Creeper

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some of their ideas make sense, i.e. the "We are more special/different than baselines". Well, duh. Yep, we are.

The rest of it seems like nonsense and/or wishfull thinking. "We shouldn't associate with baselines and by not associating with baselines a perfect society will be formed".

When their lead spokesman is known for sleeping around with baselines one has to wonder if it's just a marketing ploy. Anyone gone to a "Divis Mall" for shopping recently?

Hey Hey Hey, Terats are the followers of a Philosophical point of view.

Why do you label all of the Terats as Extremist without actually knowing them? Falling for the Project's Propaganda much?

Want to hear of another people who did that? Nazis. Nazis claimed that ALL the Jews, Gypsies, Gay people, Old People and Sick people were bad for the country and deserved death. Was that true? No.

Terats are as bad as the next Christian or Muslim that defend their faiths.

It has come to my attention that any group can have it's extremists and moderates. However, it's the extremists that usually define a group. What you need to look at are the numbers of any particular group who practice extreme beliefs.

With the Teragen, it seems that most of them want to be left alone to their own devices. Those who don't, will be dealt with as a matter of course. Society, afterall, needs protection from sociopaths and misanthropes.

Originally Posted By: Pew Pew Pew
They seem like a rather unsavory bunch to me.

Horse shit. I'm the very picture of savory.

Quote:
Dress it up in political or philosophical trappings all you want, but when you get down to it they are separatists who kill to get their way.

I'm only in it for a sex, booze, and orgies.

Quote:
Blah on that.

Well... uh, you're lame.

I'm with P3 on this one... These "Teragen" people sound pretty dangerous, especially when they're talking about superiority and supremacy. Even if it's only the extremist/radical elements, I'd definitely think twice before opening my door to one.

Originally Posted By: Pele, Kahu Ahi

Why do you label all of the Terats as Extremist without actually knowing them? Falling for the Project's Propaganda much?

Never did label them all as extremists, I'm sure that there are plenty of peaceful Terats out there to. It's just that you don't here much from them.

As a side note is their any Terats here that could help me to understand what Teras is all about?

Don't critique if you don't know.

The Teragen is a loose confederation of Novas built around the creed that we are not like humans, and we shouldn't try to be.

We were given great gifts by the Quantum lottery that is Nova hood, we should use them and push them to their limits to really know what we are. So far Novas have had an attachment to their human side, but imagine Novas reproduce, those kids will never know what is like to be without powers or to be Human, will it be right to make them BE human just because every other Joe Schome didn't manage to pop?

Teras is a teaching that shows us that we must push our powers and explore their capacity, Nova powers are based on basically reality re-writting, that means most Novas could realistically do everything they ever wanted to, why not try to do it?

If you really want to know more about Teras you should look me up Creeper.

...that means most Novas could realistically do everything they ever wanted to, why not try to do it?

I have serious problems with that idea. It's been said pretty often, but I'll repeat it here- "Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should." Where's your moral compass? If someone just happens to feel like "pushing their limits" and wipes out 15 city blocks in a major metropolitan area, what do you say? "Oops?" "We're novas, so we don't answer to your ideas of right and wrong?" Think about what you're saying, and be realistic. Do you really think people (nova or otherwise) should be able to do everything they ever wanted?

I don't.

I agree with Kittie that we can't have anarchy, which is basically what Pele is describing. Some sort of moral standard has to be in place, in order to stop those who would behave in a manner anathematic to the survival of society.

That being said, I also understand that there are some definite differences between humanty and Nova. As humans evolved, so did their societies. In order for humans and Nova to survive together, some fashion of societal evolution has to happen. I don't have the answers, only some insights. Perhaps one day a group of great minds, human and Nova, will figure out what needs to change. Until then, we have to moderate our actions, lest we alienate one another and breed conflict that noone can stop.

Originally Posted By: Kittie
"Just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should."

You know, you're right. I'll back down when Utopia does. Until then I'm a hunter and the world is my jungle.

Don't get me wrong people I'm a Terat. Damn proud too. I don't hate baselines, and I certainly don't want to wipe em all out, but I'll be damned if I'm going to allow one to tell me when, where, and how to use my abilities.

I'll admit, knocking down entire city blocks is pretty stupid, but honestly if I had to smear the sidewalk with a few examples of why not to fuck with me then I would. Just like I did at the Blackburn. Nova or not, if it’s a fight you want it’s a fight you’ll get.

I am not human. Human laws do not apply to me. I don't think that means I should intentionally go out looking for problems, but if some pecker-head walks up on me wanting to throw down then he/she dies.

I'd expect no less were I to prove to be a less than capable warrior. Do not suffer other to tend to your weaknesses. Humans are weak and we are not here to be their scapegoats or tools.

Originally Posted By: Changeling
Until then, we have to moderate our actions, lest we alienate one another and breed conflict that noone can stop.

I couldn't agree more! I guess it's easier for some of us than others to keep up semi-normal lives, admittedly, and I understand why someone might want to soul-search and figure out who they are now... I just don't see why everything has to degenerate into bigotry and separatist dogma. We're all still just people, right?

Originally Posted By: Primal
Until then I'm a hunter and the world is my jungle.

...if I had to smear the sidewalk with a few examples of why not to fuck with me then I would. Just like I did at the Blackburn. Nova or not, if it’s a fight you want it’s a fight you’ll get.

I am not human. Human laws do not apply to me.

...Do not suffer other to tend to your weaknesses. Humans are weak and we are not here to be their scapegoats or tools.

You officially scare me.

You officially scare me.

Look Boo-boo-kittie-fuck, I'm no saint. Some lady and her kid see me on the street and they smile, I smile back. I pat the kid on the head, tell the lady to have a nice day and push on.

Null sweat.

Now, if some nova hating extremeists or a few gangbangers lookin to prove that Mite makes right come at me then I'll be damned if I'm about to call for a cop or Team Tomorrow to come save my rump.

Not a chance in hell. I'ma stand my ground and shred some idiots. See, that's the problem with baselines: when they get their ass kicked by a nova it doesn't occur to them to leave the damn guy alone. Their small monkey brains only think that sending twice as many next time is the logical solution.

I'm cool with that. The more they send, the quicker I eliminate the fools giving the rest of the breeders a bad name.

That's what being a Terat is to me, living by a code of respect for the nature of things. A lion will drink from the same watering hole as the gazelle without making it a meal, however when the lion prowls the plains in search of prey gazelle quickly knows its place.

No offense, but I've heard the "monkey" comparison too many times, and it still really annoys me. If that's all you're basing your perspective on, you need new material.

Monkeys don't randomly become humans. Humans, on the other hand, do suddenly turn into novas. Sharing genetic code isn't the same thing as actually having been one.

Hey Hey Hey, Terats are the followers of a Philosophical point of view.

Want to hear of another people who did that? Nazis.

godwinslaw7qt.gif

Well now, maybe I've been underestimating them.

Are these statements compatible? whistle
Yes.

The Teragen is a loose confederation of Novas built around the creed that we are not like humans, and we shouldn't try to be.
Huh? Mostly that sounds like common sense.

That's what being a Terat is to me, living by a code of respect for the nature of things. A lion will drink from the same watering hole as the gazelle without making it a meal, however when the lion prowls the plains in search of prey gazelle quickly knows its place.
Interesting. That's the first sane answer I've heard about the Teragen.

What about the other half of it? Does being a Terat mean I can't sleep with baselines or take money from them? If so, why?

No offense, but I've heard the "monkey" comparison too many times, and it still really annoys me. If that's all you're basing your perspective on, you need new material.

Monkeys don't randomly become humans. Humans, on the other hand, do suddenly turn into novas. Sharing genetic code isn't the same thing as actually having been one.

Well yes, but then again, you are talking about 5% of the genes changing and we are now a completely different species, some Novas don't even look remotly human when using their powers. I use Anteus from the Project as an example.

We are not humans, and clinging to it is like the 40 year old man who stil lives with his mother and watches saturday morning cartoons before collecting his allowance, it's just a delusion.

godwinslaw7qt.gif

Ha! Gotta say I didn't expect that, got a good laugh out of me.

Originally Posted By: Josh Brickman
Well now, maybe I've been underestimating them.

Are these statements compatible? whistle
Yes.

Huh? Mostly that sounds like common sense.

Interesting. That's the first sane answer I've heard about the Teragen.

What about the other half of it? Does being a Terat mean I can't sleep with baselines or take money from them? If so, why?

Is it just me, or is this sounding more and more like an after school special? Kraven up there is playing the fatherly figure with all the answers, and Josh is playing the curious little boy who asks all the right questions.

Also. I have been waiting to call Primal Kraven since I joined this damn site.

Originally Posted By: Transonic
Is it just me, or is this sounding more and more like an after school special? Kraven up there is playing the fatherly figure with all the answers, and Josh is playing the curious little boy who asks all the right questions.
"After school special"? "little boy"? Am I being insulted or is that a cultural reference I'm missing?

If you really want to know more about Teras you should look me up Creeper.

Great. From what you've already said it would be a most promising discussion. PM with your location and I'll stop by.

Originally Posted By: Transonic

Also. I have been waiting to call Primal Kraven since I joined this damn site.

Aww, what's wrong? Couldn't pick a fight with Pew Pew Pew about being a Municipal Defender so thought you'd bounce over here and pick one with me instead?

Waste of time fucko. If you wanna dance we do it on the street, where I can shed blood. Not on the OpNet.

So slow your roll there Quicksilver, I ain't having it. If you have something more to contribute than just turning a serious thread into a childish game, go somewhere else and do it.

People have questions and were trying to answer them and you're getting the way, so leave.

I'm unimpressed by the Teragen. Count Orziaz is the worst example of Eurotrash I've come across. Divis Mal seems like a preening homosexual, albeit a powerful one. And Geryon seems like a crude thug. Though I'm not suprised, he sounds English.

But some aspects of their philosophy is entertaining. Being above a limited structure of law sounds liberating.

I don't have a problem with the Terats who want to live and let live. What I do have a problem with is those that feel they have to kill, maim, and destroy when and were they will, plus those others who believe they have to fight for that bunches right to do as they please.

Just like everyone else, a Terat's right of self-expression ends at the next person's face. Maybe if as a group they had a greater respect for life others wouldn't have such problems with them.

Originally Posted By: Caduceus
Maybe if as a group they had a greater respect for life others wouldn't have such problems with them.

A greater respect for life? Look a few of these up; it's (almost) every major war through out the human's reign on this planet.

Afghan War (1919)
American Civil War (1861-1865)
American War of Independence (1775-1782)
Anglo Burmese War, First (1823-1826)
Anglo-Dutch War, First (1652-1654)
Anglo-Dutch War, Second (1665-1667)
Anglo-Dutch War, Third (1672-1674)
Austrian Succession War (1740-1748)
Babylonian War (311-308BC?)
Barons War, First, (1215-1217)
Barons War, Second, (1264-1267)
Bavarian Succession War (1778-1779)
Big Black River Campaign, 7-19 May 1863
Bishop's War, First (1639)
Bishop's War, Second (1640)
Bohemian War (1420-1434)
Boxer Rebellion (1900)
Brothers War (c.241-236BC)
Chattanooga and Chickamauga Campaign (1863)
Chremonidean War, c.266-262 B.C., (Greece)
Creek War (1813-14)
Crimean War (1853-1856)
Crusade, First (1096-1099)
Crusade, Second (1147-1149)
Crusade, Third (1189-1192)
Crusade, Fourth (1202-1204)
Crusade, Fifth (1218-1221)
Crusade, Sixth (1228-1229)
Crusade, Seventh (1248-1254)
Crusade, Eighth (1270)
Conquest of Cyprus (306BC)
Devolution War (1667-68)
Diadoch War, First (322-320 BC)
Diadoch War, Second (319-316 BC)
Diadoch War, Third (315-311 BC)
Diadoch War, Fourth (307-301 BC)
Diadochi Wars (323-280 BC)
French Invasion of Egypt (1798-1802)
English Civil War, first (1642-1646)
English Civil War, second (1648)
Eumenes’ War (263-261 BC)
Falklands War (1982)
First Coalition War (1793-97)
First World War (1914-1918)
French and Indian War (1754-1763)
Gulf War (1991)
Hellenic or Lamian War, 323-321 BC
Hundred Years War (1337-1453)
Iran-Iraq War 1980-1988
Italo-Turkish War (1911-12)
Jacobite Revolt, First (the '15)
Jacobite Revolt, Second (the 45)
Jenkin's Ear, War of (1739-c.1743) (America)
Kalmar War, 1611-1613
Kentucky Confederate Invasion (late 1862)
King George's War (1744-18 October 1748)
Lamian or Hellenic War, 323-321 BC
Livonian or First Northern War, 1558-1583
Mexican War (May 1846-February 1848)
Namibia (War) 1966-1990
Napoleonic Wars (1799-1815)
Nordic Seven Years War, 1563-1570
Northern War (1700-1721)
Overland Campaign against Richmond, 1864
Peninsular War (1807-14)
Polish-Muscovite War, 1609-1619
Polish-Ottoman War, 1620-1621
Polish Succession, War (1733-38)
Polish-Swedish War, 1600-29
Punic War, First, 264-241 BC
Punic War, Second, 218-201 BC
Wars of the Roses 1455-1485
Scanian War, 1675-79
Second World War (1939-1945)
Seven Years War (1754-1763)
Smolensk War, 1632-1634
Spanish Succession War 1701-1714
Swedish Civil War, 1597-98
Swedish Danish War, 1657-60
Syrian War, First, 276-272 BC
Syrian War, Second, 260-255 BC
Syrian War, Third, 246-241 BC
Syrian War, Fourth, 221-217 BC
Tanker War 1984-1988
Thirteen Years War, 1654-1667
Thirty Years War (1618-48)
Welsh War of Edward I, 1277-1282
World War One, 1914-1918
World War Two (1939-1945)
Zulu War 1879 (South Africa)

Now, the first recorded war was in 1275BC. That means, that to date human average a slaughter of each other once every 35 years or so. Not to mention what happens to women and children overseas in places like Iraq. This is the most intelligent species on the planet? Or was rather?

Look, these people are for the most part an okay bunch, but the bottom line is they are not on the top of the food chain any more. Evolution favors us and by the very same laws of nature that humans penned with their own blood through out the ages:

"To the victor go the spoils."

Their place is below us, and like all the species they have made extinct through their own greed, malice and lust for power they need to understand that they exist only because we permit them to do so.

Primal, you officially scare me. I'd go so far as to say that I think I almost understand where you're coming from.

What Primal's said has actually really made me think about the Teragen. It's easy to paint them all with the same brush or to assume that the actions of some of their more frightening and violent members represent the organization as a whole. But so far, I know of no formal declaration issued on behalf of the Teragen as a whole, except for (I guess?) the Null Manifesto, which basically seemed to just say "nova =/= human" in the space of several pages.

I get it. I think. With the kind of powers some of us have, it's easy to not feel quite "normal", anymore. Guys like Antaeus, or a guy whose entire body turned into radioactive sludge, how do they feel really, really "human" anymore? And, you know, that's okay. You don't feel human anymore, you want to experience life on some new set of terms? That's a-okay with me. As long as you're not hurting or restricting the liberties of anyone else, I'm perfectly cool with that.

Having said all that, I don't feel it. blush Sorry. I can condemn the actions of the violent and oppressive in any forms and still sympathize with what I think is the Teragen belief of transhumanity, but as for me, I still feel pretty much like a normal girl, for the most part. smile I like it that way.

Taking a snapshot of anyone's past can make them look bad. Fortunately, we can also look at humanities present actions and realize how great it is to be a part of the greater whole.

I would like to believe that the Teragen is more than the actions of Geryon, Leviathan, Shrapnel, and the Confederate. Their actions have given the Teragen movement some real bloodshed.

It makes it easy to see the rest of them as they associate of killers and terrorists, especially if they are the apologist for those brutal deeds.

As for evolution: time will tell. The M-R node creation may just be an aberration. Novas could be the flash in the pan while the world spins over our bones. If is foolish to compare raw physical and mental ability and decide this is the defining factor for survival before we even know the test.

Quote:
Primal, you officially scare me.

I get that a lot.

Originally Posted By: Caduceus
Taking a snapshot of anyone's past can make them look bad.

You're absolutely right. Which is why I did not present to you a snapshot, I presented the violent history as a whole, from the 1st war they waged until the present.

I know they aren’t perfect, shit man, neither am I. They have set the standard for this world, and it's pathetic.

Quote:
Fortunately, we can also look at humanities present actions and realize how great it is to be a part of the greater whole.

Excellent idea, lets do that.

1. Strengthening the economy? NOVAS advised the freezing of the exchange rates.

2. Year 2000 bug? NOVAS made that pretty to handle.

3. Breast Cancer? NOVAS made that go away.

4. Ozone problem? Project Utopia NOVAS researched and designed the CFC bacteria and cleaned that mess up.

5. Ocean clean up? Let's see, NOVAS I believe developed the bioremedial bacteria responsible for that also...

Are you seeing a pattern here? Nova's are being USED to make this world better for the human race. The UN declares that Novas are human beings with their Zurrich Accord and now because a bunch of human say so I'm a human too and must follow and adhere to all their laws?

Horse shit. I'm not human, it's medically proven that novas are a separate species. Humans cannot do what we do. Therefore, as a species separate from humanity I reserve the right to conceive and adhere to my own set of laws.

Quote:
I would like to believe that the Teragen is more than the actions of Geryon, Leviathan, Shrapnel, and the Confederate. Their actions have given the Teragen movement some real bloodshed.

Eh, it's only blood. Humans have been spilling it for years, they're only pissed off cuz it's theirs and this time around there's about fuck all they can do about it.

I don't like Gery, and I've tod him so, but the guy doesn't wake up in the morning, rub one out and then say "Hey, I think I'll kill humans today." There is method to his madness.

Quote:
It makes it easy to see the rest of them as they associate of killers and terrorists, especially if they are the apologist for those brutal deeds.

Men slaughter cattle by the hundreds and they do so because it's a stupid, tasty creature with no real power. It's their right given their place upon the food chain.

As I said, we're above them on that chain; I see no reason to treat them as anything more than cattle when they fall from my favor.

The whole species argument is ludicrous, it's like when racist governments justified their actions with theories about how black people were of a different "race". It's completely irrelevant, or are you telling me that the Teragen would be any different if, by scientific definition, novas were the same species as humans? They'd just have to change their rhetoric a little and they'd continue plodding along quite happily. The fact is some people feel that it's a good idea to make the world a better place for themselves and their descendants, and then again, others don't, and yet others have a completely different idea of what a "better world" entails. But all this "scientific proof" is just a half-hearted excuse, like people that try to prove the existence of God. It doesn't matter, the only thing that matters is that it's believed in.

Humanity is comprised of subspecies. Asians, Africans, Eupoeans... etc. Everyone is human, but they are not all alike, hence why 'races' of humans look different (skin pigment, shape of eyes, etc).

Yet, none of them are fundamentally different from the other, no man or woman is above the next. They divide themselves among the world and create nations, these nations are comprised of a majority of their particular 'race' or subspecies. Europe, Japan, China, Russia, America, etc.

Novas are different. Novas are a separate species, and based on our abilities we can easily be defined as separate subspecies of 'Homo sapiens novus'. Argue all you want, but humans do not have claws that rend concrete, they do not have wings, they do not fly or topple train engines in a single punch.

What really separates humans from novas is that the humans have a central body of government that assists them in leading this planet (The UN), and as humans they have set a standard of living for humanity. What they also have done however is set a standard of living for novas as well, and as a seperate intelligent species they have not permitted any of us to step forward and have any political right to refuse the laws and rights by which they have told us we must adhere to.

Novas were not involved in the penning of the Zurich Accord, and to date none have been permitted to hold a seat within the United Nations and speak for novas.

Put simply, we are slaves. If we use our powers and abilities in a means that displeases the humans they cry out to their enforcers and have us 'brought to justice'.

Since when has the species barrier invalidated authority? Dangerous animals are put down every day. Inf act, from a certain point of view, humans are being quite generous by giving novas the same rights as they've fought for for centuries. If a group of novas truly wants to govern themselves and not be under baseline authority, they must set up their own nation and not interact significantly with humanity. Only then could it be said that it is unfair for humans to judge novas.

Originally Posted By: Percivald
Since when has the species barrier invalidated authority? Dangerous animals are put down every day. Inf act, from a certain point of view, humans are being quite generous by giving novas the same rights as they've fought for for centuries. If a group of novas truly wants to govern themselves and not be under baseline authority, they must set up their own nation and not interact significantly with humanity. Only then could it be said that it is unfair for humans to judge novas.

Wow. I'm really pretty far from being a Terat, but you're going way too far in the opposite direction. Novas aren't "dangerous animals" and we should damned well have all the rights we had as humans. It's not a matter of them being "quite generous," and that's ridiculously condescending of you. Also, as far as I know, the whole Zurich Accord thing pretty much nipped forming a separate nation in the bud. We're bound to uphold the same laws as everyone else, and that (I think, not a PoliSci major here) includes yanking a scrap of land away from the current owners.

Besides- isn't "not interacting" sort of counter-productive to coexistence? And how is that going to help determine whether it's fair or unfair for humanity to judge novas? In case you hadn't noticed, separate nations or not, humanity's done a pretty good job of judging each other forever. If one country doesn't think someone's fit to rule another country, or they don't like the religion there, or they're afraid the other guys have bigger penises, they go to war, they freeze trade, etc.

I really don't mean to sound rude or anything, since I know we all have different views, but your post just didn't make much sense to me. blush

Archived