After Dying Thunder

Ptesan-Wi

And that is how I would have preferred it to portrayed. As it is, PW entered this guy's mind and he ends up sobbing his heart out to the President.

What got me was the appearance of impropiety and not any improper act.

What PW could have brought to the table was the People's pent up rage and desperation that would eventually leave to a genocidal bloodbath if the key players didn't do something. Then the officials sees people on both sides of the conflict dying and knows that its his job to stop this. Now he's making a call to the President based on the real human situation on the ground and not some sterile analysis.

There might be some acknowledgement of how much more difficult the situation had become due to the Sioux murdering their white neighbors. As it appears now, this looks like a big win for the Souix and little else.

I don't believe that the Directive tracks every little activity novas make. Hell, they miss out on what most novas do, but don't people think that a nova getting close to one of the world's most powerful leaders would raise some alarms?

OK, so here's the new plan, campers:

From here on out, the 93-year old (and wheelchair-bound) Jimmy Carter heads up the peace negotiations between the Lakota and the .gov. Being Carter, he's damned good at it... not at just ending the fight, but at sculpting a lasting peace (which means that the Lakota get a bit of that long-denied treaty land, such as Inyan Kara, included in their reservation, and little concessions such as a general amnesty for the war chiefs and the right to arrest (but not try) non-natives who commit offenses on tribal lands). It helps that this is a situation that tugs at all kinds of heartstrings, as well as that the President and Congress are both Democratic (and thus inclined to give America's Democratic Elder Statesman more than they might do otherwise).

PW's involvement at this point becomes largely peripheral. She's still kept "in the loop", but she's not calling the shots (or messing with people's heads). When the whole mess finally concludes with a peace ceremony, she'll be present in a ceremonial role with the peace pipe and whatnot, but that's about it.

I believe that Nova and Wargear are going to head up the task of writing the rest of this puppy and closing it out (with perhaps a token post from PW for the ceremony)... and frankly, after three months of this nonsense, it's about time. That said, if anyone else wants to get involved, PLEASE DO!

And Machina? That was a helluva nice post you made in Echoes of Thunder this morning, and I appreciate it.

Originally Posted By: Ptesan-Wi
And Machina? That was a helluva nice post you made in Echoes of Thunder this morning, and I appreciate it.

Thanks, Jess. It's very rewarding to hear some of the responses it's received, if only from a few people. I understand the thread was largely dead when I finally got around to posting on it, anyway. It's just that I started it before the move, and then I got caught up in other stuff, and I kind of wanted to be the last post on that thread, anyway, so...

Yeah. Anyway. The intention was to provide Wakinyan with a fitting epitaph. I'm glad you liked it.

Originally Posted By: Velvet
Incidentally, where should we be posting our IC reactions if our PC isn't involved in the action?

Initially, the "Echoes of Thunder" thread was used in that vein... but it's gotten kinda old, and I think Machina's post-dated post is probably the wrap for that one.

Best option would be either a separate fiction thread, or - if it fits - on the OpNet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived