[OpNet] Holidays

Long

I'm Warren J. Verona. I guess now is a good a time as any to let everyone know. Everyone knows me as 'Revenant', but I'll no longer be using that name, now or hopefully ever again.

Revenant is buried. The day I left the Knights I dormed and since that day I promised myself I'd never again walk as Revenant. I'm a normal guy now, just like any Joe on the street, save that I have a chance to actually do something with my life as a baseline.

I have a wonderful woman at home and a life that is becoming more and more normal with each passing day. That's what my life was missing I guess: normalcy.

At any rate, I suppose this is my Christmas present to the world, no more Revenant.

Merry Christmas and have a safe and wonderful holiday everyone.

Originally Posted By: Lou Anne Burgess
Machina, seeming to admit that you don't know all?

Ah, it must be in the spirit of the season.

<Screenshot saved> for the photo album.

Cool. Title it "I don't recognize a rhetorical question when I see it".

Even if I didn't know Danny Deader's birth name - and I do, as well as several aliases he's used, because it is what I fucking do - any yahoo could have nailed it down just by taking note of the location, post count, or, I don't know, the fact that all of his old posts have changed their fucking name.

More to the fucking point, I'm wondering why the cocksucker decided to ditch his moniker, and lo and behold:

Originally Posted By: Warren J. Verona
I'm Warren J. Verona. I guess now is a good a time as any to let everyone know. Everyone knows me as 'Revenant', but I'll no longer be using that name, now or hopefully ever again.

Revenant is buried. The day I left the Knights I dormed and since that day I promised myself I'd never again walk as Revenant. I'm a normal guy now, just like any Joe on the street, save that I have a chance to actually do something with my life as a baseline.

I have a wonderful woman at home and a life that is becoming more and more normal with each passing day. That's what my life was missing I guess: normalcy.

At any rate, I suppose this is my Christmas present to the world, no more Revenant.

Allow me to translate:
Originally Posted By: Revenant
Now that Wakinyan's dead, there's a vacuum of self-flagellating drama sluts in the world of tin gods, and it looks like I was candidate numero uno to step in and close the gap.

Since I'm not a rapist psychopath who grapples with immaturity and fabricated inner demons, though, I figured it'd be a fun twist if instead I decided to totally ignore who I am and pretend that by turning my back on my life it'll vanish as though life itself were some easily-denied grown-up game of peek-a-boo writ large. I have it on authority from several Hollywood films that former tough guys trying to make a fresh start and putting their violent days behind them is a virtually foolproof plan that always works, because usually the past doesn't come back to haunt you or anything like that.

Anyway, this sophistry will go on until I get bored and realize that having all my powers is "FUCKIN' AWESOME!" or until cracks start to form in the high-school-Ceramics-I-class bong of a life I've built for myself, at which point I'll realize what a whiny cunt I'm being and will spend the next few months being mocked by Machina for being such a pretentious fucking twat.

Consensus dictates: Many happy returns of the season.

Consensus also dictates: My happy return this season.

It is good to see that some are suffused with holiday cheer. Those not yet suffused are encouraged to consider it. Cheer suffusion may have soothing and healthful effects. Risk factors seem minimal given the potential benefit.

Whoever said I wasn't "suffused with holiday cheer"? I've got six bottles of holiday cheer in the fridge, and two hookers - who I was lead to believe when I contracted their services, operate under the team name of "Holiday Cheer" - on their way over right now.

Don't you worry about me. By the time the weekend is over, I'm going to be fucking stinking of holiday cheer. I'll have three flavors of it on my breath.

Archived