[OpNet] Blast in South Dakota

Sandcaster

All the news stations are reporting some kind of massive blast in South Dakota near Wounded Knee; reports of everything from broken glass over a 30-mile radius to "pillars of flame". I'm getting exactly zilch other than the same over emergency bands. What the hell is going on out there?

For anyone wondering, the word I am getting is that this looks like a military-level attack, possibly by some manner of orbital weapon. The descriptions I've gotten sound very much like what hit Ibiza two years ago, but stronger. The Wounded Knee memorial site is simply gone.

This is bad, folks. Very bad.

I'm busy as hell trying to stay on top of things here in Boise, where the civil defense types are going understandably nuts. Don't expect to hear much from me in the next few days.

Cosmic Comet's confirmation backs up what I've been informed by other sources. This is going to come out sooner or later; might as well be sooner.

It appears to have been an attack by an orbital kinetic cannon of some sort. It appears to have been a successful targetted attack on one particular nova.

Assuming my sources are correct, Wakinyan was the target, and is dead.

Who did this? I don't know. Why? Again, I don't know. Guesses can be made, but that's all they are at this point: guesses.

I hope I don't need to explain just how volatile things are likely to be for the immediate future. That said, I need to get back to work; I don't think I'll be getting much sleep for the next few nights.

Do not bother contacting Wakinyan. There is no longer any reason to speak his name unless it's to reminisce

Now, on to more important matters. I need to shake hands with a nova capable of surviving in space. I have an anti-nova WMD to disassemble and send crashing into the earth.

Those who matter know where to contact me.

Ah, to soar in the great vastness of space, looking down upon our small blue-green ball of a planet as if it were a... small blue-green ball.

Yes, I have flown those starry heavens, my grim bluish friend, and if someone has pointed a belligerent bat at our planetary ball, then by gum, I'll be happy to crack that bat in two and send it flying over the outfield of the solar system!

I'm your hand-shaker, chum!

Archived