Aberrant: New PBeM game...N-Day!

SkyLion

Greetings all!

Our ST is running a PBeM game and we are looking for new players.

The game begins on N-Day and the players are among the first wave of Novas.

Serious Inquiries only please! If you are interested PM me or post up here and we will get you the ST's email...

Thanks!

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well it hasn't started yet. We are still in the process of recruitment and chargen. I can tell you that it starts NDay. We also will be playing through the STs version of Worldwide 1 and 2. Because so many people have those books however the ST is going to deviate from canon fairly early on so don't think you will know what to expect.

He also has some interesting house rules...too many to list but if you like I can give you his email and he can forward you al the relevant files. For example, in his universe, Eufiber is something many Novas create spontaneously at their eruption meaning Annibal Buendia is not the only source.

Im afraid I cant tell you too much more since I myself am fairly in the dark about what he plans. However the opportunity to be part of historical N-Day and play through the early years is a very cool notion.

I actually sent an email to the ST recently asking if we could have it on the boards. Gmail works, but has complications..like once you send it you cant edit it like a post, also if you PM in the thread one has to be careful of deleting any of the quoted text or it will string up potentially private information. Lastly you have to remember to send it to the right adress, you cant just hit reply.

Annnyways, given the track record of some of these games Id like to see it here myself, but its up to the ST ultimately. On that note neither Cottus nor myself have heard anything from him for a few days, so hopefully its still on.

As of Andrew Murphy's post he is the 9th person to express interest. If and when the ST resurfaces I will post here and see how many players he can suuport. For fairness it will be first responded to first served, although not everyone who has responded will necessarily be interested after recieving full details.

Heard back from the ST. He has had bad expereinces with forums in the past, "finding them difficult to navigate and log onto" he also cant log onto the internet proper at work which is where he does alot of his posting. I am trying to convince him , if for nothing else the fact that navigating through my inbox, let alone separate gmail threads is reeallly time consuming and a pain in the ass.

He does say that there is no cap on players with the email thing. If you guys want to support me in a petition to make the game forum based I think we can show him how easy it is to use and even better for organization. Show of hands please for votes for the forum. Also, even though we are on NPrime, who might be willing to play the game over at EON?

Also, lets use this thread to hash out our character stuff. Cottus is playing a dragon..yes a Nova who turned into a dragon permanently..perm growth, and no dorm.

I am taking dibs on the superman type. mega strong and tough, hyperflight and mega handsome. I am going with 3 dots in M Str and Toughness..i know Draco has M Str 5 but hopefully I dont get too overshadowed by all these new players. i couldnt afford m str and stam at 5 to begin with.

I'm still not sure what to do - there are two themes I'm interested in.

No.1 - Bodymorph (Fire) with Elemental Anima

or

No. 2 - Mega-Social Rockstarbackground with sonicpowers (somewhere along Strobe, Stun, Disorient maybe even Disrupt).

I can't decide - maybe you can give me some feedback?

what sounds the most rippin fun? And remember you are the first of your kind whatever you choose..so if you are the human torch you will be the iconic fire wielder every one will think of..I reccomend buying 5 dots in Influence to represent the media frenzy that is going to swarm the world with us as the first wave.

One character.

Elemental Mastery of Electricity

Linked Magnetic Manipulation

Linked Gravity Control

Its more of a primal force character. I will probably also take a dot in mega perception with the ability of Quantum Awareness and Mega Intelligence. That should round out my novaness.

Its laning toward not being a forum game. Apparently the ST has LOTS of free time at work to type stuff. When he gets home he has an hour of free time at most but also family and the usual responsibilities therein. Apparently he cant access the net proper at work but can write fantasy fiction emails all day if he wants to.

I have two ideas, both pre-existing N!Prim concepts adapted to fit.

First is Nathan Dayes, who is an intelligence analyst for an alphabet soup organization (FBI, CIA, NSA.) He erupts on N-Day when trying to analyse the influx of data on the newly erupted and gains the ability to copy other nova's powers via Quantum Imprint. Asides from Imprint, Nathan would have no other powers beyond possiby Quantum Leech, and (maybe) very low level mega-stats.

The other concept is Knockout, a film student at university who is rather unsure why he's turned into a super-strong, super-tough, super-gorgeous woman with the ability to fly, although there's plenty of amusing theories. This character would be ideally light on angst and large on humor (Jester nature, which doesn't get picked often enough.) I'm hesitant on this one because I'm not sure she'd fit tonally with the game. I reaize that Overload would have the 'Superman' archtype locked down, but Knockout would be closer to Captain Marvel, with the ability to switch from normal person to super-powered dynamo as the focus.

Any thoughts?

Overload - The ST hasn't responded to my e-mail yet, so if you don't mind, can I ask you: If we're starting on N-Day, will there be any guidelines concerning eruptions? Are we going to play them out? Should some of us already know each other?

Obviously Eufiber hasn't been invented yet, and Nova Allies are going to be hard to come by, any other restrictions involved?

Originally Posted By: Michael McGee
Any thoughts?

One not particularly useful thought - Great! I love both those characters! (Been lurking and reading N!Prime for months.)

I would favor Nathan Dayes for overall coolness, but ultimately, it would depend on the where the ST is taking this game - intrigue, or humor .

As I mentioned, The ST has what is turning out to be a firly whopping set of house rules and setting specifics. I am sure he will forward all of this to everyone in a giant packet but I'll quote from it to answer the questions since they came up:

Quote:
Your eruption story can be as grandiose as you like as long as you don't do something so severe that it would alter the course of history, but if you want to have taken out a block and a half of manhattan or razed all of wyoming's wheat, caused a tsunami off the coast of hawaii etc, well that's just drama. You could also have achieved enlightment on a mountain, it's all you.,,

Basically N-Day is yours, you could create 4 or five other characters and write about your interactions with them, did you stop a nova powered looting spree, did you have to fight off the national guard? there's no dice here, you guys can arbitrate how it all went down. In these first hours of a new world you can still do things you might not be able to do again for years or things you may never do again. So I leave it to you...

Quote:
Anibal Buendia is not the sole source of Eufiber. He is however the only commercially viable source of the hardware grade eufiber used in the coming OpNet and myriad other products.,,

Weapons and Nova grade Eufiber is something produced at the point of eruption by almost all novas. Most of it is unwittingly thrown away or flushed down a shower drain in the first days of the nova age.

The best way to describe it would be quatum infused body soil. From a God's Eye view this is what's happening:

At the point of Eruption a Nova's central nervous system goes through a dramatic change spontaneously generating millions of Faracytes(Sp?) throughout the entire body. Basically the entire body becomes a node, however in that intitial moment of omnipotence almost all shy away from godhood and many of those specialized nerve cells, like unused connections in the brain, go dormant. The body then eliminates any and all unused or waste materials through the skin. This gives many "in shape" people the feeling you get if you haven't showered in a week. However for novas who were previously obese or riddled with some kind of illness, such as cancer or something that may have caused organ failure or damage like alcoholism the damaged tissues and excess fat are broken down and shunted out leaving them looking and feeling like they are caked in mud. Those millions of extra Faracytes also exit the body and become mixed into that mush.

In some extremely rare cases the funk gets completely imbedded in the set of clothes the eruptee is wearing and within a few minutes the extra quantum energies infuse the dormant faracytes sending them into a quantum state that effects the clothing usually making them more resilient or even granting them morphic and self restorative qualities. By 2010 only a few dozen of the 10000+ novas who erupted by that time were documented to have experienced such an effect. Of that number only a handful were noted to have any innate talent for the manipulation of the substance without at least a modicum of training.

(IE characters should be the only novas with eufiber before in depth research into the nova phenomenon begins.)

And yes please I would appreciate it if I could keep my dibs on the mega tough/strong flying brick type...Ive been waiting a looong time to play this p[articular PC...

Bwah! Cool!

I amended my concept. Going with shapeshifter. Initially I was doing my "evolver" concept, but now I have an idea that I like more.

Med student who erupts and gets a body made of stem cells!

Kind of. More complicated, obviously...but a riff on that idea gives me a nice mental construct for how the shapeshifting and regeneration abilities work...

And I like med students. Intern, I think. Appropriately harried to erupt!

I'm going with a Jedi. Character was a geek before erupting and a major Star Wars nerd, when he erupts he will have the powers of a Jedi. (A Padawan anyway, a Jedi Master would take 75-100 NPs; made one up recently just to see what it would take.)

Archived