Aberrant RPG - A proper introduction

SkyLion

Hello RPG-Post!

I have been here on the site for awhile and have mostly kept to myself, but now that I am getting more involved with the site I thought I should more formally say hello!

For those of you scratching your heads i have until today been known as SkyLion. This is my default internet handle so when I signed up I used that. However it bacame apparent that the custom here is to have one's screenname match one's character so I am now *Overload* in honor of my first character here in The Long March.

To be honest I didnt get involved here for along time...when i first checked out the site some years ago it was mostly the OpNet open forum world, and only a few full up online games...which is what i was looking for.

So I never really got into the idea of the open ended Opnet stlye gaming, being more of a traditional roleplayer in search of a virtual reality and a plot. So i have spent most of my time on the sister site EON which was more geared to actual games.

Since then I have been immensley enjoying Fox's The Long March, appropriatly named apparently as it has shown an impressive degree of staying power and my character has grown quite a bit.

EON has been slow lately, with only a new Adventure! game active and my oldest online game still being run by BlueNinja albeit at a crawling pace atm.

So Im looking for new games to join! I am strongly considering Arius PBeM game and possibly even Phoenix Rising if their is room.

Just wanted to say hi to everyone and maybe have a chance for y'all to get to know me a lil better. that way when I pop in for a quick discussion with Fox in the chat room i dont keep having to answer the who are you? question!

Good to be here!

I was isolated from my normal TT environment and was desperate for some gaming. Since I found this site I am currently involved in several games. For those who don't know, I am involved in 4 games: Phoenix Rising (Gregory), BESM (Coach Illiyev), The Long March (Ziggy), and the new D&D game (Donny). Being able to participate in these games has provided me an outlet for my escapist tendencies.

As for other future games..I don't know. In all the games i am involved in, I post regularly and faithfully. When given the opportunity to join a new one, my initial reaction is yes. however, seeing as I am involved in 4 already, I may pass on new ones. Have to give others a chance to play. wink

Overload..Welcome. I look forward to further interactions.

lol, the Doctor is in, and he has a diagnosis ... you're both a bit mental laugh

I too have largely lurked on this site, mostly sticking to discussion and the PBP games. Currently running Phoenix Rising, playing in The Long Walk as Andrew Murphy (and Carter Linwood before that), and Shards of Hope as Callum Uallas. Before that I ran in Alex Craft's Adventure! games as Jameson Bradford and later his grandson Dr. Rapheal Bradford.

I too am a refugee from the tables. My group from college broke apart like so much fine china after the bull's rampage. Though two of my members have moved to within a drive (~1.5 hours) I still get only sparse intermittant TT gaming in. Luckily N!Prime has been a wonderful host for my creative outpouring and I have been graced with some wonderful players to interact with.

Although I do agree with your sentiment Omar (GMing one game and playing in two others is quite a bit) that does not stop me from working on a possible new game which I may kick off in the new year.

...Anyways ... a formal welcome to you Overlord/SkyLion/Cody!

Dude, he's trying to give you a promotion, don't knock it! wink

Welcome officially to the site. I tried the open Optnet forums once briefly myself, but I've been almost entirely into the PBP games here during the time I've been active. I guess I'm lucky, I work 12 hour shifts so I generally have time to keep track of multiple games. Been running the Long March for the last year, really glad you guys have enjoyed it. There's a bunch more to come in it. Been playing Bradford's Phoenix Rising as Raider, and most recently the new DnD game as Joram.

Originally Posted By: Dr. Raphael Bradford
lol, the Doctor is in, and he has a diagnosis ... you're both a bit mental laugh

Although I do agree with your sentiment Omar (GMing one game and playing in two others is quite a bit) that does not stop me from working on a possible new game which I may kick off in the new year.

Ah! Here was that pesky post!

So is it true? A new game to grace these hallowed boards?

Tell us more Sensei!

Originally Posted By: *Overload*

So is it true? A new game to grace these hallowed boards?

Tell us more Sensei!

More information will be given as time approaches. I'm still in the brainstorming and planning phases and I will not be luanching this game until I restore internet access to my home.

Probably you will hear about the planning in January with a launch date in February.

Archived