Famous Quotes Thread

Warren Verona

So, I was thinking, and I'd like to get all of your opinions as well.

We write a lot of fictions, be it 2009 or 2017. Now I know that there have been times when I've been reading some of your work, ladies and gentleman, and I've come across something that seriously just made me soar. Or a month or so later I’ve been thinking to myself “What the hell did <character> say that cracked me up…” Then off I go to find it, and usually end up reading two or three fictions in the process to find it.

It could have been the way you described a power effect, or some witty one liner that seamlessly fit the story, or maybe a dramatic scene that detailed one hell of an event. We are a group of massive talent, and patting each other on the back should be a common practice. It's fun to do.

So, what I propose is a thread dedicated to what we, as readers, consider 'famous quotes'. I think this will be a great spot where we can laugh, cry, and agree that sometimes (even during our blah days) we manage to put some really cool stuff out there to enjoy and sometimes what we think sucks turn out to be 100 times better than we thought it would be once we cheer up a bit.

1. I think this will encourage some 'casual readers' who stop by the site to maybe get involved a bit more, you know, to see what all the hype is about. Famous quotes demand a back-story… and “Here, read this, you’ll love it.” is a great way to spark interest, mixed with casual chatting of course.

2. It could encourage some of us to re-read fictions we've read in the past just find that one line we know was cool, but can't think of it now... only to find a slew of others during our search. Just because the fiction is written doesn't mean we should only read it once! Most of this stuff is vintage; you can't read it just once.

3. A place of praise and back slapping certainly helps keep spirits up, which in turn keeps us all in a rather good mood which keeps us writing better! smile

Obviously, not every fiction will have something that absolutely must go in that thread, but like we did with the song thread we could have a lot of fun with this.

What say you guys/gals? Let's discuss this for a bit, shall we?

Good question, I think it could quite easily be seen as a group thread, but that could make it hard to locate the fiction we're looking for if we wanted to reference it to another player or guest.

Perhaps one in the 2009, and one in the 2017. Just so we can reference the proper fictions a bit easier. If you read a Carver quote in the 2017 thread then obviously you know that Carver is a 2017 character. Which helps narrow down your search if no link was provided (which I'm terrible at... heh.)

I have some quotes from our resident Mr. Rogers: Machina.

Originally Posted By: Machina
Trying to get Catholicism away from Spics is harder than trying to get whisky away from a Mick.

or this little gem;

Originally Posted By: Machina
Letting you give a deep kiss to my one-eyed baloney poney would be like free samples day at the retard factory.

My bad. I'll move the post as soon as we have a thread for the quotes.

BTW, I think we should start with 2017. I don't think that we have enough posts for 2009. Let's give '09 one year, then we could do a '2009 Quotes of the year' thread. We could do it each year for the '09 boards.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived