Big Eyes, Small Mouth (BESM): Nexus Earth - BESM Table talk

Justin OOC

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Max: I'm a little tired, and jittery, so please be warned, I may come back to the post I made in 9.2 and realize that this was not what I intended Francis to say. Maybe I decide it was something he would say.

Just giving you notice since you are making your reply.

Edit: No, the post is fine. Sorry for a false alarm.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So, I know I'm overdue for a post in Desolate Litany, but honestly I'm sort of confused as to what's going on (though I realize that's probably my own fault for disappearing into IRL-land for so long).

So is Kazuo going to fight out in space now? And if so, what's out there for him to fight?

An Enraged Psychotic Captain and about 200 drone mecha. The allied side has about fifty mecha trying to buy time against all that plus Kai in the Meteor.

The others have lots of scout mecha to deal with and Hizashi.

Takashi has already proven to be able to kill starships with his sword

• 2 weeks later...

RE: the ladies in 9.2

Justin, I was willing to show off and tear apart drones, but I don't think the other two are. Max is gone until Monday, but he didn't post before vacation, so I guess he's not interested in that. I'd vote move on to the bridge.

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, well I had an entire response all written up for 9.2. But then the stinking internet decided to eat it.

I'm both too frustrated to try to rewrite it, and out of time in any case, so I'll try and get back to this soon, Long.

Max, Kult - do you want me to edit in your attacks? I am happy to do that and save you guys the time and energy of posting. I'll even do the rolls for you, if you want (or I'm sure Justin won't mind). I'll just need to know what Lily's ranged attack looks like; I already know what Val's look like.

And if you guys don't want me doing that, just please post. I'd love to get this moving again.

Originally Posted By: Justin OOC
All three hits slammed into the first Mauler, coring straight through its centerline. A second later its fusion reactor exploded, even as the other two lit up the void with their remaining weapons. Each of the Maulers hit with something, the first with a Large laser, the second with it's light autocannon, the depleted uranium tipped shells hammering Kazuo at extreme range.

(large laser is 120 damage, the Autocannon is 80)

Kai was fighting Hard against Takashi, but even the power of senbozakura was waning against Takashi's superior skills as a pilot, and experience with the utilizing his Banaki.
I was aiming at all three mechas, Justin. As I said, I was "aiming for the mechas' torsos": mechas and torsos, both plural. Likewise, I said that Kazuo's makeshift "autocannons" were shooting at each of the mechas "in turn". That was also why I assigned the autofire variable, so that I could (hopefully) get rid of the annoying drone mechs and get to the real fight.

Sorry, I normally wouldn't even care, let alone be annoyed, but I was pretty clear on my intentions and when a mistake like this costs me 200 hp in a single turn I tend to become unhappy.

• 1 month later...

I think I need to clear this up...I should have posted something in the IC thread I guess...

Lily's not unconscious yet. smile

She still had Guard up this one last turn, so her defenses successfully absorbed Hizashi's attacks.

However, her force field is gone, and she hasn't enough energy for Guard again...

Houston- confusion on the rolling of initiative.

According to the rules, you roll 2d6 + ACV without the bonuses of Melee or Ranged attack, not including all the other applicable bonuses in certain cases.

So judging from the first Skye init roll, she should not have Init 26, even with a roll of 12.

And does Kazuo even have a basic ACV of 11? Just asking because this is confusing me a bit as to these scores versus the rules here.

Max, and that could be why her Init is like that. I just don't remember and don't want to look it up right now. Hence, talking to Justin before I commit to changes.

Regardless, with Boxcars, her on final result doesn't matter. She'll go first or whenever she wants, as I understand the rules.

Archived