[OpNet] Club Babylon and the WCK

Velvet

Taking some recent events into consideration, I'm formally requesting that active members of the latter do not attempt to enter the premises of the former, unless on official business that requires them to do so.

Plain English translation?

Stay the hell out of my club, unless you have a warrant. "Municipal defenders," my ass.

Oh, and Sean, sweetie, if you're in need of a place to hang out, drown your sorrows, catch an eyeful... you're more than welcome.

I don't understand why you want to close the doors of your exquisite establishment firmly upon the foot of this fair city's stalwart defenders, Ma'am, but I will stand foursquare by your right to do so.

Yes, let it not be said that The Crusader will cross a threshold when asked to refrain; I can and will play that refrain with the violin of respect. Oh, the notes may bring sorrow to my heart, but that minor key of reproach you have requested is still a part of the full scale of societal interaction, a scale that can and indeed must be used in full lest the tune seem shallow and incomplete. I can only hope that these dulcet tones set well upon your ears in this great big music hall we call life.

Sam, I think you've summed up everyone's feelings beautifully.

Of course, it is my greatest desire that the druggie of social interaction be allowed to loaf around in the ill-smelling alley of Velvet's club while smoking the pipe of the WCK. But I see that sometimes one must clean up a neighborhood and send the druggies to rehab so that other citizens may enjoy the alleyway as perhaps a pleasant place for kids to hang out after school, if it's large enough, or even old senior citizens of profit to play their slow chess games of booze and dancing in the battered fedoras of club life.

Never would I wish to stamp the stamp of seediness on the head of Velvet's establishment, because for such a place to truly flourish you must feed, nay, EMBRACE the bread crumb-eating ants of progress and not be tied down by the tasty eclair of WHAT FUCKING LANGUAGE ARE YOU SPEAKING!!???

Originally Posted By: Aidos

Of course, it is my greatest desire that the druggie of social interaction be allowed to loaf around in the ill-smelling alley of Velvet's club while smoking the pipe of the WCK. But I see that sometimes one must clean up a neighborhood and send the druggies to rehab so that other citizens may enjoy the alleyway as perhaps a pleasant place for kids to hang out after school, if it's large enough, or even old senior citizens of profit to play their slow chess games of booze and dancing in the battered fedoras of club life.
Never would I wish to stamp the stamp of seediness on the head of Velvet's establishment, because for such a place to truly flourish you must feed, nay, EMBRACE the bread crumb-eating ants of progress and not be tied down by the tasty eclair of WHAT FUCKING LANGUAGE ARE YOU SPEAKING!!???

Considering that I've never met you, and I'm pretty sure you've never visited my club, where the hell are you getting this?

Sam: Thanks! ...I think?

Sean: Can't wait to have you drop by!

Slattern: It's the same tired old song with different lyrics. Power-hungry men with a "vision" that, apparently, doesn't include opening their eyes to reality... Inept leadership... Really, cataclysmically bad judgement... You know. The WCK standard. I'm pretty sure they're tested before being hired, and if they have any sort of experience or proficiency, or if when handed a map and a flashlight they can find their asses, they're automatically disqualified for membership. Mind you, I'm a native Chicagoan, so my opinion's as skewed as everyone else in the city.

Edit: That last part pretty much only applies to current members, as the smart ones seem to have gotten the hell out of Dodge already.

If we're so inept, then why do 89% of the citizens we serve think we're doing an excellent job? That figure's the highest it's been since the formation of the Knights. Stick to your "Buisness" Velvet and you'll do fine. We'll stay to ours, protecting citizens like you.

Yet you're still exactly the same asshole you've always been. if I use my power to influence to the public, then why did i never "fix" you?

Simple answer, That's not the path I like to tread. I try to believe people will do well if you give them a chance.

Originally Posted By: Cade
If we're so inept, then why do 89% of the citizens we serve think we're doing an excellent job? That figure's the highest it's been since the formation of the Knights. Stick to your "Buisness" Velvet and you'll do fine. We'll stay to ours, protecting citizens like you.

You're the PR man. It's your job to try and make the Knights sound better. Make up whatever figures you want- everyone who actually lives in Chicago knows they're phonier than Procyon's highlights. Play spin doctor, weave your stories. You're the only one who believes them anymore, anyway.

<Procyon: If you're reading this, I still love ya. ;)>

Oh, and for the record, Cade... If "protecting" citizens like me is your job, maybe you should keep your resume on file, hmm? I'd sooner kiss a Terat than subject myself to your version of "public safety."

Originally Posted By: Velvet
Originally Posted By: Aidos

Considering that I've never met you, and I'm pretty sure you've never visited my club, where the hell are you getting this?

I used dramatic license. It's this cool thing where you're allowed to tell lies if it serves a higher purpose. My higher purposes were humor and getting my confusion across.

No, I've never been to your club and I would never compare it to an alley in the ghetto where hobos and crackheads lurk...outside this use of dramatic license.

• 2 weeks later...
...everyone who actually lives in Chicago knows they're phonier than Procyon's highlights...

Hey! My 'highlights' are 100% pure, natural, unadulterated quantum expression. Phony indeed! I'm not speaking to you anymore!

<Procyon: If you're reading this, I still love ya. ;)>

Oh, well that's alright then. You're forgiven, naturally.

I'd sooner kiss a Terat than subject myself to your version of "public safety."

Any particular Terats in mind? (Just thought I'd beat Turbo to that one...)

Originally Posted By: Procyon
I'd sooner kiss a Terat than subject myself to your version of "public safety."

Any particular Terats in mind? (Just thought I'd beat Turbo to that one...)

Don't even think about it Glowbug, or your fake ass highlights will be the least of your worries.

Jealous? Yeah. Worried? No.

I ain't much of a looker an I know it, but I know that Vie sees the man inside, the soul that slumbers while dead one walks.

I'm a lucky man to have found a girl that sees past the monster.

But I'm also a jealous bastard so I'm required to immediately fling insults and threats at anyone who so much as looks cross eyed at her. It's a macho dick waving thing... you know what I'm talkin about Zilla.

Originally Posted By: Sam 'The Crusader' Hill
I don't understand why you want to close the doors of your exquisite establishment firmly upon the foot of this fair city's stalwart defenders, Ma'am, but I will stand foursquare by your right to do so.

Yes, let it not be said that The Crusader will cross a threshold when asked to refrain; I can and will play that refrain with the violin of respect. Oh, the notes may bring sorrow to my heart, but that minor key of reproach you have requested is still a part of the full scale of societal interaction, a scale that can and indeed must be used in full lest the tune seem shallow and incomplete. I can only hope that these dulcet tones set well upon your ears in this great big music hall we call life.

This man needs to be set to music.

Originally Posted By: Revenant
But I'm also a jealous bastard so I'm required to immediately fling insults and threats at anyone who so much as looks cross eyed at her. It's a macho dick waving thing... you know what I'm talkin about Zilla.

Yeah, I fucking know what you're fucking talking about. Not about the dick thing, you donkey-sucking whore, like that joke is still so fuckin' funny after all my life. Ask Velvet for new material. She's clearly the smart one between the two of you.

But I know what it's like to be a jealous fuck. I also know what it's like to lose that, so thanks for reminding me.

Great. Now I have to go get and try to get drunk. Fucker. That's money down the fucking drain.

BZ: Saturdays are nova-only- you're welcome to stop by the club... Revenant has generously offered to pay for your drinks one evening out of his check.

Sunshine: You've generously offered to pay for Brawlzilla's drinks out of your check one evening. I'm so lucky to have found such a thoughtful, considerate man. Love you.

BZ: Saturdays are nova-only- you're welcome to stop by the club... Revenant has generously offered to pay for your drinks one evening out of his check.

Sunshine: You've generously offered to pay for Brawlzilla's drinks out of your check one evening. I'm so lucky to have found such a thoughtful, considerate man. Love you.

You're a first-class lady, Velvet. I'll be there.

Thanks, Revenant. You're a lucky bastard.

Originally Posted By: Cade

You are so unbelievebly full of shit. Santa Claus doesn't have numbers like that.

Originally Posted By: David Devlin
Originally Posted By: Sam 'The Crusader' Hill

This man needs to be set to music.

Yeah. Right. It'll make as much sense as some of Primus' old shit.

Archived