Aberrant RPG - Best way to model this power...

Joseph OOC

Creating/secreting nectar/honey/other simple nutritious substance. Enough to feed someone in a pinch (if you're in the wilderness without supplies), but something very simple and always the same. I was seriously thinking of Quantum Conversion (Sugar), but QC states that it is only for "energy", so I couldn't make a physical substance for it. Matter Creation seems to be overkill for this, with it's high Quantum Minimum, even if the level is pulled down by weaknesses.

WHat would be the best way to do this? A whole new power?

Originally Posted By: Joseph OOC
WHat would be the best way to do this? A whole new power?

Definitely. I'd make it level 1 and allow the power to make any kind of vegetable or fruit that is safely edible by humans. Dots or successes would equal how much food is created. 1 succ = enough to satisfy 1 person, 2 succ = enough for 2 persons or for one to stuff himself to the gills...

Originally Posted By: Joseph OOC
I was seriously thinking of Quantum Conversion (Sugar), but QC states that it is only for "energy", so I couldn't make a physical substance for it.

Funny how that works. In Aberrant 'energy' and 'matter' are not clearly defined (hence why Matter Chameleon permits you to take the form of energy, level three or not, the power says Matter).

With out making it an entirely new power, just make it a body modification. Instead of his/her body secreting slimy toxins (allow me to direct you to ‘Nematocysts’ and ‘Slimy Skin’ in the Teragen book) it instead secretes a nectar that, if enough is imbibed, will function as a nutritional supplement.

If some poorly written canon guy can have zits, that when popped, turn into something that novas want to wear, then I see no reason why you can't make a perfectly lickable, candy coated nova.

Body Modification: Walking Buffet.

“Hi, if you lick me I’m sweet and nutritional.” Ladies, do not fall for this!

It's never actually stated that "B"'s powers work that way. That was given as an example... unfortunately. The guy is pretty major, it'd be nice to have a *lot* more definition on him. Maybe if the line had gone on we would have.

Ways to do this:

1) Elemental Mastery.

2) Q-conversion (I'd allow it, for the same reasons Dave mentioned).

3) Maybe a new bodymod.

Keep in mind is that we're really talking about a theme more than a power. You could define "Boost(Stamina):Other Person" as creating that stuff and you'd be pretty good. ST permitting you could even define it as the appropriate ability (Survive: Can find food litterally anywhere)... but I personally wouldn't allow that.

Archived