Robert J. Lambert

Robert fell antsy, earlier during the week Robert had been told that he would be released on the weekend, and that he would be able to go back stateside.

He didn't feel ready for it. He felt, incomplete in more ways than just lacking an arm. When he mentioned it to Britt, she said she would go pick him up too a couple of days earlier.

A couple of days earlier was now, and Robert was having a hard time feeling comfortable with Britt seeing him like this.

He did the only thing he could, he waited.

It took two too many jumps to get into the hospital room. That left Emerald in a bit of a mood. She was brought up short by the room’s sole occupant’s condition. Someone had taken a bite out of this guy. Part of it was his arm and shoulder. Part of it was his soul. He looked like a broken man. Half of that filled her with revulsion, but the other half was curiosity. Breaking others was a useful talent in Emerald’s world and she wanted to know more.

“Ciao compadere,” she said, moving up to his bedside. “I take it you won’t be going with me on a jaunt? So why did you bring me here?”

She was curious about that. Why was she here?

She leaned slightly into him. She wore crisp blue slacks and a white linen shirt. Her jacket was unbuttoned and her shoulder holstered hand-cannon was clearly evident. The gun was most likely a hazard of her trade, but her attitude … well, it wasn’t exactly compassion. There was none of that look in her deep, brown eyes – no pity at all. Her raven hair was hanging loose past her shoulders and a stray bang slid across her view. In her own way, while she was no Brittany, she was attractive. She was more human ideal than super-human idol.

Robert put his legs out of under the blanket and got up, removing the now useless I.V. from his arm. "I'm being released in two days, that's for a reason."

Taking a suit that Ravenshire brought him, Robert went into the bathroom and took a couple of minutes to switch clothes, coming out of the bathroom with an unbuckled belt and an undone tie, he looked at Emerald. "It's a bitch to do this with a single hand, think you can help me out?"

Robert waited for Emerald's answer, he kept talking as he waited. "I have been in this room for the past 2 months, I need out and Madrid is a huge city. You are a girl who knows how to have fun, I know it just from the way you stand, you look at me and that edge in your voice. What do you think?"

"I think we should get out of this morgue."

She comes in and deftly helps Robert finished getting dressed.

"There you go," she straightens him out and turns him around."

She then presses her body tightly to Roberts, their lips almost touching. Robert feels her aura overlay his.

A slight pressure change in his ears tells the young Mr. Lambert they aren't in Madrid anymore. The bright sunlight in the setting sun reinforces that.

"We're in Ibiza. I've never been here befor. Want to go to the Amp Room?"

Not waiting for a replay, she takes his hand and starts leading him up the beach.

"I've never been here, Robert. My first time and I'm here with you A-N-D that is all that matters."

Emerald looks over her shoulder at him, a dazzling smile on her face.

"Tomorrow is never coming. There is only today. Tonight, maybe, but today is all I want. How about you?"

"Today is a great place to be." Robert walked behind Emerald, one of the sleeves of his suit hanging by his side, folded and pinned close with a safety pin.

"Let's go to the Amp Room, I have only been there once. Ravenshire wanted to talk to Jake Corelly, I think that's his name anyway, and he brought me along. I didn't even had a chance to have an Amp Wel.." Robert was sligthly jostled when what obviously was a Nova passed by him, instead of hair he had a what looked liked steel cables coming out of his head, and his skin seemed to be made completely out of concrete, he looked like a living post modern statue. "Yeah, there is no getting used to it."

The strange Nova walked past them, Robert grabbed Emerald's hand and walked towards the Amp Room. "So, other than getting wasted, what else can your capricious mind come up with m'lady? I'm yours tonight."

Emerald huffs her sigh.

"Oh, come on! What do you want to do? What are you afraid to do, you dud?"

Ignoring the mingling of novas around them, and still heading toward the entrance of the club,

"What do you," she purrs out the last word, "want?"

"We can sky dive without parchutes, but I've done that. It might be fun to see another person plummeting to their death," she arches an eyebrow to see if he's interested (in being the victim?). She kicks a shell with her toe.

"Robert, wanting without taking is like masturbating without coming. Seriously, you have to take ... or you can trust me?"

She eyes him speculatively, daring him to choose.

"Let's go daredeviling." Rober grinned, African Rebels out for blood couldn't kill him, a Venezuelan girl's imagination won't do it either. "What do you offer? We got all day for the Amp Room to open, what CAN we do that will send the heart pumping and the blood gushing?"

Robert grabbed her by the hand. "Wanna go Shark diving? I hear there might be big ones around here, I wanna see if I can punch em out of my way!"

Emerald laughs, nods her head and starts running off still holding his hand. A supisingly strong grip nearly pulls him off his feet.

"That's something we have over that walking concrete obstruction back there. We can risk so much. I doubt the sharks would even want to break their teeth on him. Us on the other hand ..."

It was obvious she liked his idea. This time she fought down the idea to teleport them across the island and instead they took a cab.

"You can call me Emmy," she told him. "It wasn't like my real name has been all that much a stretch to my nova name. Esmeralda - Emerald," and she shrugs.

Once they come in sight of the docks and the fishing boats which will certainly offer tours, Emmy begins to bounce on the seat.

"I love the build up. I spent so much of my life thinking I would be boring and uneventful ...," she gives him a maniacal grin, "but not anymore."

The cab stops and Emmy hops out. Half way through the door, she stops herself,

"Can you summon sharks, or some other such thing?"

"No, but I got a checkbook that can summon people who do it." He winked at her. Moving towards the docks, he grabbed the first passer by and gave him a dazzling smile, as in very rudementary and simple spanish he asked for somebody who did great white tours.

Being pointed towards a boat in the docks, Robert once again smiled and walked towards Esmeralda. "I hear the guy on that boat has enough fish heads and harpoons to strip the sea of sharks, thus he is our best bet." Grabbing Esmeralda, Robert pulled her behind him with his good arm. "

Esmeralda laughed as she got drug along. Now Robert was getting into the game. Now he was opening up, which made him a lot more fun in her eyes.

The boat had chipped paint and would have had difficulty passing inspection in the Third World. The captain did like he could find, and kill, some sharks though. Ernesto, as he introduced himself, shook their hands as they came aboard."

"You want to find sharks," he said in poor english. "You want find sharks. I find sharks."

"You want cage," he said, motioning to his shark cage, "or do you go nova-style?"

So, they weren't the first one's to thinking about doing this. It didn't bother Emerald. For her, it was about her experience, not what others had experienced.

"You blood the waters?" Emmy asked in return.

The captain hardly raised an eyebrow.

"Sure, but you need sign waivers. Nova or not."

"Fine," she responded, "and we'll need some of those spears. I think my companion wants a trophy."

Ernesto just nodded. He commanded his mate to go out for beers while he brought out some paper work - in Spanish. He smiled a snaggle-toothed grin while he handed Robert the pen first.

"Ironic that I lost my good hand, I wonder how good I am with my left hand." Robert grabbed the pen, and signed the waiver. "Legal fees are going to be a nightmare if I lose my other arm, I wonder if I could still get a job..."

Robert laughed as he started taking off his shirt. "You know, I didn't figure we would be doing this, so I didn't bring a bathing suit, did you had more fore tought than I did?"

Emerald signed the paper cavalierly.

"Well, I was planning to go swimming in my bra and panties, but since your going to cry about it ..."

She vanished.

Seconds ticked by into a minute then two.

She popped back into existance with a brand new pair of swim trunks and a bikini. She tossed the trunks to him,

"Here you go. Want me to put them on you?"

It was very hard to tell if she was joking, because she wasn't.

"While it is tempting, I never did figure you for a prude Emerald." Robert goes to talk to the man as he slowly starts stripping off the layers of clothing, until he was down to his boxers. Talking to the 'captain' Ernesto, the motor roared and the two Novas where on the way to a shark's nest.

"What do you mean by prude!" Emmy seemed of course, upset. "Oh nothing, I had figured that a girl that likes to live on the edge like you was no stranger to the less is more tactic."

Staying quiet after that, until they got to the nest, robert made a big show of removing his underware, picking up a bucket of bait and jumping bucket and all into the sea.

Emmy laughed at the one-armed bandito.

"If a girl always acts the same, she grows boring, Robert. Besides, if I don't return you with at least the only two things a man really needs around a woman, what will your woman think?"

Esmeralda starts stripping down right there on the deck, steadying herself as the boat rocks out out to sea. He body is a deep rich brown and finely toned. This woman works out. Her clothes drop to the deck, but she takes special care of her gun, making sure it is laid gently aside.

Once she's naked, Emmy turns her attention to the bikini and begins putting it on. She seems to care little what her appearance has on the three men around her, but instead exudes a predatory calm not unlike a sharks. Finished she walks right up into Robert's personal space.

"Boxers show everything when they get wet. Are you sure you want to show the sharks something to aim for?"

Her hand brushes his waistband as she waits for his reply.

Diving into the water, Robert came up head firt. "Well, as long as the sharks are not the only one aiming for it.." Robert swimmed a bit farther from the boat, realizing just how hard it is to swim with only one arm.

"I'm waiting for you sharks!" Robert asked Ernesto to throw a Harpoon near him, the man complying threw that Harpoon which Robert caught with his good hand. "I'm either loosinga another limb, or dinning on shark fin tonight." Divind under the surface, Robert dissapeared into the water.

Emerald took her time chasing after Robert. She took a spear gun and strapped a knife onto her leg. Slipping quietly into the water, she took off quietly after her companion.

Now she waited for a shark to show itself. One did soon enough and passed well beneath them. She came up behind him, her chest touching his back. Her black bikini contrasted nicely against her wet flesh. Letting Robert become distacted with the other predatory, Emmy reached around and took his member in her hand. With slow strokes, and a playful look she let him make a choice.

"Who eats first," she whispered into his ear.

Robert could feel her muscles relaxing as Emmy's hands came around him and down his now transparent boxers. "It depends, would you be more in the mood before or after we hunt a shark?"

Robert suddenly really missed his right arm, feeling like embracing Emmy with it, his attention was distracted by the shark that passes very near their feet. "Now I wonder...which of this two predators I'm more scared of...." Robert leaned his neck back, biting Emmy softly. "What do you figure?"

They never fear me first, she thought. Something about me doesn't let them take me seriously. I'm not the foremost in their mind. Should I be?

Emmy visualized her placing the speargun under Robert's chin and pulling the trigger. I would be fun to see his face. It would be stupid too, maybe even wasteful. Instead she swum cozily around Robert until they were face to face.

"You are more scared of the shark," she teased seductively. "You wouldn't have nibbled the shark. You would have - Thrust - into her with strong, rough and rugged strokes. None of this playing around."

Distantly, she added, "Robert, you are the most dangerous animal out here. I know that."

Just because she wasn't ready to kill him didn't mean he wasn't willing to try and kill her. This made her feel momentarily sad and she missed the dusty African and the deadly thrill of his presence.

Here and now, Emmy. Here and Now.

The brown of her eyes, locked with his, burned with passion. She slunk close to him and kissed him on the tip of his chin. She kissed the base of his neck then half way down the chest. Savagely and quickly, she lunged onto his left breast. Her mouth encircled the nipple and she bit down hard. She bit down so hard she drew blood.

A shark came closer then veared away at the last moment.

"You can cut me too, if you like," she taunted in a child-like voice.

• 3 weeks later...

Putting the spear gun between Emerald and himself, Robert dug the point of the spear sligthly into Emerald's soft chin. "But where is the fun in that? Shouldn't a predator be able to play with his prey?" Dropping the spear gun near enough to Emerald for her to catch it, Robert dived sligthly below the surface, going under Emerald.

Coming back up behind her, Robert dragged the point of her knife up her back. "I'm going to have to borrow this for the momemnt, makes it easier for me." Taking a deep breath, Robert dived below the surface again, this time going straight into the inky red cloud that lingered where he bait buckets had been dumped.

The spearpoint to her throat was a different touch, but but lacked that certain something that might have turned her on. Emerald shivered as the knife caressed her skin. It wasn't like she was too afraid he might do something. Robert didn't feel like the type, but still ...

Grabbing up the spear gun, Emmy took off after the one-armed wonder. Idly, Emmy wondered if she would intervene if a shark grabbed hold of him, or if she would just watch. Robert's form became murky as he moved into the chum-filled water. The sharks were getting closer and the time for idle thought was fast disappearing. Emmy was feeling very alive.

• 2 weeks later...

Diving among thje chum-filled water, Robert could feel it all around him, the movement of the water as bodies disturbed it and the crawling sensation of chum all around him.

Calming himself Robert wildly moved out of the way as a shark passed by, the dagger like scales cutting his side and the sharp rows of theet almost flaying his arm.

Another one came from the side, Robert barely having time to dodge this one too. His own blood flowing into the water, making the sharks even more excited.

Come and get me you big fish, I'm going to have shark fin soup tonight!

She watched him and held back from the soon to be churning water. When the shark made its first dive into him the spear gun came up and she nearly shot the beast. Something held her back. Another thought replaced that instinctual, primal desire to protect one's own. It was the urge to shoot Robert and really make this fight interesting.

Could she get away with it was more important to her than should she do it. That was the cruelty of her mind, to spread her misery to others, even this crippled sap. He wants a this, she told herself. He wants to look back into the face of death ... I wonder what happened to him.

She held back. She also had to backpedal when one of the excited sharks came to her. She punched it in the nose and it swerved away. The air in her lungs was getting tight. Robert had better make his move soon, or drowning, not sharks, would be his problem.

She would let him drown. Of that, she had little doubt. Fools drowned.

Archived