Aberrant RPG - Divis and Pax

Kinda.

In the final adventure of Aberrant Worldwide: Phase 1 (called Into The Arms of the Angel of Wrath) Pax and Mal clash in Bahrain. Partial stats are given there for them.

If you fancy them I can throw them up here (assuming they're not already up somewhere on the site).

Basically Pax is a Q6 Nova with oodles of M-Str. M-Dex, and M=Sta (with some others on a slightly lower level).

His powers are described as him being able to "manipulate kinetic energy on a city-shattering level". That manifests in a variety of effects based around TK.

Mal is a Q8 with a vast array of powers based around plasma energy and manipulation of quantum forces (basically, if it has the word "quantum" in front of it in the power list then he has it in spades). Things like Temporal Manipulation and Warp are also mentioned. He's got multiple levels of every M-Attribute.

To be honest, I never really use either as characters with actual stats. They're so powerful that it's better to leave them vague so a battle against them is something PCs need to plan and plan for rather than getting lucky because Mal botches a dice roll.

Crimson Dwarf,

You see, there's the thing. Like Sphere said, the info listed for Pax and Mal from Worldwide Phase I was deliberately vague. Simply put, Pax and Mal have what the Storyteller needs them to have. That said, here's everything they listed....

Pax:

Nature: Bravo

Traits: "we're leaving them something of a mystery, but here's some of what he's demonstrated":

M-Strength 1 (Lifter, Shockwave, Thunderclap)

M-Dex 5 (Fast Tasks, Rapid Strike)

M-Stamina 4 (Adaptability, Durability, Hardbody, Regeneration)

M-Perception 3 (High-End EM Scan)

M-Wits 2 (Quickness)

M-Charisma 1 (Commanding Presence)

Manipulates kinetic energy on a city-shattering level. Has very potent Telekinesis, Elemental Mastery (Kinetic Energy - generally destructive effects), Q-Bolt (Kinetic), Claws (Kinetic augmentation of his punches), Flight, Hypermovement (Flight), Force Field, Invulnerability (Kinetic Energy), etc.

Quantum 6

Mal:

Nature: Visionary

Traits: even more vague than Pax:

M-Everything, at least 3 dots each and several at 5. Any enhancement he needs.

Armor (Impervious, Superheavy), Disrupt (Increased Duration), Immolate (Plasma: Aggravated), Quantum Bolt (Plasma) (Aggravated, Armor Piercing, Burning, Increased Range, Supercharge), Elemental Anima (Plasma), Flight, Hypermovement (Flight), Disintegration, Temporal Manipulation, Force Field (Impervious), Invulnerability (Broad Categories - Physical, Energy), Psychic Shield, Quantum Leech, Quantum Regeneration, Sensory Shield, Strobe (Visual/Auditory) and Stun Attack (Heat Exhaustion).

Quantum 8

Mastery 1 or 2 on most of his Plasma-oriented powers.

Can sense novas (latent and active) over an area the size of Texas with little effort.

Etc., etc.

And all that is back in 2008; figure lots more stuff (and at least Q7 for Pax and Q9 for Mal) by 2015 or so.

Quote:
Originally posted by Ptesan-Wi:
Crimson Dwarf,

Pax:
Nature: Bravo
Traits: "we're leaving them something of a mystery, but here's some of what he's demonstrated":
M-Strength 1 (Lifter, Shockwave, Thunderclap)
M-Dex 5 (Fast Tasks, Rapid Strike)
M-Stamina 4 (Adaptability, Durability, Hardbody, Regeneration)
M-Perception 3 (High-End EM Scan)
M-Wits 2 (Quickness)
M-Charisma 1 (Commanding Presence)
Manipulates kinetic energy on a city-shattering level. Has very potent Telekinesis, Elemental Mastery (Kinetic Energy - generally destructive effects), Q-Bolt (Kinetic), Claws (Kinetic augmentation of his punches), Flight, Hypermovement (Flight), Force Field, Invulnerability (Kinetic Energy), etc.
Quantum 6
That should be Mega-Strength 5.

It does imply he has mastery, "with quantum 6, Pax has access to generally unknown degrees of power, allowing him to use his powers for a very low quantum cost, over wide areas or to easily hit a target from orbit. Assume he can add two additional Extras beyond level 3 to any (or all) of his powers

I would add that this stats apply for Donighal and Eisenfaust IN 2010.

They are probably much more powerful in 2020, and in 2030, etc...

Should a PC gain Quantum6, Pax will probably have a Q7 or8, and Mal9 maybe.

As a state of rule, assume NOBODY can match them alone. Only a Team (and a pretty tough one!) can handle them I'm afraid laugh

Quote:
Originally posted by Dr. Zero:
There is no proof Mal uses universe creation
True, but I think it makes sense considering Mal's philosophy. He's not interested in Nova's ruling humans but completely segregating the two groups. What better way than making his own universe? But yeah, you're right. There's no proof.

I believe the game developers themselves said that Mal leaves to a universe of his own creation. While it isn't official canon (just like Brainwaves and Asia Ascendant aren't "official" canon) it's pretty much assumed to be canon.

In either case he doesn't have that power by 2015, that's for damn sure!

I believe the game developers themselves said that Mal leaves to a universe of his own creation.

Pretty much. I remember one of the old developer talks where she claimed it was a hair more complex. Mal supposedly split the universe, taking the "good stuff" with him. I got the impression this was one of the reasons why abbies erupting on Earth are so tainted.

Say, is there a record of all of these old developer chats I keep hearing reference of? I have yet to read any, and I'm such a Trinity Universe whore that I can't stand not reading them.

I bought the first Trinity book when it came out, but never got involved with the on-line community until about a year ago. I guess this is the price I pay.

Archived