in which gaming would compete with his family obligations. As anyone with a family can tell you, gaming is not going to win that one and rightly so.

To wick, the game SHALL continue and we are all still I trust, quite enthused. In light of him having to game from home anyways there is now the possibility of setting up a forum if it would interest the group. In light of recent unpleasentries here and simply because I like the interface a bit better, I would look into this at EON.

If possible Id like to set it up as a sub forum, where each of our characters has private sub sub forums for continuing the solo stuff and preserve the wide open feel of the PBeM game. When we want to post our private stuff as fics we copy it into a public thread. When we want to adventure together, the ST opens a topic. This also keeps the timeline intact if we desire it to.

This is all off the cuff. Im not sure what our Admin can do as far as all that but it worked for along time in Baalt.

I am open to other suggestions as well cuz some of you have more experience.

Originally Posted By: *Overload*
Originally Posted By: Joani Reikspar
I should be so lucky...

Does that mean your story has been really active lately??

To quote Star Wars - If the universe has a bright center, you are the farthest away here (or so, I just know it in german).

I read the initially N-Day report everyone got and a mail with questions about my next actions. Thats it. Nothing, unfortunately, because since I wrote a fiction which I sent him a few days ago, I've really grown into the character. Though interaction with other players would be even intense.

Your proposal to move to a forum is great. I second it, no matter where. I know EON but I don't have an account over there. Do you think our ST would make that move?

I'd prefer to do it here personally rather than switching back and forth between sites, but that's just me. I also think that RPG-Post is organized a bit better than EON.

The other stuff that has occurred in the 200x shouldn't have anything to do with this game, but I will understand if you really want to move.

I will say that since he switched from his military address to the one at home, the emails have stopped. I know he asked us to kind of stop till we recieve a message from him, probably so he can evaluate a story.

It might be worthwhile to switch to forum if he can only do it at home and everyone here is more comfortable with forums.

Hey everyone. My computer is borderline kaput. New hardrive instaled but still need to transfer all my files over. Thing keeps crashing though making me wonder if its a problem with the mother board. It still works intermittantly but can crash at any moment. I will do my best to keep up and can sometimes post from work. I may just need to pony up and get a new computer.

So if I am away for brief stetches that is why.

I feel your pain. I just rebuilt my computer last week and I still lack a lot of my regular programs. Worse, I've got an entire directory that I can't access any of the files in, because they had permissions set before, but when I wiped out the c-drive and reinstalled, the user that set the permissions no longer exists. Poof! An entire directory of docs now unaccessible.

Just so you know, windows xp has a program File and Transfer Wizard. That if you use it you can back up your documents and desktop the way it is now. I would do that. then wipe the existing hard drive. It has been my experience that often times it is a bad hard drive or windows has become corrupt.

Originally Posted By: *Overload*
Hey everyone. My computer is borderline kaput. New hardrive instaled but still need to transfer all my files over. Thing keeps crashing though making me wonder if its a problem with the mother board. It still works intermittantly but can crash at any moment. I will do my best to keep up and can sometimes post from work. I may just need to pony up and get a new computer.

So if I am away for brief stetches that is why.

I'll assume it is a windows machine. Go to the folder. open up the security tab. It will say you dont have permissions. click the advanced button. click the owner tab. Take ownwership of the file by selecting adminisrator and click okay out of everything. then rick click again on the root folder. select security tab, advanced. click the button for inherrit from parent directory and replace permissions on all child objects.

that should reset everything for you.

Archived