[OpNet] Much love my little ones....

Mama Slattern

The whole world jumped the shark while you were away. It's been horrid. I've been trying to keep my mind off of it by accompanying Flicker on her misadventures to every third-world disaster and genocide that's happened in the last three months. It's been. . . disturbing, but not so disturbing as everything else.

Ahem.

Can I PLEASE come see little Lilith now? I've been asking since she was bloody well born.

• 3 weeks later...
Originally Posted By: Brawlzilla
Yeah, he'd probably hit on her. He hit on me, and that's fucked up.

That's a pretty monstrous thing to say. I mean, shit, he'd probably at least wait until she got her monthly visitor, and all. That way he could justify it with some bullshit about being unable to contain himself around a young nova in the bloom of womanhood or somesuch garbage.

I'd say the same damned thing if he were still alive and to his face, to. And the same people would agree wit me, and the same defend him. Death dosen't exclude ya from gettin' called on your shit; it just means ya don't get ta hear it first hand.

I like and respect ya, Velvet, but I ain't bein' nicer to him just because he's dead. He earned the rep he got; he gots to live or die with it.

Originally Posted By: Ptesan-Wi
Brawlzilla, Machina: I ask that you please let the memory of my mate rest in peace. I have been striving for the past month and more to get others to do so. Ptesan-Wi

What about the people who he upset in life, who have ta live wit the memoriy of his assholishness? I lik to keep them in memory, too.

Originally Posted By: Neil Preston
Indeed, all the ill words about my Brother can do now is hurt the living - those who love him he left behind.

Or it can therapudic. Course, you don't care; you still got yer head up yer ass regarding him.

What-the-fuck-ever. I'm done anyway. It's pointless - ya'll will defend him no matter how bad he was.

I just don't change my mind about sumone cause their dead.

Hey hey hey! cool

Scrolling through the OpNet and I happen to catch this little thread here. Congratulations, long life and health, and all the good stuff.

Keep in mind, if you need to get out and do anything, drop a line to my agent, and I can score you some tickets if I'm nearby in the area. I do my darndest to keep my shows family-friendly, and I'm sure a little night out wouldn't be a bad thing.

Originally Posted By: Neil Preston
Indeed, all the ill words about my Brother can do now is hurt the living - those who love him he left behind.

What about the ones he left behind that hated his fucking guts? Seriously, you know how many folks wanted his ass dead?

Originally Posted By: Juggs
That was poor form, even for you, DX. It's not like the guy can speak up in his own defense.

He hasn't been here to speak up in his defense for a long fuckin' time, and that's never caused me to pull my punches before. What, he gets a free pass, now, because he took a dirt nap? Fuck that. Like Beezy said, this is nothing I wouldn't - or haven't - said to his face. And you're goddamn right it was a low blow. WakiToDan was a low dude, and fuck knows that below the belt is the only place that retard had any sensitivity.

Originally Posted By: Squaw
I ask that you please let the memory of my mate rest in peace. I have been striving for the past month and more to get others to do so.

Sorry for your loss, sugar, but no dice. Some people are bound to remember the kid with fondness; some'll curse his name until they're dead. That's how it goes. Being a grieving widow doesn't mean you never have to hear a word spoken against him for the rest of your life. Take a hint: the fact that there are so many people willing to motherfuck him after he's six feet under should tell you something, shouldn't it?

Originally Posted By: Beezy
I just don't change my mind about sumone cause their dead.

Damn straight.

Originally Posted By: Machina
He hasn't been here to speak up in his defense for a long fuckin' time, and that's never caused me to pull my punches before. What, he gets a free pass, now, because he took a dirt nap? Fuck that. Like Beezy said, this is nothing I wouldn't - or haven't - said to his face. And you're goddamn right it was a low blow. WakiToDan was a low dude, and fuck knows that below the belt is the only place that retard had any sensitivity.

Aren't you just full of piss and vinegar?

I'm not going to ask you to pull punches... you'd ignore the request, and it wouldn't be fair to try and force you to behave against your nature, anyway. I just thought better of you, that's all.

So much for high expectations, I suppose.

Originally Posted By: Velvet
I'm not going to ask you to pull punches... you'd ignore the request, and it wouldn't be fair to try and force you to behave against your nature, anyway. I just thought better of you, that's all.

So much for high expectations, I suppose.

S'alright, Vee. Frankly, I expected better of you than to get all misty over the monster just because somebody finally committed to the only possible outcome of the clusterfuck that was his life, so I guess we're square. Never figured you for the sentimental type, but then I remember, you're a woman. Getting weepy over repentant bad boys is basically what broads do, so I'll spot you a mulligan.

Never figured you for the sentimental type, but then I remember, you're a woman. Getting weepy over repentant bad boys is basically what broads do, so I'll spot you a mulligan.

If you ever catch me doing this, fuck the milligan. Just come and punch me in teh tit. Ill appreciate it more.

Oh, that's right. I forget. You guys are such bad-asses that things like respect for the dead, emotion, and a little consideration are alien concepts. Screw feelings, right? I mean, it's so much better to view the world through some bleak, nihilist filter in which nothing really matters save your own jaded opinion- after all, it's the only way to really justify your own shitty attitude. It makes sense.

I didn't like Wakinyan, and I'm not "weepy" over him. I just assumed you had enough of a sense of chivalry not to attack someone who didn't have at least a millisecond of an opportunity to defend himself. He's fucking dead, and the only people you lot are punishing are the ones who had the misfortune to love him, to know the kid beneath the beast. It's for that kid I'm pissed at you guys, because to keep kicking him after he's gone is pathetic.

Wakinyan was an unrepentant prick. Daniel was a decent kid, from what I could tell in the time I spoke with him- a decent kid who, given a little less power and a little more guidance, could've been a decent man.

So, fuck you. Fuck you both, because "decency" is a quality that's seriously lacking here.

Quote:
Oh, that's right. I forget. You guys are such bad-asses that things like respect for the dead, emotion, and a little consideration are alien concepts. Screw feelings, right?

Emotion and consideration I can muster. But being dead don't garner you any more respect than being alive. Sorry I don't automatically buy into your "veneration of the carcass" bullshit, but being dead doesn't make anyone a better person than they were in life, and I don't see a whole lot about the deceased in question to exalt now that he's gone. You criticize me for taking potshots at him now that he's dead, but who the fuck is that hurting? You? Wu? It sure as shit isn't hurting Waki, seeing as how he's, you know, dead.

I didn't know Danny, you know. I ain't saying he was all bad. Shit, his development was so arrested...it didn't take a psychologist to see that Danny-cum-Waki was a kid who had the misfortune to get the world handed to him on a plate, and like any typical teenager, he didn't know what to do with it and acted like a fucking jerkass.

But I think it's pretty important not to lionize him just because he was killed. It doesn't make anything he did a fucking inch more noble or what he did with what he was given an inch more worthwhile. At the end of the day, he was a prick. I think it's important to remember that.

A reluctant monster of dubious personal importance to a few tin gods is mourned, and across this Earth, a hundred good men will die today, and nobody will know their names.

One death is a tragedy, a million a statistic. Waki should count himself as lucky that he had the very good fortune to be not hated by even one person who matters in this world.

Originally Posted By: Jager
Words

Who the fuck asked you? Sit the fuck down.

Yeah, to fuck with good ol' human decency. Let us shit at the mouth and pat ourselves on the back for keeping it real.

What possible purpose could this serve? Really, aside from getting a few people on the forums pissed, what's the point? Just so you can feel big about yourself? Is stating the fucking obvious when nobody wants or needs to hear it how you get off?

Drag Wakinyan's name through the mud; I'm sure it'll right all wrongs and encourage the dead man in question to repent. And antagonizing those still raw with grief, well...that's just a plus, right?

I didn't know Wakinyan but I reserve the right to call bullshit when I see it. This is bullshit. Get a fucking life, you loser.

I'm someone who bothered to get to know him, you moron. Crawl back in your hole and fester. Its all you good at.

Be fair. I'm good at lots of things. Granted, being the living personification of self-fellatio isn't one of them, so I can understand why we can't relate, but surely you can look up from your urethra-contemplating enough to see otherwise. If you still can't, try stapling down your testicles so they stop flapping against your eyes.

You didn't need to meet Waki to know him. Motherfucker was as transparent as a vacuum. He wore everything on his sleeve.

Originally Posted By: Mr. Soul
Words!

Who the fuck are you? Did you say something?

Yak, yak, yak ...

You didn't need to meet Waki to know him. Motherfucker was as transparent as a vacuum. He wore everything on his sleeve.

Didn't know him, don't know about him, never even bothered ...

Who the fuck are you? Did you say something?

That about sums you up. Your nobody, saying nothing important.

Didn't know him, don't know about him, never even bothered ...

I learned more before my morning tug today than will ever fit inside that pretty little head of yours. Sticks and stones, blondie. What you don't know about who and what I know is just about the inverse of what I do know about you and yours. Staple it down before I open a closet, fucko.

I knew of an Elite named Gravedigger. Crazy bastard used to swing a quantum charged shovel with enough force to pop heads off clean at the shoulder. Rude, crude and obnoxious pretty much sums him up and spends too much time on him. After he died we found out a lot of his cash went to an outreach program in New Jersey. He just didn't seem the type but there you are. Sometimes bad people do good things. Sometimes good people are assholes.

What you think probably depends on which side you see. Either way the guy is dead and a little girl is never going to know her Dad.

Blah, blah, blah ... Staple it down before I open a closet, fucko.

You've got data. I've got information. There's one difference. I give a damn about people and your a bitter, old hermit. That's another.

Ward, nice lesson there.

Ward, nice lesson there.
It's just a story I know. You can see a lot when you take the time to look.
Originally Posted By: Velvet
Daniel was a decent kid, from what I could tell in the time I spoke with him- a decent kid who, given a little less power and a little more guidance, could've been a decent man.
Can't say anything about your friend Daniel. I never knew him. But I thought about the idea of what you were saying. I think, no I believe, that in power and pain we see what people really are. I really believe that. But I also think that view doesn't show us what they have the potential to be. Only what they are at the moment.

So I guess that means you're right after all.

• 2 months later...

Archived