[OpNet] [Journal: Velvet] December 10th

Velvet

"What a difference a year makes," they say. Well, for once, I guess "they" were right.

I admit, things aren't perfect. (Are they ever?) I've been so busy with Babylon, I've hardly had time to spend with the friends I met here months ago... Some are gone from this world completely, and some have just sort of faded away into the data trails of the OpNet. It's hard to have much of a social life when your business revolves around creating entertainment for others, I guess.

On that note, I've been playing at jet-setting for months now, and I think I've finally found the place to open another club. (Yes, another one. So I'm a masochist. I enjoy it.) I've got a spot in Havana all picked out- the place seems like party central, most of the time, and the competition should keep it interesting. I know Warren's happy that things are going so well, but I get the feeling he's hiding something.

Maybe it's just the holiday blues... I dunno. He's a lot quieter these days. Seems like he's settling down after the whole fiasco with the Knights. (Ugh. Just thinking about it still gets me riled up.) In fact, I can't remember the last time he un-dormed, and that worries me a little. I'm not sure it's healthy, but I know it's a sore subject for him.

...Of course, it doesn't help to know that I could just reach in, take a peek, and find out what's really on his mind. I've got to try to be patient. We're in this together now, good or bad, and all I can do is hope he'll tell me when he's ready.

Archived