Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Nexus Earth - BESM Table talk

Justin OOC

That's....thats one hell of a Range dude >_>

Also on Melee, Val can either fire the basic blast at point blank and probably blow a hole in the hull, or she is reduced to her kicks and punches which....don't do that much so far.

Formula for melee damage is X = {(Weapon Ranks * Damage Multiplier) + Melee Attack Bonus}

That turns into 1 * 8 + 13. Or 21 before spending any of the 21 points Val has right now, bad thing is since I can't pump them that much. I got two options mostly.

1) +1 Rank in Superstrenght and 6 more ranks in Unarmed strike weapon. For a total of 76.

or

2) +10 Ranks in Unarmed strike for a total of 101.

The second one is tempting, but the first one makes Val stronger in general and gives some growth space, which is something I DO want.

What do you guys think I should pick?

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok, just trying to understand how you have things setup.

Under Combat Techniques you can take upto 2 levels of Brutal which takes the free Unarmed 'weapon' up to level 2. This is what Eiji has.

Presumably Valerie has a different 'Cyborg unarmed weapon' which is currently at level 1 and you are thinking of taking higher as you outlined above?

Anyway 21cp?

Superstrength 1 = 8cp, includes +1 melee Damage Multiple

+6 weapon Lvls = 12cp

= weapon Lvl 7 x 9 Damage Multiple +13 melee ACV = 76

+10 Weapon lvls = 20cp

11x8+13 = 101 damage

Yep all checks out, I'm still getting used to the system.

Of the two choices I think you should go with the Superstrength one, as you say, it gives more avenues for future development.

allow me to rephrase.

There will be no spending of CP in the middle of a fight. When a chapter ends and another begins you have until the first PC posts to spend your CP. There may be times where I suspend this rule such as parts of the story where there is no combat, or orform of conflict.

Well thats clear enough Justin, but playing Devils advocate, was it clear enough that they would have so little time to spend thier cp before/when the chapter started? After all there wasn't much time before the first PC posted into Chapter 5.

no, I've been fairly lenient. True, the first PC post came quickly, but there was a good bit where there was no conflict and points could have been spent then. Which would have been acceptable. I also gave advanced warning that the story would be moving forward and it was very easy to see that it was going to be moving into some form of combat. If points were going to be spent, then this also would have been the time to do so, or to ask me about it.

Val said earlier that she did 21 damage with her hands/feet

Weapon lvl 1 x 8 + 13

If we could find something to act as a Club or Heavy mace for her that would improve things as they are WL 2 and 3 respectively, giving her 29 or 37 damage per hit.

Justin said earlier that with her 3 attacks and all hits her 21 damage would/might be enough to take out the dig/tiger size tier 2/3 that we are facing at the moment.

Wait.....I think she does a bit more, because I tought Brutal started at Weapon Rank 0, but if you say 2 ranks of Brutal gets you 2 ranks of Fist, it means that she has {(2 * 8) + 13} = 29 per hit, I guess her fists work, and if things get bad she can always dropa 4 ton piece of equipment on the enemy >_>

Yay, I won't be as useless =D

Max: Ahh the chabbit? I didn't know that's what it's name was. Fair enough.

Seven: From memory...

Init = 2d6 + ACV + mods (like superspeed, Lightning reflexes etc)

Attack = 2d6 + ACV for that weapon/mode or general

Defense = 2d6 + DCV for current mode/skill

For example.

Eiji has ACV (all) +11 + 2lvls of Lightning reactions/reflexes Combat Techniques (+3 to init each level) = 2d6 +17 Init

His attacks are all straight 2d6 + 11, but his Rifle has +3 Accuracy for a total of 2d6+14 with the attacks he just made.

his defence is generally 2d6+11, but he has +1 Melee Defence (Sword) so when using a sword he defends against melee attacks at 2d6+12.

Is that clear enough? Sorry I can't give examples more relevant to the Mecha side, but not looked into that.

ok I'm going to try to sort this out.

be patient I've been without internet for a couple of days now.

Nihilist, your base attack and defense combat values are derrived from adding your mind, body and soul and dividing the total by three. example (Body 6 Mind 6 Soul 6 6+6+6=18 18/3=6 ACV DCV 6 base.

you may increase these values by buying various attributes.

Attack Combat Mastery raises your ACV by 1 per rank using all forms of weaponry and attacks

Defense Combat Mastery raises your DCV by 1 per rank against all forms of weaponry and attacks

Melee attack/defense raises your ACV/DCV by 1 per rank in melee combat using one type of weapon

Ranged attack/defense raises you ACV/DCV by per rank in ranged combat with one type of weapon

Initiative is based off your base ACV added to a roll of 2d6 this can be increased by 3 points per instance of the combat technique Lightning Reflexes, also superspeed adds a bonus as well.

Damage is determined by (weapons rank multiplied by the damage multiplier) (Base is 5)+your total ACV with the attack

a weapon level 10 with the base damage modifier of 5 and an ACV of 10 would be (10 x 5)+10=60

damage can be increased by raising the weapon's rank, and by raising the multiplier.

The damage multiplier is altered by the Attribute Massive damage, each rank adding one to the value (6 at rank 1, 7 at rank 2 so on...)

if the attack is a melee attack they may take muscle on the attack (1 cp) and any ranks of superstrength add to the damage multiplier.

Hope this helps.

Initiative is off your Base ACv? I thought it was the total ACV, means I need to reduce mine by 4 then to only +13. I'll edit it in a minute.

Do we wait for Geoff to post, or assume he is still on the dropship and carry on in Init order?

Defense Group #1

Eiji = 23 (corrected)

Lilly = 18

Valerie = 16

Archived